West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when people from the post-interview decision-deferred pool get notified with a decision?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been offered an interview after initially being deferred?

Plenty of people have been offered an II after being deferred. Let it simmer for a while, and if nothing happens, give the admissions staff a call.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone I hop everyone's cycle is going well. Completed everything on the 29th of October. Does anyone know when I'll receive an II. I checked my portable and all it said was decision pending.

Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know when people from the post-interview decision-deferred pool get notified with a decision?
I'm told that they review it periodically.....in the same boat,crossed fingers!

Also accepted! So excited to join such a wonderful program!

Reactions: 2 users
Completed 10/28, 1st MCAT-27, 2nd MCAT-26 :( sGPA-3.62, cGPA-3.77
What are my chances? Haven't gotten an II yet ... is this normal? Kinda stressing out...

Completed 10/28, 1st MCAT-27, 2nd MCAT-26 :( sGPA-3.62, cGPA-3.77
What are my chances? Haven't gotten an II yet ... is this normal? Kinda stressing out...

What are your extracurriculars like? Any previous medical experience? Seems like WVSOM puts a pretty high emphasis on that. Your stats look fine though! I wouldn't stress :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody else find that Tom Petty's "The Waiting" has become their theme song? *twiddling thumbs*

I've been complete since 10/14 and I haven't heard of anything. I love this school tho :(

Should I call them?

I've been complete since 10/14 and I haven't heard of anything. I love this school tho :(

Should I call them?

I was complete in the beginning of October and hadn't heard from them. My status hadn't changed on the website either, so I e-mailed the school and was told that I would hear back soon. The email also said it was a busy time of year, and to be patient. This email was about a week or 2 ago. I would suggest maybe wait a little longer before contacting them unless you have a good update.

FYI, I am still waiting to hear either way from this school.

What are your extracurriculars like? Any previous medical experience? Seems like WVSOM puts a pretty high emphasis on that. Your stats look fine though! I wouldn't stress :)
I have good extracurriculars. Multiple research and good volunteer activities. And i've shadowed

too late to apply here? OOS 3.5 cgpa, 3.1sgpa, 27 mcat 2 years as an ER scribe, clinical research and medical spanish minor

Just submitted my application to this amazing school, which happens to be the only medical school I applied to! Fingers crossed!! :xf:

Reactions: 1 users
too late to apply here? OOS 3.5 cgpa, 3.1sgpa, 27 mcat 2 years as an ER scribe, clinical research and medical spanish minor

Nope, go for it. Do it now though, I wouldn't wait too long.

Been trying to call Annette since this morning... I guess I'll just keep trying :unsure:

Anyone complete in October getting any ii's? I think that seems to be when the majority of apps hit the schools. I was complete at the end of October and still no word.

Been trying to call Annette since this morning... I guess I'll just keep trying :unsure:
Annette may not be there any longer. She is moving away. Try Angie or just call the admissions office.

Annette may not be there any longer. She is moving away. Try Angie or just call the admissions office.

Thanks for letting me know :) Unfortunately, no one is answering in admissions. I tried calling the regular admissions number, Angie, Kim, and Patricia. They must be busy. I'll just try again on Monday.

Blah....deferred. Guess they're waiting for my new MCAT too.

Anyone complete in October getting any ii's? I think that seems to be when the majority of apps hit the schools. I was complete at the end of October and still no word.

I was complete 9/2 and still no word. I JUST successfully contacted someone from admissions who told me that my app is next in line to be reviewed. She also mentioned that they have over 4,200 apps already, so don't be surprised if you wait long.

Yup, be patient people. They only have a few people in admissions so it takes them a while. Last year, I applied early October and interviewed/was accepted late January, it's a lengthy process.

In the next few weeks they are coming up on the final date of those accepted to formally accept and make a down payment. At that point I imagine there will be a lot of movement and more II sent out.

In the next few weeks they are coming up on the final date of those accepted to formally accept and make a down payment. At that point I imagine there will be a lot of movement and more II sent out.

^ This.

They offer acceptances with the expectation that not everyone will matriculate. Once the first deadline has passed and they have a hard number of how many seats are actually filled, they'll work from there...

so whens the deadline to put down on the deposit ?

Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to those with their fingers crossed!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hoping for some news (hopefully an ii) before Thanksgiving break!:xf:;)

decision deferred pre interview... any suggestions on what to do from here?

Maybe they are waiting to see how many of those already accepted actually end up placing deposits. I was just placed on decision deferred pre-interview as well, but I have a pending MCAT score.

Maybe they are waiting to see how many of those already accepted actually end up placing deposits. I was just placed on decision deferred pre-interview as well, but I have a pending MCAT score.

Same here. After 1.5 months, my status finally changed to decision deferred, and I will be taking mcat 12/2014.

i just received an interview invite yesterday and i completed around November 13ish.

Same here. After 1.5 months, my status finally changed to decision deferred, and I will be taking mcat 12/2014.

From what Annette told me previously when I called, they almost always defer when there's a pending MCAT score.

From what Annette told me previously when I called, they almost always defer when there's a pending MCAT score.

Well after today it will not be pending any longer! Best be a better score too ;)

A week since the last posted admission decisions...let's hope for a few more today!

Deferred decision post-interview this afternoon...hmm womp. Anybody else have any insight outside of what they have posted on their website?

Congrats everyone! Well deserved!

You could try contacting admissions and see if they can give you any insight? Every time I have called them they have been nothing short of amazing answering questions and helping their prospective students.

Thanks Clinicall. I've emailed Angie and am waiting for a response. You're right, probably the most welcoming and genuine admissions staff I've come across. Congrats on your acceptance!

Reactions: 1 user