Western c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

battie

U. Illinois
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I decided to go for Western. Interested to see who all else decided to apply there too!

Members don't see this ad.

ill apply but probably pick davis over western if I get into both:)

I'm applying to Western. Just heard from my adviser that there are no additional essays this round. Pretty sure I read on the c/o 2019 thread that they were still required (and someone was nice enough to post the prompts!), but they aren't needed now.

Members don't see this ad :)
They received all of my stuff yesterday EXCEPT for my GRE scores! :bang:I've asked this on so many different threads but how long does it take for schools to receive GRE scores?

They received all of my stuff yesterday EXCEPT for my GRE scores! :bang:I've asked this on so many different threads but how long does it take for schools to receive GRE scores?

If the schools receive the scores electronically, they should receive the score the day ETS sends them out. If its by mail, ETS person told me it usually takes about 10 business days (give or take a few days depending where the school is located in the states). Try calling or emailing the admissions people if they got your GRE scores or not. My GRE score got lost for one of my schools and it took me a good 2 weeks before the school received it....

Yeah also GRE scores need to be received before Sept. 15th. I called yesterday and spoke to an admissions counselor at Western, because online on the Western supplemental portal it said that they hadn't received my GRE scores yet which I thought was impossible. It also says that they didn't receive my 3 eLOR either. So when I called yesterday she said that they had actually received my GRE scores, but didn't write it in the system yet. They said they wait to receive everything until they update all of that. So I would call today or Monday and ask if they've received them. Western is my #1 choice btw!

The only things I'm missing at this point are all VMCAS stuff. So that's going in on Monday after VMCAS receives my transcripts.

Now we wait for interview invites. Long. Arduous. Wait.

I know VMCAs sends out a primary app before they verify everything (still waiting on them). WSU already received my VMCA app but Western hasn't and now I'm getting worried.
I took my GRE in May and it took 2 months for Western to finally receive it

I know VMCAs sends out a primary app before they verify everything (still waiting on them). WSU already received my VMCA app but Western hasn't and now I'm getting worried.
I took my GRE in May and it took 2 months for Western to finally receive it

I would email them. My VMCAS has not been verified, but Western emailed me that they had it anyways, they just have to wait for it to be verified to update the submitted materials page. Also, it took them forever to enter my GRE scores, but they had them for the whole time. I submitted my GRE scores in June, they didn't update until Aug 29. But, when I emailed them, they said that they had them, just hadn't updated the page. So, don't be too worried, they are just slow at updating. All of the schools have been notified that you submitted VMCAS, just that it hasn't been verified. When did you submit?

(I also applied to WSU! Yay!)

I got an e-mail two days after I submitted (Sept 17) that they received my repeated coursework form through VMCAS. The portal still doesn't say they have received it, but since they e-mail me directly about receiving it, I think it should be pretty safe. They do say it will take about 10 days to get everything updated after receiving your full application (which I'm assuming is the totally verified application).

Thanks guys, I'm a little less worried now. I also emailed them just in case but my application just got verified today! Yay! I sent it in Sept 11, so it took about 2 1/2 weeks. Hope your apps get verified soon and good luck. :cat:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm getting anxious about hearing from them! They interview so much earlier than everyone else, so I'm super stoked to hear from them so soon.

I'm getting anxious about hearing from them! They interview so much earlier than everyone else, so I'm super stoked to hear from them so soon.
When do they start interviewing?

Good luck guys! Let me know if you have any WesternU-specific questions :)

Good luck guys! Let me know if you have any WesternU-specific questions :)

Have you heard any rumors through the grape vine in regards to actual interview dates?!

Have you heard any rumors through the grape vine in regards to actual interview dates?!
No :( I'm away from campus for rotations. I know last year someone mentioned them being even earlier than last year but there was some criticism about that so I'd expect them to be the same as last year.

Okee dokee. That sounds pretty reasonable to me, honestly. But thanks!

How was the interview structured? and any advice if we do get an interview invite???
It's a behavioural type interview so they don't have your academic information in front of them and it's all situational questions. I thought my interview was pretty casual, more of a conversation than an interview. Yes, WesternU gives out interview invite :) I'm not aware of anyone getting in without an interview.

Reactions: 1 user
When should we expect to get an email about the interview, meaning how much "notice" will they give us? I'm so anxious!! Also, I am very worried about my GRE score.... The rest of my application is stellar, how much does Western really care about the GRE?

Last edited:
When should we expect to get an email about the interview, meaning how much "notice" will they give us? I'm so anxious!! Also, I am very worried about my GRE score.... The rest of my application is stellar, how much does Western really care about the GRE?
Some people in my class got weeks of notice. I got a couple of days. It all just depends! When applying to vet school, I was always told a bad GRE is offset by a great GPA and vice versa. One thing shouldn't necessarily make or break your application if the rest of it is fine :)

Some people in my class got weeks of notice. I got a couple of days. It all just depends! When applying to vet school, I was always told a bad GRE is offset by a great GPA and vice versa. One thing shouldn't necessarily make or break your application if the rest of it is fine :)

Omg just a couple of days! That would make me so nervous! Good for you on getting the interview and getting in! I am very worried about my GRE because it is baaaad. Didn't have enough time grr! I have a high GPA and the rest of my application is really great, so I'm only worried about the GRE affecting me! I'm so nervous they'll care a lot about it although I've been told by many not to worry..

I got an interview invite today!!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Were you the one I saw on the APVMA Facebook page?! lol. When did you get your VMCAS verified.
Nope, not me! I've never been on there actually lol. I was verified 9/9 I believe

Congrats! Do you have potential dates of the interview? Just trying to get a feel for how far out the interviews are.
My potential dates are October 31 and November 2. So a few weeks to prepare!

Well, I would have to pick Nov 2 since I'm obligated to work Oct 31. Lol

I got invited for an interview also!!

Reactions: 2 users
Ahhhhh!! This is freaking me out.... I haven't gotten an interview invite yet... Up until when will they be sending interview invites?

Calm down. It isn't even November yet. This is still early in the application cycle.
Yeah, I didn't get an interview until the end of the application cycle, and here I am lol. Getting an interview late versus early doesn't mean anything for WesternU either, fyi.

Yeah, I didn't get an interview until the end of the application cycle, and here I am lol. Getting an interview late versus early doesn't mean anything for WesternU either, fyi.

When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

I got an interview invite today!!!!

Interview invites have already started? :eek: I just received notification from Western that my application is ready for review by the admissions committee.... Looks like I will be constantly checking my emails for the next couple of days/weeks! :nailbiting:

Good luck on your interview though!

Interview invites have already started? :eek: I just received notification from Western that my application is ready for review by the admissions committee.... Looks like I will be constantly checking my emails for the next couple of days/weeks! :nailbiting:

Good luck on your interview though!
Thanks so much! Just an FYI, I got my email about an interview exactly 2 weeks after I got that review email. And that's consistent with what was said in last year's threads. So expect something in 2 weeks! :)

When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?
I don't remember the exact date but I got the interview notification about 3-4 days before I interviewed and my interview date was the last one available.

Didn't apply here, but my friend who isn't on SDN got an interview invite at Western and she's OOS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
FYI- at Western there's really no IS or OOS status because it's a private school. No implied preference if you live in CA.

I think we're just mentioning OOS versus IS to see if there's a pattern to the invites being sent out.

I got an email on Sept. 23rd saying my application was ready for review..that was almost 3 weeks ago. I'm hoping to hear soon!

@Rwwilliams Do you remember how early in the application cycle you applied and were verified?

Not really =/ Probably applied mid-way-to-late through the cycle and was verified, interviewed, and accepted very late.

Then I'm going to assume I won't hear anything for two or three months. lol.