Western c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just wanted to say congrats to those getting invites!! I remember this time last year like it was yesterday. And don't sweat it if you haven't received an invite yet...last year I believe I got an invite mid-late November and didn't interview till Dec 2 or something like that. I am a first year at Western this year so definitely feel free to pm me with any questions. Good luck to everyone...you'll all rock your interviews :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone that has already received an interview invite! I'm still here waiting, compulsively checking my application status everyday.
How long after you submitted your applications did you receive the email notification that your application was ready for review by the committee? I haven't even received that yet! :(

They received my application on 9/15, it was ready for review on 9/24, and I was offered an interview on 10/8

Members don't see this ad :)
Still waiting to hear about an interview (just got notification that my app was ready for review on Friday) but I am still trying to prepare just in case!

When I spoke with an admissions counselor this summer he said the interview process was changing this year but he didn't know how so he couldn't tell me more than that. Anybody know anything about these changes? Is it still closed-file and behavioral type questions only?

Thanks and good luck!

Still waiting to hear about an interview (just got notification that my app was ready for review on Friday) but I am still trying to prepare just in case!

When I spoke with an admissions counselor this summer he said the interview process was changing this year but he didn't know how so he couldn't tell me more than that. Anybody know anything about these changes? Is it still closed-file and behavioral type questions only?

Thanks and good luck!
In my email they gave this link: http://prospective.westernu.edu/veterinary/interview-9/ Hope that helps :) Good luck to you too!

I'll be interviewing Oct. 31! Anyone else interviewing that day?? And how is everyone preparing for their interviews?!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got my interview invite this morning!!!!
My VMCAs were verified Sept. 28 and they verified it for review on Oct. 14th.

Oh, wow you got your interview invite really quickly after they reviewed your app! I'm still waiting.... :( But good luck with your interview!!
P.S. I love the Marnie + Donuts in your picture :p

Oh, wow you got your interview invite really quickly after they reviewed your app! I'm still waiting.... :( But good luck with your interview!!
P.S. I love the Marnie + Donuts in your picture :p

I know I wasn't expecting it so soon I was surprised when I got the email. Good luck to you too!
Thanks I'm slightly obsessed with Marine lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone going to the interview Nov. 7th or Nov. 9th??

Anyone going to the interview Nov. 7th or Nov. 9th??
I got an interview invite yesterday morning as well! My VMCAS were verified sometime mid-August and I was verified for review on September 21st.

My first choice for interview is Nov. 9th and then the 7th, so we might bump into each other!

Y'all are making me anxious!!!!

SFsteph: Congrats on getting granted any interview, you will rock it!

My application was ready for review October 15 so I am still waiting to hear back. Do you care to share your approximate averages, GRE scores, and experience? Just trying to gauge whether I am a competitive candidate or not. Thanks and Congrats again. Go get'em :)

SFsteph: Congrats on getting granted any interview, you will rock it!

My application was ready for review October 15 so I am still waiting to hear back. Do you care to share your approximate averages, GRE scores, and experience? Just trying to gauge whether I am a competitive candidate or not. Thanks and Congrats again. Go get'em :)
Yea no prob! Thanks hope you hear from them soon!
I'm not that competitive of an applicant myself kinda just average.
GPA: 3.5
Last 45: 3.7 ish
GRE: 153 V, 149 Q and 4.5 ( I winged it :( )
Vet experience:
Volunteer at a harbor seal rehabilitation center
2 1/2 years
Animal experience:
Volunteer at a humane society 1 1/2 years
Internship at a zoo, working with chimpanzees, baboons and other primates 288 hrs.
Research:
3 years working with neural stem cells and huntington's disease
Presented at NCUR 2015
other experience:
Tutor for middle and high school students 2.5 years
Waitress 1 year
Extra circular:
Biological honor society

Yea no prob! Thanks hope you hear from them soon!
I'm not that competitive of an applicant myself kinda just average.
GPA: 3.5
Last 45: 3.7 ish
GRE: 153 V, 149 Q and 4.5 ( I winged it :( )
Vet experience:
Volunteer at a harbor seal rehabilitation center
2 1/2 years
Animal experience:
Volunteer at a humane society 1 1/2 years
Internship at a zoo, working with chimpanzees, baboons and other primates 288 hrs.
Research:
3 years working with neural stem cells and huntington's disease
Presented at NCUR 2015
other experience:
Tutor for middle and high school students 2.5 years
Waitress 1 year
Extra circular:
Biological honor society
Is that the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito? I'm from Norcal too and am thinking about volunteering. Also, my interview is confirmed for November 9th!

First of all, congratulations to all who have received interviews!! Good luck! Second, were you emailed about the interviews or does something appear in the portal?

Go my interview date for Nov. 7 morning session
Is that the Marine Mammal Center in Sausalito? I'm from Norcal too and am thinking about volunteering. Also, my interview is confirmed for November 9th!
Yes! if you live near by I definitely recommend it! They teach you so much and you get to watch them wiggle their fat little butts back into the ocean.

First of all, congratulations to all who have received interviews!! Good luck! Second, were you emailed about the interviews or does something appear in the portal?
I received an email, check your spam folder just incase!

I've been stalking SDN for awhile now, and finally decided to create an account.

I have an interview with Western U on the 31st! How are you guys preparing for your interview (besides frequently hyperventilating)?

Totes just got an e-mail from them saying they have received my VMCAS app. Double checked my portal and they have received everything!! Stoked!!!! How long did it take people to get verified for review after Western received your VMCAS?

Totes just got an e-mail from them saying they have received my VMCAS app. Double checked my portal and they have received everything!! Stoked!!!! How long did it take people to get verified for review after Western received your VMCAS?

Yay :)

Sept 15- email about VMCAS being received
Sept 24- email that supplemental was ready for review
Oct 8- interview invitation

So you probably have 2-3 weeks?

SO STOKED!!!!! lol. I also e-mailed Ashley to ask if my application was in review, but oh well. Thanks for the quick reply!

Got my interview invitation today! :soexcited: VMCAS verified 9/25, received by Western 9/30, sent for review 10/9. My first choice for interview was 11/7, second choice 11/9. Hope to see some of you there!

After submitting first and second interview date choices, how soon did everyone get a confirmed date?

After submitting first and second interview date choices, how soon did everyone get a confirmed date?
The email said 4 business days but I sent in my choice on friday and had my confirmation by monday.

I selected my days on Friday evening and received an email Sunday night. @SFsteph That's awesome! Will definitely try to volunteer when my time frees up in the spring!

has anyone received interview invite 3+ weeks after receiving email about application ready for review?
It's been 3 weeks since mine was sent for review and I called and they said that they are still reviewing applications and that we should know within about 2 weeks whether or not we got an interview

And for everyone who is OS beware of LA traffic! I would leave 30-45 minutes earlier than you need to just incase.
I'm from LA and I was almost late to a campus tour because I underestimated traffic.

Woke up to an interview invite this morning! Good luck everybody!

VMCAS submitted 9/14
VMCAS verified 10/2
Supplemental 08/29
Western Received VMCAS 10/6
Interview Invite 10/24

1st Choice: Saturday 11/7
2nd Choice: Monday 11/9

Other 2 Choices were Sat 10/31 and Mon 11/2

Woke up to an interview invite this morning! Good luck everybody!

VMCAS submitted 9/14
VMCAS verified 10/2
Supplemental 08/29
Western Received VMCAS 10/6
Interview Invite 10/24

1st Choice: Saturday 11/7
2nd Choice: Monday 11/9

Other 2 Choices were Sat 10/31 and Mon 11/2
Yay! Congrats!

0:
I'm flying in from NY so it'll be a long weekend for me :/
were you lucky enough to get a place nearby?
My parent's house is like a 45 min (no traffic) drive away so just to be safe I might just leave my house at 6 a.m. :arghh: So ill probably be one of the first ones there lol. Maybe ill run into you. Are you staying for the financial aid presentation and stimulation class too?

0:

My parent's house is like a 45 min (no traffic) drive away so just to be safe I might just leave my house at 6 a.m. :arghh: So ill probably be one of the first ones there lol. Maybe ill run into you. Are you staying for the financial aid presentation and stimulation class too?
Make sure you leave extra early! People always underestimate the traffic -- that's why I chose to live so close to campus ;)

0:

Im staying near the ontario airport so it's about 12mi from campus. I'll probably wind up taking a taxi there

and yes! I'm staying for all of the presentations :)

Congrats on everyone who got interview invites!!! I'm a current first year and as someone who had to fly out from the Midwest for my interview, I know the costs that go into the application and interview process (not to mention the tuition itself, ugh). I would like to offer my couch to you guys as a possibility if you need somewhere to crash (ladies only, sorry gents). Please PM me if you are interested, my roomie and I live right next to campus and we would be happy to answer any questions you have and make sure that you have a good interview experience :)

Congrats on everyone who got interview invites!!! I'm a current first year and as someone who had to fly out from the Midwest for my interview, I know the costs that go into the application and interview process (not to mention the tuition itself, ugh). I would like to offer my couch to you guys as a possibility if you need somewhere to crash (ladies only, sorry gents). Please PM me if you are interested, my roomie and I live right next to campus and we would be happy to answer any questions you have and make sure that you have a good interview experience :)
^ Don't ignore this. I paid a buttload for a last minute hotel room when I interviewed. Also, I totally think you're my neighbour.