Western University - Pomona (COMP) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was. Hoping to get an II soon!!!

To answer your initial question I was put on hold in December before receiving my II a month later.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
We're at that lovely time of the cycle where MOST schools are filling the final seats of their classes AND where accepted students start withdrawing from their non-top choices. I am speaking mostly from AAMC 2015 timeline perspective, but I'm sure AACOMAS works on nearly the same timing.

Feb 14ish: Multiple Acceptance Report is compiled from all schools. After offering an acceptance, the school can see where else you have been accepted. They use this to estimate how big their waitlist needs to be.

Mar 15: Schools MUST issue enough acceptances to fill their class.

April 1: Schools can see where you have been accepted and where you withdrew, even before offering you an acceptance (Unconfirmed, but likely).

April 30: Students must withdraw from all schools they will not attend.

So............ every school is constructing their actuarial tables and doing their multi-variable calculus in order to build the best class they can. There is literally no point in going crazy until a few weeks after April 30. Zero acceptance folk should already be working on their 2017 application for June.

http://www.colorado.edu/advising/20...ic-rules-students-accepted-medical-schools-md

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed: 1/21

Accepted: via Mail and Phone call on 2/8/16

IS (local)
LizzyM ~65

Reactions: 3 users
Could the delay be because I live out of state? Either way gotta stay positive !

Members don't see this ad :)
Got one of those awesome pre interview holds a week ago. Yay. Was really hoping I could interview here. It was my number one for a while.

Last edited:
Checked my Ban Web like 10 minutes ago and the Decision portion has been changed to "Institution Acceptance"

Interviewed: 1/21 Green Group

See you guys there next year!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Checked my Ban Web like 10 minutes ago and the Decision portion has been changed to "Institution Acceptance"

See you guys there next year!
Congrats :) when did you interview?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I also see "Institution acceptance" on my Ban Web! Interviewed 1/28

Edited to add that I received a phone call earlier this afternoon and was in the yellow group. I'm so excited to see everyone in the fall :)

Last edited:
How does paying the first semester's tuition work? I know that a $2,000 deposit is due soon (depending on when I got accepted), but aside from that, when is the remaining $51k due ? Is it due soon or not for another few months?

Can anyone who as been wait listed or rejected let us know if your Ban Web status changed and if it did, what it says? Thanks!

interviewed 1/21 and still blank. I guess that's it for me. I really liked the school though. Congratz to the accepted!

I got placed on the alternate list...

Anyone from blue group hear back from 1/28 interview?

What time does the interview day end?

Around 2 PM. Mine went on til around 2:30

Whew! Haha thanks. Booked my leaving flight for 5pm that day and just now read on the school's website to be prepared to be there the whole day. Crisis averted!

Whew! Haha thanks. Booked my leaving flight for 5pm that day and just now read on the school's website to be prepared to be there the whole day. Crisis averted!
Np. Yeah I was watching the time closely too. I had to head to my job right after

I interviewed Feb 11 and I know they answered a question saying that we can email them the copy of the deposit deadline letter from an acceptance from another school and it would be the only way to possibly hear back sooner. My deadline for AZCOM is March 1st. How long should I wait before emailing Western?

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile app

I interviewed Feb 11 and I know they answered a question saying that we can email them the copy of the deposit deadline letter from an acceptance from another school and it would be the only way to possibly hear back sooner. My deadline for AZCOM is March 1st. How long should I wait before emailing Western?

I would tell them this coming week. Their admissions committee meets every 2 weeks.

Hi. I got into another school as well. I emailed my admissions counselor a copy of my letter and they sped up the process for me. I would say send it now. The quicker the better probably. I wasn't stuck with having to pay 2 grand for the other school this week =). PM me if you have any questions.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi. I got into another school as well. I emailed my admissions counselor a copy of my letter and they sped up the process for me. I would say send it now. The quicker the better probably. I wasn't stuck with having to pay 2 grand for the other school this week =). PM me if you have any questions.

I'm actually just wondering is the designated admissions counselor the one that leads your group on interview day or the one that you receive status update emails from? I sent it to the counselor that led my group, but I'm not sure if it matters.

I'm actually just wondering is the designated admissions counselor the one that leads your group on interview day or the one that you receive status update emails from? I sent it to the counselor that led my group, but I'm not sure if it matters.
I sent it to my designated counselor. I'm sure the other counselor will forward it to where it needs to be. Just check in with her to confirm.

Interviewing in a week. Can someone please pm me their thoughts on how the interview day went and what to expect? I'm fresh off a post-interview rejection at another school and really feel like I need to nail my future interviews.

Can anyone comment on the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel? Trying to choose where to stay and would prefer a step up from a motel.

Interviewing in a week. Can someone please pm me their thoughts on how the interview day went and what to expect? I'm fresh off a post-interview rejection at another school and really feel like I need to nail my future interviews.

Relax, be yourself, be genuine and be kind to others.

Can anyone comment on the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel? Trying to choose where to stay and would prefer a step up from a motel.

I would google or yelp... do a bit of research (I prefer tripadvisor hotel ratings).

Has anyone heard back today from 1/28 and beyond interviews? Either call / banweb status?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back from 1/28 and beyond interviews? Either call / banweb status?
I got interviewed on 1/28 and received an email for an alternate status last week.

Has anyone heard back from 1/28 and beyond interviews? Either call / banweb status?

Edit: Just wondering if ANYONE has received feedback from their interviews... I've heard crickets ever since my interview (it's been 3 weeks.....)

I called them today and they said they might be behind, but not sure if theyre just softening the rejection blow....

So a sorry to hear that. What do you think went awry?
I think it was the panel interview because I felt fine after the MMI portion. The panel interview was flat, nobody seemed interested in what I had to say, and perhaps I was too honest about my weakness.. Basically i felt that it was not a great interview before it was even over. Live and learn ;)
I got into another school that is a much better fit for me, so what is meant to be is meant to be :)
Goodluck everybody!!

I think it was the panel interview because I felt fine after the MMI portion. The panel interview was flat, nobody seemed interested in what I had to say, and perhaps I was too honest about my weakness.. Basically i felt that it was not a great interview before it was even over. Live and learn ;)
I got into another school that is a much better fit for me, so what is meant to be is meant to be :)
Goodluck everybody!!
Ohhh congrats! Mind me asking where you got in?

My Banweb changed to Institutional Acceptance!!!! No phonecall yet, AAAaahHHHh!!! Is this rrealll!?

Reactions: 2 users