2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Lebanon, Oregon)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been almost 4 weeks waiting for a post-interview decision! Interviewed 9/24

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
I just got the call today (around 11:30 am PT)! I interviewed 9/24 as well, and I remember them telling us they’d get back to us in about 3 weeks. Took longer than they had said, but I’m manifesting A’s for both of you (and everyone else)!
does anyone know the time from interview to status update? I'm awaiting on my post II decision 😰

Been almost 4 weeks waiting for a post-interview decision! Interviewed 9/24

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a secondary, submitted late July primary. IS, is it worth to complete? 49X MCAT.

anyone else receive the email that their application was still under consideration today? Got it for both campuses.

anyone else receive the email that their application was still under consideration today? Got it for both campuses.
I got the same email. Does anyone have any insights on this? Are they just reassuring us that we're still in the running?

I got the same email. Does anyone have any insights on this? Are they just reassuring us that we're still in the running?
Pretty much. n=1 but I received this email from both campuses and got interviews shortly after (1-2 weeks) for both!

Traditional, heavy clinical volunteering (600+ hours), ORM, 3.6

Tough split, I suppose it would come down to whether you really want to go to the location or not and give it a chance. It's a school that values traditional student path but is also very very very non-traditional friendly. Best of outcomes for you.

Last edited:
Just got an email with the subject line "You're Invited!"

Only for it to be a virtual event ._.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email with the subject line "You're Invited!"

Only for it to be a virtual event ._.
James Franco “First Time?” | Know Your Meme

Reactions: 6 users
Was told that we would hear back 11/4 but haven't heard anything yet
Edit: Heard back and got placed as an alternate. Does anyone know the odds of an alternate getting an acceptance?

Last edited:
I interviewed 10/11 and just received the update that I am an alternate. Fingers crossed! I really love this school.

Edit: Heard back and got placed as an alternate. Does anyone know the odds of an alternate getting an acceptance?
Me too, and I was told during my interview that there were 300 alternates last cycle and they were all offered a spot in the end, so I'd say pretty great chances if you're willing to wait. I emailed admissions asking if they could share with me why the decision was made so that moving forward I have more of an idea what to focus on improving.

It has been a few years since I graduated from this school, so my data may be off. There were probably about 10-15 people in my class that stated they had been alternates, and certainly there could have been more that didn't volunteer that information. It just depends on where on how high up list you are in the alternate pool. Best of luck.

II now. Complete 8/2

Reactions: 5 users
II on 11/9!! OOS, nontrad, URM - complete late August. I am so excited!!!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
I'm an OMS1 here if anybody has any questions. FWIW, I applied pretty late in the cycle (around November) interviewed in Feb, was WL'd and accepted sometime in May. Consider sending them an LOI if you haven't and are pretty interested in this school particularly. Also happy to answer Qs about the town.

If I recall, they told 11/5 interviewees we should hear back today. Any word?

If I recall, they told 11/5 interviewees we should hear back today. Any word?
wondering the same thing. I thought they gave us 11/18 as an exact decision date, but I guess they could be running behind. I haven’t had any phone calls or emails yet, but I didn‘t check my portal.

wondering the same thing. I thought they gave us 11/18 as an exact decision date, but I guess they could be running behind. I haven’t had any phone calls or emails yet, but I didn‘t check my portal.
nvm, just got the acceptance call a few minutes ago!

• Care
Does anyone know where most students live when they attend school here? In the interview we were told that a lot of student commute- do they typically come from Albany or Eugene areas? Also, how many days are require on campus each week?

Does anyone know where most students live when they attend school here? In the interview we were told that a lot of student commute- do they typically come from Albany or Eugene areas? Also, how many days are require on campus each week?
I imagine mostly from Albany/Corvallis, which is ~20 minutes. But commute tolerance is totally up to you. Eugene/Salem is going to be 45min.

II a couple days ago! it was in my promotions folder so I didn't see it

II just now. LM 66, non-traditional. Complete 9/27. Anyone who has interviewed already and can shed some light on the overall vibe/experience would be appreciated!

II today as well, complete 9/19. Re: above on shedding some light with interviews!

II just now. LM 66, non-traditional. Complete 9/27. Anyone who has interviewed already and can shed some light on the overall vibe/experience would be appreciated!
My interview was in oct, and overall everyone was super friendly! I had a panel of 2 people who went back and forth asking questions. It was very conversational and none of the questions were too hard. The MMI wasn’t hard either (but I really enjoy the MMI style as it allows for more creativity, so take that as you will). I was really impressed with how excited and involved the students were. Everyone seemed really passionate about the community. Overall great vibes!

My interview was in oct, and overall everyone was super friendly! I had a panel of 2 people who went back and forth asking questions. It was very conversational and none of the questions were too hard. The MMI wasn’t hard either (but I really enjoy the MMI style as it allows for more creativity, so take that as you will). I was really impressed with how excited and involved the students were. Everyone seemed really passionate about the community. Overall great vibes!
Thank you!!

Got an email today saying that I haven’t scheduled my interview yet. I never got the initial email to register for one so maybe check your portal.

Got an email today providing info regarding DO/MPH and contact them if I have interest… but I don’t even have an II yet lol

Reactions: 4 users
Bumping this ^^^
Hi! I'm a current student who helps with interviews. The MMI people don't know anything about you. However, the panel interviewers get your primary application with scores, GPA, list of activities, and personal statement.

II received this evening after hearing back this morning I'd been waitlisted at my last interview. Was getting ready to cry myself to sleep. This will be my first experience with MMI any tips?

II received this evening after hearing back this morning I'd been waitlisted at my last interview. Was getting ready to cry myself to sleep. This will be my first experience with MMI any tips?
When were you complete?

If you have Kindle Unlimited, this book here is free. If you don't and buying a book is off the table, look for options in your local library both in-house and in their online catalogs.

Barring that (and buckle up, because it's about to get real), look for your library's out-of-system ILL request form online or go into the library and ask if there is a way you can request a book from outside the system - the easiest way to do this might be talking to the reference librarian. Have an idea of a few titles you want to request, and be sure to indicate on the form you're not able to pay for the request. (Some loaning libraries will charge a fee, usually a few bucks-$15, but often the home library has a budget for this and will cover it.) If you want to go really hard and raise your likelihood of success, look up on WorldCat and see what libraries have the book you're looking for so you have an idea if it is likely to be requestable at all. (The librarians may use this or a similar tool to help request your book, though their version works a little differently.) This will take a few weeks up to roughly 6 weeks depending on any number of things.

Back several months ago I used several ebooks off of Amazon to prep (most of which I paid for), and had a non-medical friend help me by giving me prompts and timing me so I had an idea of what my rambles looked like on the clock (which he hid until I completed my answers and then told me the duration). For MMI he had less experience with how the process went since that isn't something he experiences in his field, but he could at least give me feedback/commentary from the book on the prompts as we worked through. I don't remember what Western was like (it had MMI?) except at the end I went and basically ate my entire kitchen, but my general experience with MMIs was I was basically playing a character for a set amount of time. I think CASPer question answering structure is potentially helpful - that link has a breakdown to a nice structure which helps in ambiguous situations in general: basically, am I erroneously assuming I know what this person is thinking/do I have all the info?

I know this is a lot, and none of it may ultimately be helpful to you. I'd recommend rather than trying to memorize anything that you reflect on your values and how to empathetically approach difficult situations - we'll probably be doing it a lot in the future.

All that said: not gonna lie, D&D games in undergrad are probably what made me most comfortable with MMI.

Anyone else get a board of trustee’s scholarship email today?

If memory serves me correctly, I thought those who interviewed on 1/7 were suppose to hear back by February. Maybe they’re running late?

Anyone else get a board of trustee’s scholarship email today?

If memory serves me correctly, I thought those who interviewed on 1/7 were suppose to hear back by February. Maybe they’re running late?

Per the other campus’s thread, the email doesn’t mean anything unfortunately. Fingers crossed we hear back soon!