2022-2023 Western University of Health Sciences (Pomona, California)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the schedule of interview day like? Like break down if the day and session? Do we jump right into interviewing?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone from the early April interview days heard back? I remember they mentioned the committee meets on certain dates but don't remember when it was. I checked my application status page but don't see anything there....where am I supposed to be looking, under "Recent Activities"?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else here apply for the Trustee Scholarship? I was wondering if one person from each class gets it or if it's one person from each college.
I applied but apparently they couldn't consider my application until I was an accepted student. They said they couldn't access my FAFSA records until I had a student ID, didn't anyone else get this??

I'm really not sure how it is chosen....I thought it was 5 students per year regardless of college.... but I don't to tell you anything based on my very limited knowledge of the process...

I applied but apparently they couldn't consider my application until I was an accepted student. They said they couldn't access my FAFSA records until I had a student ID, didn't anyone else get this??

I'm really not sure how it is chosen....I thought it was 5 students per year regardless of college.... but I don't to tell you anything based on my very limited knowledge of the process...
That's so strange, considering the application portal said something about non-admitted students being eligible to apply.

I have applied for Trustee scholarship. Have not heard back anything yet though. I am really hoping to receive it.
I think they said something about results in mid-May, but not holding my breath since I had to wait so long for a post-interview decision from here LOL (although I know the two committees are different)

It sounds like it's too late to apply regardless, but was this scholarship something they publicized, or did they send it to people individually?

It sounds like it's too late to apply regardless, but was this scholarship something they publicized, or did they send it to people individually?
It was publicized; they sent out emails and it was also posted to the application status page. I assume it got sent to all applicants but it is possible it was only sent to certain students, given that the scholarship is intended for students from low SES backgrounds.

It was publicized; they sent out emails and it was also posted to the application status page. I assume it got sent to all applicants but it is possible it was only sent to certain students, given that the scholarship is intended for students from low SES backgrounds.
I'm not seeing any emails or anything on my portal, so who knows. Could be they only sent it out to some applicants like you said, or could be my late ass secondary request, or maybe I wasn't neurotic enough in checking my portals loll. Anyways, good luck to all of you who submitted an application. Back to the land of the alternates I go.

So... along with the waitlisted status, I accepted the alternate status on the portal. Does anyone know if that overrides waitlist status? Or is it just that I'm now on the WL *and* an alternate? I'm very confused by the set-up of having to accept or decline alternate status while having a "you are waitlisted" letter in their portal.

So... along with the waitlisted status, I accepted the alternate status on the portal. Does anyone know if that overrides waitlist status? Or is it just that I'm now on the WL *and* an alternate? I'm very confused by the set-up of having to accept or decline alternate status while having a "you are waitlisted" letter in their portal.
It looks like you will be asked to accept the alternate status regardless of you being waitlisted or placed on the alternate list. The wording of the letter makes it more specific if it’s a waitlist or alternate list. I received the same status update. I got waitlisted but had to accept the alternate status to be able to stay on the waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
It looks like you will be asked to accept the alternate status regardless of you being waitlisted or placed on the alternate list. The wording of the letter makes it more specific if it’s a waitlist or alternate list. I received the same status update. I got waitlisted but had to accept the alternate status to be able to stay on the waitlist.
Okay, exact same here. Trusting the letter then. Thank you!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 4/4 and just got a status update saying the class is full and I've been placed on the waitlist for the Lebanon campus but the letter was uploaded to my Pomona portal page... guessing I should just assume I've been waitlisted for Pomona since I didn't even interview at Lebanon. Pretty disappointed as this is my top choice school, does anyone know what the chances are of coming off the waitlist later? It says the class is currently full :/

Interviewed 4/4 and just got a status update saying the class is full and I've been placed on the waitlist for the Lebanon campus but the letter was uploaded to my Pomona portal page... guessing I should just assume I've been waitlisted for Pomona since I didn't even interview at Lebanon. Pretty disappointed as this is my top choice school, does anyone know what the chances are of coming off the waitlist later? It says the class is currently full :/
Interviewed the same date, and got the same Lebanon waitlist letter :/ Currently sending an email to hopefully clarify some things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know most of the movement happens between now and May 15th? Is that right?

I'm in the same boat. Interviewed 4/4 for Pomona campus but got placed on waitlist for Lebanon campus. I just sent an email to Christopher Vu for some clarification.

Did you reply to the offer yet, and do you know if there is a deadline or time constraint to submit the reply?

I'm in the same boat. Interviewed 4/4 for Pomona campus but got placed on waitlist for Lebanon campus. I just sent an email to Christopher Vu for some clarification.
Can you let us know what you hear back? I had sent an email also and am still waiting for a reply. I will do likewise with anything I hear.

Can you let us know what you hear back? I had sent an email also and am still waiting for a reply. I will do likewise with anything I hear.
Sure! I'll be sure to add to this thread with whatever they decide to reply. Also, did you accept the waitlist/alternate status offer or are you waiting for an e-mail first? I'm nervous that accepting the offer now commits me to the Lebanon campus's waitlist, but I'm also nervous that responding later will result in me missing the deadline or something.

Did you reply to the offer yet, and do you know if there is a deadline or time constraint to submit the reply?
I confirmed my spot on the alternate list, figured it couldn’t hurt. Not sure if there’s a deadline or time constraint, but I think on the letter it said if there’s no response it will be assumed you are still waitlisted. I would email/call to make sure though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know most of the movement happens between now and May 15th? Is that right?
Yes, my friends who go to Western said there is massive waitlist movement after April 30th because that is when people have to commit to one MD school, so starting May we should expect to hopefully get off the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Sure! I'll be sure to add to this thread with whatever they decide to reply. Also, did you accept the waitlist/alternate status offer or are you waiting for an e-mail first? I'm nervous that accepting the offer now commits me to the Lebanon campus's waitlist, but I'm also nervous that responding later will result in me missing the deadline or something.
did you interview at both campuses?

Just withdrew my A! Good luck everyone

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
To everyone who interviewed with COMP (Pomona) but received a waitlist/alternate offer for COMP-Northwest instead, check your application status update. They just sent me an updated and correct letter indicating that I am waitlisted for the Pomona campus.

I had the exact thing happen to me. I did call an admissions counselor from Lebanon to ask they said that the letter was a mistake (and that it happened with other) but I'm definitely only being considered for Pomona. I just accepted the alternate status anyway and then the next day the letter changed to Pomona.

What is the commit to enroll date after which we cannot go to another school? is it when we pay our first tuition deposit? Wondering because on of the schools I am WL at is known to have WL movement going into August.

Has anyone sent an update letter? Who did you address it to and did the person/people reply to confirm they received your email? Thanks!

Has anyone sent an update letter? Who did you address it to and did the person/people reply to confirm they received your email? Thanks!
Hi, I uploaded mine to my application portal under the supplementary materials!

Just got waitlisted. Kinda confused what the difference between the WL and the alternate list.

Just declined my AL status, hopefully someone else will hear good news soon

Does anyone know if this school's preclinical curriculum is P/F? I'm looking at their student catalog from 2 years ago and I think their grading system is hon/hpass/pass, but I could've sworn that I read somewhere or heard from a student that it's P/F. If their system's hon/hpass/pass, do you think that'll cause more competition amongst students if the school ranks them based on their grades?

Okay I'm confused...the portal says I'm on the AL, but the status letter says I'm on the WL? Is there really a difference?
I think you go by what the actual letter says.

Okay I'm confused...the portal says I'm on the AL, but the status letter says I'm on the WL? Is there really a difference?
where do you check the status letter? is it just the "status update" on the portal?

Per the interview day handbook I have (from the NW campus)

Waitlist Status
- Only used if the class if full and the committee recommends to accept
- Waitlist status is for this year only
- Waitlist candidates are the first to be offered a seat if one becomes available
- Waitlist is relatively short each year

Alternate Status
- Alternate status is for this year only
- Alternates are not ranked
- Alternate files will be periodically reviewed for consideration of an offer of acceptance.

Reactions: 3 users
Any waitlist movement for anyone?

Not yet for me. Last year there wasn’t any reported movement from WU-COMP until 5/5 which was a Thursday. It may be worth noting during both my Pomona and Lebanon interviews, they said admissions meets every Thursday to go over applicants. Don’t know if that applies to Waitlist too.

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my acceptance here. I loved the interview at WesternU and I'm sad I won't be attending this school! Hope it goes to one of you waiting patiently!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my acceptance as well. I'll be attending school in the IE and I'm hopeful we will cross paths in our medical training! One of y'all come take my spot now!!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I just got the "app still under consideration" email from the Pomona campus, no II yet. Although I am on the AL for Lebanon. Any chance to still get an interview for Pomona at this point?? 😂😂

I just got the "app still under consideration" email from the Pomona campus, no II yet. Although I am on the AL for Lebanon. Any chance to still get an interview for Pomona at this point?? 😂😂

its possible! per last year they will email when officially done with interviews

• Love