WWe Ain't Afraid of No Ghosts - Signups + GAME thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
may he ever have TP for his bunghole
@touchpause13 You are needed
(I really really hope she actually sees this tag)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not really sold on the Cornhole vote. I mean, ok, we 'test' what happens when a killed-but-not-dead player gets lynched. Meanwhile, we pass up the chance to catch a wolf. I get that Cornhole was lame and signed up and hasn't so much as said 'Boo', but .....

Zensing made a comment that I didn't really understand and couldn't tell if I just misinterpreted, or Zensing slipped up. @Zensing clarify please?

I reworded the item to scan game-wide for the number of harmful players (planning chaos + village), but to potentially short out after use.

Why would you view "chaos + village" as harmful players unless you are a wolf?

In the meantime, I could still vote for STL.

I think it would be helpful to have a roster that noted who is "originally alive", who is "dead but still playing", and who is "dead in the classical sense". I'm forgetting which players have been killed but aren't, uh, dead.

I get lynching cornhole so we don't lose a valuable villager, but I would also like to discuss wolf options too. Other than minor feels on LotF I don't currently have any wolfy feels on anyone else.

Why LoTF?

I get lynching Corn as a test, but if we're just lynching to "avoid losing a valuable villager" that's stupid - villagers can't win the game by simply opting to lynch vanillagers.

Why LoTF?

I get lynching Corn as a test, but if we're just lynching to "avoid losing a valuable villager" that's stupid - villagers can't win the game by simply opting to lynch vanillagers.
LotF has been quiet, and I've seen her play that card as a wolf (though it may have been legit then and now). Also I could see her killing cyndia n1 because she didn't know who she was and didn't realize it was her first game back in a while (I don't see her doing that knowingly in a malicious way).

I'm curious to see what happens if the dead are lynched. For that reason lynch corn. It feels like a cheap vote though.

lynch FS

mainly for jumping on the corn lynch. Easy bandwagon for a wolf.. low risk. keeps us off the track of likely wolves.

LOTF is another who jumped on easily.

I don't get the Zen vote.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why lynch Zen? She was the item maker, so unless it's in the sense of a possible conversion...

Why lynch Zen? She was the item maker, so unless it's in the sense of a possible conversion...
I think people must be forgetting she died. Though with a no kill/attack (?) night it's possible we've had a conversion already.

@LetItSnow - That's what I get for posting quickly. The modified PKE meter counts chaos + wolves.

Because, yes, an item that counts chaos + villagers counted only one signal ;)

I have no idea whether or not you can lynch me - that wasn't included in my ghost PM.

I got an item from Zen yesterday (I guess the last one she made/sent before her death) - the Aura-video analyzer, which reveals "the true role name" of its target. According to Zen it was made/worded specifically to see possessions as well (a possessed player would seer as the one possessing them), and had a fail chance. I used it on Dy successfully.

LotF has been quiet, and I've seen her play that card as a wolf (though it may have been legit then and now). Also I could see her killing cyndia n1 because she didn't know who she was and didn't realize it was her first game back in a while (I don't see her doing that knowingly in a malicious way).

I really, really think the Cyndia thing is overblown.

I mean, maybe I'm putting myself in the crosshairs, but I guess I wasn't overly aware that Cyndia hadn't played in a while and stuff. People kinda pop in/out, time gets way away from us all at times when we're busy .... I could have easily supported killing her without thinking much about it as a wolf.

@LetItSnow - That's what I get for posting quickly. The modified PKE meter counts chaos + wolves.

Because, yes, an item that counts chaos + villagers counted only one signal ;)

I have no idea whether or not you can lynch me - that wasn't included in my ghost PM.

Hm. Ok, so maybe you slipped because you slipped and maybe you slipped for some other reason?

Meh. It just doesn't feel like it was a wolf/villager screw-up type of thing to me. It caught my eye, but ... not really feeling it. Thx for the explanation.

some inconsistencies in what she's saying.

Like?

I dunno. I can easily get on the FS or LoTF votes, pretty much in line with SOV's thinking. I'm leaning towards LoTF because someone else was suspicious plus SOV's comment - seems slightly better than FS. But either way it's a pretty weak vote.

I may change it, but so I at least get a vote in today: lynch LoTF

Oh. And I'm still feeling an STL vote - I just don't think I can get any traction on it. But after all that kerfluffle he's kinda gone quiet. It smacks of "gonna lay low".

I knew about Cyndia. I was even in on the whole conversation about significant others getting in the way of game play. I was a co mod last game and liked her posts on that thread and when she (a bit before, I think) posted in the future game thread. I'm kinda all over the trail of encouraging her to play. It would be very suck of me to have wanted her dead as a first wolf kill.

That being said, with most of the dead coming back, I am wondering if the wolves knew what a death would do (turn people to ghosts) and knew that it wouldn't suck quite as bad as removing someone from the game. If anything, it seems to have had a bit of a protective effect since we haven't tried to lynch any of the walking dead. (Part of my reasoning for the cornholio vote)

If we cannot lynch them... but votes count, whose side are they on? Are they now neutral and don't count toward village numbers? Real non-entities? I do want to figure this out, and I would rather take out someone who is not playing to do so than someone who may still have useful input if they are village leaning neutral distractions.

If they are converts or unable to be lynched, we still learn something. This feels to me like our best bet short of lynching an unknown for gaining meaningful information.

I knew about Cyndia. I was even in on the whole conversation about significant others getting in the way of game play. I was a co mod last game and liked her posts on that thread and when she (a bit before, I think) posted in the future game thread. I'm kinda all over the trail of encouraging her to play. It would be very suck of me to have wanted her dead as a first wolf kill.

That being said, with most of the dead coming back, I am wondering if the wolves knew what a death would do (turn people to ghosts) and knew that it wouldn't suck quite as bad as removing someone from the game. If anything, it seems to have had a bit of a protective effect since we haven't tried to lynch any of the walking dead. (Part of my reasoning for the cornholio vote)

If we cannot lynch them... but votes count, whose side are they on? Are they now neutral and don't count toward village numbers? Real non-entities? I do want to figure this out, and I would rather take out someone who is not playing to do so than someone who may still have useful input if they are village leaning neutral distractions.

If they are converts or unable to be lynched, we still learn something. This feels to me like our best bet short of lynching an unknown for gaining meaningful information.
Oi. That's long.
Short version: Yes, knew about Cyndia. Kinda excited she was getting to play. Not happy that some turd killed her.

Willing to believe there is more to it.

Reasons for cornholio lynch are to get info when I see no other firm direction to head.

For now I kind of accept lotf's explanation. If she was a lone wolf I doubt she would have killed cyndia n1 (and I doubt the wolf knew the person wouldn't really die). Zen has often been a wolf and is a great convert choice so I guess I can get on that theory for now.

Lynch zen

PS - drank too much wine with my dad and likely to won't be back on

Lynch SOV

I kind of get the whole "people who bandwagon must be wolves" sentiment, but at the same time I don't. I understand that wolves tend to join bandwagons, but what if people are just curious about what happens if they lynch a ghost?

For now I kind of accept lotf's explanation. If she was a lone wolf I doubt she would have killed cyndia n1 (and I doubt the wolf knew the person wouldn't really die). Zen has often been a wolf and is a great convert choice so I guess I can get on that theory for now.

Lynch zen

PS - drank too much wine with my dad and likely to won't be back on

I assumed the opposite - that the wolves were told what would happen in order to clarify for them what their win condition would be.

I dunno. This post kinda set off alarms. I didn't like the comment about what she "doubts" the wolves were told, and I didn't like the reason for voting Zen. Kinda tempted to switch my vote to Jilary.

lynch zen

I'm willing to trust Dy's gut on this one. And if we're able to lynch zen, that also lets us test the killing a ghost theory.

Has cornholio said anything at all? I know they were RMs friend, but I wouldn't rule out another mod killing for extreme inactivity.

I assumed the opposite - that the wolves were told what would happen in order to clarify for them what their win condition would be.

I dunno. This post kinda set off alarms. I didn't like the comment about what she "doubts" the wolves were told, and I didn't like the reason for voting Zen. Kinda tempted to switch my vote to Jilary.
I'm not liking that post either (or the hop on zen, but that's not just from her), so I'm going for it.

lynch Jil

I really, really think the Cyndia thing is overblown.

I mean, maybe I'm putting myself in the crosshairs, but I guess I wasn't overly aware that Cyndia hadn't played in a while and stuff. People kinda pop in/out, time gets way away from us all at times when we're busy .... I could have easily supported killing her without thinking much about it as a wolf.

Hm. Ok, so maybe you slipped because you slipped and maybe you slipped for some other reason?

Meh. It just doesn't feel like it was a wolf/villager screw-up type of thing to me. It caught my eye, but ... not really feeling it. Thx for the explanation.

Like?

I dunno. I can easily get on the FS or LoTF votes, pretty much in line with SOV's thinking. I'm leaning towards LoTF because someone else was suspicious plus SOV's comment - seems slightly better than FS. But either way it's a pretty weak vote.

I may change it, but so I at least get a vote in today: lynch LoTF
I dont have a moment to pull out the posts. Just a couple things stuck out at me as I was reading through things.

Day 4 lynch tally:
Allyphoe (1) -STL
Cornhole (6) - ally, html, FS, LoTF, PBC, FFM
Zensing (4) - Dyachei, MJ, Jilary, Teep
Frozenshades (1) - SoV
LadyOtheFarm (1) - LIS
Animal Midwife (1) - Genny
SOV (1) - Saki
Jilary (1) - Deva

16/22 Voting
Deadline 10p EST @Cyndia @katashark @TheGreatCornholio @Animal Midwife @DVMDream @Zensing

I agree with this about Jilary's post.

Deciding if I want to put my vote there or on one of the others I have feels on.

Kinda agree about, but I don't like voting for someone when they've just announced they won't be back for the rest of the night. Thats what happened with kata and we lost our affiliation seer.

But anyways, going to reread to figure out where my feels are, I'm not sure who I want to vote for most right now. I also agree that the stuff about me is getting a little ridiculous now, it was good for first day 'no idea who to lynch' logic, but not a day 4 lynch.

I guess I must have been reading Jil's posts entirely differently than most of you. I have not felt anything wolfy from her thus far. I'll need to go back and re-read her stuff after I finish some neuro stuff, and before this debate gets going

Nah, I don't see the lynch Jilary logic. Kind of what I might have written as well about LOTF. She was just disagreeing with someone else's thought that wolves would know what happens this game when they kill (about ghosts). I don't see Kaydubs being that generous as a mod (maybe as a person, but never as a mod)....

:shrug:

Maybe because I just read it, it made sense to me.

I'm kind of intrigued to see what would happen to Zen (purely for selfish reasons since I'm also already dead), but I also think it's kind of a waste of a vote since he wasn't a wolf when he was alive. My gut is leaning me towards STL right now, he is definitely being too quiet, so going to ****lynch STL****. Would be okay with a Jilary lynch too though.

UNOFFICAL Day 4 lynch tally:
Allyphoe (1) -STL
Cornhole (6) - ally, html, FS, LoTF, PBC, FFM
Zensing (5) - Dyachei, MJ, Jilary, Teep, AM
Frozenshades (1) - SoV
LadyOtheFarm (1) - LIS
Animal Midwife (1) - Genny
SOV (1) - Saki
Jilary (1) - Deva
STL (1) - Cyndia

18/22 Voting
Deadline 10p EST @katashark @TheGreatCornholio @DVMDream @Zensing

As much as I want to know whether or not a ghost can die, I'm not liking the Cornholio lynch. S/he died a villager, and would be an extremely poor convert choice.

@dyachei, what inconsistencies in play? I think I've been a little more open now that I don't have a role or affiliation to hide, but has there been anything else?

lynch html. Sorry, guys, no real feels today - my top choice was close to cleared via PM.

Nah, I don't see the lynch Jilary logic. Kind of what I might have written as well about LOTF. She was just disagreeing with someone else's thought that wolves would know what happens this game when they kill (about ghosts). I don't see Kaydubs being that generous as a mod (maybe as a person, but never as a mod)....

:shrug:

Maybe because I just read it, it made sense to me.
I only said that if the wolves knew what would happen, they might not have the qualms about killing Cyndia that were being used to blame noobs. (And me)

Basically, that it might be a moot point.

I don't know what the wolves were told. I do suspect that whatever the ghosts are may be important to figuring out the logic of this game. I want to know whether to worry about them or not. We cannot remove ghosts as fast as they are made... but knowing what they are, and what they mean to us likely does matter.

I haven't been on Zen, despite understanding the suspicion, because s/he contributes, so if lynching a ghost removes them completely, at least we remove a non participant. (Good lord, I knew gender last game)

But, the mod kill point is valid...

Aren't we in Day 2 or am I in the twilight zone here?