Xavier University College of Pharmacy C/O 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
We have a lot of people who have done their undergrad at Xavier. But we also have a good number of people who are from out of state too! Don't let that throw you off! I think with Xavier they take their students because they know they will accept their invite in return. So definitely don't be afraid to let them know you like them and let them know you want to be at their school. Flat out tell them if you get accepted your coming. It may seem forceful but makes you look confident in a decision.

Jess,
If they ask why to choose Xavier?
Please share some advices to answer this question. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It's a great school in the heart of LA. I love my alms mater and it's an HBCU. The school is great.
The school is top notch and not easy at all. The bar is set very high and they don't tolerate foolishness! You gotta be about your business. ***she said*** n more

Hey i was wondering if anyone know how long the interview usually last?
Probably at tops around 30 min. Not too long. If you have been on interviews at other pharmacy schools its nothing like it at all. I went to two other pharmacy school interviews before xavier that took at least 4 hours. They gave me a tour and really tried persuading you. Xavier is mainly about the interview and thats it.
Honestly feel good about the interview because I seem to think the interview is just about showing a face to a name for Xavier. They probably already want you they just want to put another check behind your name. Making sure you are the person you are on paper. So boast about yourself don't be shy!

Members don't see this ad :)
Jess,
If they ask why to choose Xavier?
Please share some advices to answer this question. Thanks
If you aren't from here definitely talk about how you love the area and feel comfortable here. Back that up with how you life to travel and be different places. They don't want someone who's going to be homesick and leave them, lol! So make it known. If you are from here its easier on them because they probably know they are your first choice. Also add in how you have heard so much about the school and the reputation they have (they are big on that).

If you aren't from here definitely talk about how you love the area and feel comfortable here. Back that up with how you life to travel and be different places. They don't want someone who's going to be homesick and leave them, lol! So make it known. If you are from here its easier on them because they probably know they are your first choice. Also add in how you have heard so much about the school and the reputation they have (they are big on that).

I'm here in Nola since yesterday evening .. Tired n can't sleep... Hope I dnt pass out in front of them

I'm here in Nola since yesterday evening .. Tired n can't sleep... Hope I dnt pass out in front of them
My interview is today at 3pm and I will head over in an hour or 2 but I know how you feel. Didn't sleep well last night and have a drive ahead of me. You will do fine, good luck!!

My interview is today at 3pm and I will head over in an hour or 2 but I know how you feel. Didn't sleep well last night and have a drive ahead of me. You will do fine, good luck!!

Mine is at 2 .. Why everybody has different time?

Not really sure. jessNOLA says interviews take around 30 minutes? Seems short. Have you interviewed anywhere else?

I have two more interview in January .. Xavier would be my first n hopefully my last one

Reactions: 1 user
Hope everyone's interviews went well today!! I wish I could say once your done with your interview it gets a little easier but I'd be lying! I interviewed in December just like y'all and I didn't hear anything back until February 28th. I have no idea why they wait so long to let us know. I interviewed at two other schools before my interview with Xavier, one I heard back the same day I interviewed that I got in and the other I heard back a week later. So I had to shell out the deposits for one of those schools in order to ensure I would be starting school somewhere in the fall. Needless to say I lost that money because I decided to come to Xavier. I don't know but it would seem like they would lose some strong applicants by not letting them know in a appropriate time and they choose elsewhere.

Hope everyone's interviews went well today!! I wish I could say once your done with your interview it gets a little easier but I'd be lying! I interviewed in December just like y'all and I didn't hear anything back until February 28th. I have no idea why they wait so long to let us know. I interviewed at two other schools before my interview with Xavier, one I heard back the same day I interviewed that I got in and the other I heard back a week later. So I had to shell out the deposits for one of those schools in order to ensure I would be starting school somewhere in the fall. Needless to say I lost that money because I decided to come to Xavier. I don't know but it would seem like they would lose some strong applicants by not letting them know in a appropriate time and they choose elsewhere.

The interview went well. Thanks for asking...... Hope they do not take that long wit their decision....

Just reached home at 2:12 am... Hope I hear a good news soon

Just reached home at 2:12 am... Hope I hear a good news soon
I hope for y'alls sake you hear sooner than we did! We actually found out later then the year before us. You will hear by mail if you got in or if you got denied. But to be honest I don't know of many people who interviewed and didn't get in! Fingers crossed for you guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am so grateful for this forum. I had my interview yesterday also, and I am extremely anxious. I felt that there were quite a few applicants interviewing so I was trying to estimate how many people would actually be selected considering how there are two rounds of interviews, one now and the other in the spring. Hopefully in two months we will hear some feedback!

I am so grateful for this forum. I had my interview yesterday also, and I am extremely anxious. I felt that there were quite a few applicants interviewing so I was trying to estimate how many people would actually be selected considering how there are two rounds of interviews, one now and the other in the spring. Hopefully in two months we will hear some feedback!

What time was ur interview? And let's pray we hear something next month....

I hope for y'alls sake you hear sooner than we did! We actually found out later then the year before us. You will hear by mail if you got in or if you got denied. But to be honest I don't know of many people who interviewed and didn't get in! Fingers crossed for you guys!

Hi Jess ,
Where did you take your Theology class? And do you know the course ID for it?

Last edited:
Hi Jess ,
Where did you take your Theology class? And do you know the course ID for it?
I took mine at Xavier. I took Intro to Theology THEO 1170 with Linden. It was nice you had to do some work with reading and papers but wasn't bad.

I took mine at Xavier. I took Intro to Theology THEO 1170 with Linden. It was nice you had to do some work with reading and papers but wasn't bad.

I think only Xavier that offer that course? Did u take it in summer A? If I get accepted I think I will move up there early for that course.... So anxious

I think only Xavier that offer that course? Did u take it in summer A? If I get accepted I think I will move up there early for that course.... So anxious
When I google the course ID only xavier shows up

What time was ur interview? And let's pray we hear something next month....
Mine was at 3pm on Tuesday. Yes, I am saying many prayers! Also, I know LSU has REL 1000. It counts for the required theology class, but taking a prequisite at Xavier would probably look best!

Is it only me that keep dreaming about Xavier admission?

What about Theo 1100?
Any theology course will count for Xavier pre-pharm pre -req. Xavier has one of the cheapest summer programs and its only 5 weeks. I would take it at Xavier. But definitely make sure to take it first summer session incase Xavier makes you take their pre-matriculation program.

I took it during a semester session but I also took one at LSU. I only took one again at XU to graduate.

I took it during a semester session but I also took one at LSU. I only took one again at XU to graduate.

I know it's too early to ask cuz I dnt knw if I'm gonna get accepted but I gotta have to ask just to ease my mind... Do you know any nice apartment up there for college students? And all funished

Last edited:

Hi Jess,
Do you know how many students that had fall interview and got in last year? ... I know how you felt now

I am having a problem meeting the Health Ethics requirement. Does anyone know if Xavier offers an online course or have any suggestions as to where else I can meet this requirement? This Spring I have a scheduling conflict and it isn't offered in the Summer at University of Southern Mississippi. Thanks!!!

It's spring semester guys for those who are waiting for acceptance letter and interviews letter ... Let's pray

Oh ok how was it? Mine was great... I saw one of my interview's evaluation

My interview was that same day. I felt good about the interview but I don't want to get my hopes up. You said you saw one of your interviewers evaluations, that made me nervous. Because I don't recall my interviewers making any notes. Did everyone notice notes being taken??

Last edited:
Both were taking notes and evaluated on a scare 1-5 .. My male interviewer who was the coolest one told me while we were walking to the room that they will be taking notes and do not be intimidated about it.... I heard people talking about last year everyone that had interview got accepted so hopefully the same thing happen again

I think about the Xavier interview everything and I'm getting depressed because I do not want to wait for another year... Yeah let's pray for each other....

I think about the Xavier interview everything and I'm getting depressed because I do not want to wait for another year... Yeah let's pray for each other....
ok maybe I was running my mouth too much lol and didn't notice the note taking. I wish we could find out NOW so I wouldnt have to take classes that are not required for Xavier and stress over PHARMCas...ugggrhhhh and more interviews

Me too actually I'm taking Xavier classes nw( Health ethics) .. I have an interview at Wyoming university on the 17th and Indiana Manchester university on the 25 th and I do not really want to go to Indiana interview because of the $459 plane ticket... Xavier needs to hurry with their decision that people can save money for their deposit lol

Me too actually I'm taking Xavier classes nw( Health ethics) .. I have an interview at Wyoming university on the 17th and Indiana Manchester university on the 25 th and I do not really want to go to Indiana interview because of the $459 plane ticket... Xavier needs to hurry with their decision that people can save money for their deposit lol
Exactly I Hope we find out soon. especially before you have to pay $459, that sucks 8-(. But you have to do what you gotta do... Good luck on those interviews

Btw it sounds crazy I already applied for financial aid and I only added Xavier . And hopefully that would help on their decision when they receive my application.... Plz don't think I'm crazy lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Btw it sounds crazy I already applied for financial aid and I only add Xavier . And hopefully that would help on their decision when they receive my application.... Plz don't think I'm crazy lol
Lol...no it doesn't sound crazy..great idea, I should be doing the same. Claim it!!!!

According to other threads, the applicants last year found out on February 28th, and the applicants before them found out some time in April, after the second pool of interviews. So for peace of mind, we can count down to February 28th for now!

According to other threads, the applicants last year found out on February 28th, and the applicants before them found out some time in April, after the second pool of interviews. So for peace of mind, we can count down to February 28th for now!

From what I heard the applicants before last year found out before last year... They need to stop with that crazy long wait, people can have heartache because of them... Must schools applicants heard back after a week or two weeks... Xavier needs to do something about that or they will end up with less people.... If I knew that wait was that long I wouldn't put myself into it....

I have an interview next week if I'm in before I found out from Xavier .. That's it...

Hey Jess Happy New Year... I have a question for you.... I heard Xavier does not accept online classes!! And I'm currently taking health ethics online..... I hope they change... I do not want to call them to start a fire on that

Never mind I just read the correct info online

It's a hard wait guys, trust me the worst! The year before me found out February 2nd-ish, so I was counting down til that day and then didn't find out for a month later. I had two other interviews at different schools before my interview at Xavier and found out I was accepted to both one the same day as the interview as I was leaving and the other right after my interview with Xavier the week later. I had to weigh my options and decided if I wanted to put all my eggs in Xavier's basket and deny the others to wait for XU or if I wanted to go ahead and pay the deposit to hold my spot at one school. Well knowing XU, I went ahead and paid the deposit at another school while I waited for Xavier. It was a big sum of money that I knew I wouldn't get back but in my head it was cheaper then chancing it and waiting a whole year before going through the process again. Also it gave me a little piece of mind to know that I would be starting pharmacy school somewhere that Fall. I went nuts waiting and called the office and emailed them and always received nothing but rudeness. But keep this in mind; the degree and knowledge you will get is one thing but the real test is putting up will all the nonsense and drama and still making it out with your degree!

Reactions: 1 users
They need to change that...btw I think I'm taking a wrong class for health ethics... Course ID is HSC2400 and it's basic emergency care ... And it's already too late to drop it... Do you think Xavier would accept it? ... I have an interview this Friday and if I get accepted I m going there instead ... It's way cheaper... I like Xavier because Louisiana is not cold as Wyoming state or Indiana so I'm going to start calling them by next Monday ... Xavier anxiety would kill some applicants that have heart failure... Too much stress