Preparing for Ross interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamComeTrue09

Second time the charm?
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all :) So this is my first veterinary school interview and it is coming up in a few days. I really want to go in prepared. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any information through internet searches about what to expect nor have I found a list of common questions. I have found info about MD interviews for Ross..but none for vet school! For anyone whom has interviewed with Ross, can you tell me what to expect? Would you be willing to share what questions you were asked? Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks cowgirla! I hope my interview is the same...doesn't sound stressful at all! I did check the interview feedback thread but did not see Ross for some reason!!

I interviewed for Ross two years ago and got accepted, but declined the offer and get a master's instead.

They asked me a lot of questions about moving/living in a foreign country. Would I be able to be that far away from my family? Did I understand the differences between living in the states and living in the Caribbean? (i.e. groceries, bugs, heat, hurricanes, etc). They also asked me how I was going to handle all the airfare and expenses involved with Ross.

Basically, understand what your getting yourself into. Understand that veterinary studies at Ross will be a lot different than in at state schools. Do some research on living on St. Kitts and such. It helped me immensely that I had researched the island before my interview. One of the funniest questions was "There are no McDonalds on St. Kitts, how do you think you'll handle that".

Hope this helps. And good luck!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got asked the normal "Tell me about your undergraduate work". "Tell me about your animal/veterinary experience" and the million dollar question "Why do you want to go into veterinary medicine?"
Also...
-Asked about my research experience.
-Asked about how I would handle the island.
-Actually asked what I would do if I administered the wrong drug to a dog. What would I do?
-Asked why I got a C in a certain class (and why I retook another class)
-Asked about my music (i used to be in the whole band scene, and she was really interested in that...i'm convinced that that's been my "hook" in my applications)
- Then there was just general chit chat.
It was very very laid back. I know that sounds cliche, but it was. I interviewed at Iowa State and Western U. Those were both very laid back as well, but the Ross one was especially comfortable. I did very well. It was also one-on-one, so that helped me.
Good luck. PM me with any more questions. I'll be happy to answer them.

I had an interview with Ross earlier this week, and I can honestly say it was the most relaxed one I've had. It was very conversational and I'm guessing you will have the same interviewer (I'm from VT) - she is extremely friendly. It's one-on-one, and she didn't ask anything unexpected. Basically, they just want to know that everything you put down on your application is true and that you can handle the rigors of vet school living so far away. There's nothing tricky about it. Just be yourself and you'll be fine!

When is your interview? I have my Ross interview tomorrow in NJ.