Ross c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like ross is giving me the runaround with my application. still complete silence about whether my VMCAS has been accessed by them or not. I called and they said they'd reach back out to me but I call every week and that's pretty much all the update I get each time. I know im at least competitive enough of an applicant to get an interview with them and I feel sad that my applicant might not be viewed in time.

After submitting my VMCAS application to Ross in the fall, I still hadn't gotten any confirmation that they had received it until I emailed them a few days ago asking if they had to [email protected] (I know I should have gotten to it earlier but I just assumed they would email me when they had reviewed it). I got a reply within the next couple of days saying they would look into the situation. Then randomly, I got an email asking me to docusign their Vet Tech Standards. They then emailed me saying that my application was in file review, so I'm guessing it was just sitting there until I signed the appropriate documents.

With that being said, I would check your spam/archive to see if they've sent you any docusign emails or trying emailed their admissions email!

Members don't see this ad.

After submitting my VMCAS application to Ross in the fall, I still hadn't gotten any confirmation that they had received it until I emailed them a few days ago asking if they had to [email protected] (I know I should have gotten to it earlier but I just assumed they would email me when they had reviewed it). I got a reply within the next couple of days saying they would look into the situation. Then randomly, I got an email asking me to docusign their Vet Tech Standards. They then emailed me saying that my application was in file review, so I'm guessing it was just sitting there until I signed the appropriate documents.

With that being said, I would check your spam/archive to see if they've sent you any docusign emails or trying emailed their admissions email!
I got the docusign emails (which I signed) about a month back and I emailed vet admissions at that point to confirm whether my app was finally good. waited a few weeks for a response. emailed again. I also called and I was told they would reach back out to me but it did not happen.

I have a filter in my email that makes anything vet school related go straight into my priority inbox. I also checked my spam, archive, everything. when they actually responded the one time they did, I didn't have any trouble receiving the email.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ honestly im not even invested anymore. im just annoyed that I paid to get my application reviewed and I'm doing all these extra steps for them to actually do it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! Does anyone know if Ross is reviewing applications now? I was wondering if I should expect to hear from them soon or after new years.

Finally got an update from Ross and got access to the applicant portal. I think they are definitely still reviewing applications although I'm not sure how much space they still have left for Fall 2024.

I don't know if this gives anyone hope, but I just declined the vet prep program, so maybe you'll hear back from them since I declined their offer for summer of 2024. Best of Luck!

Finally got an email from Ross about my application until I read it further and it’s the exact same email I got in September that said my application was received and under review. Does this mean they lost my application originally or what? I’m just at a loss with this school at this point.

Finally got an update from Ross and got access to the applicant portal. I think they are definitely still reviewing applications although I'm not sure how much space they still have left for Fall 2024.
What makes you say they don’t have space left?

I had my Interview today for Fall 2024. If you go to their website on what to expect on the interview and go through the questions they write on there, it will certainly prepare you. I will update when I receive a decision 😊 I did submit my application through VMCAS in early September and received an interview invite December 5th.

did anyone see a portal acceptance before getting a call or email? i just checked my portal and it seems like I got accepted but I haven’t heard from them

did anyone see a portal acceptance before getting a call or email? i just checked my portal and it seems like I got accepted but I haven’t heard from them

Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations!!!

My status went from "Not Started" to "Pending Review". The waiting game is torture!

just finished my interview!! it was 1-on-1 and very low-stress. be ready to talk about your experiences and anything that might draw attention on your resume/transcripts. otherwise just be confident in yourself as a candidate, let your personality show through, and it is really not bad!!

Reactions: 1 users
To those who have been accepted to Ross and no where else (yet), have you been questioning on reapplying vs going to the island? I’ve been back and forth with this constantly debating if I should do a masters/improve my application and reapply or just go to Ross

After being accepted, the reality hit that I may be moving and dropping my life in ~8 months and just been thinking about everything

My hesitations are
1. Moving to island away from friends/family
2. Extra costs of debt, expensive living/food etc
3. Mental health because of all this

Would love to hear from anyone and everyone

• Care
Hi everyone ! Hope the new year is treatin you well. My status just changed from pending to “in review” today. And, I’m wondering if anyone knows how long it will be until they have a decision ? This is my last school I’m waiting on so I’m sweating

Hi everyone ! Hope the new year is treatin you well. My status just changed from pending to “in review” today. And, I’m wondering if anyone knows how long it will be until they have a decision ? This is my last school I’m waiting on so I’m sweating

it took mine about a week and a half for a decision

The same happened to me today!

• Care
Mine still says has been received and is being processed. I submitted on September 18th.

My went from “Not Started” to “Pending Review” last week. I interviewed 12/13. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since interview. I’m sweating it out too

My went from “Not Started” to “Pending Review” last week. I interviewed 12/13. Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since interview. I’m sweating it out too
My interview was 12/7. So it was just a few days past the 4 week mark when it switched to “in review”

My interview was 12/7. So it was just a few days past the 4 week mark when it switched to “in review”
I had my interview December 14th. I got the acceptance phone call this morning! I had been told decisions would come after the holidays. I think their offices opened back up yesterday, so hang in there! Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I had scheduled my interview a while back; however, I got an acceptance to another school. Does anyone know how to cancel the interview? That way, someone else can possibly take that spot.

Hey guys! I had scheduled my interview a while back; however, I got an acceptance to another school. Does anyone know how to cancel the interview? That way, someone else can possibly take that spot.
I believe you’ll have to email them directly! Whoever sent your invite if I’m not mistaken

I think I just got accepted ! My portal shows the housing options in the accept section.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a call for my acceptance! Interviewed 12/2

Where has everyone been getting info about the island , program , etc ?

And if you’ve interviewed do you have any suggestions on how to prepare ? Thank you !

Congratulations

Did your portal change?

Honestly I haven’t been able to navigate the portal super well. I’ve been relying on email and stuff for updates to my status. I logged on again and there was no change that I could find. Maybe I’m just missing how to find my status through there?

Where has everyone been getting info about the island , program , etc ?

And if you’ve interviewed do you have any suggestions on how to prepare ? Thank you !

Honestly it was my hardest interview by far. The interview itself was very easygoing but the questions were difficult. Review your application for sure. Stay authentic and genuine when answering and you’ll be okay :)

I got accepted into vet prep!! Interviewed 12/7

• Love
Honestly it was my hardest interview by far. The interview itself was very easygoing but the questions were difficult. Review your application for sure. Stay authentic and genuine when answering and you’ll be okay :)
Was it questions about your experiences and academics etc ?

Was it questions about your experiences and academics etc ?
My interview was far from relaxed as well. It was not enjoyable as many have said. I honestly think it depends on your interviewer. I felt so defeated when it was over. Be prepared to answer questions about your application.
I still don’t know how my interview went because I’m waiting on a decision. Wish I felt more confident.
Good luck

My interview was far from relaxed as well. It was not enjoyable as many have said. I honestly think it depends on your interviewer. I felt so defeated when it was over. Be prepared to answer questions about your application.
I still don’t know how my interview went because I’m waiting on a decision. Wish I felt more confident.
Good luck
I appreciate knowing this, and I am sending all good thoughts for you for an acceptance. I am sorry you are not feeling confident. please keep us updated.

Denied after interview
I’m still in shock and processing this.

Good luck everyone

• Sad
  • Care
Denied after interview
I’m still in shock and processing this.

Good luck everyone
Oh no! I am so sorry. Maybe you can try again next year, or even apply for another system. I know you don't have to wait until the VMCAS deadline for Ross!