Ross c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone that was accepted for fall ‘24 thinking about accepting the offer to start in May? Curious to maybe talk to people who are considering it!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted Spring 2025, waitlisted fall 2024! :lol: Hoping I get into fall *fingers crossed*

How did you apply for both? Did they just offer you spring without you applying for it or did you ask?

I applied and got waitlisted for fall (since fall is full now), but if at any point I wished to move my acceptance to the spring semester I can just start then. So yeah they offered me spring without me asking for it, my advisor just laid out all the options for me. I also got a nice tuition incentive to start May of this year but I don’t think I’m mentally prepared for that lol

I applied and got waitlisted for fall (since fall is full now), but if at any point I wished to move my acceptance to the spring semester I can just start then. So yeah they offered me spring without me asking for it, my advisor just laid out all the options for me. I also got a nice tuition incentive to start May of this year but I don’t think I’m mentally prepared for that lol
Oh strange I literally interviewed last week for fall and they said nothing about it being full. Wish they did lol

Is anyone that was accepted for fall ‘24 thinking about accepting the offer to start in May? Curious to maybe talk to people who are considering it!
I am considering it but waiting to hear back from all the schools I applied to still before deciding. I wonder how many spots they have for the may start, it's a cool option for sure!

just declined my seat for fall 2024; good luck to those on the waitlist 🫶🫶

Reactions: 1 user
Oh strange I literally interviewed last week for fall and they said nothing about it being full. Wish they did lol

I interviewed feb 9th. Yeah my advisor told me that the waitlist had just opened up when she called me so it’s pretty new I guess

Application had been under review for a while now, when I contacted my advisor they said they were waiting on a transcript yet I had sent it and still nothing. Now reading other comments that fall is full? So kind of freaking out I won’t get an interview now…

Application had been under review for a while now, when I contacted my advisor they said they were waiting on a transcript yet I had sent it and still nothing. Now reading other comments that fall is full? So kind of freaking out I won’t get an interview now…
Is your application in the review committee after interview or still being reviewed before? If before I’d just give them a call bc they’re bad at answering emails

Members don't see this ad :)
Is your application in the review committee after interview or still being reviewed before? If before I’d just give them a call bc they’re bad at answering emails
Still being reviewed for interview

Does anyone know the process of submitting your visa application?

I'm deciding between Ross and SGU and would start fall 2024, I have a couple of questions comparing the schools if anyone is able to answer :)

1. AVMA accreditation / NAVLE pass rate: both are accredited but Ross has a NAVLE pass rate of 81%, for some reason I can't find any information about SGU's pass rates on their website. Do Ross or SGU students generally feel more prepared for the NAVLE, can any current students attest to this? I heard some rumors that Ross has an AVMA accreditation review this year, would their lower NAVLE pass rate mean they could potentially lose accreditation?
2. Do either schools have particular opportunities for exotics experience?
3. What is each schools process school for matching with a US school for fourth year? Are there guaranteed clinical year matches for students at both SGU and Ross?
4. Cost of living: are they comparable (St. Kitts/Grenada)?

If anyone can answer these questions (or opinions on SGU vs. Ross) I would be super grateful!! Good luck to everyone accepting offers this spring!!

I'm deciding between Ross and SGU and would start fall 2024, I have a couple of questions comparing the schools if anyone is able to answer :)

1. AVMA accreditation / NAVLE pass rate: both are accredited but Ross has a NAVLE pass rate of 81%, for some reason I can't find any information about SGU's pass rates on their website. Do Ross or SGU students generally feel more prepared for the NAVLE, can any current students attest to this? I heard some rumors that Ross has an AVMA accreditation review this year, would their lower NAVLE pass rate mean they could potentially lose accreditation?
3. What is each schools process school for matching with a US school for fourth year? Are there guaranteed clinical year matches for students at both SGU and Ross?

If anyone can answer these questions (or opinions on SGU vs. Ross) I would be super grateful!! Good luck to everyone accepting offers this spring!!

Ross’ pass rate for 2023 was 81%, SGUs im not sure I think they haven’t posted it. But for 2022 Sgu’s was 84% while Ross was 81%. I think both schools have more or less the same opportunities to work with exotics, I know with Ross supposedly you can work with turtles and monkeys. Ive heard cost of living for Grenada is cheaper than St Kitts.

If the school were to lose accreditation while you’re a student, you will still become a licensed DVM (if u pass the NAVLE). They just wouldn’t be able to accept new students.

Hi I just got an offer today for Ross to start in May 2024 but I have some questions.

I haven't started my fasfa to ask for federal aid. Does anyone know how long that takes to be processed?

Does the financial aid cover all costs tutition, food, off-campus housing, books, travel? I'm worried I won't have enough left over to live on the island.

Does anyone know if there’s a Facebook group for those starting in the fall?

That is correct they can’t accept new students but the bigger question is what is Ross doing to remedy the situation. I wasn’t satisfied with the dean’s answer.

Hi I just got an offer today for Ross to start in May 2024 but I have some questions.

I haven't started my fasfa to ask for federal aid. Does anyone know how long that takes to be processed?

Does the financial aid cover all costs tutition, food, off-campus housing, books, travel? I'm worried I won't have enough left over to live on the island.
I assume that is for the DVM program? Vet prep doesn’t qualify for a federal student loan. If so, the information given to me about a year ago was you can get a federal student loan for the cost of attendance that was $36,216 per semester. After subtracting tuition & fees with an estimate for books, that left approximately $9,408 for food, transportation, rent, electricity, and flights. The fight prices are dependent on if you are on the east coast vs Midwest to west coast. The person I knew was spending about an average of $120 per week for food at Rams. By the way, the $9,408 would increase by $780 the following semesters since there was a one time fee for first semester. There is more to consider than just the cost too. Hopefully this helps.

I assume that is for the DVM program? Vet prep doesn’t qualify for a federal student loan. If so, the information given to me about a year ago was you can get a federal student loan for the cost of attendance that was $36,216 per semester. After subtracting tuition & fees with an estimate for books, that left approximately $9,408 for food, transportation, rent, electricity, and flights. The fight prices are dependent on if you are on the east coast vs Midwest to west coast. The person I knew was spending about an average of $120 per week for food at Rams. By the way, the $9,408 would increase by $780 the following semesters since there was a one time fee for first semester. There is more to consider than just the cost too. Hopefully this helps.
Thank you so much. Yes I have been accepted for the DVM program. I am from the Caribbean not the states so I do get 45min flights directly from where I live and they aren't as expensive. This helps so much.

Since Ross is a trimester based school, that means I get roughly $9,408 after every semester, so 3 times a year?

Thank you so much. Yes I have been accepted for the DVM program. I am from the Caribbean not the states so I do get 45min flights directly from where I live and they aren't as expensive. This helps so much.

Since Ross is a trimester based school, that means I get roughly $9,408 after every semester, so 3 times a year?
When you submit your fafsa you will receive your loan amount in a lump sum I am pretty sure. But they will automatically work with Ross to make sure they give you the correct amount to cover everything!

• Love

Yes. That is correct. 45 minute flight you must be really close. Have you looked at St. George? Will you be eligible for US federal loans?

will most likely be declining my seat for august 2024, does anyone know the proper way to do this?

Was accepted to Jan 2025! For anyone curious the fall class is very full she said so if you are interviewing for fall you will most likely be waitlisted and accepted for the next semester. She did say that submitting your deposit moves you further up the waitlist for fall semester. Good luck to everyone else still waiting 🤞🏼

Reactions: 1 users
Was accepted to Jan 2025! For anyone curious the fall class is very full she said so if you are interviewing for fall you will most likely be waitlisted and accepted for the next semester. She did say that submitting your deposit moves you further up the waitlist for fall semester. Good luck to everyone else still waiting

Can I ask when you submitted your application? Does that mean, if the fall 2024 is full, the applicants automatically being moved to Jan2025 ? But all may2024, sep2024, jan2025 are down as available on their website. Thanks

Can I ask when you submitted your application? Does that mean, if the fall 2024 is full, the applicants automatically being moved to Jan2025 ? But all may2024, sep2024, jan2025 are down as available on their website. Thanks
Yes everyone currently interviewing and then being offered admission to the dvm class is being offered Jan 2025 bc fall is full. You could also be offered May 2024 if you want but the sept2024 is fully unavailable currently.

Getting a little nervous as my application is and has been under for review since 2/9.....I have already emailed but we all know they aren't the greatest with emails so I'm starting to get nervous as many of you have said fall is now full and that's what I applied for. Starting to get a bit discouraged........haven't restarted my VMCAS application in case I get accepted to Ross but I don't know....

Heard there's a new school in Puerto Rico, so maybe I'll look into that.

Getting a little nervous as my application is and has been under for review since 2/9.....I have already emailed but we all know they aren't the greatest with emails so I'm starting to get nervous as many of you have said fall is now full and that's what I applied for. Starting to get a bit discouraged........haven't restarted my VMCAS application in case I get accepted to Ross but I don't know....

i have had the best luck calling.

Hey fellow puertorican here. I suggest not applying to UAGM. They aren’t accredited by AVMA which would mean 4 more years of studying and 4-6 tests so you can practice in the US.

As for your application, don’t worry too much about the time it’s taking. They’ll get back to you soon enough. If one day you see in the portal that you should reserve your housing it usually means you've been accepted. I usually contacted Jessica Snow and she replied fast, she maybe takes a couple of days. I also got my letter two days after the portal changed and my interviewer called me a day after the portal changed.

Wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:
anyone accepted for fall 24 know what are next steps are? I feel sort of lost.

Hi guys! I am new to this forum, I am attending the Fall '24 class and am in the middle of all my preparation. Has anyone heard anything on the student housing end? It is the final step in my required steps, and I know it says we will receive an email closer to start date but I am just trying to figure out all the logistics 😅

Hi guys! I am new to this forum, I am attending the Fall '24 class and am in the middle of all my preparation. Has anyone heard anything on the student housing end? It is the final step in my required steps, and I know it says we will receive an email closer to start date but I am just trying to figure out all the logistics

I have talked with student advisors and what they basically told me is that they’re giving priority right now to the students who are starting in May. So I imagine that during or after May we’ll receive more info on what the next steps will be!

Hi guys! I am new to this forum, I am attending the Fall '24 class and am in the middle of all my preparation. Has anyone heard anything on the student housing end? It is the final step in my required steps, and I know it says we will receive an email closer to start date but I am just trying to figure out all the logistics 😅
When I talked to one of the advisors about a week or so ago,I believe he said end of may beginning of June they'll start sending the fall classes stuff out. But I may be wrong on that.

I have talked with student advisors and what they basically told me is that they’re giving priority right now to the students who are starting in May. So I imagine that during or after May we’ll receive more info on what the next steps will be!
Okay thank you so much I appreciate it

Hi guys! I am new to this forum, I am attending the Fall '24 class and am in the middle of all my preparation. Has anyone heard anything on the student housing end? It is the final step in my required steps, and I know it says we will receive an email closer to start date but I am just trying to figure out all the logistics

Hi!! I had a meeting with the advisors because I was a little stressed and they basically told me there is no on campus housing for Fall ‘24 as they are undergoing renovation. They will be sending out housing information end of May and advised me not to look for housing yet because there won’t be much available

Hi!! I had a meeting with the advisors because I was a little stressed and they basically told me there is no on campus housing for Fall ‘24 as they are undergoing renovation. They will be sending out housing information end of May and advised me not to look for housing yet because there won’t be much available
Omg WHAT