WWhy is Dexter a sociopath WW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Elect LIS

Please BOLD your election/lynch votes so they stand out (notice everyone else did that).

Members don't see this ad.

With 8 uncast votes no one else can beat lis unless someone changes their vote. That's not a true majority, but its close enough. Waiting 12 hours from now to even start the night round was my bitch/moan.

Yes, but don't forget people can be mod killed for not voting, and seeing as the game started early (as others mentioned), it seemed proper to give everyone some time to check in.

Of course, if PMs are early, we will proceed forward (have to check progress).

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats.. You have elected LIS Chief of Police.

Final election tally.

LIS 15 (LIS, Lupin, WS, wildcat, Sheep, hedgie, kaydubs, nohika, escalla, jj, Dyachei, WTF, Devyn, Labrat, that redhead)
FH 6 (FH, Kpowell, Trem, tropic, SnS, FFM),
DVMD 6 (DocE, DVMD, Swing, Jam, orcagirl, FTB)

5pm EST deadline for night 1 PMs (start getting them in).

Send in those PMs!

No uncast votes! 100% participation. Good start.

barney-fife-cbs-200-b.jpg

Just going to say this right now, incase I die (Who knows. Im the target of everytihng lately).

SOV is having some fun with the character roles. It could be the usual "haha. your role sounds evil, deal with it" shizz, but it makes me curious if the wolves might be some specific group of dexter villains (or dexter himself? But dexter is a nice guy serial killer, so maybe not) and not just anyone not in the MiamiPD. Maybe only his specific targets? IDK. I'm throwing stuff out there.

continued: Point being, Im fine with killing Brian Moser if he shows up. Some kills are black and white. But I can already attest this is gonna be another "ambiguous roles, gotta think out who would *really* be a wolf" type game. :-/

probably gonna have to wait until 5pm. Still waiting for a few PMs, one of which could affect tonight's outcome (although probably not...or maybe?? who's gonna believe anything i say anyway:laugh:)

continued: Point being, Im fine with killing Brian Moser if he shows up. Some kills are black and white. But I can already attest this is gonna be another "ambiguous roles, gotta think out who would *really* be a wolf" type game. :-/

Information like this is great to share. I have never watched Dexter and don't plan on it. I just didn't want to miss out on a fun WW game.

Members don't see this ad :)
Information like this is great to share. I have never watched Dexter and don't plan on it. I just didn't want to miss out on a fun WW game.

I have never watched Dexter either, just having WW withdraws, so I need to get my fix, especially since come middle-end of March I will have to be sans WW for about 6 weeks... :(

Dexter has one person he absolutely has to kill each season (And generally it takes all season to kill them). And he has one small time crook he kills per episode generally. There are lots of other criminals who are tangential (killed by dexter or just living roles in the bigger plot). It seems tangential criminals are not wolves. Or at least one isnt. I think thats clear enough. Brian Moser or Trinity would be examples of people I'd say are def wolves because they are both rival serial killers who it takes all season for dexter to kill.

Just going to say this right now, incase I die (Who knows. Im the target of everytihng lately).

SOV is having some fun with the character roles. It could be the usual "haha. your role sounds evil, deal with it" shizz, but it makes me curious if the wolves might be some specific group of dexter villains (or dexter himself? But dexter is a nice guy serial killer, so maybe not) and not just anyone not in the MiamiPD. Maybe only his specific targets? IDK. I'm throwing stuff out there.

For once, I actually agree with DocE. :laugh: I've only watched a few episodes here and there, so don't know much about Dexter, but it would make sense that the 'baddies' (wolves) would be the murderers that Dexter kills.

Is there anyone else who is 'bad' in the series that isn't a serial killer?

Going on the assumption here that Dexter is a villager.

For once, I actually agree with DocE. :laugh: I've only watched a few episodes here and there, so don't know much about Dexter, but it would make sense that the 'baddies' (wolves) would be the murderers that Dexter kills.

Is there anyone else who is 'bad' in the series that isn't a serial killer?

Going on the assumption here that Dexter is a villager.

Good examples of this would be Rita's exhusband Paul (abusive druggie), Lila (former sponsor of Dexter in NA/AA), Jimmy Smitsb character (something Prado, cant remember first name).

In any case, lots of room for ambiguity when the protagonist is a serial killer.

Dexter has one person he absolutely has to kill each season (And generally it takes all season to kill them).

I did some very brief reading on Wikipedia to get an idea for the show, so sorry if I'm completely off base...

If we're going off of the pretext that Dexter (a serial killer) is a good guy, are maybe the police who could catch him bad guys? Is there a cop in the series who always seems suspicious of him? Or maybe there isn't one "group" of wolves (like cops, serial killers or petty criminals) but specific characters in the series that have been antagonists to Dexter? Just throwing some thoughts around while we wait :shrug:

it would make sense that the 'baddies' (wolves) would be the murderers that Dexter kills.

Well, except for a couple of exceptions, Dexter only kills murderers. But there are the barely known murderers he kills every episode, and, like DocE explained, the extremely evil/crazy serial killers that Dexter hunts all season long. I agree that the wolves are most likely the big serial killers that are the focus of each season.

Sgt. Doakes. If you want a cop that fulfills the "actively trying to ruin dexter". To much smaller degree maria laguerta last season. She could be argued to have been the season long target last season... but she has been very good until last season, so I wouldn't assume she'd be a wolf off the bat.

Upcoming (tentative) schedule:

Day 2 lynch deadline: 12am (midnight) EST.
Night 2 PM deadline: 7am EST.

Day 3 lynch deadline: 7pm EST.
Night 4 PM deadline 7am EST

Not sure when I will get to writeups. Anything received/posted after deadlines will NOT count regardless of when the actual results are posted.

Plan accordingly and send contingencies if necessary.

If you have any objections state them now (if I am in the mood to listen I might adjust, but don't count on it), but the general idea is a lynch in the evening and PMs sent overnight.

that redhead brings up a good point that I was thinking about as well. Like maybe Doakes and Quinn are neutral? They're very anti-Dexter, but are actually good guys.

Does anyone have an idea as to whether or not there might be neutral characters in this type of game? I know we've had some in past games.

I did some very brief reading on Wikipedia to get an idea for the show, so sorry if I'm completely off base...

If we're going off of the pretext that Dexter (a serial killer) is a good guy, are maybe the police who could catch him bad guys? Is there a cop in the series who always seems suspicious of him? Or maybe there isn't one "group" of wolves (like cops, serial killers or petty criminals) but specific characters in the series that have been antagonists to Dexter? Just throwing some thoughts around while we wait :shrug:

One of the things that Dexter finds hilarious (at least for the early seasons) is that he works in a building full of cops and only ONE is suspicious. That is Sargeant Dokes (sp?), who Dexter kills at the end of the second season. I would probably lean towards Dokes being a wolf, although I could see him being ambiguous. Everyone else in the department seems to like Dexter.

I agree with Paul, Lila being ambiguous. Other ambiguous ones off the top of my head: Trinity's son (may be too minor to be an actual role). Maybe even that prosecutor dude he befriends in season 3 but ends up having to kill (Miguel?).

Sorry didn't realize the thread was blowing up that quickly. Must post faster!

Not sure when I will get to writeups. Anything received/posted after deadlines will NOT count regardless of when the actual results are posted.

If you have any objections state them now (if I am in the mood to listen I might adjust, but don't count on it), but the general idea is a lynch in the evening and PMs sent overnight.

I won't be up until 1am my time, but I'll either PM or post a lynch to keep myself in good standing.

Not too thrilled about an overnight lynch (for me and other UKers) but I know turning the times around is probably for the best and the 7AM/7PM works out ok otherwise. :)

I wouldn't put it past SOV to give everyone an actual role name but have some of them be neutral (and therefore villagers).

Thinking on the number of players being close to 30, I would think there are definitely some neutrals. They could probably be pawns used by wolves to throw Dexter curves though. Maybe get in the way of kills? I only watched part of a couple of seasons, so I don't know much.

Not too thrilled about an overnight lynch (for me and other UKers) but I know turning the times around is probably for the best and the 7AM/7PM works out ok otherwise. :)

I am aware of that.

Hopefully everyone will post early so no one overseas will be surprised they were lynched.

They could probably be pawns used by wolves to throw Dexter curves though. Maybe get in the way of kills? I only watched part of a couple of seasons, so I don't know much.

I feel like an item is more likely to be used to get in the way of a kill, but who knows, it's SOV's game :laugh: My thought was more to distract the villagers from the wolves by getting them to latch onto a role that may come across as wolfy but isn't?

Miami is known for its steamy, hot, and humid nights, and our first night there is no different. There is just some sick, perverted stuff going on out there, and since this is a family forum, I am going to have to keep the details under wrap.

What I can tell you is that Foxhunter was definitely spotted out sticking her tongue down some guy’s throat on Biscayne Blvd. Now It is not entirely clear if that had anything to do with what happened subsequently, but police did find Foxhunter’s dead body some hours later. Police are withholding details of the murder (yes, it was murder), all we know was that it was a bloody death. Poor Foxhunter, who was Rita Bennet, the girlfriend/wife of Dexter, who never got to find any of her family members is dead.

But this being a busy city, it is not the only death that occurred. Police also found the remains of orcagirl. She has been burnt to a crisp, so all we have is a few bones, not enough to even identify her identity. Sorry orcagirl. Game over (homage to Nyanko for that).

Other than that, all I can say is there were a lot of peeping Toms (and Thomasinas), and a lot of suspicious scams going on.

Time to put someone in the 21st century version of the lynch rope… the electric chair.

It is Day2. You must vote to put someone in the electric chair by 12am midnight. Please try to post early so all the UKers can participate.

Here is your roster.
1-SnS
2- dyachei
3-DVMD
4-tropictuco
5 - kaydubssss
6 - Escalla
7 - jjohnston
8 - Jamr0ckin
9 - Devyn
10 - wildcatj
11 - kpowell14
12 - sheepdog
13 - Lab Rat83
14 -Lupin21
15 - The LIS
16 -Wolfspeaker
17 - that redhead
18 - nohika
19 - Trema
20 -Swings
21 - WTF
22 - Orcagirl Jane/John Doe?
23 - FTB
24 -hedgie
25- FFM
26- FH Rita Bennet
27. DocISwearImNotAWolfThisTimeEspana

I feel like an item is more likely to be used to get in the way of a kill, but who knows, it's SOV's game :laugh: My thought was more to distract the villagers from the wolves by getting them to latch onto a role that may come across as wolfy but isn't?

Too true!! I was thinking like maybe they might prevent him from performing an action if they were near or something, but that's probably reaching. That's why I love the beginning of games... my theories can be nonsensical!! :idea: :slap:

Any thoughts? With two deaths, is there a possibility of two wolf groups? Or perhaps an item used that killed someone? Could there be an item that caused either of the deaths? Perhaps someone with more Dexter knowledge can chime in... I will try to do some wiki research.

One of the things that Dexter finds hilarious (at least for the early seasons) is that he works in a building full of cops and only ONE is suspicious. That is Sargeant Dokes (sp?), who Dexter kills at the end of the second season. I would probably lean towards Dokes being a wolf, although I could see him being ambiguous. Everyone else in the department seems to like Dexter.

I agree with Paul, Lila being ambiguous. Other ambiguous ones off the top of my head: Trinity's son (may be too minor to be an actual role). Maybe even that prosecutor dude he befriends in season 3 but ends up having to kill (Miguel?).

No, Dexter does NOT kill him. Crazy pyro Lila does.

The wolves are likely people who fit Dexter's (Harry's) criteria. I.e. murderers.

Any thoughts? With two deaths, is there a possibility of two wolf groups? Or perhaps an item used that killed someone? Could there be an item that caused either of the deaths? Perhaps someone with more Dexter knowledge can chime in... I will try to do some wiki research.

My first thought was wolf kill + item used, but SOV says "items have been distributed" which makes me think that items weren't out until now. Which makes it likely that someone(s) have roles that allow them to kill- petty criminals or serial killers or even cops I guess (I'm just assuming these are the 'groups' that are out there from my limited knowledge of the show) OR there is more than one wolfy faction.

I'm not sure what Rita's role would have been. Possible she would have been able to communicate with Dexter (by the sound of the writeup it would have been when she figured out who he was). So I'm not sure if that is a significant loss or not.
Regardless, definitely don't like that we lost two the first night, but I'm not sure what to make of that.

I think SOV distributed items before the first night cycle so could be item kill and wolf kill. SOV also said this was not that complicated of a WW game so maybe not two wolf groups (if he can be believed;))

Don't know who I am going to vote for yet but will be up late watching the superbowl (which starts at 11:30pm here!) so I'll come back on in a bit.

My first thought was wolf kill + item used, but SOV says "items have been distributed" which makes me think that items weren't out until now. Which makes it likely that someone(s) have roles that allow them to kill- petty criminals or serial killers or even cops I guess (I'm just assuming these are the 'groups' that are out there from my limited knowledge of the show) OR there is more than one wolfy faction.

I think SOV distributed items before the first night cycle so could be item kill and wolf kill. SOV also said this was not that complicated of a WW game so maybe not two wolf groups (if he can be believed;))

Don't know who I am going to vote for yet but will be up late watching the superbowl (which starts at 11:30pm here!) so I'll come back on in a bit.

This above. Items were distributed before the first night cycle, SOV posted about it then too.

No, Dexter does NOT kill him. Crazy pyro Lila does.

The wolves are likely people who fit Dexter's (Harry's) criteria. I.e. murderers.

That's right...my bad. 2 was my least favorite season so I try to block it out a bit =P

Perhaps Dexter killed orca? She could've been Doomsday (aka Travis)--he was burnt to a crisp. Foxhunter's death made me think it was Brian Moser at first since she had her "tongue down his throat"--he killed prostitutes. But then it was a "bloody" death and that's not typical of him.

That's all for my baseless speculations...

We didn't find out orca's role and he said Nyanko deserved homage, so I'm actually wondering if this isn't a repercussion for not doing a night action. The nintendo game had her (as mod) kill 2 players and not reveal their role as punishment for not participating.

We didn't find out orca's role and he said Nyanko deserved homage, so I'm actually wondering if this isn't a repercussion for not doing a night action. The nintendo game had her (as mod) kill 2 players and not reveal their role as punishment for not participating.

I am thinking that is because he used, "Game Over" and not due to lack of playing because orcagirl was posting.

That's right...my bad. 2 was my least favorite season so I try to block it out a bit =P

Perhaps Dexter killed orca?

Good thought. Orca's role wasn't revealed but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

This above. Items were distributed before the first night cycle, SOV posted about it then too.

Ah, okay.

I'd lean towards an item then, although perhaps Dexter can kill. I guess we'll have to see if two kills a night is a trend, or even every other night or something.