WWhy is Dexter a sociopath WW game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok. Well. I know with 100% certainty that Hedgie and I are villagers. I'm about 90% certain JJ is a villager just because practically speaking I don't see when she could have been converted unless SOV allowed a convert/kill on the same night.

You... meh. You know what I think about you. :) It'd be nice to know what the point of the dreams are, because if it's innocent people......

Did you mean devyn? Hedgie was just killed....

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'd like to know what the dreams are about, too.

From post 1. I think it's in order.

Dyachei
JJohnston
FTB (part of night results)
Hedgiehog
LIS

Note that all of the dead people there have turned out to be villagers. I know I'm a villager (obviously, you don't believe me). I also know JJ is a villager.

Just based on that, I guess I'd have to *lean* towards thinking that somehow only villagers are being thrown the dreams. I dunno....

unlynch Dyachei

lynch Escalla

Members don't see this ad :)
lynch vote:

LIS 2 (Escalla, Dyachei)
Escalla 1 (LIS)

waffle-o-meter - 1- (Waffles!).

uncast votes: 3.
Roll call: JJ, Devyn, WTF.

Lets make lynch deadline 12noon tomorrow. Should give everyone time to check in. PM early and we can turn it right around.

lynch Escalla

I went back and looked at voting patterns. Nothing HUGE jumped out at me, but Escalla's post asking me about Devyn/Hedgie made me realize how stealthy Devyn has been. There's no conclusive voting pattern, but her votes are certainly consistent with a wolf.

I'm going for a tour de players in my lynching this round.

unlynch Escalla

lynch Devyn

lynch vote:

LIS 2 (Escalla, Dyachei)
Devyn 1 (LIS)

waffle-o-meter - 2- (Waffles!).

uncast votes: 3.
Roll call: JJ, Devyn, WTF.

Lets make lynch deadline 12noon tomorrow. Should give everyone time to check in. PM early and we can turn it right around.

no, hedgie had a dream sequence. Before she was killed. So we know that she was a villager.

Ok, weird. I was going off of SOV's latest roster. :confused:

Wolves are still in control.....tonight they have murdered HedgieHog, Jamie Batista, protector of little ones.

It is Day 12 . Get your lynch on!

There are only 6 players left.

Here is your roster:

2- dyachei
6 - Escalla
7 - jjohnston
9 - Devyn
15 - The LIS
21 - WTF

I'm waffling between devyn and keeping on my pinky train....

I do think that the idea of the kiddos being unconvertable is solid. That's my opinion, though. Personally, I wouldn't look down on anyone voting to lynch me at this point. I have nothing to back me up, was never even seered (to my knowledge)....likely why the wolves are keeping me around as well. I had one function in this entire game :/

I do think that the idea of the kiddos being unconvertable is solid. That's my opinion, though. Personally, I wouldn't look down on anyone voting to lynch me at this point. I have nothing to back me up, was never even seered (to my knowledge)....likely why the wolves are keeping me around as well. I had one function in this entire game :/

I'm not as sold on the kids being unconvertable. Why would you think they are? Just because they're kids? Aster definitely had that pretty damn early-teen-angst thing going pretty well and could easily go either way. Maybe the boy could be unconvertable, but... eh. I don't know.

I'm leaning towards devyn now because if assuming the following:
~You're not converted (which I'm still not sure about)
~The pinkies aren't converted or have an end game (which again, I'm not positive on, but I have limited experience with other groups and don't see this as unlikely)
~Dyachei has virtually the same role description as I do and can't be converted (just assuming here though, can't verify - but I don't see why it would be different between Cody/Astor)

That leaves devyn. And I'll have to go back and check but did she get cleared via villager/wolf seer or just role seer?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not as sold on the kids being unconvertable. Why would you think they are? Just because they're kids? Aster definitely had that pretty damn early-teen-angst thing going pretty well and could easily go either way. Maybe the boy could be unconvertable, but... eh. I don't know.

I can understand why it would be difficult just taking my word for it, but that's literally all I have going for me. Dyachei mentioned earlier that we can communicate which is true.

Also, that would be one hell of a bluff for me with this being my first game. I definitely don't have the confidence for such a bold statement yet. Maybe after a few more games. ;)

Not sure who to lynch, but jj is clear. I've used my last power in the game and her role description says she was resurrected "Ironically" still a pinky and as Viktor could kill once.

No mention of a pinky win condition in the description.

Ok, devyn was cleared on D6 by FTB via role description. She can verify who's who but does that include affiliations? I'm thinking her "clearing" of devyn isn't completely true given the method.

Well, yes, because they are kids....but also based on the seasons I have seen, Dexter seems to think of the kids as his sort of....I dunno, redemption? He seems to put them on a pedestal as innocence, etc. They are what keeps pulling him back from going into darkness. Rita and the kids are like his spiritual grounding, consistently.

Now, admittedly, in the books they are budding sociopaths. But I feel like this game is following the TV show much more closely.

Well, yes, because they are kids....but also based on the seasons I have seen, Dexter seems to think of the kids as his sort of....I dunno, redemption? He seems to put them on a pedestal as innocence, etc. They are what keeps pulling him back from going into darkness. Rita and the kids are like his spiritual grounding, consistently.

Now, admittedly, in the books they are budding sociopaths. But I feel like this game is following the TV show much more closely.

The only thing is ... there are some pretty bad-ass people in the pinkies, and I know we're just villagers. It doesn't seem like letting the kids be convertable (or at least Aster) would be much more of a deviation than that. Ya know?

That said, I changed my vote to lynch Devyn and I'm leaving it there.

I won't have much time before the lynch deadline tomorrow, so...

unlynch LIS

lynch devyn

I don't believe she's been truly cleared and that's enough for me to change at this point.

The dream sequences so far seem to most likely be focused on innocent people. I know I'm a villager, I know LIS is a villager, hedgie was a villager... I'm not sure about the kids being able to be converted or not. It seems a little odd to have two characters that absolutely cannot be converted, but I could see that being the case for the kids. Based on all current available info, I'm going to have to *****lynch devyn*****

You are making a mistake by lynching me. I am still a villager and have not been converted. I was cleared by FTB night 6, so not sure what you are talking about Escalla. I think the wolves have this game in the bag at this point - not sure who they are, but they are playing it well enough and we keep lynching villagers. :( You lynch me, you will not get a wolf.

I am not buying the whole unconvertable thing from Escalla. Seems a great thing to say as a newbie wolf. Dyachei vouched for Escalla early on which is why she has made it so far in the game and now she is unconvertable as well? yeah... ok.... I don't doubt she was her earlier role, but I do doubt that she is not convertable - seems a bit too convenient.

So..

lynch Escalla

My theory may be flawed, and I'm not positive on anything as I don't know if wolf would show up with conversion on a role verification. JJ was also cleared by FTB, so maybe I'm way off base? :shrug: But you haven't been around much and haven't come up with any theories thus far other than I'm lying about what was in my role PM. That being said, lynching the quiet people hasn't worked thus far, but I'm starting to doubt a lot of things. Sticking with my vote for now, but still open to waffling.

My theory may be flawed, and I'm not positive on anything as I don't know if wolf would show up with conversion on a role verification. JJ was also cleared by FTB, so maybe I'm way off base? :shrug: But you haven't been around much and haven't come up with any theories thus far other than I'm lying about what was in my role PM. That being said, lynching the quiet people hasn't worked thus far, but I'm starting to doubt a lot of things. Sticking with my vote for now, but still open to waffling.

If I had been converted then my role would change - at least that is how it has worked in every other WW game I have played. Not sure if SOV is doing it differently here. But I was investigated by FTB and she did clear me. My role has not changed and I have yet to receive any PMs from SOV telling me that I have been converted to a wolf.... :laugh: So for now I would say I am a villager unless he forgot to tell me otherwise.

I was busy this weekend as will happen. Saturday I was at the horse races and then Saturday night I had a date. Sunday there was a rugby match for 6 Nations which is huge over here. On top of that, since you are new to WW you might not realize that I am on a completely different time zone then the rest of you. When you are discussing a lot of things it is in the middle of the night for me (like 3 AM), so I am sleeping.

I went off of LIS's theory on DocE and that backfired and all of the sudden because I trusted him I am voting wolfy... which I find ironic really. To say that both you and dyachei are unconvertable is really not a mechanism that would be built into a WW game - maybe one of you, but not both - which is why I am not buying it.

Well, since I have insomnia, we can discuss things :D. I can only tell you that I cannot be converted, and only offer speculation that dyachei can't be, but she hasn't backed me on it thus far. I'm not sure of any direction, and don't want to be wrong on this vote :( I think LIS has led a lot of crusades and WTF has been the last to vote the last few rounds. I'm just not sure of much nowadays.

unlynch devyn

lynch LIS

I realize that I'm kinda all over the place, but I'm not really satisfied with any direction right now. But I should have stuck with what I thought in the beginning. I'm not convinced fully that he's a wolf but he could probably talk his way out of it anyways. Also, I think too much meaning is being drawn from the dreams. If this is a dead player using the item, what makes you think they're on the villager side? Most of the activity coming from dead players has been of the wolf variety and I doubt they would give anyone any info. If it is a dead villager, how would they know who's innocent? If the convert has it, it would be a good plan to use it on themselves and then claim it has meaning. If it's a villager, they wouldn't know for sure who's innocent either. So the dreams are irrelevant to me.

lynch vote:

LIS 3 (Escalla, Dyachei, devyn)
Devyn 2 (LIS, jj)

waffle-o-meter - 5- (Waffles!).

uncast votes: 1.
Roll call: WTF. wtf WTF? Lots of talk and no voting. You have until noon to vote and allow for some more waffling.

12pm Deadline.

SEND IN YOUR PM ASAP so I can start a new lynch vote.

Last edited:
I think this is the second time this game that devyn has been given super vote powers.... :laugh: Or else SOV has just decided that jj=devyn... :p

unlynch devyn

lynch LIS

Ah. And there you go, folks. Some late minute, close proximity voting by Devyn and Escalla. Pretty likely you'll find a wolf in there, or with WTF. The whole "Oh, I guess I'll vote this way even though I'm not feeling good about it" bull**** is a typical wolf move - especially when it casually seals the fate on a villager.

Anyway, g'luck villagers.

Now I can go find me a meme avatar. :)

lynch vote:

LIS 3 (Escalla, Dyachei, devyn)
Devyn 2 (LIS, jj)

uncast votes: 1.
Roll call: WTF. wtf WTF? Lots of talk and no voting. You have until noon to vote and allow for some more waffling.

12pm Deadline.

I think everyone has voted. Can you just close it out? The wolves have sealed this game up, so I'm ready to move on to DocE's game. :)

lynch vote:

LIS 4 (Escalla, Dyachei, devyn, WTF)
Devyn 2 (LIS, jj)

Any last minute waffles before I close it out as LIS has requested?

FINISH HIM!
tumblr_m92eowhnJA1r4hmaco1_400.gif

Get on with it? DocE and LIS say so. The wolves say so. I guess I must move on....

Gotta kill the pinkies? A question that has been haunting the villagers since the very start when LIS was outed as a killer, but perhaps not a wolf. After 3 quick pink deaths at the start of the game, we are back to pinky killing at the end. So you have decided to string up LIS and hope that somehow solves your serial killing problem. LIS has been killed. Aka Lila West, aka Lila Tournay, with a stolen identity of Sgt. Doakes. A known killer of Orcagirl. Your chief of police who also stole DocE's role and gave it to JJ (before she was killed and revived). LIS has been the center of a lot of stuff, but LIS is NOT the wolf you are looking for. In fact, you have just done the wolves a HUGE favor. :eek:

It is Night 12 .

There are 5 players left.

Here is your roster:

2- dyachei
6 - Escalla
7 - jjohnston
9 - Devyn
21 - WTF

4-tropictuco Debra Morgan
11 - kpowell14 Joey Quinn
12 - sheepdog Nadia
14 -Lupin21 Angel Batista
16 -Wolfspeaker Maria Laguerta
18 - nohika Harry Morgan
19 - TremaVince Masuka
20 -Swings Frank Lundy
22 - Orcagirl Jane/John Doe?
23 - FTB James Gellar
24 -hedgie Jaime Batista
26- FH Rita Bennet
27. DocISwearImNotAWolfThisTimeEspana, the player formerly known as Jurg Yeliashkevych

17 - that redhead Dexter

1-SnS Miguel Prado
10 - wildcatj Lumen Pierce
13 - Lab Rat83 Isaak Sirko
15 - The LIS Lila West with stolen alias of Sgt. Doakes

3-DVMD , Travis Marshall, Doomsday Killer
5 - kaydubssss, Brian Moser
8 - Jamr0ckin, Jordan Chase, Eugene Greer, Motivational speaking killer
25- FFM Arthur Mitchell, The Trinity Kiler

Reminder: links to all results can be found on post #1

Well guys, I don't know what to do. You wouldn't think 1 wolf in this many villagers would be hard to find. JJ, I don't think you're a wolf, but that's all I've got. I think it's possible that dyachei has been letting me run with my assumptions and what I've speculated has been totally wrong. Just figured I'd post my general thoughts in case I'm killed tonight. :( This sucks.

WTF is taking a nap on the hot Miami Beach when all of a sudden it turns out her beach towel is a magic carpet! It takes her to Tropictuco's lair, which is a giant castle on a forbidding island. Gargoyles abound. As do bats. And smoke. Lots of smoke. After a grand tour of the foreboding castle on the magic carpet towel, WTF is deposited on Tropic's foyer, where she am dressed in full robe regalia with a funny-looking helmet with horns and such. All black. And armor and stuff. Then Tropic of Capricorn simply pulls out a gun and shoots WTF dead.

WTF wakes up from her dream (and leave it to WTF to have the weirdest dream.) and standing in front of her is tropical toucan? "What is it with these freaking dreams?" WTF asks this supposedly dead person. And the dead person responds "What do dreams ever mean, absolutely nothing." "But, where are they coming from? Why? Who? I don't understand! WTF!" says WTF. Tropical Fish answers "The dreams were just an item for the top posting dead people to still have a little fun with you. Nothing more. Y'all were looking for answers when there were none. Me, and FF, and Foxhunter, and DVMDream, and that redhead. even DocEspana got to participate"... <cue evil laugh of a toucan>,

WTF wakes up from her dream again. Enlightened by her dream she is set to pass this wonderful knowledge on to the world, but she is thrown into another nightmare. In this one there are two serial killer WWs, nothing like the WW she likes to hang with, and they are sadistically torturing her. Making fun of her vote for LIS, and how thankful they are, but they don't seem very thankful. WTF is so happy this is just a dream, cause otherwise this would really be a crap day. Finally the 2 killers get bored and lop off WTF's head. But she doesn't wake up from this dream. WTF, Brother Sam, who revealed Dexter's conversion has been killed.

One of our 2 serial killers then pays a little visit to Escalla. No dreams for Escalla. She has been cuddled up in a ball in terror ever since she read the lynch results. She knows she has screwed up. She should have kept her original vote. The only person she knew wouldn't be a wolf is Dyachei, because Escalla's role as a kid, Astor, said she couldn't be converted. Imagine her shock when Dyachei shows up at her door with a sardonic grin and blood dripping from her fingertips.. "but, but, but, how?" Dyachei laughs.. Yes, YOU were not convertible, but I was. Evil mods like to mess with us like that. Thanks for all the support. "but you are supposed to be the good little brother" cries Escalla. Dyachei, has a thoughtful expression, as if remembering a better time of innocence, but then she is transformed back into the monster that she is. Her only mercy is killing Escalla quickly. So ends Escalla, Astor, the unconvertible one.

The 2 serial killers then meet up again to their final destination of the night. Not hovering in fear, but in defiance they come up on the last of the Pinkies, JJohnston. The 2 serial killers grab JJ and tie her down. Then Devyn, who was converted long ago on night 6 starts talking with a bottle of whiskey in one hand, and a long knife in the other....
"You pinkies, you think you can kill one of us and get away with it. Oh no, you are going to pay. Kind of ironic though, that last lynch vote, if they switched to me instead of LIS, it would be you and LIS finishing off the wolves instead of the other way around. Or if there was a tie, wow, then the villagers might even have one with a pinky and a wolf being killed in the same lynch. It makes the head spin thinking about it. Well, this is going to be fun, to be rid of you toothless killers, who could have won the game on their own".

And so began a long day of torturing poor old JJ, cutting her apart piece by piece, and feeding the pieces to the alligators in the Everglades. So JJohnston is in pieces, Hannah McKay who was killed, and then came back as Isaak's love Viktor Baskov, who killed a wolf single handed, and remained a pinky to the end.

Kind of fitting Dyachei survives this Floridian centered game. :thumbup:
Devyn, well she quietly stabbed y'all in the backs. :laugh:

Congrats to the converted wolves, who slipped by with very little suspicions!
Thanks to you all for playing.

Game over.

There are 2 converted wolves left.

Here is your final roster:

2- dyachei, Cody Morgan converted to Stan Liddy
9 - Devyn Captain Matthews converted to Jorge Orozco

17 - that redhead Dexter

4-tropictuco Debra Morgan
6 - Escalla Astor Morgan
11 - kpowell14 Joey Quinn
12 - sheepdog Nadia
14 -Lupin21 Angel Batista
16 -Wolfspeaker Maria Laguerta
18 - nohika Harry Morgan
19 - TremaVince Masuka
20 -Swings Frank Lundy
21 - WTF, Brother Sam
22 - Orcagirl Jane/John Doe?
23 - FTB James Gellar
24 -hedgie Jaime Batista
26- FH Rita Bennet
27. DocISwearImNotAWolfThisTimeEspana, the player formerly known as Jurg Yeliashkevych

1-SnS Miguel Prado
7 - jjohnston Hannah McKay resurrected as Viktor Baskov
10 - wildcatj Lumen Pierce
13 - Lab Rat83 Isaak Sirko
15 - The LIS Lila West with stolen alias of Sgt. Doakes and your Chief of Police

3-DVMD , Travis Marshall, Doomsday Killer
5 - kaydubssss, Brian Moser
8 - Jamr0ckin, Jordan Chase, Eugene Greer, Motivational speaking killer
25- FFM Arthur Mitchell, The Trinity Kiler

Reminder: links to all results can be found on post #1

Well that was a very exciting game. I knew Devyn was a wolf when she started using all smiley faces in her defense.

Well, it definitely kept us on our toes! Thanks SOV, I had a lot of fun. :) I'm looking forward to another one of your games. :thumbup:

I thought dyachei was converted so I was only protecting escalla for the last like four nights. Good game guys!

And if you don't mind me asking, was there a way to bring Dexter back to the good side?

Villagers

Dexter Morgan, Bay Harbor Butcher (that redhead)You are a very successful serial killer. If you are attacked by another serial killer, they will be unsuccessful and you can kill them the next night! You can search for your wife or girlfriends each night (not your victims, sorry). Once you find them you can protect each one time. If all of them die, you will join forces with the other serial killers. If either Astor or Cody are killed you can get a free kill the next night in revenge!

Harry Morgan, (nohika)Dexter's father. After being killed, you can communicate with Dexter. As an honest detective can check TWICE only if a player is a wolf.

Debra Morgan, (tropic) Dexter's sister. Policewoman. Promoted to Detective if Laguerta is killed. (when promoted can investigate if someone is a law enforcement officer). (if Dexter is converted she is no longer a villager &#8211; doesn't know it).

James Doakes, Orcagirl Detective. Doesn't like Dexter. Each night you can select one person to see if they are Dexter. When you find Dexter, you can choose to block his action 1 time in the game.
Rita Bennet Morgan, (foxhunter)Dexter's wife. You can send a kiss each night to a player and find out if they are a part of your family. Once discovered, you can PM them.

Maria LaGuerta, (WS)Police Lieutenant/Captain. Doesn't like Deb/Dexter. Keeps tabs on the actions of Dexter and Debra Morgan. Can search each night to find their identities. Can block once. Can monitor each of them one night to see what they are up to.

Angel Batista . (lupin21) Police Sergeant. Can investigate if a player is a serial killer!

Vince Masuka: (trem) You are a sleazy forensic scientists. You must post a revealing smutty picture (or disgusting in a non-sexual way). with every post but remember the SDN TOS.. Nothing that will get you (or me) in trouble. May learn important details about players.

Captain Matthews
: (Devyn) Can investigate if there is a relationship between any 2 players and will be told if there is one or if they players have a relationship with someone else.

Frank Lundy, (Swings)FBI Special Agent. Investigate character names.

Joey Quinn, Detective. (kpowell14) Protects Nadia by blocking the kill and killing someone else and is reported to Masuka or the highest ranking police officer alive. Can PM(i.e sleep with Nadia).

Astor Morgan(escalla) can PM Cody. Cannot be converted

Cody Morgan
(dyachei) can PM Astor. Can be converted.

Brother Sam: (WTF) Keeps spiritual tabs on Dexter. Can tell if Dexter has converted.

James Gellar, Professor(FTB). While you are alive, your understudy cannot kill or be investigated correctly. Upon your death he is released to do his thang. 3x can investigate someone's role

Jamie Batista
, Nanny.(hedgiehog) Protects Astor or Cody. If she protects&#8230; info sent to Masuka because he is a nosy bastard.

Nadia, exotic dancer(sheepie).: cannot die while Joey Quinn is alive. 2 times can distract a player (block their actions) by "shaking her jugs", but only twice, because we have to keep the family jewels rested for her night job. You can PM with Quinn.

Jurg Yeliashkevych,(DocEspana) bodyguard to Isaak. Isaak cannot die while Jurg lives. Can PM Isaak.

Non-aligned killers: You are serial killers who generally cannot kill! You may PM each other. If you have numerical superiority, you win!

Lila West/Lila Tournay. (LIS) One time you can kill someone and steal their identity (not their role).

Miguel Prado: (SnS)You can invalidate a vote each day because you are one corrupt dude.

Lumen Pierce:(wildcat) A Dexter girlfriend. You may investigate each night for the man who was trying to kill you.

Hannah McKay: (jj) A (hot, sexy) Dexter girlfriend. You cannot be killed at night, you are too elusive for that.

Isaak Sirko, Koshka Brotherhood. (labrat) Your love is so powerful that you can bring back one person from death (they will return as a non-aligned killer, Victor Baskov, Sirko's lover who has a one time ability to kill &#8211; this will be reported to masuka he he he.).

Wolves:
Brian Moser, Rudy Cooper, Dexter's brother. The Ice Truck Killer. . (kaydubs) Can ask for who has a certain characters role (except any of the Morgan family)? If the player is not in the game&#8230;. Too bad. Investigation reveals either Brian Moser or Rudy Cooper as name alternatively.

Arthur Mitchell
, The Trinity Killer. (FFM) Can kill 2 people if they are "linked" Why? because he is a bastard.

Jordan Chase
/Eugene Greer, motivational speaker. (Jamrockin) Can motivate people to become serial killers every 3rd night (max of 5 wolves at any time, and no more than 3 conversions). If dies, passes to Doomsday killer if still alive.

Travis Marshall, Doomsday Killer. (DVMD) Alias: Camilla Figg while James Gellar is alive. After he dies, you lose the alias. Also cannot kill until Gellar is killed.

Wolf Conversion names.
Jorge Orozco, alias George Washington King.
Stan Liddy, Corrupt cop
George Novikov, Dirty Dancer Owner

Elect a police commissioner: (LIS)
1 &#8211; Can strip one player of their role and assign it to someone else (not themselves &#8211; if it is a wolf or serial killer not going to work). Just told they don't have a role to strip.
2- Can PM one person a night.

Items:

Dream Item: As a high posting dead person, you have received the dream item. You can pick a player, and make up a way to kill them in their dreams. Be creative. Please kill someone who has not been dream killed before.If you do not want to partake, let me know, and I will move on to the next person.

And if you don't mind me asking, was there a way to bring Dexter back to the good side?

No. JJ was not resurrected as Hannah so that was not an issue (even if DocE thought I had somehow not thought things through properly :p)

Once the dark passenger took over, there was no turning back.

Honestly I had not thought that the 3 lovers of Dexter would be killed so quickly.