Sullivan University Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
haha me too! I tried to email but no answer

Members don't see this ad.

haha me too! I tried to email but no answer

If you check out website, there is a letter from Tran dated April 3 that the inaugural class is full. Count is as a blessing. Based on the lack of good communication from Sullivan and the quality of some of the people I know who did get in... I know I will not waste another $100 reapplying.

If you check out website, there is a letter from Tran dated April 3 that the inaugural class is full. Count is as a blessing. Based on the lack of good communication from Sullivan and the quality of some of the people I know who did get in... I know I will not waste another $100 reapplying.

What do you mean by "the quality of some of the people who did get in"? Are you referring to their academic achievements or something else?

Members don't see this ad :)
From their website:
The national average of entering pharmacy students with a Bachelors degree is 20-22%. In our class, we have 55% coming in with 4 years of undergraduate studies, of which 7% also hold a graduate degree such as an MBA, MPH, etc. The average GPA is approximately 3.3 for the class, with a 3.3 in general studies and a 3.2 in math and science.

I'd say a 3.3 is rather low....

I do have to say that communication is poor! IF the class is filled at the first of April.... then let people who have not been accepted know ( Email, letter, something)... Good luck to all who were accepted!

pharmacyanalyst - I can see your frustration. If I were you, I would try to contact the dean directly either by phone or email in regard to your waiting list status. Dean Tran has always been responsive toward all the questions/emails that I sent him. Afterall, you're on the waiting list and it does not hurt to ask. The class might be filled but there are chances that people might drop out at the last minute; therefore, rejecting letters to those on waiting list are on hold. Good luck!

From their website:
The national average of entering pharmacy students with a Bachelors degree is 20-22%. In our class, we have 55% coming in with 4 years of undergraduate studies, of which 7% also hold a graduate degree such as an MBA, MPH, etc. The average GPA is approximately 3.3 for the class, with a 3.3 in general studies and a 3.2 in math and science.

I'd say a 3.3 is rather low....

I think 3.3 is very solid for a new school. I think it might be lower as some students might back out as they are accepted to schools that they have been waitlisted. Schools like Appalachia, Tennessee, who are more established and opened recently had very similar stats. proly a tad bit lower, 3.1-3.2 i believe. Even california schools liek Western and Touro had mean gpa in 3.3 range last yr.

Plus GPA is not everything.

What do you mean by "the quality of some of the people who did get in"? Are you referring to their academic achievements or something else?

There is a point in what pharmanalyst is saying about the 'quality' of students that got accepted. The only right thing they did was applying early, even with a not so supber gpa nor other extracurricular activities. I heard they weren't the brightest nor top students at hicp, maybe former hicp wanna dean "Hasan" gave them a good recommendations, who knows, they might be his supporters. Afterall, he is teaching now at Spalding University in Kentucky. My point is that if you apply later, tough luck, when you application is more competitive, more experience, higher gpa, or more 'qualify' you just wasting your money. Maybe if you're <related> to one of the student, you just might have a chance. You have better luck at waiting to see if one of them drop out or fail the board to see the truth :oops:

Anyone can see and know that from the hicp experience that both Hassan and Monroe are crooks, liars or scammers. If he did, then I don't see why he wouldn't recommend them......i rest my point :bow:

3.3 is really high for an inaugural class. I believe USN was in the high 2's while UH Hilo was about 3.0.

Hey everyone,

The application has opened up for C/O 2012. Check out www.sullivan.edu/pharmacy and g'luck applying. Remember to apply early!

Has anyone on the waitlist heard anything? still nothing, I'm assuming I didn't get in but it would be nice to know either way...

I havent either! Glad I am not the only one in the boat~ Are u going to apply again?

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone still need a roomate? let me know!

Anyone get pulled from the waitlist?

has anyone started applying to sullivan yet?
anyone planning to retake the PCAT?

I just printed off the application forms. I will probably finish it up in the next couple of weeks. I am also taking the pcat for the first time on Aug. 23rd. I am applying to 6 schools overall.

So I met some HCIP former students and now are Sullivan students over the weekend. I had to check out the school's website and to my surprise, the college of pharmacy looks very nice from the outside. That school must be loaded. So if you've been to the campus, what are your thoughts?

Does anyone know if it's ok for application materials to be sent separately or if everything needs to be sent together? The website didn't really make it clear so I'm assuming it won't matter too much if my transcripts arrive about 2 weeks before the rest of my app., & my letters will be arriving at different times as well? I'm so lost w/o pharmcas hehe :D thanks guys

When I applied last year I sent my materials in separately and that was not a problem. You should call the school to ask if there are any changes to the policy this year. G'luck with your application process. :thumbup:

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to apply here yet, I've always wanted to move to a totally different part of the country but now that the time has come I think I may be chickening out and just applying to CA schools :laugh:. how do you like the school so far??

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm still not 100% sure if I'm going to apply here yet, I've always wanted to move to a totally different part of the country but now that the time has come I think I may be chickening out and just applying to CA schools :laugh:. how do you like the school so far??

I love the school! The prg is very organized here and everyone at the school want you to succeed and do well on the Naplex. I am from CA too and at first I was afraid about moving so far away from home. But trust me, KY is not that bad.

has anyone started applying to sullivan yet?
anyone planning to retake the PCAT?

I'm applying to Sullivan. I've sent in my application and one LOR has been sent. Transcripts and PCAT scores have been submitted. Just waiting on the last LOR and I'm good to go.

I am pulled off the waitlist for July 2008 and guaranteed a position for next year for the class of 2012 :D but i have already started pharmacy school :laugh: but I am sure i would've hated studying with no breaks for 3 years.

I am pulled off the waitlist for July 2008 and guaranteed a position for next year for the class of 2012 :D but i have already started pharmacy school :laugh: but I am sure i would've hated studying with no breaks for 3 years.

When were you pulled and did they automatically defer you or did you defer admission? Where did you get in?

So you applied for the Class of 2011 but they waitlisted you and just now pulled your name for 2012. How did they notify you- by email? It's an interesting way to waitlist people.

So you applied for the Class of 2011 but they waitlisted you and just now pulled your name for 2012. How did they notify you- by email? It's an interesting way to waitlist people.

Correct, I was notified by email but i will not be attending since I have already started a 4 year program. If i received the message much earlier it could've changed things but i'm not sure. Well the good thing is that I will get the entire summer off so that's pretty good but i heard they give you a few weeks off even in this 3 year program but don't quote me. I was told all i needed to do was submit a transcript and I am guareenteed a seat for the 2012 class meaning no interviews or anything since i did that for class of 2011. gluck

Hmm... I will be applying for a seat in next years class... only because its accelerated,...

Actually Sullivan is probably my #1 choice. Im from Louisville (currently at WKU) and if Im accepted my parents have offered my wife and I the addition they built onto their house. Not to mention I stayed down here at WKU for an extra year to wait for my wife to graduate (she agreed that if I wait for her to finish undergrad she would follow me wherever I get into pharmacy school regardless and I figured I would just finish a BS in Chem while Im here) so the whole 3-year thing will help me make up for this extra year here.:thumbup:

After that I know Im app'ng to UK and (as a safety I suppose) Cincinnati.

Can any current students attending Sullivan give me some feedback? I just got accepted today, and I'm very excited about the school, but do you have any thoughts on their non-accred. status, course load, organization, etc.? Thanks!

Can any current students attending Sullivan give me some feedback? I just got accepted today, and I'm very excited about the school, but do you have any thoughts on their non-accred. status, course load, organization, etc.? Thanks!

CONGRATS!!! I got accepted for next year also. I've been wondering the same thing, especially about the course load and what a typical weekly schedule looks like...

Just FYI, If you have a facebook account, there is a group for Sullivan Class of 2012 started in case you're interested.

Grats PharmMis08, I got wait-listed today. Guess it isn't too bad. If nothing opens up then Im in next year and still out 4 years from now.

CONGRATS!!! I got accepted for next year also. I've been wondering the same thing, especially about the course load and what a typical weekly schedule looks like...

Just FYI, If you have a facebook account, there is a group for Sullivan Class of 2012 started in case you're interested.

I am a 1st year student at Sullivan. The typical workweek consists of 2 exams and 2 to 3 quizzes per week. The workload is pretty tough and since it is an accelerated program, you need to be on top of the materials. G'luck to everyone.

Hello everyone! I have an interview next week. Any advice or tips I should know before I am evaluated?

Thanks Criz! I'm very excited. Good luck to you- hope you get in!

When was your interview CRIZ? I had mine about 2 weeks ago, but still haven't heard anything from them.

May I ask those who got accepted to Sullivan for next year. How do they notified your acceptance? And how long does it takes after the interview?

May I ask those who got accepted to Sullivan for next year. How do they notified your acceptance? And how long does it takes after the interview?

I interviewed December 1st and got a letter in the mail December 8th. It was dated December 3rd. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Has anyone not heard anything from Sullivan? The way I interpreted their website was everyone would hear something by around this time and I havent heard a peep since I got the confirmation email. I went ahead and forwarded by fall transcripts on yesterday but I'm just confused in general.

I was accepted- they notified me the week after my interview by email. I have a class to take in the spring so I won't get the official acceptance until I finish that. If everything is complete, they notify you by certified letter.

Has anyone not heard anything from Sullivan? The way I interpreted their website was everyone would hear something by around this time and I havent heard a peep since I got the confirmation email. I went ahead and forwarded by fall transcripts on yesterday but I'm just confused in general.

I haven't heard anything either. They received my application at the end of Oct. and I just sent my fall transcript today, too.

Thanks guys: GRATS to those who got accepted! Me, still anxiously waiting.

The dean of this school has the same name as my last name Tran.

Know what, he is the only reason i applied to Sullivan! I read his profile on SDN and extremely admired him, because i know there are many "Tran" pharmacists out there but very very few of them pursue research and academia. He makes us proud! (however, i declined my interview because i realized it was not practical for me to go there. It was just my impulsive decision to apply right after i was done reading about Dean Tran! But i wish i could meet him though!) I strongly believe Sullivan will grow even better because they have a great Dean! :thumbup:

:confused:I havent taken the PCAT yet. What is a good score you think to get accepted. :confused:

I had an interview on Dec. 18 and they told I wouldn't hear from them until after the holidays, so I have to wait anxiously as well. When did you have your interview ATLBOI?

I had an interview on Dec. 18 and they told I wouldn't hear from them until after the holidays, so I have to wait anxiously as well. When did you have your interview ATLBOI?

My interview was on Dec. 1. That is what exactly they told me.

do u guys have any idea of how many seats are still left for this cycle?
is there anyone who is still waiting for an interview or a response from sullivan? i submitted my application for about a month and a week already and still haven't heard anything yet..i think the class is almost full by now? hope up or down? hmmmm

do u guys have any idea of how many seats are still left for this cycle?
is there anyone who is still waiting for an interview or a response from sullivan? i submitted my application for about a month and a week already and still haven't heard anything yet..i think the class is almost full by now? hope up or down? hmmmm

I still haven't heard anything and I submitted back in October. From their website, it said that you would hear either way by November so I've been all confused.