Sullivan University Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shroomhead

shroomhead
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
IS any one going to apply to SU? Tuition I saw was 40K. They want you to send then your physical exam results..why???:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

IS any one going to apply to SU? Tuition I saw was 40K. They want you to send then your physical exam results..why???:confused:

Most schools require physical exam results, they just usually only require them AFTER acceptance. You may not find very many people that have Sullivan as their primary choice. This is primarily because it's a new program. That means no current students, and low profile/no reputation. (good/bad/otherwise.)

this is a very expensive private school that sends recruiters all over the country to states like oregon, california, washington to recruit students for their hospitality and culinary school from High School. This is not the like Pacific University or Touro that has successful osteopathic programs and other health schoolos. It also has yet to receive pre-candidate status.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying to sullivan. I went and met with the assistant dean last month and expressed interest in attending. he seemed very receptive

Cool me too, It will be exciting to be part of a charter school. I will keep you updated with my app process. I gotta make an appt. to see my doctor for the physical exam. What about you?

Yeah, I am going to get the physical soon. i am working on my personal statement now.

Sullivan sent out an e-update saying that physical info is not due at the time of application.

I can forward the email if you PM me your address

Has anyone submitted their applications yet?

The ACP folks aren't coming until November, and precandidate status might not be known till end of year.

Pacific U when through the same setup. The first class had been accepted, and classes nearly began before Pacific received its Pre-candidate status. This isn't all that uncommon.

Definitely give a call to admissions at Sullivan if you have some concerns. They should be able to talk to you about where they are - and how confident they are about receiving Pre-candidate.

~above~

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys:

I don't know if i'm just not looking hard enough but I cant find this info on sullivan's site.... is it rolling admission or not?

and it is a 3yr accelerated program? yes?

thanks!

I am applying to Sullivan- working on my personal statement right now and hopefully I will have my app in by the end of July. I live in Louisville so it is my only option.
Like a PP said- the physical/vaccinations are due before you begin the program not when you submit your app.

Hi Guys,
For those who have already sent in their application... Is there a LOR form or do your recommenders just send in letters?
Thanks!!

Hi Guys,
For those who have already sent in their application... Is there a LOR form or do your recommenders just send in letters?
Thanks!!
Im think you just send a letter because there is not a form posted.

It's a new school being started up. You can't expect them to have an established faculty as large as some of the state schools. What will matter in the first few years of the school will be the quality and comprehensive nature of the instruction. The # of teachers will grow as the school's success grows. The dean of Sullivan has a proven track record of starting up successful programs.

Anyone heard anything from them???

when did u apply? I heard they respond to people in a couple of days.

I send it out last week. I got an e-mail monday saying that they were waiting for my transcripts, but I think they should have gotten them by now. I was just wondering if it's true that they already accepted people, as someone claimed earlier in the thread. It says on their webpage that they are NOT rolling admissions. So I don't know where they stand. Does anyone know anything?

I know of someone that has been accepted to Sullivan. :D This is her 2nd year applying to pharmacy school so I'm SO happy for her.

i'm afraid to apply here cause of the non-accredation status, plus i'm all out of $$. but i think those of you who are applying will have a great chance of getting in since most people are skeptical about the same thing.

good luck to you all! :luck:

I sent in my application a few weeks ago and I have only had an email acknowledgment. I take the PCAT this Sat so I am hoping to hear something once they have the scores. I am REALLY nervous!!

I called the school and spoke with the dean and they can not interview and or accept any students until they recieve their status!! So no,nobody has been accepted. Hope this helps.

I called the school and spoke with the dean and they can not interview and or accept any students until they recieve their status!! So no,nobody has been accepted. Hope this helps.

well that sux!

what are your stats pharm dream??? if you dont mind me asking, that is!!! : )

3.5 GPA
B.S. Pre-Med/Biomedical Science in the Spring
PCAT ~70 (messed up the English b/c it's not my native language)
4 years Pharm Experience

I talked to someone who said they had "conditional acceptance". I didn't see the letter or anything so take that for what it's worth. Good luck- I hope we make it in! :D

I talked to someone who said they had "conditional acceptance". I didn't see the letter or anything so take that for what it's worth. Good luck- I hope we make it in! :D

Me too.

Pharmacyanalyst: As someone said, perhaps they are focused upon their ACPE visit next week.

I talked to 2 people taking the PCAT today who received conditional acceptances. They just have to score at least a 50. I'm a little bummed that it seems like they are taking a lot of people already. I'm not feeling very confident about getting in. :(

I talked to 2 people taking the PCAT today who received conditional acceptances. They just have to score at least a 50. I'm a little bummed that it seems like they are taking a lot of people already. I'm not feeling very confident about getting in. :(

Where did you guys meet? (state and city)

Where did you guys meet? (state and city)

(according to the school) They can't take anybody yet, becuase they aren't officially even a pharmacy school yet, they don't have accreditation!!!! Maybe they can conditionally accept people if they get good grades, but they also have to wait until they recieve status, and when I called and asked that process could take until January. After that they can officially accept people.

Do you know the stats of the people who were "conditionally accpted"????!!!!

(according to the school) They can't take anybody yet, becuase they aren't officially even a pharmacy school yet, they don't have accreditation!!!! Maybe they can conditionally accept people if they get good grades, but they also have to wait until they recieve status, and when I called and asked that process could take until January. After that they can officially accept people.

I dont know if I will apply because I don't want to wait til after January to know what i'm doing next year!!

Do you know the stats of the people who were "conditionally accpted"????!!!!
I took the test in Louisville, KY

They are "conditionally" accepted meaning if Sullivan passes this Oct visit, they will send out official letters to those people which may not be until Jan. One guy I met was conditionally accepted with no conditions so he will get in if they pass accreditation. I'm not sure why he was taking the PCAT because he had already taken it. The other person I met was a nurse and she was conditionally accepted pending her PCAT scores and I think she only needed a 50 or higher. I'm not sure what their GPA's were.

I don't know if anyone is interested or not, but I just called the school and talked to Page. She told me that the comittee will meet in two weeks and start intviting people to interviews. So they are not reviewing applications right now.

I don't know if anyone is interested or not, but I just called the school and talked to Page. She told me that the comittee will meet in two weeks and start intviting people to interviews. So they are not reviewing applications right now.

Do you mean the committee will visit the school in two weeks?
OR
The committee will meet to discuss their decision about giving Sullivan pre-candidate accreditation status.

Do you mean the committee will visit the school in two weeks?
OR
The committee will meet to discuss their decision about giving Sullivan pre-candidate accreditation status.

First sorry for any confusion.

They said that they have a committee who meet and review the applicants(from Sullivan i.e the dean, assistant dean, and others). I guess the reason for this is because some people came for pre-cardidate accreditation, and they will be there for a while. Therefore, the committee is preoccupied with that and is not making any decisions right now. She told me that I should be expecting something by e-mail in two weeks, once they resume their meetings.

I don't understand though, someone said that they got an e-mail today saying that he/she is accepted.

Hello Gang,
I received conditional acceptance from this university. I have been there and visited the facilities and everything..I have met with the dean and facione on August. After they recieve their pre-candidate status: this is the status that is required for the school so that they can admit students for the first inagural class, and then in our P1 year we will recieve Canidate status which has the same conditions as Full Accredited schools like University of Maryland, School of Pharmacy. SO with our Canditate status, We can still take the NAPLEX EXAM. Since KY has the second shortage for pharmacist, and because of the Dean and their hard work, they should not have any problems getting pre-canditate status. The governor of KY came to the school and did the ceremony for opening the class. We should be appreciative and thankful for this opportunity. Dont take anything for granted and don't blame anybody. Best of Luck to those applying and who will be going there.

Hey this school wants your PCAT scores sent to them directly, well I took mine in January, does anyone know where on the PCAT site I request my offical scores to be sent to Sullivan??? Also, do they need the physical exam before they can review your application or do they just need that eventually. Like if I am ready to turn everything in, should I wait until I get a date to get a physical or will they not review my app until then?? Thanks guys!

wait can only instate ppl apply...for the state section on the application, it says AL already...?? HELP!! I'm from PA!

sorry too many ?'s...for the GPA they ask on the application, is that what pharmcas says, or just from the most recent college?? I have two colleges...one CC (like I took 2 summer classes) and then the regular university I attend.. thanks ;)

but like how do you do it on the PCAT website... like can you request it online..where do you click? Sorry i'm retarted! haha

nevermind, i found the site. sorrry... but what bout the state already saying AL on it?? you can apply out of state right?

but like how do you do it on the PCAT website... like can you request it online..where do you click? Sorry i'm retarted! haha

There should be a link that says "request transcripts". You click that but you have to register and log in to the harcourt pcat site. Hope this helps.

nevermind, i found the site. sorrry... but what bout the state already saying AL on it?? you can apply out of state right?

You can change it if you fill out the application before you print it. It is a drop down menu that lists all states.

Also, do they need the physical exam before they can review your application or do they just need that eventually. Like if I am ready to turn everything in, should I wait until I get a date to get a physical or will they not review my app until then?? Thanks guys![/quote]

Fot those who subscribed to their e-mail list, they had sent out an e-mail back in the summer stating that you did not need to worry about the physical exam when sending in ur application, but it will be needed before you could start classes. I pulled out the phrase from the e-mail they sent:

First, we have made some slight changes in our application requirements. For the physical exam requirement, you do not need to send those results in along with your application. The results could be submitted before the first class begins in July 2008. In addition to the physical exam, please remember you must also submit a record of your immunizations.