You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
cornell?
Started by rabidd
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
does anyone know when cornell sends out final decisions to those not cool enough to get in the december batch
Yeah I'm wondering the same thing!
does anyone know when cornell sends out final decisions to those not cool enough to get in the december batch
Their website says "early March," on the admissions page and "mid March" on the status page...but I am dying to know the date!
I 😍Cornell!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You think they will come out with decisions this week? ... Email or Snail?
In December we got emails first followed by snail mail. Not sure what happens in March, but you could probably look at last year's thread. Good luck everyone! I'm almost positive I'm going to Cornell so I can't wait to see who else will be in the class 🙂
someone should call tomorrow and try to get a timeline
I talked to a friend who is a 2nd year and he said that they are interviewing until march 20th, and not to expect decisions til the end of march or early april
I read through last year's Cornell thread and it looks like acceptances went out via email March 12th, though they continued to interview until the end of March. People that called were told that decisions were still being made until the end of the Month -perhaps a few more acceptances went out after the 12th before they started waitlisting people, but no one on that thread. The year before it was the same thing, with all acceptances seemingly going out in one batch, but on the 17th .
Good luck everyone!
Last year:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=374094&highlight=cornell&page=4
Year before last:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=262297&highlight=cornell&page=4
Good luck everyone!

Last year:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=374094&highlight=cornell&page=4
Year before last:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=262297&highlight=cornell&page=4
i second that! I know it's not likely...heck it's probably not even possible for me. But part of me feels like, if i want it badly enough....maybe just maybe. I'd like for them to crush or confirm that dream sooner rather than later.Thanks for the research Dr2012. Here's to our day being closer to the 12th.
I really want to get into Cornell. And soon 🙂
Acceptances are out!! Check your email.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the email, timestamp 12:59. Good luck all!![]()
Congratulations! Anyone else?
Really?! Already?! Can anyone else confirm?
Beat me to it. Finally, someone who checks their email more than me...😀Just got the email, timestamp 12:59. Good luck all!![]()
damn, nothing 🙁
Are you talking about the secondary application site? Because that site doesn't work anymore...Is there a separate status check page?
I think he means this: http://osaf-status.med.cornell.edu/
This is what it says when I log in:
" Thanks for interviewing at WMC. The class is selected in mid-March and all decisions are mailed then. "
Did anyone who got the email get the same message? Or is it something different?
" Thanks for interviewing at WMC. The class is selected in mid-March and all decisions are mailed then. "
Did anyone who got the email get the same message? Or is it something different?
I think he means this: http://osaf-status.med.cornell.edu/
Checked the status page--it's not updated. It says something like, "the class is selected in mid-March."
No email 🙁
My last name starts with a C...
My last name starts with a C...
Congrats everybody! You should all join the Weill Cornell 2012 thread under allopathic class threads. Maybe it will get more action now that more people are accepted! 🙂
P.S. A few days after I was accepted in December the status checker said a decision had been mailed to me. After I sent in my response, it said they had received my offer. It never said congratulations or anything haha..
P.S. A few days after I was accepted in December the status checker said a decision had been mailed to me. After I sent in my response, it said they had received my offer. It never said congratulations or anything haha..
To those who have recieved the email:
Do you have a last name that is early in the alphabet?
Can those w/ late last names (S) feel a little better that perhaps they haven't gotten around to emailing us yet?
(Am I just making up reasons to justify not getting a fun e-mail just now?)
Thanks!
Do you have a last name that is early in the alphabet?
Can those w/ late last names (S) feel a little better that perhaps they haven't gotten around to emailing us yet?
(Am I just making up reasons to justify not getting a fun e-mail just now?)
Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an "S"...To those who have recieved the email:
Do you have a last name that is early in the alphabet?
Can those w/ late last names (S) feel a little better that perhaps they haven't gotten around to emailing us yet?
(Am I just making up reasons to justify not getting a fun e-mail just now?)
Thanks!
Doesn't Cornell sent out more than one batch during March?eh, bummer.
thanks
Who wants to call and ask whether or not this is the one and only batch? 🙂
Doesn't Cornell sent out more than one batch during March?
Oh wow, this gets my hopes up.
I can't call from work, but I agree that this would be good information to get!
here's to my third waitlist in one week.
here's to my third waitlist in one week.
Wait, how do you know it's a waitlist? Did they send out waitlist emails too? Does that mean ... no email = rejection (and *not* possible waitlist)?
Well, this sucks.
Does anyone know anything about when waitlists/rejections are sent out and what their waitlist movement is like.
Oh, and congrats to everyone who got in.
Does anyone know anything about when waitlists/rejections are sent out and what their waitlist movement is like.
Oh, and congrats to everyone who got in.
Wait, how do you know it's a waitlist? Did they send out waitlist emails too? Does that mean ... no email = rejection (and *not* possible waitlist)?
i am just assuming if you didn't get an email it is a waitlist. i could be wrong...
congrats everyone who got the email. cornell is an awesome place!
Did the people who got the great news today interview early/late? Any trend - still hoping!
my friend interviewed later than me and got accepted. i did not get an email yet.
Sorry to be a downer but I highly doubt they're sending out any other acceptances. It's just the way it goes. These admissions offices lie through their teeth (every time I call, I get erroneous info).
I had my best interviews at Cornell, and it looks like a waitlist for me. Same at Columbia. Sayonara NYC. Oddly, I've stopped caring since I already suffered my biggest disappointment last August.
Congrats to all who got in. 🙂
I had my best interviews at Cornell, and it looks like a waitlist for me. Same at Columbia. Sayonara NYC. Oddly, I've stopped caring since I already suffered my biggest disappointment last August.
Congrats to all who got in. 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so i guess it's a waitlist for me. ironically, i'm currently wearing a weill cornell shirt because i ran out of laundry today. i think i jinxed myself 





actually, looking at last year's thread, a waitlist is not a sure thing at all for those of us who did not get the email...keep your fingers crossed.
actually, looking at last year's thread, a waitlist is not a sure thing at all for those of us who did not get the email...keep your fingers crossed.
did they get emails later in the week or later in the day?
I interviewed at the end of January. Hope that helps.Did the people who got the great news today interview early/late? Any trend - still hoping!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K