You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Myers Briggs Personality Indicator
Started by aspiringDVM
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I've never taken an official one, but through this one, http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html#Inventory , I'm either ESFP or ESTP. I can't decide.
Last edited:
haha this was in pre-allo before. I am a ISTJ.👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh man, UF drills this into you at freshman orientation! ENFJ here 🙂
,
Last edited:
Motivational lspeaker Connie Podesta has a fascinating program around 4 basic shapes. Squares, Circles, Triangles, and Squiggles.
Pick the shape you most identify with and go to this site to see if her descriptions of your personality type are on target. Her message it it takes all shapes to make the world turn.
http://www.conniepodesta.com/shapes-thanks.html
Probably a lot of circles and triangles on this board.
Have fun!
PP
Pick the shape you most identify with and go to this site to see if her descriptions of your personality type are on target. Her message it it takes all shapes to make the world turn.
http://www.conniepodesta.com/shapes-thanks.html
Probably a lot of circles and triangles on this board.
Have fun!
PP
INTJ. Very rare, and even more so in females, I'm always the only one when we do Myers-Briggs in courses. ):
Last edited:
Another INTJ female here! 👍
INTJ. Very rare, and even more so in females, I'm always the only one when we do Myers-Briggs in courses. ):
Isfj!
I took an official MBTI about 10 years ago and was INTJ. Looking at the link provided earlier in the thread I'm not so sure I'd still fall into that category. I may take the official MBTI again and find out.
Another INTJ female here! 👍
If anybody is interested in getting this test done very officially, I know they actually offer the test in my school's career center for $15-20. You might have something similar at your college.
I just took a free online test so I am skeptical of its accuracy, but it pegged me as ESTJ. ESTJ party over here!
Edit: I just took another test and got ISTJ. Seems like I'm right on the border of extroverted/introverted, but I guess I'm quite STJ. For careers it suggests medical doctor, so that's pretty much spot on (since I doubt they have veterinarian).
Edit: I just took another test and got ISTJ. Seems like I'm right on the border of extroverted/introverted, but I guess I'm quite STJ. For careers it suggests medical doctor, so that's pretty much spot on (since I doubt they have veterinarian).
Last edited:
I've gotten both ENTP and ESTP at different times, with the nod towards N or S always very slight, and the rest with the balance way tipped in their favor (E T and P). I guess it depends on my mood when I'm taking it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ISFJ. I heart Myers Briggs.
Me too! Us ISFJers got to stick together! Lol
INTP, the dinky online version says! Never had the chance to take a fancier one. Bit curious, though.
ISFP from the test in post #2
Near textbook ISTJ here 😀.
Just took the online one posted above and came up ISTP.
Only 2.5 extroverts so far? Oh the internet!!
INTJ and female here.
INTJ female
Maybe there's a trend here!
Maybe there's a trend here!
Yet another INTJ girl here! Clearly we don't have a random sample of the population. I have also taken versions of the test MULTIPLE times, including some expanded out ones, and I am almost always INTJ.
ENFJ
Re-took it recently. Can't remember if I was a T or an F when I took it in high school. I guess I've become more F with age. The other letters I know were the same. I did score less strongly on E than I have in the past, though.
http://typelogic.com/enfj.html
You can click on the links on the top to read about all the types.
Re-took it recently. Can't remember if I was a T or an F when I took it in high school. I guess I've become more F with age. The other letters I know were the same. I did score less strongly on E than I have in the past, though.
http://typelogic.com/enfj.html
You can click on the links on the top to read about all the types.
I'm an INFP, which according to the link above is the same as James Herriot. Wee!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am ESFJ
Woohoo! I'm the same as Steve Irwin🙂
INTJ male
That's the test I used. Much less user bias and uncertainty.
That's the test I used. Much less user bias and uncertainty.
Yes, INTJ is a small percent of the general population. However it does make up a larger percent of veterinary students and is the majority of veterinary teaching faculty.
ISFJ: Introverted (28%) Sensing (19%) Feelings (75%) Judging (67%)
ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)
ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.) Because of all of this, ISFJs are often overworked, and as a result may suffer from psychosomatic illnesses.
ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.)
ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.) Because of all of this, ISFJs are often overworked, and as a result may suffer from psychosomatic illnesses.
INTJ female
Hmmm...with the new test I'm getting ESFJ! Well at least that's close to the first ESFP/ESTP...
I'm either ENTJ or INTJ depending on the test and how outgoing I feel at the time. 😉 For the Disc personality, I'm most strongly a D (dominant) and then not quite as strong for C (conscientiousness/compliance).
For any Harry Potter fans out there's a Myers Brigg Harry Potter personality test. So as an ENTJ or INTJ, I either get Minerva McGonagall or Severus Snape (my personal favorite). 😎
http://piratemonkeysinc.com/quiz.php
For any Harry Potter fans out there's a Myers Brigg Harry Potter personality test. So as an ENTJ or INTJ, I either get Minerva McGonagall or Severus Snape (my personal favorite). 😎
http://piratemonkeysinc.com/quiz.php
I was ISTJ when I took the real test roughly six years ago and came across my files yesterday. I just took a bunch of online ones, and now I'm scoring as yet another INTJ (female). Pretty funny that there are so many of us, but I'm kind of surprised there aren't more extroverts.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually am fairly extroverted and outgoing as I have little difficulty speaking up 😉 and I don't mind making the first move to talk to someone (usually), but I'm usually graded as an introvert on the MB tests because I prefer a movie night or going out to dinner with a few friends, taking a walk by myself with the dogs, or reading a good book to a big loud party where I know few people. *shrug*
ISFP here according to the first links test.
ISFJ according to the second link with more questions.
ISFJ according to the second link with more questions.
Last edited:
Took this one since I hadn't in awhile. Results still the same, I must be feeling more S than N today.

Your Type is
ESTP
Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
89 1 50 89
For any Harry Potter fans out there's a Myers Brigg Harry Potter personality test. So as an ENTJ or INTJ, I either get Minerva McGonagall or Severus Snape (my personal favorite). 😎
http://piratemonkeysinc.com/quiz.php
Good lord, ESTJ again! I am... Percy Weasley. 🙁
Only 2.5 extroverts so far? Oh the internet!!
Haha. I wonder if that is more related to the fact that we are all pre-vet or that we are all addicted to this forum.
I just took one of the online ones and I am INFJ. I've taken the real one before though I don't remember what I got. I am generally right in the middle on almost all of them.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 58
- Views
- 23K