You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Myers Briggs Personality Indicator
Started by aspiringDVM
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My result: ESTJ. Apparently that's a very masculine type... :/ but it holds true for sure. You either love me or you hate me.
I'm ESTJ, as well, and the description that I just read fit me ridiculously well. We had to take the Meyers-briggs test before orientation and I guess they tried to put a little bit of everything in each group.
Some tidbits that made me laugh because they're so true
-In general, ESTJ children play hard, give orders to all (parents included), and want two main things: that their parents be parents and act according; and that structure, schedule, and definition be imposed upon them by someone.
-Courses that are the most structured, with practical, tangible results, will appeal most to ESTJ students.
-Two slogans that describe ESTJs' philosophy in the workplace are "Don't fix what ain't broken." and "Anything worth doing is worth doing well."
I'm INTJ. Apparently this is unusual. I don't know why though.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm ESTJ, as well, and the description that I just read fit me ridiculously well.
Are you a guy or girl ESTJ? I am a chick so that makes it a bit worse for me, since male ESTJs are perceived as simply very macho, and female ESTJs are labeled as somewhat of a crazy b....
-In general, ESTJ children play hard, give orders to all (parents included), and want two main things: that their parents be parents and act according; and that structure, schedule, and definition be imposed upon them by someone.
-Courses that are the most structured, with practical, tangible results, will appeal most to ESTJ students.
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes.... words of the day are structure and practicality. That's why I have so much trouble with vet school bc we rarely are presented things in a manner that shows us practical, clinical applications. It's always just facts by themselves which ring useless to my ears.
Bearby is a lovely laydeh.
ESTJ also, here. (And, I'm female also...)
But, really, not quite. Guessing that that E is really E/I. I really enjoy my me time and my private time, though I also like going out and such, so.
Most of the rest of what everyone is saying about ESTJ describes me to some degree or another, however. Especially structure and schedule. Yes please to both of those. And don't mess with my plans.
But, really, not quite. Guessing that that E is really E/I. I really enjoy my me time and my private time, though I also like going out and such, so.
Most of the rest of what everyone is saying about ESTJ describes me to some degree or another, however. Especially structure and schedule. Yes please to both of those. And don't mess with my plans.
Bearby is a lovely laydeh.
Thanks TT!
Yeh, I like to think of it as having a strong personality. I'm good a being nice, but I'm also good at telling you like it is. I have patience, but the amount of crap I'm willing to deal with from you has an inverse relationships with how well I know you (i.e. new people get a lot of patience, best friends are going to hear the cold hard truth). I have no idea if this has to do with it at all, but I was very much a tom boy growing up and still would rather go out and have a beer and watch football on sunday than go get manicures and martinis. I played every sport under the sun and was the only girl on all of my teams (but I was still better than most of the boys) plus, almost all of the neighborhood kids that were my age were boys. I like being strong and authoritative and honestly if people can't handle it, I probably don't want to surround myself with them.
Anyway, point being, I'm a girl/woman/female/whatever-you're-called-at-this-age but I'm one that doesn't shy away from a fight or from an opportunity to be on top (sounds dirty hehe). I am most definitely not a barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, waiting for her man kind of woman.
Thanks TT!
Yeh, I like to think of it as having a strong personality. I'm good a being nice, but I'm also good at telling you like it is. I have patience, but the amount of crap I'm willing to deal with from you has an inverse relationships with how well I know you (i.e. new people get a lot of patience, best friends are going to hear the cold hard truth). I have no idea if this has to do with it at all, but I was very much a tom boy growing up and still would rather go out and have a beer and watch football on sunday than go get manicures and martinis. I played every sport under the sun and was the only girl on all of my teams (but I was still better than most of the boys) plus, almost all of the neighborhood kids that were my age were boys. I like being strong and authoritative and honestly if people can't handle it, I probably don't want to surround myself with them.
Anyway, point being, I'm a girl/woman/female/whatever-you're-called-at-this-age but I'm one that doesn't shy away from a fight or from an opportunity to be on top (sounds dirty hehe). I am most definitely not a barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen, waiting for her man kind of woman.
Yea! Me too!
ESTJ also, here. (And, I'm female also...)
But, really, not quite. Guessing that that E is really E/I. I really enjoy my me time and my private time, though I also like going out and such, so.
Most of the rest of what everyone is saying about ESTJ describes me to some degree or another, however. Especially structure and schedule. Yes please to both of those. And don't mess with my plans.
I too am on the lower end of the E spectrum... but I am sociable and likeable, so mostly I am E.
I too am on the lower end of the E spectrum... but I am sociable and likeable, so mostly I am E.
Actually, sociable and likeable have little to do with whether you're an MBTI extrovert or introvert. The spirit of the classifications are where you primarily direct your energies, both attentive and expressive. So extroverted people aren't necessary social butterflies, and introverted ones aren't necessarily shy or reclusive. It's a bit different from the conventional use of the terms.
Purdue did a DISC assessment (D-Dominant, I-Influence, S-Steadiness, C-Concientiousness) instead of a Myers-Briggs, I turned out to be DIS, which was uncommon to have 3 letters be so dominant and I was categorized as a "counselor"-type personality. we loved taking this test and it really showed how much of our class was actually not a dominant type. We had more S and C type personalities than Ds and Is. But now that we are all "labelled" we laugh and notice how much each type of our personalities come out.
I did a short myers-briggs online after this test and i got an ESTJ, but I don't think it really categorized me well when I read the description.
I did a short myers-briggs online after this test and i got an ESTJ, but I don't think it really categorized me well when I read the description.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 58
- Views
- 23K