Myers Briggs Personality Indicator

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hm, I picked ISTP for the first one, but on the second test with more questions, I got ISTJ, and J was my strongest preference (78%)! I also got ISTJ on the Harry Potter one (which is awesome, by the way), which makes me Hermione Granger. Reading the different descriptions on the sites, I'd definitely go with ISTJ now. Not sure why I came up with P before...
 
ENFJ... moderately expressed on everything but the "j", though (distinctively expressed), which i'm finding amusing but a little scary, what exactly do they mean by "judging"? :-s
 
Shoot, on the more detailed one I got INTJ too!

[SIZE=+1]Your Type is
[SIZE=+2] INTJ[/SIZE][/SIZE]
Introverted
Intuitive Thinking Judging
[SIZE=+0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE]
56 38 12 56

I certainly wasn't trying for anything - haven't paid enough attention to remember the traits of each type. So, I guess it's true?

Now to try the Harry Potter one...

Got ISTJ for that one. Hermione, whoo.
​
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was Googling to see how rare the INTJ personality type is (Evidently less than 1% of the population 😱) and came across this breakdown of the personality type.



Pretty accurate for me. Actually very accurate and unfortunately true on the part about the interpersonal relations bit, which explains me being on here this Valentine's Day lol.
 
I'm a ISFJ male, although, according to the first link I was ISFP because my best work is done right before a deadline. I've been battling procrastination for a while and I think I've pretty much conquered it! Looking at famous ISFP's, I am definitely not one! Marie Antionette? John Travolta?
 
Last edited:
I got INFJ instead of ENFJ on the Harry Potter test (I definitely oscillate between E/I depending on my mood!) and that makes me Dumbledore! Can't complain about that!
 
Another INTJ female here 😀!

Famous people of your particular type
Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, Marie Curie, Guy Kawasaki, Igor Sikorsky, Hillary Clinton
 
Last edited:
Here's what I got. It says I'm "The Counselor" and "The Idealist." Sounds about right.

[SIZE=+1]INFJ [/SIZE]




You are:
  • moderately expressed introvert
  • moderately expressed intuitive personality
  • distinctively expressed feeling personality
  • slightly expressed judging personality
Same as Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Jane Goodall, and Eleanor Roosevelt! Cool! 😀
 
Last edited:
I was an ISFJ for the first test, and an ISTJ ... and I'm Hermoine.

Ugh, I don't like Ron, I'm more into George, really. 😛
 
Hmm, I got INTP on the first one ....

ESTJ on the second one ...

and ENFP on the Harry Potter one!!!

😕 Does this qualify as multiple personality disorder?
 
Hmmm....took one test and it said I was ISFJ. Took the Harry Potter one and it said I was INFJ-which is Dumbledore. Took a third and it said I was ISFJ again.
 
Last edited:
The test online is not the official Myers-Briggs personality test, hence the varying personalities. The official test is not allowed to be utilized unless you get your results and have a consultation session afterwords trained by someone who can go over the results with you.

At OSU you do DiSC first year and Myers-Briggs second year (complete with an information session after them). In my opinion, and from observations from these sessions, the vet pool is skewed in an odd way dissimilar from other professional schools. For example, for DiSC the "D" and "i" (or the dominant/outgoing) personalities are vastly underrepresented (of course I am a strong D/i). In law/med they seem to attract more dominant personalities.

Personally, I found the DiSC profile to be much more helpful than MB (ESTJ - all very strongly) and if you are really interested I would recommend a book called The Color Code.
 
At OSU you do DiSC first year and Myers-Briggs second year (complete with an information session after them).

Cool. 😉

One more thing to be excited about!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You folks DO know the Meyers-Briggs is astrology, right?

It is based on Jung's archetypes and Jung based his archetypes on astrology. He wrote letters to Freud about how he spent his nights do charts and that the answers sought in psychology were pre-ordained in the stars.

Seriously.

Google it ... astrology and meyers-briggs. Google Jung and meyers-briggs.

The letters are online and available through a German site that has the Jung collection and some Freud stuff.

For even more fun, check out Kiersey's temperament analysis (David Kiersey) and if you get through that knock-off, I will post my emails back and forth with Kiersey (about 10 years ago) when we were discussing the origin of his work. He was quite surprised, but did agree, it was based on Jung's work that was actually a spin-off from astrology.

Personally, I don't put much stock in MB analysis other than as an interesting classification after-the-fact for a given set of circumstances presented.

The validity of the "tool" in decision-making is not very useful, IMNSHO. I prefer to use my own experience, judgment and instincts in regard to how to manage and deal with people.

If you need MB to help you get along or manage, you really need to re-think your people skills in general.

Don't you think the scientific method ROCKS?! That is, deductive reasoning with a good dose of logic. Of course, inductive reasoning also has an important role - as fodder for deductive reasoning and logic! And hence science advances.

And yes, I do consider psych as a non-science or a pseudo-science at best. Descriptive studies have some validity as predictive models, but are hardly the be-all, end-all. Given the variables at play ...
 
ESFJ

Can't be true. I'm a misanthrope at heart.
 
another INTJ female... although I got ISTJ on the first test with no questions
 
At OSU you do DiSC first year and Myers-Briggs second year (complete with an information session after them). In my opinion, and from observations from these sessions, the vet pool is skewed in an odd way dissimilar from other professional schools. For example, for DiSC the "D" and "i" (or the dominant/outgoing) personalities are vastly underrepresented (of course I am a strong D/i). In law/med they seem to attract more dominant personalities.

That's interesting, as we did the DiSC first year too and I'd say the Ds and the Cs were the most strongly represented by far. There were not a ton of Is or Ss. I'm a very strong D, moderately strong C, very low I, and moderately low S.
 
Male here

Your Type is INTJ
Introverted 74
Intuitive 75
Thinking 81
Judging 48

lol, don't really understand what all these categories mean, but g/f says it fits me perfectly - Hmm
 
Here's another "tool"

www.assessment.com

Take the little quiz thingy and match up to 5 free job matches. Make sure you put in a fake email address unless you want email from this company.

My best "fit"? Prosthodontist.

Uh oh.
 
Well, i did that Assessment site. I got confused half way through the site (after I did the all questions) You'll see what I mean - like 20 different things to click, pay $100 for this, $200 for this pie chart, $300 for a certificate of merit for completing the test, ect. - Not sure what my "best fit job" was, but got:

"you are a Level 1 job match to the "Veterinarians" job. On a scale of 1-5 - a Level 1 is an excellent possibility!"

Thank god! - I can go forward now with what I always knew.

I know a few companies actually use Myers-Brig tests to hire, so it might be a good idea to learn how to fake them 🙂
 
ESTJ male here. In a previous job I was able to meet a large number of Veterinarians around the state, and I'll say I'm not suprised by all the introverts (from my experience).
 
Another INTJ girl here. I took the test a while ago and just again now, still the same type.
 
All of psychology as a whole? That's a pretty pompous statement to make IMO.

Perhaps. "Vast majority" sound better?

Show me science and repeated, verified conclusions and I will listen.

The plural of anecdote <> data.

And we are all entitled to our opinions - you to yours and me to mine.

The difference is that I do not attack you personally.

🙂
 
ISFJ on one of the online and ESFJ on the Harry Potter one...guess the I and the E are what depend on the day for me!!! Either way i'm a "Guardian" 🙂
 
Another INFJ/Dumbledore here....Made my SO (who's kind of a big guy) take the Harry Potter one, and he's Hagrid. 😛
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Perhaps. "Vast majority" sound better?

Show me science and repeated, verified conclusions and I will listen.

The plural of anecdote <> data.

And we are all entitled to our opinions - you to yours and me to mine.

The difference is that I do not attack you personally.

🙂

Not all opinions carry equal weight - I'd take the opinion of a veterinarian over a mechanic in matters pertaining to animal health any day.
Psychology certainly isn't a physical science, but most people would argue that evolution isn't a physical science either, just because something isnt a physical science doesn't put it in the realm of pseudoscience.

Doesn't Ethology fall under psychology (human vs. animal?)

Show me science and repeated, verified conclusions and I will listen.

A Pavlovian Response is psychology - pretty sure its been repeated and verified once or twice.

Don't think anyone is attacking you here, just your statement -

As far as

It is based on Jung's archetypes and Jung based his archetypes on astrology. He wrote letters to Freud about how he spent his nights do charts and that the answers sought in psychology were pre-ordained in the stars.

So what. I don't know if these personality types mean anything, but to bash the study because the creator used astrology as a foundation is ludacrous. You may be right, but your argument is flawed. There have been many, probably the best, scientific minds throughout history who pulled their (scientific) theories from their metaphysical beliefs.

The fact that Carl Jung was wrong about a lot of things, doesn't make his contribution the study of psychology any less noteworthy. Technically, Newton was wrong about EVERYTHING, but we still teach Newtonian physics in colleges, disregarding relativity even though it does effect the outcome at the 0.0000001 level.

Finally,

And yes, I do consider psych as a non-science or a pseudo-science at best.

I think you have your terms confused. A pseudo-science is much worse for society and the advancement of real science then a 'non' science.
 
Last edited:
The difference is that I do not attack you personally.

🙂

I didn't attack you either, just the statement.

I'm not really sure where to begin with psychology. I mean, you do know that psychology is a really huge area with many subfields, right? And a lot of it is intertwined with biology as well...I just don't know what you're discounting there, and it seems like quite a leap from "this one guy had a questionable viewpoint about one thing" to "his entire field is discredited."
 
I've been tested more than once and I'm an INTP...

Strong on the I, N and P, weaker on the T part.

So my next closest is INFP...

I find these types of tools helpful... but I don't try to conform to a mold...
 
INTP for every test I took (and I took like 20 of them including the official school one).

Although Harry Potter test claims I am Severus Snape (INTJ)...how fitting indeed 😎

Could I possibly procrastinate more before my parasitology quiz?
 
Not all opinions carry equal weight

AGREED!!! And that's not directed at anyone in this convo... but in life in general... soooooooooooo true 🙄

Technically, Newton was wrong about EVERYTHING, but we still teach Newtonian physics in colleges, disregarding relativity even though it does effect the outcome at the 0.0000001 level..

Awe cut a supergenius a break 😍, let's just say he was ever so slightly off base.... 😳





LOL
 
Okay, so my last post said that I was signing off...Ugh, I guess I really don't want to study.

Anyhow, I'm an ENFP - it was really scary how much that fit my personality, everything was RIGHT on. Whoa! Strange to think I can be put in a box like that - comforting and disconcerting at the same time...
 
Bit of a rehash...

But this site tells how it really is... http://www.xeromag.com/fun/personality.html

Me:

INTJ: The outside contractor

INTJs are solid, competent personalities who may seem aloof and even arrogant, but who are typically highly skilled in any field which interests them. INTJs are confident in their skills and knowledge, self-assured, and imaginitive; their exceptional problem-solving skills make them ideal architects, auto mechanics, and tools of the evil empire. While it requires the driving will to conquer of an ENTJ to imagine the Death Star and the evil genius of an ENTP to invent its devastating weapons systems, the skill and technical prowess of the INTJ is what makes the whole thing work.

The INTJ sees life as a problem to be solved. For that reason, the INTJ is the person a company brings in from the outside to streamline production processes and identify redundant assets for termination. The INTJ's combination of analyticial problem-solving skills and complete and utter disregard for the morality or consequences of his actions also make him ideal for the job of hatchet man, CIA operative, and helpdesk operator.

RECREATION: INTJs are often baffled by the strange and incomprehensible recreational rituals of other people, such as going to parties, watching television, and having sex. Instead, they prefer to spend their leisure time installing twin missile launchers in their cars to deter tailgaters and playing chess with megalomaniac CEOs of the Tyrell corporation.

COMPATIBILITY: Silly person, INTJs don't have relationships! They may, however build their own friends. - I lol'ed

Famous INTJs include J. F. Sebastian and Sgt. Apone.
 
ENTP: The Mad Scientist

The ENTP, like the ENTJ, is charismatic, outgoing, and intelligent. ENTPs are often quickwitted, clever, and genial; they typically display a highly organized, rational cognitive ability which makes them natural scientists and inventors.

ENTPs are creative, complex people who seek to improve their understanding of the natural world, usually by building armored fifty-story-tall robotic monsters with iron jaws and death-ray eyes, or by creating genetically mutated plagues that spread unstoppably across the land, turning all who are contaminated into mindless zombie drones. They are less likely to want to conquer the world than to destroy it utterly, reducing it to nothing but slag and rubble--though this is often merely a side-effect of their pursuit of knowledge.

RECREATION: ENTPs enjoy recreational activities which challenge them physically and intellectually, such as water skiing and porting Linux to their iPods. They are also fond of collecting gadgets like combination cellpone/PDAs and orbiting arsenals of brain lasers, which they may port Linux to as well.

COMPATIBILITY: ENTPs and ENTJs make natural companions, as the one's unspeakable hunger for power complements the other's unspeakable hunger for knowledge. They do not generally build successful relationships with ESFJs, as ENTPs they are prone to behaving in inconveniently erratic ways, which pisses ESFJs off to no end; and because ENTPs simply do not know how to dress appropriately for formal occasions.

Famous ENTPs include Spencer Silver (the inventor of Post-It Notes), Robert Oppenheimer, and Dr. Jeckyll.

:laugh:
 
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]ISFP.[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]: The Crackpot.

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]ISFP personalities are characterized by their impulsiveness, their defiance of conformity and orthodoxy, and their competitive natures. Taken together, these traits make up the ideal crackpot. While an ISFP's personality might seem flighty and their attention span short to an outsider, ISFPs live by the motto "Life is best approach--oh, look, potato chips!".

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]ISFPs are always on the cutting edge of new trends. Whether it's podcasting, taking up guitar, or running away to a far-off east African compound and joining a doomsday apocalyptic cult, ISFPs are always following their hearts and quickly embracing new ideas. However, they tend to be fleeting in their passions, which means they often may lack the dedication that marks a true cultist. While ISFPs often lack the dedication most people give to careers and family, they can still support themselves in more unorthodox ways, like by selling blood plasma, turning tricks, and mooching off their family..

Side note: I did consider this once as a source of income during school...

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]RECREATION: ISFPs enjoy activities that cater to their emotional passions, and often pursue many hobbies, such as music, painting, sculpting, and running off to Vegas to marry that cute waitress from Mack's Truck Stop over on Route 9. Whenever God speaks to someone, it's usually an ISFP..

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]COMPATIBILITY: ISFPs do well in relationships with ISFJs and with anyone they meet in Las Vegas..

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Famous ISFPs include Joan of Arc and--oh, look, potato chips!.
 
According to this I'm a martyr?

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]ISFJ.[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]: The Martyr.
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]If you are an ISFJ, you are giving, generous, and believe strongly in sacrificing yourself to serve your fellow man. Whether you're spending the entire weekend cooking souffle for your husband's big dinner with his boss or giving over your body as a vehicle for the Shoggoth from beneath the ancient city of the Old Ones so that the Great Gods can rise again, selflessness and service are your hallmarks..

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]This generosity of spirit makes ISFJs admirably suited for any career positions involving being tied to altars or ancient ritual daggers. ISFJs also do well in positions such as teacher, doctor 🙂)), and crack *****. .

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]RECREATION: ISFJs are of such a self-sacrificing nature that recreation does not come easily to them. Their leisure pursuits often express their inner natures; thus, they often amuse themselves and provide endless entertainment for those around them by being moody and passive-aggressive..

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]COMPATIBILITY: ISFJs do well in relationships with ENTJs, who take their self-sacrifice for granted and expect no less from their minions. They also do well with ESFPs, because...well, ESFPs will shag anyone..

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Famous ISFJs include Thomas the Martyr, Tertullian the Martyr, and Theka the Martyr.
 
ENTP

a couple of studies suggest that as you age/gain life experience/etc you will be increasingly borderline on the variables because you will read things and think 'it really depends on the situation.'
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the short one, I came out borderline INTJ/ISTJ, but on the longer one I'm an ISTJ. Which are meant to be doctors, apparently. Or homemakers. I'm very okay with option 1, and totally uninterested in option 2. :laugh:
 
This is VERY interesting... I've never seen so many INTJs in one place!! Amazing!! I've 'had' to take and administer the MBTI a number of times given my background and am one of those rare INTJs (with my I/E being quite close).

I was always the only one - male or female - until my last job... We had one of those 'team building' days and they gave it to the entire department (100+ folks). For the first time in my life another one emerged from the crowd: the department director who so happened to be a female DVM.

So, it would seem that all of my fellow female INTJs are hiding in vet med! Who knew?? Kind of cool if you think about it! 🙂
 
This is VERY interesting... I've never seen so many INTJs in one place!! Amazing!! I've 'had' to take and administer the MBTI a number of times given my background and am one of those rare INTJs (with my I/E being quite close).

🙂

I agree!! Speaking of being rare, I'm an INFJ and if I'm not mistaken, INFJ's are the rarest of all...something like 1% of the population (although some experts say 2%, but who the heck really knows for sure? Seriously!) However, for all it's worth, I envy INTJ's. I am way too much of a Feeler!!:cry: Bah!
 
Last edited:
I took a management skills class a couple of years ago and the prof I had was REALLY into the Myers-Briggs test. I wish I remembered more of what he said about common/uncommon types and the types of careers different personalities concentrate in.

I am a strong ISTP. It was a couple of years ago during this class I took it but I remember not being split of any of the letters.