PCOM Housing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mswise34

MARSHALL
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone who has been admitted to the PCOM 2010 class (or anyone for that matter) have an idea of a good place to live near campus? I'm from S.C. and do not have easy access to look around. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

mswise34 said:
Does anyone who has been admitted to the PCOM 2010 class (or anyone for that matter) have an idea of a good place to live near campus? I'm from S.C. and do not have easy access to look around. Any help is greatly appreciated!

msw how are you?

come in the PCOM class of 2010 chatroom if you are on now and I will tell you what I have found out. Take care.

There is a lot of good info in the thread from the class of 2009 if you search for it. Otherwise here is my quick run-down of the best places that are CLOSE to campus (ie around a mile). This is also my just my opinion...keep that in mind.

I don't know too much about places that are a little further...as traffic around here is brutal and I didn't even consider living further then a few miles from the school. In no particular order my top two: Beekman Place (where I live- 100% satisfied) and Greenbriar. Both are all-inclusive w/ utilitites, extremely close to campus and decent amt of space...great bang for your buck. There are some other very popular ones right around here, but for different reasons I don't like them as much as the above 2.....Presidential, Duffield, Lincoln Green and Imperial. Good luck w/ your search...I would reccommend setting up few days to come up here w/i the next few months to actually check the places out and form your own opinions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check nucleus' Housing Group on PCOM's website. People are looking for roomies. I agree with Taus..take a couple days and go up to Philly and check out some spots. If you can make it up there...a fellow PCOMer c/o 2010 is going up to philly with me March 4-March 7th to check out some apts.

PM me if u think you can make it. I know its very very short notice. We got a good deal on a hotel 29 bucks a night (God I love hookups). :rolleyes:

medhacker said:
msw how are you?

come in the PCOM class of 2010 chatroom if you are on now and I will tell you what I have found out. Take care.
what's up medhacker? hope all is well! Where is the PCOM class of 2010 chatroom?

mswise34 said:
what's up medhacker? hope all is well! Where is the PCOM class of 2010 chatroom?

It's in nucleus homie, pass the word so we can talk to some people from our clazz :laugh:

If you haven't already gotten it, shortly after you pay your deposit they will send you a binder with a bunch of information in it. One of the sections inside is specifically dedicated towards housing, and one page lists the different areas of Philly with both their positive and negative aspects. It also tells the approximate travel time to campus from each area. As helpful as it is, it's still a difficult decision and I would suggest visiting the area before deciding. You don't want to be paying rent every month to a place that you don't like and you chose just because it's close to campus or some one told you that they like it there. Good luck and see you this summer!

does anyone know if there is any housing available that allows pets, and if so, is it good housing?

notnarcsDO said:
does anyone know if there is any housing available that allows pets, and if so, is it good housing?

There are plenty of townhomes in the area that allow pets. Specifically I know of some in East Falls and Wynnewood. There are a ton of students that live on my block with pets.