2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still under review since August, should I give up hope at receiving an interview (I was accepted to KCU in December but wanted some more options as well)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To my knowledge, the drastic change is due to our new curriculum, which is referred to as PCOM ONE. Sorry in advance, but I am not familiar with how things were previously taught. I too wonder why it is considered data for 2023-2024, but that is something that I can certainly look into.
Would really appreciate this, thank you!
It’s just confusing because what is the 96% pertaining to and if that is true, why is it not on the website? I get things take time but damn, 83% first time pass doesn’t look the best so I would think they would want to put 96%.
Is the curriculum systems based? Traditional? Green weekends? Boards based exams or in house? 2 pass system? What are the differences from the previous curriculums to boost this year’s M2 performances?

Again, I appreciate your response! The transparency is just very limited and interesting when the administrations doesn’t state why scores are like this and what they’re specifically doing.

At the end of the day, it would be critical for us to know how they are addressing their weakness to improve students educations and not just rely on PCOM’s reign as a founding DO school.

It is a centralized systems-based curriculum across our three campuses, with a more board-focused second pass during our second year. Unfortunately, that is the extent of my knowledge, but I agree with you.

EDIT: with in house exams
Thank you so much for your responses, fr.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats future doctors! For your information, our COMLEX level 1 pass rate is ~96%. This is different from the rate that is currently reflected in our program data. According to one of our curriculum deans, it is subject to change pending the results of a small number of remaining exams, which is why our program data has yet to be updated from last year. I hope you all keep this in mind when deciding where to commit!
No offense, but while I appreciate your responses I don't want to make a decision based off hearsay from a student. And I don't really think admin would appreciate a student blasting unpublished data all over the Internet either but that's just my opinion. Until I see actual figures from admin I'm going with that 83%. But that doesn't change the fact that PCOM was lower than a lot of other schools pre-curriculum change and pre-covid. It's just concerning and idk why no one ever mentioned it before.

I was looking to sign with Meta Christy House but then I stumbled across this on google reviews. Does anyone have recommendations for other places to live in?

1707856734205.png

I was looking to sign with Meta Christy House but then I stumbled across this on google reviews. Does anyone have recommendations for other places to live in?

View attachment 382487
I will chime in on this as it was a shocking situation that caught a lot of us by surprise, but I will say that I heard this secondhand so I do not know a lot of the details of this event. The response to this by the management at Meta Christy House has been pretty silent and a lot of the residents were rightfully furious after finding out about it. I do hope that this situation is addressed and action is taken to make sure that something like this does not occur again to not only students, but also to anyone who comes to PCOM's campus. For now, it might be best to look elsewhere for housing for the time being.

GOT THE phone call TODAY…. It’s an A!!!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 1/26!!

However, I don’t think I will be attending so I hope it goes to someone else 💜
I interviewed same day and only got an email with no call, anyone have any idea why they only call some

I interviewed same day and only got an email with no call, anyone have any idea why they only call some
I’m not entirely sure but, I knew the admissions counselor from an event so they remembered my name and called (according to what they said on the phone to me lol)

Last edited:
No offense, but while I appreciate your responses I don't want to make a decision based off hearsay from a student. And I don't really think admin would appreciate a student blasting unpublished data all over the Internet either but that's just my opinion. Until I see actual figures from admin I'm going with that 83%. But that doesn't change the fact that PCOM was lower than a lot of other schools pre-curriculum change and pre-covid. It's just concerning and idk why no one ever mentioned it before.
Agreed on this as well. I hope this doesn’t get buried in the thread. ‼️

That guy is a frequent on SDN, so maybe he can chime in himself

@fxryker
I will say that the school is trying to deal with this internally and it now looks like the review has been deleted. My guess is that since his account is identifiable, they probably talked with him about the public review and also that he probably does not want to say the wrong thing on here that could cause him to get in trouble. And I personally had learned about what had happened until the news started to spread on campus.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve been in the 4 bar purgatory since September. Does PCOM typically send out II later in the cycle?

Reactions: 7 users
I’ve been in the 4 bar purgatory since September. Does PCOM typically send out II later in the cycle?
They indeed do. If I recall correctly from last cycle, they were sending out IIs up until April. So there's still a chance to receive one

Reactions: 2 users
Is there an accepted student group me?
Yes!

Hi folks and congratulations to those accepted! PCOM is a top tier school and you should be extremely proud of yourselves.

I'm going to be returning from an LOA in August (major death in the family, among other life circumstances, and needed to take a step back) and I've made a GroupMe for the class of 2028, of which I am now a proud member. :)

For the purpose of avoiding bots and scammers joining the GroupMe, please DM me on here once you're certain you'll be committing to PCOM and I'll share the link with you.

Congrats again, and if you haven't interviewed yet, don't worry. I interviewed super late as well (and I had highly competitive stats, so it's not entirely about your numbers).

Cheers! :)

Oh, PS - happy to answer any questions that I'm able to about the process, PCOM, or Philly in general. If anyone is already in town, we can meet up! 🤓 Otherwise, very excited to meet you all!

Been at 4 bars since June...getting a little worried. Anyone else?

Reactions: 5 users
Been a 4 bars since July. feeling discouraged :cryi:
Got an A elsewhere, but have strong ties to philly

What do the bars mean?
Each bar represents your application status. Here is what they mean:
3 or below: Application incomplete
4: Application complete
5: Interview invite
6: Awaiting a decision from the admissions committee following the interview
7: A decision has been made (A, WL, R)

Each bar represents your application status. Here is what they mean:
3 or below: Application incomplete
4: Application complete
5: Interview invite
6: Awaiting a decision from the admissions committee following the interview
7: A decision has been made (A, WL, R)
But you would get the II before the 5th bar because you would be notified via email right?

But you would get the II before the 5th bar because you would be notified via email right?
You would be notified via email of an II, which will lead you to your portal and show that it has reached the 5th bar. In other words, the 5th bar won't show up until you get an II email.

4 bars since November. WILL THESE PEOPLE PLS SEND AN II MY WAY.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
4 bars since November. WILL THESE PEOPLE PLA SEND AN II MY WAY.
I've sent a letter of intent and have had a pcom alum & prior admissions committee member send a letter to the admissions committee on my behalf and i've been in 4 bar purgatory since JULY

pcom is my top choice idk what else to do!!

I've sent a letter of intent and have had a pcom alum & prior admissions committee member send a letter to the admissions committee on my behalf and i've been in 4 bar purgatory since JULY

pcom is my top choice idk what else to do!!
That’s crazy they haven’t done anything for you then😭

any II’s recently?
Just got an II! From anyone that has done the interview, was it structured as open or closed file and was it with an alumni, faculty/adcom member, student, etc?

Just got an II! From anyone that has done the interview, was it structured as open or closed file and was it with an alumni, faculty/adcom member, student, etc?
Closed file, with a faculty member and an alumni! I thought they were really nice!

Does anyone know when they stop offering interviews? I still haven't received anything and am very much worrying :dead:

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when they stop offering interviews? I still haven't received anything and am very much worrying :dead:
I called on tuesday and the lady I spoke too said they’re still reviewing files and offering interviews. from last years thread it looks like they interviewed through like may

I called on tuesday and the lady I spoke too said they’re still reviewing files and offering interviews. from last years thread it looks like they interviewed through like may
Thank you for sharing the info!!!

*too

how embarassing quite literally in the future doctor thread

• Haha
mine was closed and i was interviewed by two people from the admissions office actually (non physicians/non med students), they said the people who do the interviews rotate each time, so it could be faculty, a student, alum, physician etc.

mine was closed and i was interviewed by two people from the admissions office actually (non physicians/non med students), they said the people who do the interviews rotate each time, so it could be faculty, a student, alum, physician etc.

I had two PhD faculty. Got into details of my research

Got the A this week! They called me. I saw the second drop down option on my portal a day before I got the call.