P1 hicp students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abilene

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Is any one in here currently in the Hawaii School of Pharmacy? If so, would you mind sharing your experience of the first semester there? I'm just curious...Thankx :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Caverject said:
I got my money the blog belongs to BlueSkyCA
Really? How much? Are you a future pharmacist and liar? :confused: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

I'm not sure how informative that web-blog will be for you if you're looking into the curriculum of HICP...it seems like she talks about going out more than partying. Wish I could party all the time and still get good grades!!

::looks at site::

::reminds self:: If I don't have anything nice to say, I shouldn't say anything at all.
do smilies count?
:thumbdown:

Caverject said:
:eek: :eek: You're back!! :) :love: :D :love:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I haven't been here in awhile, but somethings just don't change at SDN...

if that's what the ladies look like at hicp, then i'm seriously gonna have to readjust my thinking of where i'm applying.... :love: :laugh:

supermn54 said:
if that's what the ladies look like at hicp, then i'm seriously gonna have to readjust my thinking of where i'm applying.... :love: :laugh:

Seriously, I got to HICP, and thats no joke :laugh: . To the original poster, the first 'module' was ok, there were a lot of kinks to work out, but things are running much smoother now. I don't know of a single school which opened and had ZERO problems. There is the typical student drama, some students complain too much and some students dont speak English well enough, but every school has those same problems so I would say that my first 'module' at HICP was pretty typical of any first year school.

But let me say this to all the people who for some reason love to hate HICP. :smuggrin: Why do you hate my school so much? What the hell did the school do to you? Why must you make up lies about things which you know nothing about? I read posters on here who "claim" and "assume" with absolutely no basis for reality. So to those of you who must continue to talk trash, I'm here now and I'll be setting the record straight on whats what and whats not. :)

Caverject said:
I got my money the blog belongs to BlueSkyCA

I just don't get you c-ject....one minute you're all over someone for being "unprofessional", and the next minute you're fanning the fire!?!?! :confused: :thumbdown:

JohnHICP said:
So to those of you who must continue to talk trash, I'm here now and I'll be setting the record straight on whats what and whats not.

Welcome to the forum, John! I'm glad someone's finally here to stop the nonsense. All we ever wanted was true info, and things got out of hand with people being childish and oversensitive, and people not being able to communicate in English very well.

I would advise your VP to make her blog "for friends only". It was entertaining (simultaneously hilarious yet scary), however, a lot of the things she talks about may come back to haunt her in her professional life, and it doesn't help give HICP a great reputation. This is what people get from it:

"alcohol alcohol alcohol, party party party....i got an interview at HICP...alcohol alcohol alcohol, party party party....by the way I got accepted to pharmacy school....alcohol alcohol alcohol, party party party....my parents had to give me their life savings to attend HICP b/c the school is not eligible for federal or private loans....alcohol alcohol alcohol, party party party....orientation....there's about 240 students, 30 groups of 8....alcohol alcohol alcohol, party party party....i'm vice preseident of my class...alcohol alcohol alcohol, party party party....I'm cute and an alcoholic and I can still get good grades...." :scared: (i'm not hating...I'm sure she's really cool...but i'm also sure i'm not the only person who interprets her blog this way)

Roxi: I had no idea the poster still visited SDN. The comment was meant to be a joke. I may not like BlueSkyCA's posts, but I never called this poster out as unprofessional. My comment about being unprofessional in another thread had to do with something a poster did that was in fact unprofessional. I never call people out on being unprofessional unless it is needed, due to the fact that is a serious charge. Calling a school out and saying they are bigoted & racist without any data to support your claim is unprofessional and does not need to be seen here on SDN. That is how false rumors are created. It would be like you creating a thread about how much MWU sucks because you got kicked out of school. (Which I know is untrue, just hypothetically speaking) I hope you can better understand me now.

JohnHICP said:
Seriously, I got to HICP, and thats no joke :laugh: . To the original poster, the first 'module' was ok, there were a lot of kinks to work out, but things are running much smoother now. I don't know of a single school which opened and had ZERO problems. There is the typical student drama, some students complain too much and some students dont speak English well enough, but every school has those same problems so I would say that my first 'module' at HICP was pretty typical of any first year school.

Dear John,

You are correct. I don't know of any school that runs smoothly right out of the gate. I am currently a 3rd year student in an inaugural class and things still don't run smoothly, but are always worked out for the next year's class. Student drama is always fun (note the sarcasm), as well as the complainers, (My class is full of them), but all in all, my for profit university seems to be doing A-OK.

But let me say this to all the people who for some reason love to hate HICP. :smuggrin: Why do you hate my school so much? What the hell did the school do to you?

It's not what they did to us, it's the way they conduct business. Most of us have our fellow students in mind when we post such things about HICP. It was never out of hate or spite, rather concern. As a student of a brand new, for profit school, I feel I know quite a bit more about the subject which is why I am a little more vocal about things. Here is another valid concern/question: Who is giving HICP the authorization to give doctoral degrees? From what I understand, all schools must be accredited by a different accrediting body to give out degrees. For example, my school is accredited by SACS to give doctoral degrees, (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools) and we have candidate status from ACPE to have a pharmacy school.

Why must you make up lies about things which you know nothing about? I read posters on here who "claim" and "assume" with absolutely no basis for reality. So to those of you who must continue to talk trash, I'm here now and I'll be setting the record straight on whats what and whats not. :)

Who is claiming and assuming? If you are refering to past threads, they do in fact have basis. Who are you to judge? Your JUST a pharmacy student like the rest of us on here. If you want to question me and my intentions, go ahead. I can refer you on to some of your HICP classmates previous post's that explain my true intentions. I will be curious as to seeing you set the record straight because the facts are out there to be seen.

Bis Morgen,
C-ject

Members don't see this ad :)
yo johny,
Hicp has nothing but love from me! In fact, i wasn't entirely joking about applying. When my dad retired he moved out there so it would be convenient. However, my have my concerns, some of which c-ject has mentioned. As a student at a 3-year, pricy university, what kind of assurance of accreditation have you been given by the admin.? The school isn't even listed as an afiliate on aacp's website. So, i was hoping you could enlighten the rest of us by answering some of the questions we have about your school. :)

Our VP's blog should be for friends only. However, its simply a personal blog, not a school related blog or a school sanctioned one. I know exactly what you mean roxicet how some people may perceive our school to be a party school and nothing gets done but... our VP is one of the smartest students in the school, she aces almost every test and studies when she needs to. So all I say is more power to her, I may not agree with her decision to party so much, but thats her life and she is certainly taking care of business in the classroom (which is all that really matters).

C-ject, I wasnt referring to you specifically, I have been shown old threads by some of my classmates previously and I dont remember who said what, I just recall some very negative and untrue things being said, and I finally got the initiative to come here and set the record straight. All I'm here to do is answer questions honestly and put the speculation and assumptions to rest. So please, if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Superman, we havent been given any "guarantees" because of course you cant guarantee anything. However, I could be wrong but, I dont believe there has ever been a pharmacy school to not achieve accreditation.

Also, C-Ject, i dont believe a school needs to be accredited to give whatever degrees they want, however if they arent accredited then those degrees mean as much as charmin extra soft :laugh:

I believe strongly that we will gain candidate status soon enough, hopefully this June which I believe is the earliest possible date. We have some extremely dedicated faculty working diligently on our situation and I feel confident in them (and I usually dont trust many people of power).

John

quote by JohnHICP:

I believe strongly that we will gain candidate status soon enough, hopefully this June which I believe is the earliest possible date. We have some extremely dedicated faculty working diligently on our situation and I feel confident in them (and I usually dont trust many people of power).

Isn't there some kind of pre-candidate accreditation that they can get before June?

I also feel confident that HICP will get accredited. IMO, if Las Vegas got accredited, then HICP will too.

The HICP website says they have no affiliation with LV, but it just doesn't seem that way. They both have too many things in common: 3 years, modules, no grades, and many more things. HICP was also started after the successful debut of LV as an accredited school.

flyer said:
Isn't there some kind of pre-candidate accreditation that they can get before June?

I also feel confident that HICP will get accredited. IMO, if Las Vegas got accredited, then HICP will too.

The HICP website says they have no affiliation with LV, but it just doesn't seem that way. They both have too many things in common: 3 years, modules, no grades, and many more things. HICP was also started after the successful debut of LV as an accredited school.

NVCP was created by the same company as HICP, thats Pacific Education Services. However, they have since severed ties. HICP was identical to NVCP in planning, but shifted quite dramatically. We dont have a 'block' system, the modules mean basically nothing, its just like a 'semester' yet classes dont end or start at that time, so i dont get it. We use A, B and F grades.

Yes, we do have pre-candidate status, however that doesnt mean much, just means we're still trying to get candidate status.

HICP wont be the last school created by PES, there will be many many more colleges to come, many here in our future building and others on the mainland.

John

I bet Alaska is next.

flyer said:
I bet Alaska is next.

I dont know if that was a cheap shot or not, cant tell :laugh:

However, no i dont think thats plausible. It will probably be somewhere on the west coast or mid west. Thats just speculation though.

John

I mentioned Alaska because from what I hear, it has a bad shortage. I have a friend up there that tells me that I should move up there when I'm a pharmacist (hopefully I get into a school this year).

I went there a few summers ago and I am convinced that Anchorage is almost the coolest place to be in summer. The outdoors were awesome minus Alaska's state bird, the mosquito.

Yes, we do have pre-candidate status, however that doesnt mean much, just means we're still trying to get candidate status.

I didn't think HICP had pre-candidate status? What I understood was that they couldn't apply for pre-candidate status because they had already accepted students?

trvlgrl said:
I didn't think HICP had pre-candidate status? What I understood was that they couldn't apply for pre-candidate status because they had already accepted students?

That's what I thought, too. New schools apply for pre-candidate status during the planning stages, then students come and those students can get government loans. Every other new school has done it this way.

I thought that HICP skipped this step and just enrolled students who were then required to pay their own way. John - correct me if this is wrong.

JohnHICP said:
Also, C-Ject, i dont believe a school needs to be accredited to give whatever degrees they want, however if they arent accredited then those degrees mean as much as charmin extra soft :laugh:

It is not required to become accredited for a school to give degrees, however, if they want the degrees to be worth something, it will be needed. In your case, since it is just a pharmacy school and nothing else, it appears that ACPE is all you need. If you introduce another program, like USN did, you will need ACPE as well as WACS (Western Association of Colleges and Schools) accreditation for the degree to be worth something.

JohnHICP said:

This is competely false. HICP does not have pre-candidate status. I have heard from HICP students on this forum that no pharmacy school has ever been denied of accreditation. That may be true but it is also true that no pharmacy school has ever skipped pre-candidate process except HICP. Pre-candidate status is very important because federal and many private bank loans are given only to students that are attending a school with some form of accreditation.

HICP is also the first pharmacy school to enroll students (a record number of 240 students for a new pharmacy school) before the hiring of a dean. I do not think it is a "mistake" that HICP has that many students. It all comes down to money or these people have no idea what they are doing. It is virtually impossible to find that many rotation sites especially hospital sites for that many students. I expect many of the 240 students will not graduate from HICP because that is how the program is design.

We will hear very soon from the ACPE about HICP's request for an on-site evaluation. If the ACPE denied HICP's request then its students are once again left out in the rain and had to find another $40,000+....that is if they pass their classes.

dgroulx said:
That's what I thought, too. New schools apply for pre-candidate status during the planning stages, then students come and those students can get government loans. Every other new school has done it this way.

I thought that HICP skipped this step and just enrolled students who were then required to pay their own way. John - correct me if this is wrong.

Schools without student currently attending apply for pre-candidate status, which is what they told us we have. Then when you have classes in session you apply for candidate status, which is what we are currently doing.

However, you are wrong about the loan part. Unless you find a special lender (like Amex did for NVCP), you need to have candidate status to receive any form of loans, private or otherwise.

We were originally told there would be loans available, but since we didnt have candidate status those loans were not given out. However a few students did receive loans from Bank One because they applied as soon as they were told about loans.

John

Caverject said:
It is not required to become accredited for a school to give degrees, however, if they want the degrees to be worth something, it will be needed. In your case, since it is just a pharmacy school and nothing else, it appears that ACPE is all you need. If you introduce another program, like USN did, you will need ACPE as well as WACS (Western Association of Colleges and Schools) accreditation for the degree to be worth something.

You are absolutely correct. ACPE is all we currently need, however they will be introducing more programs in the years to come and they will receive their accreditation through proper channels.

John

BMBiology said:
This is competely false. HICP does not have pre-candidate status. I have heard from HICP students on this forum that no pharmacy school has ever been denied of accreditation. That may be true but it is also true that no pharmacy school has ever skipped pre-candidate process except HICP. Pre-candidate status is very important because federal and many private banks are given only to students that are attending a school with some form of accreditation.

HICP is also the first pharmacy school to enroll students (a record number of 240 students for a new pharmacy school) before the hiring of a dean. I do not think it is a "mistake" that HICP has that many students. It all comes down to money or these people have no idea what they are doing. It is virtually impossible to find that many rotation sites especially hospital sites for that many students. I expect many of the 240 students will not graduate from HICP because that is how the program is design.

We will hear very soon from the ACPE about HICP's request for an on-site evaluation. If the ACPE denied HICP's request then its students are once again left out in the rain and had to find another $40,000+....that is if they pass their classes.

:laugh: This is the exact kind of ignorance I was speaking of before Caverject. This guy has no clue what so ever.

We have been told repeatedly by our deans and faculty that we do have pre-candidate status. However, pre-candidate status means virtually nothing because it does NOT allow you to receive loans. I repeat, it does NOT ALLOW YOU TO RECEIVE LOANS. Got that? Pre-candidate status is a formality basically. And more importantly I dont think private schools are eligible for federal aid or financial aid, they must acquire funds through private institutions (banks).

What does it matter when you hire a dean? We have a FANTASTIC dean who anyone in the field of biochemistry would tell you is amazing. He has done some amazing research and I strongly advise you research Dr. Bhagavan, he is unreal.

On to the rotation fallacies. We have already secured 6 seperate skilled nursing facilities on the island of Oahu with MORE than enough room for our class. We start our experientials in a few weeks and we already have our assignments and the locations. So it being "virtually impossible" is literally ridiculous. The island of Oahu has like 1.5 million people roughly and the medical field is seriously lacking. So please check your facts before spewing out an "impossibility."

Of course some students wont graduate. Thats not the schools fault, its the students. No school has 100% graduation rate. There are extenuating cercumstances and there are students who just dont focus or study hard enough. That is a moot point.

Tuition is currently 28K, in case you were unsure.

John

JohnHICP said:
:laugh: This is the exact kind of ignorance I was speaking of before Caverject. This guy has no clue what so ever.

We have been told repeatedly by our deans and faculty that we do have pre-candidate status. However, pre-candidate status means virtually nothing because it does NOT allow you to receive loans.

Speaking of ignorance, you said that you trust the people of authority at your school but usually mistrust people like that, your school does nothave precandidate status period. If it did, it would show up on the ACPE website like the other precandidate schools. Pre-candidate status means quite a bit for the fact it shows that the school is on track to becoming a school the right way. Here is some info I pulled for you from HICP's website and ACPE....

www.hicp.org said:
The Hawaii College of Pharmacy™ will be submitting an application for accreditation for its Doctor of Pharmacy program. This application will be considered by the ACPE Board of Directors during its January 2005 meeting. Should the Board determine that the application adequately addresses the expectations set forth in the accreditation standards, it may authorize an on-site evaluation during spring of 2005 for purposes of gathering additional information about the College and the program. Should the Board determine that the application is deficient in one or more areas, the application may be returned to the institution for further strengthening. If an on-site evaluation is authorized for spring of 2005, it will occur following the enrollment of the inaugural class of students. Thus, the evaluation team report emanating from the spring 2005 evaluation will be considered at the July 2005 meeting of the ACPE Board of Directors, at which time the Board would consider the awarding of candidate accreditation status (cf. definition of candidate status above). Should the Board feel that candidate status cannot be awarded, the College could respond to the Board's concerns and reapply prior to the graduation of the first class. If candidate status is not granted, even after reapplication, graduates may not be eligible for licensure as pharmacists. If candidate status is granted and the program continues to develop as planned, full accreditation of the Doctor of Pharmacy program would be considered by the Board following the graduation of students from the program.

The Hawai’i College of Pharmacy™ is not accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Secretary of Education.

Now from ACPE...

ACPE Website said:
9.3.1 Precandidate: A new program that has no students enrolled but has a Dean may be granted Precandidate accreditation status. The granting of Precandidate status indicates that a College or School’s planning for the Doctor of Pharmacy program has taken into account ACPE standards and guidelines and suggests reasonable assurances of moving to the next step, that of Candidate status. Granting of Precandidate status brings no rights or privileges of accreditation. Full public disclosure by the College or School of Pharmacy of the terms and conditions of this accreditation status is required.

9.3.2 Candidate: A new program that has students enrolled but has not had a graduating class may be granted Candidate status. The granting of Candidate status denotes a developmental program, which is expected to mature in accord with stated plans and within a defined time period. Reasonable assurances are expected to be provided that the program may become accredited as programmatic experiences are gained, generally, by the time the first class has graduated. Graduates of a class designated as having Candidate status have the same rights and privileges as graduates of an accredited program.

JohnHICP said:
And more importantly I dont think private schools are eligible for federal aid or financial aid, they must acquire funds through private institutions (banks).

I attend an accredited private school, and we are able to get federal student loans and work study funds. Our tuition is ~27,000/year, and the maximum federal aid we can get for a professional program is ~35,000, but I can borrow up to the total cost of attendance (~50,000) to include living expenses (the remainder above 35K being in private loans).

Roxicet said:
I attend an accredited private school, and we are able to get federal student loans and work study funds. Our tuition is ~27,000/year, and the maximum federal aid we can get for a professional program is ~35,000, but I can borrow up to the total cost of attendance (~50,000) to include living expenses (the remainder above 35K being in private loans).
Roxi is right. I also attend an accredited private school and the students are elligble for federal student loans though most have to take out additional private loans inorder to fulfill cost of living.

I thought the main concern with HICP was that they took an alternate route to accrediation-meaning they bypassed pre-candidate status and want to go straight to candidate status. i was under the impression that this is the first SOP to take this route.

JohnHICP- it wouldn't suprise me anything that you are told by school officials... as i have also been told some very interesting things by my school officials that also turn out to be false or contradicted by other officials.

We all just have different impressions of the HICP process and when they are granted candidate status it won't matter who was right or wrong.

The ACPE website has not been updated to include minutes from this month's meeting, at which HICP's application was supposed to come up on the adgenda. before that meeting, HICP had no affiliation with AACP whatsoever. When the meeting results are published, they will be shown here:

http://www.acpe-accredit.org/news/default.asp

I would imagine that ACPE could also be contacted directly to inquire about the current status of HICP's application.

Here is the AACP website that lists all schools currently overseen by AACP:
http://www.aacp.org/issi/membership/schools.asp?VID=6&CID=593&DID=4224&TrackID=

bananaface said:
The ACPE website has not been updated to include minutes from this month's meeting, at which HICP's application was supposed to come up on the adgenda. before that meeting, HICP had no affiliation with AACP whatsoever. When the meeting results are published, they will be shown here:

http://www.acpe-accredit.org/news/default.asp

I would imagine that ACPE could also be contacted directly to inquire about the current status of HICP's application.

Here is the AACP website that lists all schools currently overseen by AACP:
http://www.aacp.org/issi/membership/schools.asp?VID=6&CID=593&DID=4224&TrackID=
Wow there are a lot of schools up for re-accrediation this year (mine included)

Well if HICP isnt listed as having precandidate status on ACPE's website then I guess we have been lied to and this will further cement my thinking of not trusting those in power.

Apparently I am also wrong about the federal loans. I didn't know private schools were eligible. NVCP told me differently, which is why they only offered private loans two years ago. Maybe this has changed, or maybe NVCP lied to us also :laugh: I have no idea.

I had a very rough day at school today, they implemented a completely ridiculous attendance policy because a certain few individuals cannot conduct themselves as professionals. I'm not a big fan of HICP at this moment lol.

I hope that when the minutes get posted on ACPE's website they look promising. All I want is candidate status.

John

An email from the ACPE concerning HICP's on site request:

We have formally notified the Hawaii College of Pharmacy and the Dean concerning the status of their application for ACPE candidate accreditation. At this time we are directing individuals to contact the College directly:

Dean N.V. Bhagavan

808-674-9996

www.islandpharmacy.org

Sincerely,

Joanna M. Knych
Program Assistant, Professional Degree Program Accreditation
Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
20 North Clark Street, Suite 2500
Chicago, Illinois 60602-5109
(P) 312.664.3575
(F) 312.664.4652
(E) [email protected]

**I urge HICP students to immediately find out HICP's accreditation status directly from the school**

How many students is HICP accepting for the class of 2009? It should be around 50 - 100.

OoShimmeroO said:
How many students is HICP accepting for the class of 2009? It should be around 50 - 100.

They originally said 80. However, the real number will probably be between 100 - 140. Again, they will have to accept more then expected because some won't show.

John

*Quote removed*
I was interested in learning more about HICP. After reading this post, I'm not interested anymore. I can not believe that a student in this program would turn around and write such bull**** about their own school. If you really dislike your school, leave and not whine about it.

Sunshine637 said:
I was interested in learning more about HICP. After reading this post, I'm not interested anymore. I can not believe that a student in this program would turn around and write such bull**** about their own school. If you really dislike your school, leave and not whine about it.
Honestly we have no real way of knowing if this troll attends HICP.. do not judge their entire student body based on this post.

if you feel that you would like the program continue to look into it no matter what you read

Sunshine637 said:

Don't pay any attention to that poster. Unfortunately that troll does attend HICP, but there are bad apples in every bunch. Thats one of the 'complainers' i was speaking of previously. The post isn't even coherent and is just a crybaby entry.

If you are interested in HICP, I would love to answer any questions you might have about the program. Please dont let trolls like this discourage you from gaining more information. This illiterate poster is not in the majority.

John

JohnHICP said:
Unfortunately that troll does attend HICP,

wow i'm glad i'm not in your classes....... :laugh:

but every school has them...

bbmuffin said:
wow i'm glad i'm not in your classes....... :laugh:

but every school has them...

yeah, thats what i mean, every school has a few trolls, or a small percentage of them, but since our class is so large, there are a few more...unfortunately...

John

John- Not only does your naive reasoning reflects poorly on yourself but also refects poorly on HICP. I am convinced you are the type of person that only see what you want to see in life. We have been following HICP and we understand its history of deceptions. It is very unfortunate that you have also fell for its deceptions and it is becoming more apparent to me that we know more about HICP than you do or maybe you just don't want to accept the truth. I would highly encourage you, as well as other HICP students and prospective students, to email Joanna from the ACPE <[email protected]> and ask her about your school accreditation status. I have been in communication with her ever since your school decided to skip the pre-candidate accreditation process. We will soon find out how this has affected HICP. I hope you will then accept the truth and stop making excuses for HICP.

BMBiology said:
John- Not only does your naive reasoning reflects poorly on yourself but also refects poorly on HICP. I am convinced you are the type of person that only see what you want to see in life. We have been following HICP and we understand its history of deceptions. It is very unfortunate that you have also fell for its deceptions and it is becoming more apparent to me that we know more about HICP than you do or maybe you just don't want to accept the truth. I would highly encourage you, as well as other HICP students and prospective students, to email Joanna from the ACPE <[email protected]> and ask her about your school accreditation status. I have been in communication with her ever since your school decided to skip the pre-candidate accreditation process. We will soon find out how this has affected HICP. I hope you will then accept the truth and stop making excuses for HICP.

Is it possible for your post to be any more hostile? Relax and take a breath, jesus.

Naive reasoning? Only see what I want to see? Making excuses? Jesus christ...

Please show me when i "made excuses", and giving a reason for something isnt an excuse, its a reason. Man, you really have it out for HICP dont you? Why have you been following it so closely if you're not even remotely connected to it?

So just because you have been talking to this Joanna person this means you know more about whats going on AT the school than me? I highly doubt it. You may know more about the accreditation status, since you're clearly obsessed, but not about the day to day workings of the school.

I hope you learn how to talk to people and realize that bombarding them with insults gets you nowhere. And more importantly, I hope you will then stop being such a jerk.

John

JohnHICP said:
Is it possible for your post to be any more hostile? Relax and take a breath, jesus.

Naive reasoning? Only see what I want to see? Making excuses? Jesus christ...

Please show me when i "made excuses", and giving a reason for something isnt an excuse, its a reason. Man, you really have it out for HICP dont you? Why have you been following it so closely if you're not even remotely connected to it?

So just because you have been talking to this Joanna person this means you know more about whats going on AT the school than me? I highly doubt it. You may know more about the accreditation status, since you're clearly obsessed, but not about the day to day workings of the school.

I hope you learn how to talk to people and realize that bombarding them with insults gets you nowhere. And more importantly, I hope you will then stop being such a jerk.

John
:rolleyes: Like I mentioned earlier, it's not that we have it out for HICP, we are LOOKING out for our fellow classmates. There is a difference. It would be fair to say that I have it out for LECOM though... :smuggrin:

John- I am simply here as a messenger. I am here to tell others what HICP has done. But it bothers me that you came to this forum, not with the intention of setting the record straight as you claimed, but to become the mouthpiece of HICP's shortcomings and to act as a bulldog to those who disagreed with you. For example, It is you who called many veterans on this forum "ignorant" because we were telling others that HICP has no precandidate status. If you want to set the record straight, then explain why did the dean (the biochemistry "king") and associate deans of your school tell you and the rest of your classmates (some are "trolls") that HICP has pre-candidate status or why so many of your classmates are not passing their exams? I am not here to offend anyone but I do not apologize for being blunt and more importantly, for telling the truth.

I would really like to hear the entire story as well. There are so many weird stories buzzing around. I have a few pretty important questions that I will try to ask as "un-biasedly" as possible.

1. What is the ACPE status of HICP as of the most recent ACPE meeting.
2. Why are there over 200 students in the FIRST CLASS, but the anticipated class size for the class of '09 (the 3rd class?) only 50 to 100 students (1/4 the size of the starting class??)
3. HICP plans on building an ELEVEN-STORY building for it's campus by next year? (I came from a Big 10 university with over 45,000 students, and we didn't have a single 11-story building on campus.)
4. What is the status of financial aid for the students in the classes or 07 and 08?
5. How many practice/rotation sites exist for 200 students?
6. Are Hawaii students able to get an intern license from the state board (or other state boards) for rotations/work, even without ACPE accreditation?

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.