P1 hicp students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kwakster928 said:
IMHO, for students who will be attending HICP this fall, attending HICP at this current moment is still a huge risk given this situation.

I guess my living in Las Vegas kinda affects my lack of fear when it deals with risk... =)

Members don't see this ad.

nikkai said:
I guess my living in Las Vegas kinda affects my lack of fear when it deals with risk... =)
Well, there are certain risks that you will only LOSE. So my suggestion is to ask the people (staff, faculty) on their plans of getting accreditation And make good analysis of the risk that you plan to take.....GOOD LUCK if you have to take a bid on this.

Members don't see this ad :)
My sister and family friends go to Hawaii and no body likes Hawaii. Think before you go. Teachers are not good and not professional. I think lot of them will not go there next year. too much risk $$$$

phong.nguyen76 said:
My sister and family friends go to Hawaii and no body likes Hawaii. Think before you go. Teachers are not good and not professional. I think lot of them will not go there next year. too much risk $$$$

You state absolutely no evidence and you have no sense of anything that is going on at HICP. Things are continuing to move forward and everything is looking up. The school has made some major changes recently and has some more major changes planned in the near future. Everything will be fine for us.

If your sister and family friends dont like Hawaii or the school... LEAVE!! Who the heck wants you here? There are a few too many students as it is, if they dont like it, get out. There are other programs they can constantly complain and whine about you know.

However, anyone else reading this who is considering HICP, please just do your own research, try to speak with as many current students as you can and try to make the best decision. All I can say is that I feel very confident about the direction things are going.

John

JohnHICP said:
You state absolutely no evidence and you have no sense of anything that is going on at HICP. Things are continuing to move forward and everything is looking up. The school has made some major changes recently and has some more major changes planned in the near future. Everything will be fine for us.

If your sister and family friends dont like Hawaii or the school... LEAVE!! Who the heck wants you here? There are a few too many students as it is, if they dont like it, get out. There are other programs they can constantly complain and whine about you know.

However, anyone else reading this who is considering HICP, please just do your own research, try to speak with as many current students as you can and try to make the best decision. All I can say is that I feel very confident about the direction things are going.

John

Your postings are very insensitive and insulting at times. Its like you have an anger management problem. I've read through your previous posts and it seems like you don't know anything either. Your like a tabloid and I'm sure you don't have the whole story so we can't trust everything you say. The official word should come from the school or ACPE. I hope not all HICP students are like you because that would be a tragedy.

UCPharm said:
Your postings are very insensitive and insulting at times. Its like a have an anger management problem. I've read through your previous posts and it seems like you don't know anything either. Your like a tabloid and I'm sure you don't have the whole story so we can't trust everything you say. The official word should come from the school or ACPE. I hope not all HICP students are like you because that would be a tragedy.

He is very insulting... He acts like he has the weight of the entire school on his shoulders and you better watch out.. Real tough over there in HAWAII huh?:laugh: Why cant people just see we are looking for the truth to come out so we can make informed decisions when applying?... We got this hothead JOHN shouting that everything is fine and moving forward. Then the next day ACPE's website releases info that HICP was denied accredation status AGAIN and was advised to WITHDRAW their application. That doesnt sound like the up and up to me... They then went a further step and changed the wording of their accredation policy to make obtaining status even more difficult. But lets ignore that and believe John. Yeah right.Thank goodness for Lisi who was able to put forth more FACTS in three post than that guy John has in 3 months! :thumbup:

JohnHICP said:
You state absolutely no evidence and you have no sense of anything that is going on at HICP.

The OP might be in a good position to say if his sister and friends don't like Hawaii. Exactly what kind of evidence do you need for that? Signed affidavits from them saying they don't like it? I'll take his word on it that his sister doesn't like the place.

JohnHICP said:
If your sister and family friends dont like Hawaii or the school... LEAVE!!

OP said they will probably be doing exactly that. No need to get all exclamation pointy about it.

JohnHICP said:
However, anyone else reading this who is considering HICP, please just do your own research, try to speak with as many current students as you can and try to make the best decision.

Even students who might have a negative opinion about it? Because there seems to be a little less tolerance of their opinions. I mean, they should just shut up and leave, right?

imperial frog said:
The OP might be in a good position to say if his sister and friends don't like Hawaii. Exactly what kind of evidence do you need for that? Signed affidavits from them saying they don't like it? I'll take his word on it that his sister doesn't like the place.

My friend told me that they don't have enough clinical site for 240 students!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anybody attend the ACPE accreditation lecture and Q&A in Orlando?

BTW, HICP has about a month to turn in their application for candidate evaluation in June. ACPE now requires every pharmacy school to gain accreditation from a regional accreditation agency before the ACPE can grant the school accreditation.

It was a very interesting session from what I gather. It ran thru all the changes, why the changes, and the direction of the future.

Can you tell us more about it, Caverject? I had a choice between the lecture and South Beach. I came home with a tan...well kinda. =)

Not really...I was there for a grand total of 5 minutes. I had to go do something. I got the run down of the agenda. It looks as if they are going to do what the accredititing people for medical schools did and really clamp down on new schools opening. There are just too many opening now.

Caverject said:
It looks as if they are going to do what the accredititing people for medical schools did and really clamp down on new schools opening. There are just too many opening now.

:thumbup:

I hope they go a step further and restrict current schools from raising their class sizes even though that won't happen. I know it is for selfish reasons, but I would love to see them keep the demand up.

The ACPE just informed me that HICP decided NOT to turn in their application for an on-site evaluation at the Board of Directors meeting this June.

Wow. Thanks for keeping us up to date on the situation, BMBiology.

It would be interesting to know what news students have been hearing from the school lately. I am also curious to see what the retention rate will be from this year to the next, since many of the students who opted to go to HICP last fall may be screwed over by their inability to apply for loans through the government and lenders who require that the school be accredited or actively pursuing accreditation. I guess it's going to be more of the same old wait and see for that part. I presume they are just going to keep operating.

One other thing I am curious about is if they have tried affiliating with any national pharmacy organizations. I know they don't have an APhA chapter. But I am curious to know what else is going on there.

BMBiology said:
The ACPE just informed me that HICP decided NOT to turn in their application for an on-site evaluation at the Board of Directors meeting this June.
Where is John "on the spot" HICP with is flaming insults telling us you're an ass for spreading incorrect information?? :confused:

Ouch. I feel bad for all the students and staff there. :(

Caverject said:
Where is John "on the spot" HICP with is flaming insults telling us you're an ass for spreading incorrect information?? :confused:
I've update news for you all, JohnHICP is named ***** (*name removed by bananaface*). He left HICP two weeks ago after the school announced the News that the Dean, Dr. Bhagavan is dispositioned, or quitted. The Faculty never tell the truth about ever thing. They said to those poor students that the dean is really sick. And the excutives are trying to have the national Dean hunting. Only God knows that is truth or not? NO DEAN FOR HICP now!!! NEW PROSPECTIVE STUDENTs, PLEASE BE AWARE WITH THIS NEWS!!! So our good "FRIENDLY" JohnHICP @SDN has left = quitted the HICP along w/ 2 other students. That’s the most updated news for you all. :confused:

brendatoni4ever said:
I've update news for you all, JohnHICP is named ***** (*name removed by bananaface*). He left HICP two weeks ago after the school announced the News that the Dean, Dr. Bhagavan is dispositioned, or quitted. The Faculty never tell the truth about ever thing. They said to those poor students that the dean is really sick. And the excutives are trying to have the national Dean hunting. Only God knows that is truth or not? NO DEAN FOR HICP now!!! NEW PROSPECTIVE STUDENTs, PLEASE BE AWARE WITH THIS NEWS!!! So our good "FRIENDLY" JohnHICP @SDN has left = quitted the HICP along w/ 2 other students. That’s the most updated news for you all. :confused:
What do you mean by NO DEAN? I am a new prospective student. please explain how bad will the situation be? I heard from my gf told me that John quitted HICP to go to dental school or will apply to dental school due to the facts that the school will have some types of cut throat high interests loans, up to 18%. :scared: Is this true? any HICP students please help me out, before i use my parents' home equity to pay for this HICP scam, mess? Mahalo

brendatoni4ever said:

OK I'm going to try to clear this up before things get way out of hand like it usually does. JohnHICP is NOT ***** (*name removed by bananaface*). Please, if you're going to post anything get your information straight before you say anything. Secondly, don't believe rumors and unofficial information, this goes for students currently enrolled and prospective students. Just because people like to make things up at our school, add on to a story, or talk trash because they are unhappy that's not the right way to handle things.

Dr. B is sick. His health deteriorated greatly due to all the stress of the job. He is a good man, very honorable, and honest. He is a professional and has qualities that many pharmacy students respect. That's what I liked that about him and the fact that he cares about his students. His situation is not new info to students at HICP because the school told us. It was going to be questionable to if and when he would be back at the school but if Dr. B could not do so the school would be prepared to look for a new dean. Two weeks later, the school informed and confirmed that Dr. B will not return. They told students the truth but some student just can't handle it. The staff is working hard for all of us and cares about producing compassionate and competent pharmacist. They are beginning their search and will find a new dean. They will also continue to improve the program to ACPE's standards. I believe in them and the program. However, every school has its problems but that is no excuses to talk out your frustrations here. It won't be easy being a pharmacist and it sure is not easy being a pharmacy student either.

About John being friendly, PLEASE STOP. I'm not going to trash on John but many professional students have different points of views and choose not to act on that level. As for the other two students, one left on medical leave and the other cannot not be confirmed right now. Did he or she just leave? Did they withdraw? Was it official or did they have a death in the family? You see I don't know but I'm not going to sit here and make things up or start another rumor.

brenda_vu2000 said:
What do you mean by NO DEAN? I am a new prospective student. please explain how bad will the situation be? I heard from my gf told me that John quitted HICP to go to dental school or will apply to dental school due to the facts that the school will have some types of cut throat high interests loans, up to 18%. :scared: Is this true? any HICP students please help me out, before i use my parents' home equity to pay for this HICP scam, mess? Mahalo

This might sound harsh but I think you should hear me out. My advice to you is to make up your own mind. It will be a skill that you will need as a pharmacist. Also you need to know why you want to go to pharm school and why HICP? If you want more information about HICP then you should call the school and talk to them about your concerns.

About, John quitting, he left before there was an announcement about loans and some of the terms that was presented to the class. So whoever told you that he quit because of loans either lied, John lied to them, or doesn't have his/her story right either. Yes, cut throat loans have 18% or higher interest rates but 18% is the maximum interest on the loans. These same loans can also be as low as 8% depending on your own financial personal info. You might also need a co-signer if you don't have good enough credit qualify. Its a common practice to get a co-signer for loans in general even with federal loans. Some students who got BankOne loans are paying 8% - 10% on their loans now. If you want more info about loans you should also contact the school about that was well.

Steady-State said:
Dr. B is sick. His health deteriorated greatly due to all the stress of the job. He is a good man, very honorable, and honest. He is a professional and has qualities that many pharmacy students respect. That's what I liked that about him and the fact that he cares about his students. His situation is not new info to students at HICP because the school told us. It was going to be questionable to if and when he would be back at the school but if Dr. B could not do so the school would be prepared to look for a new dean. Two weeks later, the school informed and confirmed that Dr. B will not return. They told students the truth but some student just can't handle it. The staff is working hard for all of us and cares about producing compassionate and competent pharmacist. They are beginning their search and will find a new dean. They will also continue to improve the program to ACPE's standards. I believe in them and the program. However, every school has its problems but that is no excuses to talk out your frustrations here. It won't be easy being a pharmacist and it sure is not easy being a pharmacy student either.

I wish Dr Bhagavan the best of health and a speedy recovery from whatever sickness he has. This is awful news for the students as the students loved this guy. As far as searching for a new dean, that can take a long time to happen. Just ask the students at Nova Southeastern whom just got a new dean to replace a retiring dean.

It brings me no pleasure in saying this but you guys need to have some common sense. There are reasons why everyone is leaving HICP, even the rats. It was a mistake to attend HICP. It is time to move on guys.

Sounds like a sinking ship to me. Look on the bright side, at least some of you got a nive expensive vacation in Hawaii! :idea:

Have you guys thought about a class action lawsuit? You guys deserve your money back.

Everyone in pharmacy school knows about HICP. We even had a discussion about it at USC. There is no way HICP can find a qualified dean.

BMBiology said:
Have you guys thought about a class action lawsuit? You guys deserve your money back.

Though I don't like the idea too much, I'd have to agree w/ BMBiology to some point...

Chapman Univ (Or was it Univ of Redlands, I forgot, one of those two at least.) law school went through a similiar situation. When the first class graduated, the school was still not accreditted as they had promised originally. So the entire group of potential lawyers sued - ouch. The school submitted and refunded all tuition costs. Of course, being lawyers, they continued (and to my knowledge are continuing) the class action law s for more.

I'm not bunking on lawyers in my statement, several friends are in this profession. I'm just saying they see an opportunity and are taking it. Take that as you will.

Yeah. I hope for the best, as always. But, my hope is very small at this point, given the circumstances. I know there is no way in hell that I would spend my time much less my money on HICP given the deception by the administration over the past year and the bleak outlook for the adcreditation status.

bananaface said:
Yeah. I hope for the best, as always. But, my hope is very small at this point, given the circumstances. I know there is no way in hell that I would spend my time much less my money on HICP given the deception by the administration over the past year and the bleak outlook for the adcreditation status.
Believe this or not?
HICP will have cummulative finals! these finals is about everything started from 1st day of instruction to the end of the school year. HICP students got maximum depressed about the accred. status, STRESS about these comming Cum. exams. It seems like the school use this CUM. exams to simply/nicely send students home without any complains about the school.

My sister, 2 cousins already know they will be ship back to Cali in August and they already know their guilts about the facts they are not smart enough to pass these Cum. exams. (undergrad GPA = 3.00- 3.6 ;) ) that's reasons why they loose their parents' home equity & retirement savings. there will be no case for NO law suits.
NICE CLEAN CUT, HEH? How could all of the RX students in the U.S. know ALL of stuffs from the 1st day to the end? even I am on my 4th year doing my rotations; I still don't even remember my top 100 drugs :D . but PDA is a big help. :thumbup:

ANY attorneys in the house, feed some suggestions, wild ideas for my poor sister that i will financially support until she get married to a rich doctor??otherwise i am stuck with her. Any open, good suggestion for other smart, poor, wrong/none decisions making HICP students other there??

Cum. Finals needs to be at 80% for passing!!! or remediation Cum. Final will be at 85%, then 90%, then 95% after pack up and go home. every remediation the exam will be revise with different materials.
"Have some Cheese and before Whine". that was a nice way for the administrator say that to HICP students. So SAD :( , and MAD :mad: for having members, friends attending at HICP. :love: :love: :love:

It's actually not a bad way to test; when I spoke with Dr. Miyahara, they basically sounded like mini boards.

One year's worth of info seriously isn't that rough. How are you going to feel when you're faced with the NAPLEX that incorporates potentially 4 years worth of information? I'm sure your sister will do fine if she's taken the time to prep. Yes, it's a lot on her plate, but sadly, that's life. Everyone has their own issues to deal with and we just have to learn to enjoy the cup that's given to us.

And the 80% pass/remediation method is implemented at other schools too, though in slightly alter form (ie: Western, USN etc).

No need to register a new name just to slander.

Now where'd Zpack's troll pic go.... :smuggrin:

nikkai said:
No need to register a new name just to provide slander.

ebisllg1.jpg

Sorry, but I don't feel bad for them. That is the risk you take attending a school that is not accredited. They gambled on a school that was accepting people without face to face interviews, a school that accepted like 250 people in its first class. It looks like it is going to end up as a very expensive vacation for current students. Potential students that are still interested in this school need to really think about flushing 30-50 grand down the toilet. 8-18% interest for school loans, OUCH!!!

can someone post links to the source documents or any news updates?
thanks,
skp

brenda_vu2000 said:
I would NOT bet on this if I were you. But It is up to your decision. Some staff members left the school too like the librarian and director of IT dept not just the dean. I got those news from my cousin yesterday. Some students from HICP can confirm?

hancanada said:
I would NOT bet on this if I were you. But It is up to your decision. Some staff members left the school too like the librarian and director of IT dept not just the dean. I got those news from my cousin yesterday. Some students from HICP can confirm?

sounds like another troll :idea: right cousin?

I wish there could be some sort of confirmation from an actual HICP student.

I actually haven't heard back from my interview back in February. Not that it matters too much at this point, but I'm just curious... =P

nikkai said:
I doubt they tell the students anything to be honest with you.

nikkai said:
The difficulty is that just because someone says they are from HICP does not mean they really are. As you can see, there is quite a bit of trolling that goes on whenever HICP is discussed. I checked out the school's website and it still has Dr. Bhagavan listed as Dean. But, that doesn't mean that he is still Dean, as that website has been inaccurate before. Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long ago did he supposedly step down? I see their website was updated April 1, when the application deadline hit.

Who are you Steady-State? If you are HICP president, please shut your mouth up! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.