From Waitlist to Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twh11

ISU CVM Class of 2011
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread on being put on an alternate list and now receiving an acceptance from that school. I am thinking this will start giving us on the waistlist hope.

I noticed Keygirl1 was accepted at WSU from waitlist (she declined her spot)

Members don't see this ad.

I got waitlisted at my in-state college but got accepted to Purdue. For obvious reasons I would love to stay here. I am just hoping that everythign will work out for me.

Are you going to put deposit at Purdue in the meantime?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got off Oregon's alternate list...verbally. I'm supposed to get my letter soon. They told me I was a "highly ranked" alternate originally. I'm just happy to hear before August!

I am still waiting on KSU. Hopefully I'll get lucky- it's my only shot

Has anybody recently gotten off the alternate list? I'm nervously awaiting news from UF. Is it April 15 yet?!

at least you've heard something from ksu!!

Yes. I am going to put in my deposit

Has anybody recently gotten off the alternate list? I'm nervously awaiting news from UF. Is it April 15 yet?!

Why are you specifically asking that date? Did you hear something I didnt. please spill

Why are you specifically asking that date? Did you hear something I didnt. please spill

April 15th probably just because that's the due date for accepting or declining your acceptance offerings (April 16 this year b/c it's a Sunday). Once people decide where they're going and turn in their "No thanks..." cards, the waitlists should all move up quite a bit.

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Of course, there are still the freshmen to worry about. Hopefully everyone does well this year and doesn't have to repeat, for both selfish and unselfish reasons.

On a side note, do vet schools start buggin you if you don't send in your yes/no letter by the deadline? Or do they just drop you?

I did get a tap on the shoulder letter from Auburn today wanting to know if I'd made my decision. I will be replying tonight.

I'm on the Auburn waitlist. Does anyone know if they have started calling people yet? Or how many are on the wait list? I'm so nervous!!! :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I can post here now too even though I started a new thread... Purdue letter in Snail mail today

Taken off the alternate list by phone to Ohio State. It feels surreal.

Congrats! Are you in state or out of state for Ohio

On a side note, do vet schools start buggin you if you don't send in your yes/no letter by the deadline? Or do they just drop you?

I think every school is different in how they deal with this. For example, OK State's letter says they give preference to the people that reply sooner because as with most schools they send out more acceptances than they have spots. The letter goes on to say that if you do not make the April 16th 5:00pm deadline that you are reclassified as an alternate.

whoops you already answered all that a while ago. did you apply to uga at all? Congrats on OSU!!! I didn't even apply there...im sure we had plenty of classes together. No i haven't taken any grad level classes except in math.

Last fall I was passing thru Morgantown WVA and witnessed couches on fire on numerous front porches...whats up with that?

I'm guessing from that post that you've never actually been to Morgantown...if you're looking for fires maybe try Columbus or Ann Arbor...

woo! off the waitlist for auburn!:eek::D

off the alternate list for wisconsin.. i was #36.

I was taken off of PEI's waitlist! They told me I was a highly ranked alternate and then called me the next day with my acceptance.

off the waitlist at wisconsin- number 38 out-of-state! just got the word.

LSU!!!! omg I have no idea where to go, Mizzou LSU, Mizzou LSU...

I just got accepted to LSU! I'm in, I got in! Still waiting on 3 other schools but I do have one possible new home.

Congrats all you guys/gals!

I'm thinking if other schools are in the 30's, OK shoulde be too? Maybe higher??? Hmmmmm..... arrghhhh......blah....

I am still waiting to hear from Minnesota and I was #11 on their out of state list so I don't know what's happening there. I would love to hear something from them and Purdue and Iowa. I want more good news, I'm getting selfish now.

those who got off the LSU waitlist... how did they contact you? email, snail mail, telephone?

got the phone call Wednesday (4/25) morning. I'm so stoked!!!:clap:

those who got off the LSU waitlist... how did they contact you? email, snail mail, telephone?

I received an email from them. Then another email with a link to print a form to send along with the deposit to them.

I'm about to turn down Iowa State, so hopefully that brings good news to someone.

Off the non-resident waitlist for Wisconsin (#46). Need to let them know within a week.

Hey catcrazy, does that mean you might be declining your spot at OSU? Were you out of state at OSU? Just curious b/c apparently my number is coming up soon at OSU. I understand if you would rather not answer.

Accepted to Iowa State today by phone and e-mail.

Accepted to Massey off the waitlist via email 4/30/07.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! MORE TO COME, I'M CERTAIN!:love::love::love::love::love:

Congratulations, imagine21! Will you for sure be joining me at Massey? I hope so!

But i want Imagine with me in OK !! :D

IF we ever get of the waitlist, that is.....

I declined my non-resident spot at Wisconsin. I'm still heading to Ohio State...good luck to everyone!

Got off the Iowa waitlist today!! Now I need to decide between Iowa and Glasgow.

congrats, twh!!:hardy::hardy::hardy::hardy:

so after spending $$$ to fly urgently to Wisc to check out the school and having to decide between IL and Wisc by wednesday, i get the call while touring Wisc that I got into Tufts. Ahhhhh! I'm freaking out cause I don't know what to do- someone PM me!:eek:

so after spending $$$ to fly urgently to Wisc to check out the school and having to decide between IL and Wisc by wednesday, i get the call while touring Wisc that I got into Tufts. Ahhhhh! I'm freaking out cause I don't know what to do- someone PM me!:eek:

do you have residency anywhere and what specifically are your interests?

Just got the call today. I am going to Kansas State!!! I am so excited, and yet so scared (I am a Florida girl). I plan on moving out there in a month!