What computer games do you premeds play?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bozz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Confess

I play warcraft 3 and starcraft intermittently... I delete them whenever I have tests coming up but install them again during breaks.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't say these are computer games, but I am into Full Tilt Poker, and iSketch, an online pictionary game. I play them on the computer, and they are games...so yeah.

I wouldn't say these are computer games, but I am into Full Tilt Poker, and iSketch, an online pictionary game. I play them on the computer, and they are games...so yeah.

haha ISketch is awesome

Members don't see this ad :)
Confess

I play WC and SC intermittently... I delete them whenever I have tests coming up but install them again during breaks.

What does WC and SC stand for?

I'm addicted to gunbound revolution!! It's like worms. I play a few hours a day even while I'm studying for the mcat :p

SIMS 2...sometimes. lol :oops: :p

Counter Strike Source :thumbup:.

I am a huge Civilization fan as well, but I play it rarely since I like to play till the end and that usually take like 50 hours or so. Plus, Civ is so addictive that I end up playing till 7am and that totally screws up my sleep cycle. The beauty of counterstrike for me is that I can play for an hour here or there whenever I get a chance as opposed trying to complete a game of Civ.

I think I'm going to start playing LEGO Island again. I was really into it back in 1997 or 1998.

I haven't played any computer games since the summer, haha. But then I was playing Sim City 3000 Unlimited. However, I reformatted my computer between now and then and never saved my metropolis :(.

I haven't played any computer games since the summer, haha. But then I was playing Sim City 3000 Unlimited. However, I reformatted my computer between now and then and never saved my metropolis :(.

I fail at Sim City :mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
I played World of Warcraft my freshman year of college. Completely decimated my GPA and general attitude towards academics in general. Somehow, over the summer, I quit. I still don't know how.

Two years later, while my attitude has surely changed, I'm still working to repair the damage done to my GPA. :rolleyes:

Counter Strike Source :thumbup:.

I am a huge Civilization fan as well, but I play it rarely since I like to play till the end and that usually take like 50 hours or so. Plus, Civ is so addictive that I end up playing till 7am and that totally screws up my sleep cycle. The beauty of counterstrike for me is that I can play for an hour here or there whenever I get a chance as opposed trying to complete a game of Civ.

I'll second how addictive Civ is...it's the only game I've really played at all lately...and when I do, yes, it forces you to play for hours-on-end:p

COD4 and WC3 Custom Map
I bet there are plenty others here who play it too

The Age of Empire series....and most RPG or FPS games, right now I'm playing the New Unreal tournament Demo (awesome)!

I used to play Alice (until I beat it). Absolutely amazing game.

I also spent some time playing America's Army - usually on the dutch server where I don't get taken out in 5 seconds - because I did a video game study at my University and they got me addicted to it.

I'm a bit oldschool and I like playing those older point and click adventure games the best (the longest journey, syberia, etc.). I've played some team fortress 2, starcraft, WoW and a few asian mmorpgs here and there, but I'm not a big fan of the mmo world because the people annoy me :p

this has to be the dorkiest thread ever...

that being said, i play HL2 and a little bit of team fortress...

starcraft and C&C

can't wait for starcraft II to come out!

:oops:
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Hospital Tycoon :thumbup:
Airport Tycoon 1 & 3

Anybody play hospital tycoon? :)

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum
Hospital Tycoon :thumbup:
Airport Tycoon 1 & 3

Anybody play hospital tycoon? :)

I did, but the illnesses became so redundant that I stopped playing after the first hour.

When I have time I like to fire up Oblivion, Call of Duty 4, or EverQuest 2.

I'm an old school WC3 DotA addict.

I am spending most of my time before starting school playing Lord of the Rings Online. MMOs are quite addicting.

Extremely guilty pleasure: Maple Story.

I'm going to have to officially bonk you in the head :D

Mainly I played WC3 (mostly DoTA), SC, Baulder's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights (yeah so I'm a D&D fan you can tell), Civilization series, Heroes of Might and Magic series

and a LOT of other titles...

I don't play PC games anymore, but right now I'm playing "Trauma Center: Under the Knife" for DS.

WOOOO!

I play it entirely left handed in hopes of improving my left handed dexterity.

I don't play PC games anymore, but right now I'm playing "Trauma Center: Under the Knife" for DS.

WOOOO!

I play it entirely left handed in hopes of improving my left handed dexterity.
Don't forget to play the Wii version too

Super Smash, Resident Evil 4 on the Wii

Hoping to get PS2 to play all the Final Fantasies and Kingdom Hearts that I missed out on...

Super Smash, Resident Evil 4 on the Wii

Hoping to get PS2 to play all the Final Fantasies and Kingdom Hearts that I missed out on...

Loved Kingdom Hearts! It really brings out your childhood Disney without cheesing it up :)

I'll second how addictive Civ is...it's the only game I've really played at all lately...and when I do, yes, it forces you to play for hours-on-end:p

I'm a huge Rome freak. I had to uninstall Civilization because if I start a game, I'm useless for a week. Civ 3 has a couple Rome scenarios that almost cost me my job. I DREAM about my next moves. My gf bought me Rome: Total War for X-mas. She said "I thought you'd like this."

My eyes went wide and I said "Do you know what you've done!?! There's a reason I haven't bought this game in the two years its been out! You've just given a never ending bottle of vodka to an alcoholic!" I still haven't installed it because all its going to take is that first sip to start me on a bender.

kingdomofloathing.com

Viva Cera Nocere!

PS3 Call of Duty 4 online (send my your psn if you play, we can team up some time).

I'm also looking for a good strategy game for my laptop, any good ones that run on a Mac? I've been hearing a lot about Civilization in here?

Unreal Tournament 99

www.prounreal.com

still a competitive community after 8 long years .. I represented USA in the Nation's Cup for this game last year .. pretty nerdy I know, lol.

I am a world class Free-Cell/Solitaire/Spider champion.

Sigh. So many hours wasted...but no regrets.

ROCK BAND!!!!
About to take my first break from studying in a while and play the Endless setlist with some friends! Screw the MCAT!(for the next 6 hours >.>)

world of warcraft (a lot :p)
CS source
warcraft III at times

Mainly I played WC3 (mostly DoTA), SC, Baulder's Gate, Icewind Dale:thumbup:, Neverwinter Nights (yeah so I'm a D&D fan you can tell), Civilization series, Heroes of Might and Magic series

and a LOT of other titles...

i love Icewind Dale 1 and 2 cept my version of one crapped out before i went to the second part of Durns(or dorns i cant remember) deep.

and unfortunately im hopelessly addicted to World of Warcraft:oops: and diablo 2, i cannot wait for D3 and Starcraft 2 to come out though that'll get me off of WOW for good

i love Icewind Dale 1 and 2 cept my version of one crapped out before i went to the second part of Durns(or dorns i cant remember) deep.

and unfortunately im hopelessly addicted to World of Warcraft:oops: and diablo 2, i cannot wait for D3 and Starcraft 2 to come out though that'll get me off of WOW for good
What's with all these threads raised from the dead?

To tell us about games from the dead.

Anything command and conquer is beautiful...

But right now I'm addicted to my Xbox with Gears of War 2, Halo 3, or Halo Wars!!

Oh, and PORTAL!!! :D

Best games listed in order:
1. Starcraft 2 when it comes out (hurry the eff up blizzard!)
2. Starcraft
3. Counter strike source
4. Super smash bros Melee>original>brawl

btw for anyone thats really into starcraft i highly suggest going on youtube search Moletrap and watch his commentated starcraft games he;s hilarious and koreans are ridiculous...

I've dabbled in Blizzard games since Warcraft 2, including Starcraft, Warcraft 3 (DotA was amazing), and Diablo 2, but I forced myself to stay far away from WoW. :rolleyes:

Also loved HL and HL2, Portal, and Left 4 Dead... pretty much anything by Valve is amazing.