Uhcop 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LSUCPhT

Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am applying for University of Houston College of Pharmacy for 2010 and was wondering if anyone else was? I followed the thread on here from last year and it was very helpful. Thought I would try to continue it. :) Good luck everyone! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Yea, I'm just waiting on PCAT scores and my letters of rec to be sent in. :thumbup:

I wish those PCAT scores would come in already!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I hope all of you the best of luck. LSUCPhT I remember you from last year, the fact that you are reapplying shows presistance to be in this profession, and that is a very good thing.

Thanks!! I hope I get in. I don't know my new PCAT scores yet. :scared: I went and talked with Barbara Lewis and she told me I needed to improve my PCAT the most. We shall see.:luck:

I've been waiting for this thread to get started. :) Student Doctor forums were so helpful to me when I applied last year. I'm ready to answer some questions!

WOW! Is there really this little of interest in UHCOP this year or does just know one have any questions. Deadline is two and a half months away but there are definately people who are accepted before that.

What's the percentage of accepted students who have degrees ? Does one degree has upperhand on another? One of my friend told me that from every major students are chosen, so if you have a degree which is not very common (besides bio or chem) you will have a better chance. Is it true?

Last edited:
WOW! Is there really this little of interest in UHCOP this year or does just know one have any questions. Deadline is two and a half months away but there are definately people who are accepted before that.

I don't think it is because there's little interest in UH, it's just the interview cycle hasn't started yet. I am quite anxious myself to see if I get one of the earlier interviewing dates *fingers crossed*.

Hi Everybody,

I just want to let ya'll know if you have any questions I would be happy to help you out. I used SDN last year and thought it was great!! Let me just say UHCOP is great, and the people are great, so good luck everyone!

Last edited:
What's the percentage of accepted students who have degrees ? Does one degree has upperhand on another? One of my friend told me that from every major students are chosen, so if you have a degree which is not very common (besides bio or chem) you will have a better chance. Is it true?

I wouldn't really say a better chance of getting in. about half of the students the past two years have had degrees already, and every once in a while those degrees are PhDs.

And yes most of the people that apply that have degrees are in bio or chem. I have seen everything from engineering to psycology.

Although I do not know what percent of students that apply have a degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know when UH will start sending out interview invites?

Does anybody know when UH will start sending out interview invites?

probably right after christmas. they usually send them out a month before the interview. and I believe the first set of interviews is at the end of janurary

if i'm not mistaken, the first interview date is January 22, 2010. Good luck to all that are applying, UHCOP is a great school.

Thanks for the input guys! I hope I get an interview invite soon

I'm applying too! and I'm an int'l student...I hope I get an interview!

Hey everybody, I am applying to UH COP as well. LSUCPhT I wish you the best because I followed the thread last year.

Hey everybody, I am applying to UH COP as well. LSUCPhT I wish you the best because I followed the thread last year.

Thank you so much!! Good luck to you as well! I improve my composite by 12 percentile points, but i don't know that it's enough. If not, I've got at least one more shot in me! :thumbup:

Wish everyone the best of luck. Some of you have already been loading my inbox with questions, which is AWESOME! I encourage you all to ask us P1s, P2s, and P3s any questions that you may have. We will try our best to help you all maintain your sanity during this process :p

Hey everyone I'm a P1 at UH so if anyone has any questions about the application process let me know.

I am a p1 as well. If anyone has questions, any UH pharm student would happy to help. Just ask! :D

Has UH already sent out interview invites?!

I believe they already sent out interviews for the well-qualified individuals.

Has UH already sent out interview invites?!

The first round of interviews is this Friday, January 22nd. So yes, invites should have already been sent out. Don't fret though....it looks like there are interview dates almost every Friday of this semester, so there's many more invites to come.

Looks like today's interview went well. I hope to hear about several acceptances in a few weeks!

Don't worry about when you get an interview. The date of the interview doesn't dictate you qualifications in comparison to all the applicants. I personally had a late interview, and now as a current pharmacy student looking back, I feel that I was just as qualified for pharmacy school. Some students just sent their applications earlier than others. Just believe in your abilities and be content or work on the areas you think your weak in. Good luck to all those applying!

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the other interview dates are? I'm still waiting for invitation. :D Thank you.

Does anyone know when the other interview dates are? I'm still waiting for invitation. :D Thank you.

I believe they've already sent out the invites for Feb 19th and the 26th. But if you haven't got one yet there are a lot more available, so don't worry! About 20-30 students are invited to each date.

Last edited:
Thank you so much. I appreciate it very much. After hearing my friends got interviews, I'm starting to feel antsy lol. I'm feeling better now that I know there are more interview dates. May I ask, how many students are invited at every invitation?

Do you know how many people they interview and how many they accept? How long is it until we hear if we got accepted or not?

I REALLY want to go to UoH, so I hope I get an invite soon! I just got an invite for an interview with UT-Austin, which is my 2nd choice. I am so excited to have gotten an interview! They will let me know if I am accepted by the end of March and I will have one week to respond. I hope UoH lets me know something by then! :scared:

BTW, does anyone know how long in advance they send out invites?

Do you know how many people they interview and how many they accept? How long is it until we hear if we got accepted or not?

I think they interview around 200-250 and they only take about 110. Typically after your interview if you are accepted they will email you about 3 weeks after your interview. If you were tabled or rejected then they US mail you which takes another week to get to you. Good luck

They send out invites a month in advance. I got my email last Friday and my interview is the 26th.

They send out invites a month in advance. I got my email last Friday and my interview is the 26th.

Thanks! :thumbup: If you don't mind me asking, when did you get all of your application materials in to them? Thanks!

I sent in all my stuff probably a couple days before Christmas. Good luck! And thanks, hilariousbomb! How are you liking UH?

I sent in all my stuff probably a couple days before Christmas. Good luck! And thanks, hilariousbomb! How are you liking UH?

You're welcome. I like UH a lot, it was a great decision for me to go here.

Just got an acceptance email earlier today, i suggest everyone check their emails!! Best of luck to everyone that has interviews coming up. :) the interview wasnt scary at all, very conversational. the group part was a little awkward but overall the day went by pretty fast!

Awesome! Congrats!! :thumbup: When did you get your application in?? I'm still waiting on an interview invite (if I get one!). I really hope I do! :xf:

I turned my application in around the middle of October. I had the Jan. 22nd interview date, so I guess those waves of interviews are getting emails today!

I turned my application in around the middle of October. I had the Jan. 22nd interview date, so I guess those waves of interviews are getting emails today!

Hey texasgirlrx do you go to A&M I am trying to figure out if I know you... lol

The first round of interviews is this Friday, January 22nd. So yes, invites should have already been sent out. Don't fret though....it looks like there are interview dates almost every Friday of this semester, so there's many more invites to come.

That was my interview! Fun day. I was wondering if anyone here would bother starting a thread for UHCOP as I don't remember seeing one beforehand.

Just got an acceptance email earlier today, i suggest everyone check their emails!! Best of luck to everyone that has interviews coming up. :) the interview wasnt scary at all, very conversational. the group part was a little awkward but overall the day went by pretty fast!

Not what I wanted to hear :(. Won't sleep well tonight, or sat or sunday.

I got an interview invite at about 7 pm yesterday. Interview date is March 5.

Congrats! What was your interview process like? Any advice?
The interview process by far is the best interview of all the texas schools. The reason I know that is because I went to the others also. They make you feel extrememly welcome and special for being there! The interviewer has not seen your application so you do not receive those weird "Why did you fail this class" questions that make you feel uncomfortable. Actually my interviewer, did not write anything down during us talking, they just actively listened and had a very normal, relaxing conversation with me. I don't know about you, but it makes me nervous when people jot notes down in front of me. The group discussion was ok, alittle nerve wracking. But here are some tips- Be the leader but not the overdominate hard-headed person that is not open to opinions. Give your opinion and defend it. If the rest of the group does not agree just plead your case. If their case does seem more logical, GRACIOUSLY give in. But not without a good defense first. Pull people in that are shy and not talking. like you could look across the table and say "what do you think?" Do not, i repeat, do not throw people under the table and try to shine out. They can smell that a mile away. lol. Take advantage of having the ambassador pharmacy students there to ask questions. They VOLUNTEERED their OWN time so they obviously want to answer your questions. When I went i was all scared and intimidated to ask, but they want to be there to answer your questions so ask away! Be friendly and do not try to throw your competition under the bus. Believe it or not, I have been to interviews where people BLANTLY cut peoples throats in front of either falcuty or UH pharmacy students. Any more questions?!?! lol :p

The interview process by far is the best interview of all the texas schools. The reason I know that is because I went to the others also. They make you feel extrememly welcome and special for being there! The interviewer has not seen your application so you do not receive those weird "Why did you fail this class" questions that make you feel uncomfortable. Actually my interviewer, did not write anything down during us talking, they just actively listened and had a very normal, relaxing conversation with me. I don't know about you, but it makes me nervous when people jot notes down in front of me. The group discussion was ok, alittle nerve wracking. But here are some tips- Be the leader but not the overdominate hard-headed person that is not open to opinions. Give your opinion and defend it. If the rest of the group does not agree just plead your case. If their case does seem more logical, GRACIOUSLY give in. But not without a good defense first. Pull people in that are shy and not talking. like you could look across the table and say "what do you think?" Do not, i repeat, do not throw people under the table and try to shine out. They can smell that a mile away. lol. Take advantage of having the ambassador pharmacy students there to ask questions. They VOLUNTEERED their OWN time so they obviously want to answer your questions. When I went i was all scared and intimidated to ask, but they want to be there to answer your questions so ask away! Be friendly and do not try to throw your competition under the bus. Believe it or not, I have been to interviews where people BLANTLY cut peoples throats in front of either falcuty or UH pharmacy students. Any more questions?!?! lol :p

Wow thanks! Did they ask you questions from the interview questionnaire? Did you go over your 30 minutes? Do they also give you a tour of the campus? The email says its 4.5 hours but the assessment test, interview and group discussion only adds up to like 2 hours. What else do you do there? How did you prepare for the interview?