Uhcop 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ha! I still havn't received a denial or waitlist letter. I was tabled the first week of March. I guess they forgot :confused:

I feel the same way!! Gah! lol I reallllly want to go to UH!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems odd to me that they havn't sent us anything and they're already accepting people off the waitlist. Shouldn't we at least have a lower number on the waitlist? or just be denied. Not even bothering to contact us seems to be a pretty low blow...

Hellocpht
I'm going to be a pre pharm student at LSU next year. Can u tell me your experience as an LSU pre pharm student. Are the classes hard? Etc

Hey pharmddixon!
I'm SO glad to hear you have decided on LSU for next year! I absolutely LOVED LSU and wouldn't have done it any differently. Enjoy it to its fullest. It goes by so quickly! I went to LSU undecided and eventually decided on pharmacy. By the time I did I was really close to my degree in Biology, so I went ahead and finished it. Definitely talk to counselors there and look at prereqs at different schools so you will be able to apply to as many pharmacy schools as possible, yet still working towards a degree. You just never know, and having a degree really helps in getting interviews,etc. They actually have a pre-pharm counselor at LSU, Anthony Oster. He's really helpful. I would recommend getting involved with LSPS (Louisiana State Pharmacy Society). They are a pre-pharm club at LSU and can be really helpful as well.

I must admit, it is frustrating that LSU doesn't have a pharmacy school. It has everything else. It would make my life a lot easier! However, there are a lot of resources there. When I was at my UH interview they told me that the president of the P1 class there is from LSU. Also, the new dean at UH is ULM's old dean. I was also told that UH has seen a lot of strong applicants from LSU and are looking to recruit more there. I short, I loved LSU (and still do!) and I am here if you have any questions!! GEAUX TIGERS!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I am interviewing with UH on this Friday and I am nervous!!! Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask during the interview? How about the assessment test, is it MC questions or is it an essay. If its an essay, what kind of topics do they give you? And lastly the group exercise, is there a dilemma we need to solve?

Thanks much appreciated!

It is multiple choice, and it is easy. Don't worry about that too much. The group portion is the worst part, but that isn't too bad.

Hey pharmddixon!
I'm SO glad to hear you have decided on LSU for next year! I absolutely LOVED LSU and wouldn't have done it any differently. Enjoy it to its fullest. It goes by so quickly! I went to LSU undecided and eventually decided on pharmacy. By the time I did I was really close to my degree in Biology, so I went ahead and finished it. Definitely talk to counselors there and look at prereqs at different schools so you will be able to apply to as many pharmacy schools as possible, yet still working towards a degree. You just never know, and having a degree really helps in getting interviews,etc. They actually have a pre-pharm counselor at LSU, Anthony Oster. He's really helpful. I would recommend getting involved with LSPS (Louisiana State Pharmacy Society). They are a pre-pharm club at LSU and can be really helpful as well.

I must admit, it is frustrating that LSU doesn't have a pharmacy school. It has everything else. It would make my life a lot easier! However, there are a lot of resources there. When I was at my UH interview they told me that the president of the P1 class there is from LSU. Also, the new dean at UH is ULM's old dean. I was also told that UH has seen a lot of strong applicants from LSU and are looking to recruit more there. I short, I loved LSU (and still do!) and I am here if you have any questions!! GEAUX TIGERS!:thumbup:

Thank you for your response. I was worried since I was going to LSU I was not going to have a high chance of getting in to pharm school. I start in the fall and I'm really excited. I wish they had a pharm school too. What else could me about the experience of an LSU student.

Hey pharmddixon!

Thank you for your response. I was worried since I was going to LSU I was not going to have a high chance of getting in to pharm school. I start in the fall and I'm really excited. I wish they had a pharm school too. What else could me about the experience of an LSU student. Are their classes hard, large and what r the professors like.

FYI - the last group of interviews is this Friday, the 23rd.

For those of you table and waitlisted, don't lose hope! Some spots will get bumped around as people who are accepted make their final decisions about where they attend this May, and spots may continue to open up throughout the summer as people change their minds last minute. At almost any pharmacy school you can find a student who didn't find out they were accepted until a spot opened up in the summer, past normal admissions deadlines.

I know it's frustrating and feels like UH doesn't care about you when you don't hear something back from them, but please know that it is probably a good thing if your status is up in the air right now. That means they don't want to say "no" to you just yet, which means they might find you a spot in the Class of 2014.

It seems odd to me that they havn't sent us anything and they're already accepting people off the waitlist. Shouldn't we at least have a lower number on the waitlist? or just be denied. Not even bothering to contact us seems to be a pretty low blow...

There is no doubt that the waiting is tough but please understand that you're not the only student on the waitlist. Students are constantly accepting and denying their acceptances into UH. Even students on the waitlist may be accepted into other schools and ask to be taken off the list. So constantly updating waitlisters on what number they are on the list isn't reasonable.

Also, the admissions committee and the UH staff aren't just sitting around doing nothing. The admissions period is the toughest time of the year for them and they are constantly busy answering emails and phone calls from students like yourselves (which alone is quite a handful), meeting with students on an individual basis for counseling, handling the massive amount of administrative work that goes into admissions, organizing interviews and scheduling interviewers, and a TON of other behind-the-scenes things... on top of the things they have to do on a yearly basis. Yes, ideally they would love to update each and every student on their status but that's just not feasible at this time.

Things are out of your hands now so just hang tough and don't lose hope.

I got accepted at Texas A&M this week! I am putting in the deposit, but still waiting to hear from UH! I hope I hear something soon! Either way, I'm going to pharmacy school for the class of 2014! yay! :thumbup:

I got accepted at Texas A&M this week! I am putting in the deposit, but still waiting to hear from UH! I hope I hear something soon! Either way, I'm going to pharmacy school for the class of 2014! yay! :thumbup:
OMG congrats!!! Virtual high-five!

Congrats LSUCPhT. I too am looking forward to a response from UH. They just had their last round of interviews yesterday 4/23, so I would assume the committee will meet again this coming week or the following week...at least that is what I am hoping haha. Could any P1's or P2's that participated in the interview process confirm the possible meeting dates for the committee...just curious.

Last edited:
Well...several people have been saying the class is full, so, those who interviewed this past Friday are probably just going to receive a spot of the waitlist....

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything recently???

no :/
i've given up much hope. I was talking to a friend today who had an interview March and he is number 25 on the waitlist.

I interviewed 4/16. I havent heard anything yet. When is the adcom supposed to meet?

i interviewed 4/23 with them and they said anywhere from 3-4 weeks from that time we would be getting a response of some sort, mainly accepted, waitlisted, or rejected. but with all the talk on the forums of a full class, don't know

Yeah, I gave up on UH also, they havn't sent me a rejection letter, or sent any letter informing me I am on the waitlist...I interviewed Feb 26th.
I have been accepted to my second choice, so I'm not totally disappointed :oops:

I interviewed 4/16 and received a wait list email on Thursday night. It said my number was greater than 29....so I don't see myself getting in to U of H. Has anybody from the April interviews received an acceptance? Were we just interviewing for wait list spots behind the people they had already put on it before we even interviewed? I don't know about anybody else but if that is the case then that makes me feel like they really don't want me there in the first place and really puts me off the program in general. Oh well... at least I have other options I guess. Good luck to everybody else out there who is still waiting to here something!

I guess that is pretty discouraging :( I interviewed as same as you and haven't received anything. That pretty much implies a rejection letter is on its way in the snail mail :(

I interviewed on 3/12 and got "tabled" a week later. I have not hear ANYTHING else since then. No waitlist, acceptance or denial.

I got accepted at Texas A&M, but I already live in Houston and want to go to UH. I am getting married on July 31st and my fiance has to stay in Houston for work. So, it would be awful if I had to go to Kingsville right after we get married. (although, I will if I have to) I just wish I knew what was going to happen so I can plan my life. Nothing more I can do now but wait and see. :scared::confused::eek::xf::xf::xf::xf:

Yeah, LSUCPhT, the same thing happend to me...Tabled on March 11th, havn't heard anything. I think the class has been full since March, and people have been accepted off the waitlist.....So...I'm pretty sure they either a.) forgot to send us denial letters b.) we are so far down on the waitlist they didn't even bother letting us know or c.) they told people the class was "full" but they still have a few spots open, and are trying to decide among the tabled students now.

I'm a realistic person, so....I'm going with either choice a or b

Yeah, LSUCPhT, the same thing happend to me...Tabled on March 11th, havn't heard anything. I think the class has been full since March, and people have been accepted off the waitlist.....So...I'm pretty sure they either a.) forgot to send us denial letters b.) we are so far down on the waitlist they didn't even bother letting us know or c.) they told people the class was "full" but they still have a few spots open, and are trying to decide among the tabled students now.

I'm a realistic person, so....I'm going with either choice a or b

Well it's always good to see students who think highly of UH and its staff. Yes, the notorious UH has purposely not sent you a rejection letter or they have not bothered letting you know because you aren't even close to the top of the wait list. All this because they absolutely thrive on seeing candidates suffer. Because that makes the most sense.

Seriously guys, we have all been through the wait and we understand it's hard. A couple of my colleagues didn't hear of their acceptances till August because students discovered that they wouldn't be able to attend UH last minute. It's unfortunate but it happens and not only at UH. This is the reason there are wait lists.

If you honestly feel that UH doesn't care about you as a candidate or is out to make you suffer because you have to wait just like dozens of other students, then I would seriously think about withdrawing my spot from the wait list. Those students who are accepted truly love and respect UH and if you don't see yourself embodying that now, you won't do so later.

So please, show some respect to the school, the program, and its hard working staff. They are doing everything they can to expedite the process but understand that students changing their minds about attending UH or pharmacy school for that matter is not in the hands of UH staff.

Thanks and best of luck on your finals :)

Well it's always good to see students who think highly of UH and its staff. Yes, the notorious UH has purposely not sent you a rejection letter or they have not bothered letting you know because you aren't even close to the top of the wait list. All this because they absolutely thrive on seeing candidates suffer. Because that makes the most sense.

Seriously guys, we have all been through the wait and we understand it's hard. A couple of my colleagues didn't hear of their acceptances till August because students discovered that they wouldn't be able to attend UH last minute. It's unfortunate but it happens and not only at UH. This is the reason there are wait lists.

If you honestly feel that UH doesn't care about you as a candidate or is out to make you suffer because you have to wait just like dozens of other students, then I would seriously think about withdrawing my spot from the wait list. Those students who are accepted truly love and respect UH and if you don't see yourself embodying that now, you won't do so later.

So please, show some respect to the school, the program, and its hard working staff. They are doing everything they can to expedite the process but understand that students changing their minds about attending UH or pharmacy school for that matter is not in the hands of UH staff.

Thanks and best of luck on your finals :)

I know that they are working hard. I definitely respect that. I would rather them take a longer time thinking about me rather than right out denying me. I'm just really nervous about what to do about a place to live, etc if I do indeed have to move to Kingsville, that's all.

I got my denial letter from UH today. I will be attending Texas A&M in the fall. Good luck to everyone!

I am sorry to hear about the denial. Was the interview process at A&M similar as of UH? I interviewed at UH on 4/16 and haven't heard anything yet. I guess if they send out denial letters through mail then I will be receiving that shortly since I haven't heard anything in the email so far :confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:(

Got my rejection letter today by snail mail. I interviewed on 4/16 -_- Pretty much knew what the letter was gonna say right when I opened my mailbox. O well. I'm really curious as to how many ppl that were at the last two interviews got either accepted or wait listed. I thought I nailed my interview and was feeling most confident in comparison to all the other schools I interviewed with (and got accepted). I guess I jinxed myself. Either way, gl to all those waiting

LSU: So sorry to hear about the denial letter from UH. I was so hoping for you to get in UH because of your family situation. Anyways- you are still going to be a pharmacist- its just a matter of 4 years- and Kingsville is not very far from Houston.

Good luck and best wishes.