05/01/09 MCAT club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bowlin123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wrote the 05/01/09 MCAT. I thought the biological sciences section is extremely difficult and the other two sections were fair. I think there were 3 passages and many discrete questions on OCHEM. I used to get 10's or above on this section but I would be happy with a 10 on the section for today's exam

Members don't see this ad.

i havent been paying attn to the timeline of everyone else's scores being released. have they been on schedule? late?

Try this. 1 glass of red wine (preferably Pinot noir), 2. Cold shower, 3. Barbecue chiken or ribs. 4. Two more glasses of wine. If you're like me, you'll be chilling next your computer right now ignoring your ex-girlfriend's calls.

Has anyone tried to call the AAMC office to find out why the scores still aren't released after 31 days? There is absolutely no excuse for not releasing them today. :(

Has anyone tried to call the AAMC office to find out why the scores still aren't released after 31 days? There is absolutely no excuse for not releasing them today. :(

I agree... I've been contemplating all day but haven't worked up the courage... maybe you should do it! Please.......... This is so miserable!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going to go ahead and agree with the red wine idea...I have been self medicating ever since I took the test...Real House Wives of New Jersey can be surprisingly soothing also...just kidding...not really though.

it says on the website that our result will be out on the 2nd of june along with the ppl who took on May2nd.

guys less than 24 hours!! i hope we all did super goood (def of super good = over 40)

i'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst :)

either i'm going to be very happy tomorrow or very sad

it says on the website that our result will be out on the 2nd of june along with the ppl who took on May2nd.

yeah, but it also says somewhere on the website that it will take them about 30 days to release the scores. I mean, come on, 32 days are more than necessary for them to grade the writing section.

yeah, but it also says somewhere on the website that it will take them about 30 days to release the scores. I mean, come on, 32 days are more than necessary for them to grade the writing section.

i completely agree with you but if they wrote it down june 2nd, i doubt they will give us b4 that anyways hopefully 12 hours from now, we'll have our results

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so disappointed right now. I mean, really?? We already waited 31 days, which is the same or longer than most other test takers. :thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown

I'm so annoyed right now!!!! WHY did the AAMC have to do this to us??? I was so right in believing that they wouldn't release scores today. :(:(

Of course that didn't help with my nervousness. I felt like crap today the whole day anticipating a release until this afternoon. I feel so cheated by the AAMC.

MAN!!! I WANT MY SCORE!!!! (or do I want my score??) I only want it if it is good. I'd rather not see it if it is bad. :smuggrin::smuggrin:

This is a hypothetical:

What if you weren't allowed to find out your MCAT score and only the medical schools see it?? In this scenario, you'd have to guess how you did on the test and decide if you need a retake.

I think this would be a great idea for me if I got a bad score. If I got a good score, it would be a terrible idea. :scared: I'd never know if I did well.

OMG!!! I'm so glad that this isn't true (well I might change my mind tomorrow if my score goes bad). It'd be an even worse torture than waiting for our scores right now.

AHHHHHH!!! GIMME MY SCORE!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The earlier you go to sleep the faster tomorrow will come! That is, assuming you can fall to sleep!

I'm sweating it out as much as you guys are...though I didn't realize until today that there was a chance that scores could come out a day early...thanks for getting my hopes up!! j/k

I've got a lot riding on this test...it's basically my last hurdle in a 2-year long process of changing my entire professional life around (crappy career choice first time around). It's not easy knowing that the biggest risk of your life is riding on a single score! I feel your pain!

I'll be stalking you guys before I check the THx system for my score tomorrow...I guess I don't want to tempt fate...

Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know what time of day AMCAS typically releases scores?! I just checked (7am EST) and nada :(

Usually in the afternoon. From roughly 1530 to as late as 1700 on the dot is most common.

uggghhhh. talk about dragging it all out. you would think they would at least be prompt (aka first thing in the morning if not midnight) on the date of release. gurrr.

You would think that today being the first day we can submit our applications that they would show some mercy and give us our scores earlier so that we can get our crap together for submission.

Just release the scores already!!!!

You would think that today being the first day we can submit our applications that they would show some mercy and give us our scores earlier so that we can get our crap together for submission.

Just release the scores already!!!!

I think that's the exact reason why they don't want to post the scores early. They want 5/1 and 5/2 applicants, regardless how well they did on the MCAT, to submit their applications before the score release. That's how they make big bucks.

I think that's the exact reason why they don't want to post the scores early. They want 5/1 and 5/2 applicants, regardless how well they did on the MCAT, to submit their applications before the score release. That's how they make big bucks.

I wouldn't be surprised. After all, they are a business trying to make some money.

Huh? Does that mean we'll have to pay more if we submit MCAT score AFTER the application?

The score still isn't up yet. It's 2 PM Eastern time.

Huh? Does that mean we'll have to pay more if we submit MCAT score AFTER the application?

The score still isn't up yet. It's 2 PM Eastern time.

It's the same. What I meant was there were people who would submit their applications without knowing their scores and, then, some of them would find out later on that their scores were lower than the MD/DO acceptance range.

OMG!!! PLEASE RELEASE THE SCORES TODAY!!! AAMC!! You guys promised. Man please!!! I can't take another day of this. :(:(

I don't care if the scores are a little late. An 5 PM EST or 6 PM is fine with me. But just today!! I have an essay due very soon and I can't start it until I get my score back!!!!

Lucky everybody else. I'm still in school. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I WANT MY SCORE!!!!

And if AAMC is trying to make money off of us, that is very cruel. It doesn't make a huge amount of sense though. I mean, if I was waiting for my score, I'd just submit AMCAS 1 day after the opening time. That will not effect the application.

I got my score!!!!!!!

... but it's horrible, much lower than my practice scores :(
I'll have to retake.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are up? I have been checking all day but I am at work and I am scared that I am going to burst out in tears when I look...

Yes, it's up already.

My writing score (M) is particularly low. I never got less than O on Princeton tests.
Should I request a regrade?

I am too scared to check!

I think that is the rest of your score is fine, an M is ok - so don't worry about it

You have to check it sooner or later anyway, go ahead and check it now. At least you'll know what to do next.

Question: do I have to press the "submit" button to release score to AMCAS???
.. although I plan on retaking anyway...

Actually I think you said submit at a different time because mine already says it is submitting...

PS:13
VR:7!!!!!!!
WS:O
BS:13
33O

Thank you verbal, because of you I will be retaking the MCAT in 2 weeks. I know I can do well in sciences, so this means 2 weeks of straight VR... makes for a great summer, woohoo!

GUYS, IF yOU DONT MIND

POST YOUR EXPECTED SCORE UPON LEAVING THE EXAM, YOUR AVG PRACTICE AAMC AND YOUR FINAL REAL

I'm Gonna make a graph that correlates all three

I need lots of data so if you are embarrassed send me some data if you want

36O
PS-14
VR-11
BS-11

I felt like when I left I had gotten a 35ish I would have said:
PS-13
VR-11
BS-13

I guess the BS didn't go as well as I thought?? Oh well, I'm so excited right now!!!

My first MCAT was a 26Q - 2 years ago

HOORAY!

My average AAMC practice test score was about a 35, so I was right in there!

bio: 12
ph: 11
verbal:12

do i need to retake this? 3.6 science from northwestern

Last edited:
I haven't seen one person on here get an acceptable score...that includes myself...what is going on here?

My practice tests averaged 29-33 and I'm no where near that...

...the R in writing seems like a slap in the face at this point.

I stand corrected...congrats.

Last edited:
9 v
12 p
11 b

32Q

this sucks. maybe md pdh isnt going to be happening. i guess ill be retaking in july.

my predictions? they were all over and changed from day to day. i wasreally praying for a 10 on verbal and thought i had got it. balls
Oh com'on, a 9 in VR is fine. I don't think retaking to get 1 point up is worth it.

9PS
9BS
8VR
WS Q

26Q

I personally am satisfied with my score. I wish that I had done better, but isn't that always the case?

Considering I ran out of time on the PS and had to blindly guess on 8 questions, I'm happy with a 9.