***The Official Howard University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saberblue

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get the email that they paid the secondary application fee?

Link to interview prep: Howard University College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the payment received email today. The email said my app will be forwarded to the adcoms. I would be more excited but going off of last years thread, we won't hear back about interviews until October =/

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied and verified two weeks ago. Still haven’t gotten anything about a supplemental. Sigh.

Hi,
Is it too late to apply to Howard university now?

Has anyone not received the email confirming their supplemental fee? I sent it in months ago and haven’t heard anything back. I also emailed and haven’t gotten a response

Has anyone not received the email confirming their supplemental fee? I sent it in months ago and haven’t heard anything back. I also emailed and haven’t gotten a response

I sent my application fee on 8/23 and received the confirmation email on 9/4.

I have received and sent mine. Can each person put there GPA and DAT score on the thread. Wish Everyone luck on this journey

Interviews have begun, and invites are sent out on a monthly basis. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
When was the first interview invite sent?
The professor didn't specify when they started, but in the past they have started on the first week of september. So that's your best bet I suppose.

Last year the first person to post they got an interview on sdn was on October 3rd. The year before that, a student said he saw the first group of interviewees on October 3rd.

It might be possible interviews have been sent out already but those guys aren't on sdn. Regardless, one of us should definitely hear something by the end of the first week of October

Reactions: 1 user
Interviews were sent out, I went to Howard for undergrad so I know someone that has an interview. Does anyone know how long it took to receive the supplement application?

Does anyone knows the cost of attendance for the DDS program at HU? I can't find this info anywhere

Interviews were sent out, I went to Howard for undergrad so I know someone that has an interview. Does anyone know how long it took to receive the supplement application?

Do you know what date the first interviews were sent out?

Does anyone knows the cost of attendance for the DDS program at HU? I can't find this info anywhere

Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 9.08.34 PM.png

Hi guys, do you think if I apply by the end of this month is there still a chance to get an interview at Howard? Thank you and good luck to everyone!

does anyone know if howard invites locals first?
it seems like they send interviews in small chunks weekly for interview dates of the same or following week

Has anyone heard back from Howard yet?

Howard said they received my payment a month ago, but still don't have an interview

Howard said they received my payment a month ago, but still don't have an interview
In general, howard looks for 2 thins when going out interviews, 1)DAT of 19 or higher, 18s can get in assuming you're a minority or you have a very high GPA 2) And absolutely most important, you absolutely have to have anatomy and anatomy lab from a UNIVERSITY, I spoke to nixon directly abkut this last week. Even with stellar stats, if you dint have anatomy or eveb just anatomy lab is missing, you won't get an interview invite .

In general, howard looks for 2 thins when going out interviews, 1)DAT of 19 or higher, 18s can get in assuming you're a minority or you have a very high GPA 2) And absolutely most important, you absolutely have to have anatomy and anatomy lab from a UNIVERSITY, I spoke to nixon directly abkut this last week. Even with stellar stats, if you dint have anatomy or eveb just anatomy lab is missing, you won't get an interview invite .
How did you reach Ms. Nixon? I emailed them but haven't heard from them in a while. Are they super strict on Anatomy being taken at a University because I took it at a CC because I had too many classes during the semester at my university and couldn't fit it in with the max allowed credits per semester. Thank you

How did you reach Ms. Nixon? I emailed them but haven't heard from them in a while. Are they super strict on Anatomy being taken at a University because I took it at a CC because I had too many classes during the semester at my university and couldn't fit it in with the max allowed credits per semester. Thank you

Yes, they are pretty strict about it being from a university. It also can’t be online and it has to have a lab.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Yes, they are pretty strict about it being from a university. It also can’t be online and it has to have a lab.

Sent from my iPhone using
Thank you! I was trying to reach Ms. Nixon to ask about that and see if taking it at a community college would be fine. Hopefully I can reach her to discuss this and see if I can go back and take it at a 4-year university level to still count for this cycle before sumbitting my app there. If you know a good way to reach her I would really appreciate that Thanks again for your help.

I was under the impression that you must meet their requirements before matriculation? that they can accept you without you having taken all the prereqs. I hope they send invites if its a planned course

I was under the impression that you must meet their requirements before matriculation? that they can accept you without you having taken all the prereqs. I hope they send invites if its a planned course
That's what I thought the first time I applied, I went to a mock interview at howard this April, and nixon literally reiterated almost 5 times that the anatomy and it's lab both from a UNIVERSITY habe to be COMPLETED before or at the time you apply to their school.

How can we reach Ms. Nixon? What time and day is she in the office?

I got a 22 on my DAT and am taking anatomy and lab next semester

Hey, guys just wanted to give you a head's up interviews are going out. I received an interview invite by email yesterday. Best of luck to you guys! Also, about the anatomy, I have heard its mandatory.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who got interviews did you've have 6 credits of anatomy and anatomy lab? My school only offers 3 credits :/

I just got an email from Howard saying they weren’t able to offer me an email because of my DAT score, and on AADSAS it says application......but my current DAT score hasn’t even been processed by AADSAS. Will they be able to review my new scores or is that it? :(

I just got an email from Howard saying they weren’t able to offer me an email because of my DAT score, and on AADSAS it says application......but my current DAT score hasn’t even been processed by AADSAS. Will they be able to review my new scores or is that it? :(

What do you mean ?

Hey im applying next cycle. Have a quick question. Aside from A&P 1 and 2 not being accepted from a CC, what about Ochem II & Physics? I may have to take Biochem at a CC as well due to availability (Currently enrolled full time in pharm school and cant do both during the semester). Have people gotten in with science courses from CC in the last few cycles? I tried calling Howard but I can never get through. I know some people that graduated that had a lot of classes from a CC but want to see if anything has changed since then.

Has anyone else gotten an interview from Howard?

Any news about interviews or rejections?

Hey im applying next cycle. Have a quick question. Aside from A&P 1 and 2 not being accepted from a CC, what about Ochem II & Physics? I may have to take Biochem at a CC as well due to availability (Currently enrolled full time in pharm school and cant do both during the semester). Have people gotten in with science courses from CC in the last few cycles? I tried calling Howard but I can never get through. I know some people that graduated that had a lot of classes from a CC but want to see if anything has changed since then.
I got an interview and I took general biology, general chemistry, and physics from CC

Reactions: 1 users
hi guys!
i won't actually be applying this cycle but i will next year and i just wanted opinions.
I'm African American, i have a 3.3 overall gpa, 2.33 science gpa, and 20 AA DAT. 100+ shadowing hours and 100+ community service.
and if i do apply, I have intentions on submitting my application early (like June)
should i apply or should i pursue a post-bacc program being that my science gpa is so low?
Also, I only have 3 hours of anatomy and 3 hours of physiology because that's all my university offers.

Thanks in advance.

hi guys!
i won't actually be applying this cycle but i will next year and i just wanted opinions.
I'm African American, i have a 3.3 overall gpa, 2.33 science gpa, and 20 AA DAT. 100+ shadowing hours and 100+ community service.
and if i do apply, I have intentions on submitting my application early (like June)
should i apply or should i pursue a post-bacc program being that my science gpa is so low?
Also, I only have 3 hours of anatomy and 3 hours of physiology because that's all my university offers.

Thanks in advance.

Your DAT is great (20AA), but in all honesty I'd say look into a Master's Program just in case. My undergrad science GPA was on the lower end (something like a 2.5) and my overall gpa was like a 3.1, so I ended up pursuing a Master's Degree. Finished with a 3.5 and applied this cycle. I'd still apply if I were you, you never know... just pick and choose your schools wisely.

Last edited:
hi guys!

Thanks in advance.
I say don't listen and apply, you have a chance to get in.

Anyone that got an interview invite, did you receive a confirmation email after accepting the interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.