***The Official Howard University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I emailed Ms. Nixon and she said to drop it off January 2nd. I'm assuming the office is closed for the holidays. I'm really considering taking a day off from work so that I don't miss it. I'm really not trying to lose my spot lol
Do u have Ms. Nixon's email address and phone?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many seats are remaining for HUCD? Is the class filled?

How many seats are remaining for HUCD? Is the class filled?
There are 32 members apart of the 2023 HUCD Facebook group. The class size is around 75-80 students, depending on repeating D1's. This info should give you a rough estimate. Also, I was accepted into a program in my hometown, so I will be giving up my seat at HUCD. I hope it goes to someone deserving! Keep your hopes up, though! Howard is still interviewing and will continue until the class is full, which is around June. (Words directly from Mrs. Nixon) So there's still time! Good luck, everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone received any updates regarding the next steps? Any correspondence besides the initial acceptance letter? Anything on scholarships? Medical physicals/screening requirements? Annnyytthhiinngg lol?

Has anyone received any updates regarding the next steps? Any correspondence besides the initial acceptance letter? Anything on scholarships? Medical physicals/screening requirements? Annnyytthhiinngg lol?
Nope! Literally waiting to hear something, ANYTHING. I thought I was the only one.

Finally received correspondence! Looks like scholarships are being pushed out now! Every little bit helps and I am definitely feeling thankful!

Also, Ms. Nixon informed me that they will begin pushing out more details around Mid-May.

Last edited:
How many seats are now still filled up out of 75-80 so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my supplemental fee in september and have been emailing them and calling them ever since to see if they received it. I got no email and my status has been the same application complete/received but now when I click on it instead of saying "No additional information" it now says "applications remain in this status until the 75$ application fee is received." Has this happened to anyone else and should I just resend another 75$?

I sent in my supplemental fee in september and have been emailing them and calling them ever since to see if they received it. I got no email and my status has been the same application complete/received but now when I click on it instead of saying "No additional information" it now says "applications remain in this status until the 75$ application fee is received." Has this happened to anyone else and should I just resend another 75$?
Yea same with all of us i think!

I got an email confirming they got my supp fee and then my status changed to "Received/Under Review". When I sent the fee I included a postcard with my name and AADSAS number on it, IDK if that makes a difference? I would call and ask before sending another $75, just because that would suck if you had to pay it twice!

Hey I’m kinda late to the party and it seems like the posts have been dying down but I got an interview for April and I just wanted to see if you guys had any tips? :)

1) For those who traveled out of state, where did you end up staying? I heard hotels in VA might be cheaper

2) What did you think of the school? Pros and Cons

3) How long did you stay out in DC for?

4) What do you wish you would have done differently?

Aside from these questions any additional information would be welcomed. Thanks guys and congrats to all those who have gotten accepted! :D

Congratulations on the interview man!!!

1) Out of convenience, I got a hotel close to the airport (Holiday Inn National Airport/Crystal City). I definitely would NOT recommend it though lol!
2) Honestly I enjoyed the tour of the school. There is a lot of history at HUCD and I enjoyed it for that very reason. In regards to cons, I didn't really come across any, maybe this was because I was so excited to be there!
3) I only stayed for 2 days, didn't really get to see much of the city seeing as though I spent the bulk of my time preparing for my interview, which I didn't mind. At the end of the day the goal was to secure that acceptance, so sacrifices had to be made!
4) I wish I had arrived on time to my interview, I underestimated the traffic and walked in about 15 min late. Luckily for me they start things off in a group/open forum so my tardiness was excused in a sense.

Advice:
Be comfortable and be yourself! Ask questions, it'll help break the ice and make you a little more relaxed. Also for your interview, know the traditional questions: why do you want to be a dentist, why HUCD, etc... Be ready to address anything in your application that may raise an eyebrow. I had a "W" in biochem and had to explain what happened (hurricane season- I'm from Florida). Another important thing is to know their mission statement, vision statement, and values. I was asked to reiterate HUCDs mission statement. I knew the answer, but went totally blank the minute my interviewer asked me. I bounced back like a second later, gave him the answer, and moved forward. Overall it was a great experience, just be confident! Let them know that you are ready to accept the challenge and are deserving of this opportunity!

I saw from your previous postings that you may be pursuing the MSMS @ WesternU! The fact that you got this interview based off your undergrad performance alone says a lot, so make it count!

Goodluck- wishing you all the best!

Here's the link to the mission & vision statements: Welcome | College of Dentistry | Howard University

Congratulations on the interview man!!!

1) Out of convenience, I got a hotel close to the airport (Holiday Inn National Airport/Crystal City). I definitely would NOT recommend it though lol!
2) Honestly I enjoyed the tour of the school. There is a lot of history at HUCD and I enjoyed it for that very reason. In regards to cons, I didn't really come across any, maybe this was because I was so excited to be there!
3) I only stayed for 2 days, didn't really get to see much of the city seeing as though I spent the bulk of my time preparing for my interview, which I didn't mind. At the end of the day the goal was to secure that acceptance, so sacrifices had to be made!
4) I wish I had arrived on time to my interview, I underestimated the traffic and walked in about 15 min late. Luckily for me they start things off in a group/open forum so my tardiness was excused in a sense.

Advice:
Be comfortable and be yourself! Ask questions, it'll help break the ice and make you a little more relaxed. Also for your interview, know the traditional questions: why do you want to be a dentist, why HUCD, etc... Be ready to address anything in your application that may raise an eyebrow. I had a "W" in biochem and had to explain what happened (hurricane season- I'm from Florida). Another important thing is to know their mission statement, vision statement, and values. I was asked to reiterate HUCDs mission statement. I knew the answer, but went totally blank the minute my interviewer asked me. I bounced back like a second later, gave him the answer, and moved forward. Overall it was a great experience, just be confident! Let them know that you are ready to accept the challenge and are deserving of this opportunity!

I saw from your previous postings that you may be pursuing the MSMS @ WesternU! The fact that you got this interview based off your undergrad performance alone says a lot, so make it count!

Goodluck- wishing you all the best!

Here's the link to the mission & vision statements: Welcome | College of Dentistry | Howard University
Wow! Thank you for the wealth of information you took the time to give, I really appreciate it! I’ll definitely try to get the mission statement and vision in my head now. I’m nervous and excited about the opportunity especially considering the rich history behind the university as you mentioned.

And yeah I actually got accepted into the MSMS program! I originally wasn’t going to apply to dental school this cycle because I thought it was too late for me. I took the DAT December 11th and my parents encouraged me to apply anyway so I applied the next day. I didn’t really think much would come of it tho so I continued with my plan for the masters program and now here I am lol

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone received word on financial aid?

Nope nothing yet on my end... though I did get an email saying that I had to go into my Bison account and complete the 1718 Title IV Authorization Form. From my understanding this form pretty much allows the school to refund any monies in excess of your tuition. Hopefully we hear something by May regarding financial aid.

Wow, okay I didn't receive that email so I'll be on the lookout for it, thank you!

No prob, honestly you may just wanna log into your Bison Web Portal and knock it out! I saw that my FAFSA was received too, but I never got a notice for that...

How do you check to see if your FAFSA has been received?

I just got an email from Howard saying they weren’t able to offer me an email because of my DAT score, and on AADSAS it says application......but my current DAT score hasn’t even been processed by AADSAS. Will they be able to review my new scores or is that it? :(
Could you please mention your DAT score?

Status
Not open for further replies.