***The Official Howard University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that got an interview invite, did you receive a confirmation email after accepting the interview?
I'm not sure if this counts as a confirmation email but soon after sending my email accepting the interview, I realized that I misspelled Ms. Nixon's name and wrote Dixon instead. I quickly followed up my email with an apology to which she responded to it by acknowledging my apology. When I sent the picture in though, I never received confirmation on that.

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have received an interview invite.. what are your stats?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure if this counts as a confirmation email but soon after sending my email accepting the interview, I realized that I misspelled Ms. Nixon's name and wrote Dixon instead. I quickly followed up my email with an apology to which she responded to it by acknowledging my apology. When I sent the picture in though, I never received confirmation on that.

You won’t get no confirmation since it happened to me. Just show up to ur interview on time. When is your interview?

interview was today, super chill people.

Is it too late to apply to Howard?

Has anyone successfully gotten through to Howard or has any tips to do so? My status on aadsas just changed to this recently when I clicked on "Decision Status" - Applications remain in this status until the $75 application fee is received. When we acknowledge receipt of your fee your status will change to "Received App complete" Your file is then ready for review by the Admissions Committee.

I paid my app fee via certified mail back in August and I know it was delivered by checking the tracking number. I never got a confirmation email though. This status change is making me paranoid that they never received it. Anyone else see this message??
I posted an email in this forum

interview was today, super chill people.
Is Howard your top choice? What kinda information did they put out during your interview? Also do you feel as though you got in?

Have you received any other interviews?

Is Howard your top choice? What kinda information did they put out during your interview? Also do you feel as though you got in?

Have you received any other interviews?
Yes, Howard is my top choice. All they told us during the interview was that decisions will begin to be sent out at 12 AM on December 3rd and there would be a $1000 deposit due 30 days after offer. There was also general information given about the school itself during the tour. I feel good about how my interview went but one can never be 100% sure so I'm just trying to stay positive until the 3rd.

Yes, Howard is my top choice. All they told us during the interview was that decisions will begin to be sent out at 12 AM on December 3rd and there would be a $1000 deposit due 30 days after offer. There was also general information given about the school itself during the tour. I feel good about how my interview went but one can never be 100% sure so I'm just trying to stay positive until the 3rd.
Understood! Thanks for the reply and goodluck! HUCD is my top choice as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent their money a week ago, but I never heard from them. Finger crossed
Is it too late to apply to Howard?
I personally applied to them a week ago.
I would apply if I were you.

By the way, do they accept people who are not URM?

Mrs.Nixon told us dec 1st at 12 am . My interview was oct 22.HU is my top choice too since I leave in Maryland. I hope that we all get in.

I
I sent their money a week ago, but I never heard from them. Finger crossed

I personally applied to them a week ago.
I would apply if I were you.

By the way, do they accept people who are not URM?

I just applied to Howard. Should I wait for their emails to pay the secondary fee?

Just got an interview Sunday! will see any of you all on November 19th! Haven't submitted my photo yet though

Anybody have their status change from "received/under review" to "none" ? Thank you

I

I just applied to Howard. Should I wait for their emails to pay the secondary fee?

I didn't wait and they haven't confirmed yet so I don't know but my friend waited and they have confirmed receiving the money.
They will ask you to send the money in 2-5 days. So, I don't know I can't tell you to send the money before they asking for it as I did that and I haven't received any confirmation yet and it's has been a
week.

I

I just want to update you that they sent me a message saying they have received the money, so yeah, send the money order now. I sent it with FedEx.
Do you want to know their
address and stuff?

I just want to update you that they sent me a message saying they have received the money, so yeah, send the money order now. I sent it with FedEx.
Do you want to know their
address and stuff?
I received an email asking for the money yesterday. The email has the address. Thanks for your help. Good luck to both of us. :)

I received an email asking for the money yesterday. The email has the address. Thanks for your help. Good luck to both of us. :)

Best of luck. Hope we all get in :)

Damn this thread is stagnant compared to the others! Are people not applying to Howard, or is it that no one cares to talk about their experience with HUCD thus far?

Maybe that'll change once December hits! Is their class size still 70-80 students or has it increased? I've heard of people getting a full ride scholarship to HUCD and others getting their first year paid for in full. Any truth to this?

Anyone know if they place more emphasis on GPA, DAT, or extracurriculars? A buddy told me that someone got accepted with a 14, he purchased the ADEA Guide to Dental School Booklet and saw those stats there. That's crazy, if true!

Reactions: 1 users
Yes. I was told this during my interview as well !

Damn this thread is stagnant compared to the others! Are people not applying to Howard, or is it that no one cares to talk about their experience with HUCD thus far?

Maybe that'll change once December hits! Is their class size still 70-80 students or has it increased? I've heard of people getting a full ride scholarship to HUCD and others getting their first year paid for in full. Any truth to this?

Anyone know if they place more emphasis on GPA, DAT, or extracurriculars? A buddy told me that someone got accepted with a 14, he purchased the ADEA Guide to Dental School Booklet and saw those stats there. That's crazy, if true!
Yes the class size is still about 80- give or take. I haven't heard anything about a full ride scholarship, a lot of people were talking about going the armed forces route and allow them to help pay for school. I think they look at the application more holistically. The interview experience was really relaxed and comfortable. You get to interview with a 4th yr and faculty member for about 20 -25min . They print out your application and skim through while asking the questions. They want to know who you really are and maybe ask about some hiccups they see on your app ..

Yes the class size is still about 80- give or take. I haven't heard anything about a full ride scholarship, a lot of people were talking about going the armed forces route and allow them to help pay for school. I think they look at the application more holistically. The interview experience was really relaxed and comfortable. You get to interview with a 4th yr and faculty member for about 20 -25min . They print out your application and skim through while asking the questions. They want to know who you really are and maybe ask about some hiccups they see on your app ..

Cool! How many people were in your interview group?

Thanks for answering! Do you know how many rounds of interviews they do Pre-December? or how many people are interviewed Pre-december?
I think I may have been in earlier rounds.. so I am assuming they interview well into the new year but I am not sure on how many rounds pre and post

I think I may have been in earlier rounds.. so I am assuming they interview well into the new year but I am not sure on how many rounds pre and post

Hmm okay, Thank you! I'm just curious to know how many people get interviews Pre-December vs how many are accepted on the first day possible to get accepted.

Hmm okay, Thank you! I'm just curious to know how many people get interviews Pre-December vs how many are accepted on the first day possible to get accepted.
I wondered the same thing. My interview had ten people in it and that was November 5th so I'm wondering how do they select who is interviewing when. I've read in another thread from previous years that "137" people were interviewed BUT I'm a little skeptical as to how someone would have known the exact number if they're not working for the admissions board so I don't know. But the numbers do seem to be fairly small in comparison to other schools.

I wondered the same thing. My interview had ten people in it and that was November 5th so I'm wondering how do they select who is interviewing when. I've read in another thread from previous years that "137" people were interviewed BUT I'm a little skeptical as to how someone would have known the exact number if they're not working for the admissions board so I don't know. But the numbers do seem to be fairly small in comparison to other schools.

My interview had around 12 people in it , and I think there are only four rounds of interviews pre-december. So I am wondering if our chances are high considering there was not that many people interviews Pre-December

My interview had around 12 people in it , and I think there are only four rounds of interviews pre-december. So I am wondering if our chances are high considering there was not that many people interviews Pre-December
Our chances are high simply because we received an offer to interview pre- December so the fact that there isn't a lot of rounds and/or people per round is definitely a good sign. All we can do is stay hopeful!

Our chances are high simply because we received an offer to interview pre- December so the fact that there isn't a lot of rounds and/or people per round is definitely a good sign. All we can do is stay hopeful!

Ya! I just need to be more optimistic, I can't help but look for stats to compare. This time between now and December first is killing me.

Ya! I just need to be more optimistic, I can't help but look for stats to compare. This time between now and December first is killing me.

I can definitely relate! I've been looking at previous HUCD posts and comparing everyone else's stats to my own. But at the end of the day, whats meant for you is meant for you! And if HUCD is the school that you're destined to go to then IT WILL HAPPEN! I firmly believe that! So I'm just gonna do my best to relax until I hear something back.

Hi everyone! I received an invite to interview at Howard on Dec. 3rd. I emailed them back to reserve their seat but haven't gotten a response - did anyone get confirmation of their interview after saving your seat? If so, how long did it take?

Hi everyone! I received an invite to interview at Howard on Dec. 3rd. I emailed them back to reserve their seat but haven't gotten a response - did anyone get confirmation of their interview after saving your seat? If so, how long did it take?
No I didn't get a confirmation either.. I just reserved my spot and showed up ;)

I’m a D1. I saw at least 10 groups of interviewees between September and now. All of the sizes varied. Just keep in mind Howard is very selective on who they interview. They have an 80% acceptance rate for those interviewed. Relax and try not to worry too much. Good luck to you all

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I’m a D1. I saw at least 10 groups of interviewees between September and now. All of the sizes varied. Just keep in mind Howard is very selective on who they interview. They have an 80% acceptance rate for those interviewed. Relax and try not to worry too much. Good luck to you all

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi, can you tell us more about the school, it's hard to find any info, to be honest.

Like what the clinical experience and courses feel like, the class profile and the instructors way of teaching, do you like it so far? Are D1 involved in outreach programs?

Thanks.

Has Howard sent out any rejections?

Has Howard sent out any rejections?

I don't think so, at least I haven't heard of anyone getting a rejection from Howard just yet. GOOD-LUCK TO EVERYONE ON MONDAY!!! I hope we all receive good news!

Last edited:
I am also! Question: do you have an exact time for your interview? Or a range of time to come?

Good luck Monday to us all!!!

Huh? The interview time wasn't included in the email invite? Mine was from 9am-2pm.

Yes, that’s what it said. I think I just asked my question weird.

Great, make sure you know their Mission Statement: "To lead in the advancement of healthcare and health equality, locally and globally." Also be ready to answer the basics like "why do you want to be dentist?" "How do you relieve stress/ what do you do for fun?" Be able to elaborate on anything in your app, whether good or bad! I was asked about a "W" that I received in one of my classes... gave my interviewers my explanation and they completely understood.

Lastly, ask a question or two doing the initial meet and greet- which is in a group setting. It'll help break the ice and help you get over any anxiety that you may have (this is just my opinion). I think the group setting in the beginning of the interview process is just to see how you interact with others. During my interview we (my group) spent more time together than we did apart and I believe that the cadre were observing us the entire time. Then again I could just be paranoid lol. Also make sure you're not late!!!! I was about 10 min late because I completely underestimated how crazy the traffic is in D.C. My hotel was only 25min away from the school, but it took me an hour to get there, and I left early smh!

Overall very relaxed experience, just put your best foot forward and you'll do great! Again goodluck!

Last edited:
Since we're interviewing on Dec. 3rd, I wonder if there's a chance that we'll find out if we got accepted that same day or at least within the week. Anticipation is killing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.