***The Official Howard University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also,do y’all think it would be pushy to email her since it’s passed the time she said she would notify us ?

Members don't see this ad.

H
I don’t know about Howard, but if they’re anything like my HBCU no, lol. I’m holding out as long as possible though!
Hmm how come you’re the second person to suggest HBCUs have slow response times etc.. Everyone continually seems to be making these insinuations so I’m still wondering if this is typical at HBCUs?

Also,do y’all think it would be pushy to email her since it’s passed the time she said she would notify us ?

I don't think it's pushy at all. I know she's the only one working there and all, but they DID tell us that we'd hear back within a specific timeframe. If they told us something vague like "within 2-3 weeks" then I wouldn't be so bothered by it. I say email her!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that we should all be patient with her . She has not even answered those who had been accepted like me and others. Let’s hope that she is okay first and wait .

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been rejected? I haven’t heard anything yet.

H

Hmm how come you’re the second person to suggest HBCUs have slow response times etc.. Everyone continually seems to be making these insinuations so I’m still wondering if this is typical at HBCUs?
It isn’t an insinuation really.... It is typical, and that isn’t speaking negatively on them, just a fact. I LOVED my HBCU, but they were slow when it came to certain things, and most people say the same who attended one. They are great in so many ways, but that is something they could definitely learn from PWIs.

It isn’t an insinuation really.... It is typical, and that isn’t speaking negatively on them, just a fact. I LOVED my HBCU, but they were slow when it came to certain things, and most people say the same who attended one. They are great in so many ways, but that is something they could definitely learn from PWIs.
Ahh cool cool. That’s what I figured. I’ve heard various things so I’ve been wondering as it appears some people here have attended a HBCU. I’m sure there’s a lot of pros to the culture as well. From what I’ve been told the HBCU experience is very supportive of one another. What is it that you love about your HBCU?

Dec. 3 folks check your emails !! I just got the acceptance today 11:22am !!

Reactions: 1 users
For those who got accepted and plan to attend HUCD, our Facebook group is HUCD class of 2023.

Accepted today! Congrats to everyone else that got accepted :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone sent in their $1,000 deposit yet? If so did you receive a confirmation email?

No confirmation email. I handed mine in person to the receptionist in room 126

Has anyone sent in their $1,000 deposit yet? If so did you receive a confirmation email?
I emailed Ms. Nixon and she said to drop it off January 2nd. I'm assuming the office is closed for the holidays. I'm really considering taking a day off from work so that I don't miss it. I'm really not trying to lose my spot lol

I've tried calling and emailing the admissions office and I haven’t been successful in contacting the office. Does that mean my application hasn't been looked at? Does Ms. Nixon have her own email address that I can reach out to?

Howard will be closed till January 2nd I think

I just declined my offer of admission to HUCD. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear good news :)

Anyone heard anything lately? Interview invites? Rejections?

Any news? Did they stop interviewing?

Just received confirmation that my $1,000 deposit has been received and that my seat has been reserved. AADSAS was updated too, now it says "Offer Accepted."

Just received confirmation that my $1,000 deposit has been received and that my seat has been reserved. AADSAS was updated too, now it says "Offer Accepted."
Are we supposed to receive a packet?

Are we supposed to receive a packet?

That's a great question... I haven't received anything as of yet. Hopefully we'll get something soon, including financial aid info!

I haven't received a packet either! If we didn't receive a scholarship offer when we received our acceptance, do we assume we didn't earn one?

I haven't received a packet either! If we didn't receive a scholarship offer when we received our acceptance, do we assume we didn't earn one?

No, during my interview she said that financial awards will come out later- after the acceptance. I dont think anyone has received a scholarship just yet! The unfortunate part is that I know of a few people who have turned down their acceptances due to the lack of scholarship info. They had until Jan 3rd to decide and they didnt wanna commit blindly. These same people obviously had multiple acceptances though with scholarships listed.

No, during my interview she said that financial awards will come out later- after the acceptance. I dont think anyone has received a scholarship just yet! The unfortunate part is that I know of a few people who have turned down their acceptances due to the lack of scholarship info. They had until Jan 3rd to decide and they didnt wanna commit blindly. These same people obviously had multiple acceptances though with scholarships listed.

Yeah I see where they're coming from smh. Ok, well hopefully it'll be soon.

Just got an interview invite!! January 28th!! :)

Congratulations and good luck!

Congrats on your interview! When did you submit your app?
Thanks you! They received my application 7/14 and received my application fee 8/2.

Hey im applying next cycle. Have a quick question. Aside from A&P 1 and 2 not being accepted from a CC, what about Ochem II & Physics? I may have to take Biochem at a CC as well due to availability (Currently enrolled full time in pharm school and cant do both during the semester). Have people gotten in with science courses from CC in the last few cycles? I tried calling Howard but I can never get through. I know some people that graduated that had a lot of classes from a CC but want to see if anything has changed since then.

When I called Ms.Nixon about taking AP at CC she seemed pretty adamant about me having to take it at a 4 year University. So I would try to contact her about specific situations and scenarios as to why you have to take it at CC, they could make exceptions,it never hurts to email and ask.

How any of you can reach Ms Nixon other than email? What’s the phone number are you calling?

Accepted!!!

Reactions: 7 users
sorry I was realized you are the same person who answered me a few weeks ago!

Accepted !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.