-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2005 Secondary Thread part 01
Started by Stewie87
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
oh, i almost forgot...
just so no one feels alone/worried, upitt and case have started sending out secondaries, and i haven't received either one. my stats are not very likely to be screened out, either. so don't fret, they're on the way.
just so no one feels alone/worried, upitt and case have started sending out secondaries, and i haven't received either one. my stats are not very likely to be screened out, either. so don't fret, they're on the way.
leechy said:Nope you're not. I haven't gotten it either.
I haven't gotten Pitt either, for that matter. These schools must be hatin' on me.
Do you have a last name that is far down in the alphabet? My friend got his UMich yesterday and I got mine today. His last name is with an "N" and mine is an "S"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mdsh00 said:Do you have a last name that is far down in the alphabet? My friend got his UMich yesterday and I got mine today. His last name is with an "N" and mine is an "S"
If that is the case they skipped me and my last name that begins with "C"
You rock, thanks for the effort, sure made this thread a lot more useful for SDN.
too bad no penn or BU for me 🙁
cry cry
R_C_
ps- to superdevil: dont people with high stats get screened out of schools that feel they'll be a "saftey"? im confused about this, and a little worried because i think i have an app that is competitive everywhere, but a lock nowhere (lots of holes, but lots of high points...)
ah well
too bad no penn or BU for me 🙁
cry cry
R_C_
ps- to superdevil: dont people with high stats get screened out of schools that feel they'll be a "saftey"? im confused about this, and a little worried because i think i have an app that is competitive everywhere, but a lock nowhere (lots of holes, but lots of high points...)
ah well
ms2209 said:Hey all, in the hopes of organizing this thread, I went through and made a list of the secondaries that people have received thus far. I'm sorry if there are any overlaps, and if I've forgotten anything please feel free to add it in. Good luck to everyone! 😍
Secondaries Received for 2005
MCW: 7-6-04/email
Weill Cornell: 7-7-04/email
UConn: 7-7-04/email
Georgetown: 7-7-04/email
WashU: 7-7-04/email
UCSD: 7-7-04/email
UCHC: 7-7-04/email
Baylor: 7-8-04/email
Hopkins: 7-12-04/snailmail packet
Yale: 7-13-04/email
UMass: 7-6-04/email
OSU: 7-7-04/email
UOklahoma: 7-8-04/email
Creighton: 7-8-04/email
UC Irvine: 7-8-04/email
UMDNJ-NJMS: 7-9-04/email
GWU: 7-12-04/email
SUNY Buffalo: 7-12-04/email
UAMS: 7-12-04/snailmail
AESOM: 7-13-04/email
Jefferson: 7-13-04/email
SUNY Upstate: 7-13-04/email
Wright State: 7-13-04/email
USF: 7-13-04/email
MUSC: 7-8-04/email
ECU: 7-13-04/email
EVMS: 7-14-04/email
FSU: 7-14-04/email
UVA: 7-15-04/email
UMich: 7-15-04/email
Temple: 7-15-04/email
UPenn: 7-15-04/snailmail packet
Rochester: 7-15-04/snailmail packet
Colorado: 7-16-04/email
Rush: 7-16-04/email
Reinhard said:Did anyone get a secondary from UChicago Pritzker? One of my friends says that she's working on it already, but no one here seems to have received one. 😕
Anyone?
I got Pritzker today. Its freaking extensive as hell. Its like 4 essay questions that seem like they'll be a pain in the a$$. Do they pre-screen?
pbehzad said:I got Pritzker today. Its freaking extensive as hell. Its like 4 essay questions that seem like they'll be a pain in the a$$. Do they pre-screen?
Was Pritzker snail mail or email?
I heard they don't pre-screen.
RC,ps- to superdevil: dont people with high stats get screened out of schools that feel they'll be a "saftey"? im confused about this, and a little worried because i think i have an app that is competitive everywhere, but a lock nowhere (lots of holes, but lots of high points...)
what you said may be true in some cases, but not for case or upitt (the two schools i mentioned). i'm an OH resident with a high GPA + MCAT (although not like your MCAT 😉 ), and people with that profile often end up at case (unless ohio state offers better financial aid). also, i know a guy from my school who got in at upitt with a 37 MCAT last year, so they clearly didn't screen him out.
as far as others schools screening "against" people with high-ass numbers, i think they usually give people like that the benefit of the doubt and invite them for interviews to better gauge the applicant's interest in the school.
don't worry, all is well. 👍
sd
mdsh00 said:Do you have a last name that is far down in the alphabet? My friend got his UMich yesterday and I got mine today. His last name is with an "N" and mine is an "S"
Heh, by the alphabetic measure, they must have skipped over me. Or else, maybe they're going by date of transmission.
DrThom said:Pritzker came through email. I got it today at 6:15 pm
What are your stats? I wonder if they are still debating about others
brs23 said:Most Schools do NOT want us to send an additional transcript to their office-right? (In addition to the AMCAS verified transcript record)
Does Columbia?
Anyone know?
ben
Wisconsin does for a fact
adamj61 said:What are your stats? I wonder if they are still debating about others
Click the mdapplicants link, my friend.....the link will tell all
Seriously, the send everyone a supplement or so they said in the email. They also said in the email that they just received my information and not my verified AMCAS even though I have been verified since 6/22...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my pre-med advisor *really* wanted me to apply to chicago after she spoke to their dean of addmissions (or something) at a conferance, partly because i had applied to NW. i had already been processed and decided not to spend the extra ca$h on the AMCAS submission and secondary charge. 4 essays, eh?edit: id like to add that the pritzker secondary looks to be a bitch, 4 essays.
wow, looks like i actually did something right! 😱
UCSD today ...
does someone mind posting what the 4 essays are for U of Chicago, Pritzker?What would a weekend be like without essays, right? Thanks in advance
calstudent said:does someone mind posting what the 4 essays are for U of Chicago, Pritzker?What would a weekend be like without essays, right? Thanks in advance
Relate an experience in which you felt you truly helped someone.
If you have been involved in research, what did you learn that makes this type of experience worth recommending to others?
Tell us about a difficult or challenging situation that you have encountered and how you dealt with it. In your response, identify both the coping skills that you called upon to resolve the dilemma, and the support person(s) from whom you sought advice.
Most individuals live by a system of values and beliefs which serve as a guiding principle for daily living. What influences have been particularly important to you? Please describe both values and influences.
all sounds kinda bull*hitty if you ask me....
just got Pritzker via email
leechy said:Heh, by the alphabetic measure, they must have skipped over me. Or else, maybe they're going by date of transmission.
Nahh...because my friend's primary was verified after mine. Don't worry! I'm sure yours is on the way.
come on, pritzker, show some love. thank you to drthom for posting the questions. could someone tell me how many characters or words the limit is for them?
thanks in advance. by the way for an above poster lamenting that UPenn hasn't sent any invitation, don't worry it is probably in the mail, and Upenn said they will send an email sometime next week. word on the street is that every1 gets a secondary invite.
thanks in advance. by the way for an above poster lamenting that UPenn hasn't sent any invitation, don't worry it is probably in the mail, and Upenn said they will send an email sometime next week. word on the street is that every1 gets a secondary invite.
IndyZX said:yup, just got pritzker, waiting on umich though
edit: id like to add that the pritzker secondary looks to be a bitch, 4 essays.
take a look at Rush

calstudent said:come on, pritzker, show some love. thank you to drthom for posting the questions. could someone tell me how many characters or words the limit is for them?
thanks in advance. by the way for an above poster lamenting that UPenn hasn't sent any invitation, don't worry it is probably in the mail, and Upenn said they will send an email sometime next week. word on the street is that every1 gets a secondary invite.
1300 characters for the first two
2400 characters for the second two
If you think the pritzker secondary sucks, you should meet my friend RUSH
DrThom said:You did? Congrats.....
I am now all by my lonesome without a U Mich secondary.... 🙁 🙁 🙁
Dude, at least you got a Pritzker (I haven't). Hang in there. Maybe it's a good news that you will get an invite for letter of rec.
Thanks for the help with the essays. I wish I hadn't asked for UChicago... 🙂
OK - so I got Pritzer and UPitt today and both want course listings (didn't I already do that on the AMCAS?) But I'm wondering how to include lab. On Pritzers I just put and lab for courses that had a lab component (same course name and number), but had problems with those that had separate labs like physics and ochem that had different numbers because there wasn't enough room for all of them and I don't want them to think I didn't take lab. With UPitt I have the opposite problem. There are spaces designated lecture and lab, but what if they were both? How did you guys do them?
this seriously pisses me off. wright state has you enter all of your courses that satisfy their pre-reqs (you know, 1 year of this, 1 year of that, etc.), but PLEASE tell me that upitt doesn't want EVERY course we've ever taken!!!!OK - so I got Pritzer and UPitt today and both want course listings (didn't I already do that on the AMCAS?)
the peeps on the adcom should just read the damn AMCAS materials. a$$holes. 👎 😡
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finally, i have been shown love by pritzker. i think they've only seen our gpa and mcat cause they said that they havent even received the whole amcas app yet! just a preliminary thing that tells them we want to apply there. maybe thats why they want the course listings.
superdevil said:this seriously pisses me off. wright state has you enter all of your courses that satisfy their pre-reqs (you know, 1 year of this, 1 year of that, etc.), but PLEASE tell me that upitt doesn't want EVERY course we've ever taken!!!!
the peeps on the adcom should just read the damn AMCAS materials. a$$holes. 👎 😡
No, they don't want every course listing, just the pre-reqs, but still....
got Prikzter too.....
they ask about research, does that mean they put a lot of weight on this. I have no research experience, should I even bother?
they ask about research, does that mean they put a lot of weight on this. I have no research experience, should I even bother?
I have another question....for UPitt, they want a cover sheet for each LOR. I already have all my LORs done so do I have to go back and ask all of them for another LOR for 1 school? Since it's summer and one of my profs just finished an LOR I would feel bad asking again.
paranitroxide said:got Prikzter too.....
they ask about research, does that mean they put a lot of weight on this. I have no research experience, should I even bother?
i have no research either....im just gonna apply anyway, ya neva know
Nevermind, I think I answered my own question. So if you have a lor service and have already waived your right to letters you don't have to do the cover sheet, correct? I'm so frazzled right now. I'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and want to get at least some stuff taken care of before then. Pritzers essays will just have to wait.
Just got my Pritzker, baby!!! I wonder who sent it out this late.
Secondaries Received for 2005
AESOM: 7-13-04/email
Baylor: 7-8-04/email
Colorado: 7-16-04/email
Cornell: 7-7-04/email
Creighton: 7-8-04/email
ECU: 7-13-04/email
EVMS: 7-14-04/email
FSU: 7-14-04/email
GWU: 7-12-04/email
Georgetown: 7-7-04/email
Jefferson: 7-13-04/email
Johns Hopkins: 7-12-04/snailmail packet
MCW: 7-6-04/email
MUSC: 7-8-04/email
OSU: 7-7-04/email
Pritzker (U Chicago): 7-16-04/email
Rochester: 7-15-04/snailmail packet
Rush: 7-16-04/email
SUNY Buffalo: 7-12-04/email
SUNY Upstate: 7-13-04/email
Temple: 7-15-04/email
UAMS: 7-12-04/snailmail
UCHC: 7-7-04/email
UC Irvine: 7-8-04/email
UCSD: 7-7-04/email
UConn: 7-7-04/email
UMass: 7-6-04/email
UMDNJ-NJMS: 7-9-04/email
UMich: 7-15-04/email
UOklahoma: 7-8-04/email
UPenn: 7-15-04/snailmail packet
UPitt: 7-16-04/email
USF: 7-13-04/email
UVA: 7-15-04/email
WashU: 7-7-04/email
Wright State: 7-13-04/email
Yale: 7-13-04/email
AESOM: 7-13-04/email
Baylor: 7-8-04/email
Colorado: 7-16-04/email
Cornell: 7-7-04/email
Creighton: 7-8-04/email
ECU: 7-13-04/email
EVMS: 7-14-04/email
FSU: 7-14-04/email
GWU: 7-12-04/email
Georgetown: 7-7-04/email
Jefferson: 7-13-04/email
Johns Hopkins: 7-12-04/snailmail packet
MCW: 7-6-04/email
MUSC: 7-8-04/email
OSU: 7-7-04/email
Pritzker (U Chicago): 7-16-04/email
Rochester: 7-15-04/snailmail packet
Rush: 7-16-04/email
SUNY Buffalo: 7-12-04/email
SUNY Upstate: 7-13-04/email
Temple: 7-15-04/email
UAMS: 7-12-04/snailmail
UCHC: 7-7-04/email
UC Irvine: 7-8-04/email
UCSD: 7-7-04/email
UConn: 7-7-04/email
UMass: 7-6-04/email
UMDNJ-NJMS: 7-9-04/email
UMich: 7-15-04/email
UOklahoma: 7-8-04/email
UPenn: 7-15-04/snailmail packet
UPitt: 7-16-04/email
USF: 7-13-04/email
UVA: 7-15-04/email
WashU: 7-7-04/email
Wright State: 7-13-04/email
Yale: 7-13-04/email
wends said:Finally, i have been shown love by pritzker. i think they've only seen our gpa and mcat cause they said that they havent even received the whole amcas app yet! just a preliminary thing that tells them we want to apply there. maybe thats why they want the course listings.
Pritzker doesn't screen. Everybody gets a secondary. Surprisingly, the invitations have been sent out at different times, which means they weren't sent through massmail. However, everyone will get one.
IllinoisStudent said:Pritzker doesn't screen. Everybody gets a secondary. Surprisingly, the invitations have been sent out at different times, which means they weren't sent through massmail. However, everyone will get one.
Awww! And I though they loved me.
IndyZX said:This sucks. I want all my secondaries right now. I would like to get this part of the application process over as quickly as possible.
Tell me about it. I want my part over and done with and have the balls on their court.
Adding University of South Carolina
Secondaries Received for 2005
AESOM: 7-13-04/email
Baylor: 7-8-04/email
Colorado: 7-16-04/email
Cornell: 7-7-04/email
Creighton: 7-8-04/email
ECU: 7-13-04/email
EVMS: 7-14-04/email
FSU: 7-14-04/email
GWU: 7-12-04/email
Georgetown: 7-7-04/email
Jefferson: 7-13-04/email
Johns Hopkins: 7-12-04/snailmail packet
MCW: 7-6-04/email
MUSC: 7-8-04/email
OSU: 7-7-04/email
Pritzker (U Chicago): 7-16-04/email
Rochester: 7-15-04/snailmail packet
Rush: 7-16-04/email
SUNY Buffalo: 7-12-04/email
SUNY Upstate: 7-13-04/email
Temple: 7-15-04/email
UAMS: 7-12-04/snailmail
UCHC: 7-7-04/email
UC Irvine: 7-8-04/email
UCSD: 7-7-04/email
UConn: 7-7-04/email
UMass: 7-6-04/email
UMDNJ-NJMS: 7-9-04/email
UMich: 7-15-04/email
UOklahoma: 7-8-04/email
UPenn: 7-15-04/snailmail packet
UPitt: 7-16-04/email
USF: 7-13-04/email
UVA: 7-15-04/email
WashU: 7-7-04/email
Wright State: 7-13-04/email
Yale: 7-13-04/email
USC 7-16-04/email
Secondaries Received for 2005
AESOM: 7-13-04/email
Baylor: 7-8-04/email
Colorado: 7-16-04/email
Cornell: 7-7-04/email
Creighton: 7-8-04/email
ECU: 7-13-04/email
EVMS: 7-14-04/email
FSU: 7-14-04/email
GWU: 7-12-04/email
Georgetown: 7-7-04/email
Jefferson: 7-13-04/email
Johns Hopkins: 7-12-04/snailmail packet
MCW: 7-6-04/email
MUSC: 7-8-04/email
OSU: 7-7-04/email
Pritzker (U Chicago): 7-16-04/email
Rochester: 7-15-04/snailmail packet
Rush: 7-16-04/email
SUNY Buffalo: 7-12-04/email
SUNY Upstate: 7-13-04/email
Temple: 7-15-04/email
UAMS: 7-12-04/snailmail
UCHC: 7-7-04/email
UC Irvine: 7-8-04/email
UCSD: 7-7-04/email
UConn: 7-7-04/email
UMass: 7-6-04/email
UMDNJ-NJMS: 7-9-04/email
UMich: 7-15-04/email
UOklahoma: 7-8-04/email
UPenn: 7-15-04/snailmail packet
UPitt: 7-16-04/email
USF: 7-13-04/email
UVA: 7-15-04/email
WashU: 7-7-04/email
Wright State: 7-13-04/email
Yale: 7-13-04/email
USC 7-16-04/email
Question for people applying to Columbia - what do they want specifically when they ask, what sort of jobs did you do? Do they want just the names of the jobs, or do they want a description of what you did on the job? I got thrown off by the wording, because then it asks you to enter it in list format. Anyway, if you guys have any ideas, please let me know! Thanks! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any body got secondaries from the following ohio schools yet?
CIncinnati
NEOUCOM
Case
MCO
??
I've gotten the Wright State and Ohio State secondaries.
CIncinnati
NEOUCOM
Case
MCO
??
I've gotten the Wright State and Ohio State secondaries.
Of the secondaries people have been receiving so far, which schools are rolling and which are not? Of mine so far, the only rolling admission school I know of is UCI. I'm just trying to prioritize as these essays are really bogging me down.
Do you have the MSAR? It should tell you which schools are rolling/non-rolling.Kwerg said:Of the secondaries people have been receiving so far, which schools are rolling and which are not? Of mine so far, the only rolling admission school I know of is UCI. I'm just trying to prioritize as these essays are really bogging me down.
Good luck!
Does anyone know why the columbia secondary still has a 2004 due date? Do you think its a mistake that they haven't updated yet, or is it because thats not this year's secondary and we should wait to hear from them directly?
This is also the case for Hopkins' secondary... any ideas why?
Thanks.
This is also the case for Hopkins' secondary... any ideas why?
Thanks.
TripleDegree said:any body got secondaries from the following ohio schools yet?
CIncinnati
NEOUCOM
Case
MCO
??
I've gotten the Wright State and Ohio State secondaries.
Cincinnati. i haven't received anything, but their secondary is online and you can fill it out at any time. I already submitted mine... if you need the link to the page, check out the thread that says 2005 Secondary Links 👍
- Status
- Not open for further replies.