It's amusing that a department can add more NIH funding and keep all of their good faculty, not lose anyone, and still decrease precipitously in the rankings.Originally posted by Mick Turition
As someone headed for UAB, I just wish I knew how much the reputation of the IM department would decrease over past 2 years (ie. from #11 to #14 to #19). It's just such a shame that the quality is dissipating the way it so clearly must be. Oh, how I wish I had these crucial ranklists before completing my own ROL--things could have turned out so differently!
In the academic rankings, usnews doesn't distinguish between the Harvard hospitals or any of the other affiliate hospitals that med schools have.Originally posted by rgizmo
anyone know where BID boston would be in that mix?
UCLA didn't fill 6 spots last year, and look what it does to their rankings...Originally posted by whupdido
think vandy is going to go down for next year after not filling two spots?
I think they just shuffle a few spots, put them up, and call it a new edition
when it comes to nih grants BID does very well, although still in the shadow of MGH and Brigham:rgizmo said:anyone know where BID boston would be in that mix?
SachinG said:Newly ranked in 2004....
1. Johns Hopkins University (MD)
2. Harvard University (MA)
3. University of California?San Francisco
4. Duke University (NC)
5. University of Washington
6. University of Pennsylvania
7. Washington University in St. Louis
8. University of Michigan?Ann Arbor
9. Stanford University (CA)
10. U. of Texas Southwestern Medical Center?Dallas
11. Yale University (CT)
12. Columbia U. College of Physicians and Surgeons (NY)
13. University of California?Los Angeles (Geffen)
14. Mayo Medical School (MN)
15. University of Chicago
16. University of North Carolina?Chapel Hill
17. Vanderbilt University (TN)
18. Cornell University (Weill) (NY)
19. University of Alabama?Birmingham
20. University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
21. Emory University (GA)
University of California?San Diego
23. Northwestern University (Feinberg) (IL)
24. Baylor College of Medicine (TX)
New York University
26. University of Iowa (Roy J. & Lucille A. Carver)
University of Virginia
28. Case Western Reserve University (OH)
Mount Sinai School of Medicine (NY)