2005 - What did you receive today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Secondary application from Arizona and Loma Linda.

Members don't see this ad.

thanks i hope i get one soon....

my application was completed 2 weeks ago

Members don't see this ad :)
rocknightmare said:
thanks i hope i get one soon....

my application was completed 2 weeks ago

moi aussi, mon ami...although out of my range...i can still hope right? ;)

my application was held up at couple of schools b/c they never wanted to finish the file for me. i kept telling them that my DAT scores have a different name than my application name- (last name spelling differnet)

rocknightmare said:
my application was held up at couple of schools b/c they never wanted to finish the file for me. i kept telling them that my DAT scores have a different name than my application name- (last name spelling differnet)

I think you should clear this matter with the DAT testing center and make them correct the last name for you. Don't expect the school to be lenient on you because they have thousands of application to look at. Be active and try to correct thing ASAP. If you keep waiting and waiting you might not even get an interview. If a couple of schools do not agree to accept your DAT score due to mispelling of the last name then you should realize that they are very strict about this matter (and it makes sense too, because they don't want someone else take the exam for you). Good luck!!!

Got a phone call from Dr. Haring today from Ohio State telling me that I have been offered a spot in their class ( I was previously placed #2 on the out-of-state waiting list).

rocknightmare said:

I had a very similar problem. AADSAS had my SSN wrong my app so the SSN on my DAT scores didn't match. It took several phone calls to the schools to get everything straightened out. I called all the schools before I filed the paperwork with AADSAS to make sure that my app would be reviewed earlier in the cycle.

On top of that my DAT scores didn't get to USC....for some reason it got sent to Texas instead. I was a little surprised since I didn't apply to any Texas schools.

You should definately follow up on getting everything straightened out.

Mark

Dr.Smiley-OR said:
I think you should clear this matter with the DAT testing center and make them correct the last name for you. Don't expect the school to be lenient on you because they have thousands of application to look at. Be active and try to correct thing ASAP. If you keep waiting and waiting you might not even get an interview. If a couple of schools do not agree to accept your DAT score due to mispelling of the last name then you should realize that they are very strict about this matter (and it makes sense too, because they don't want someone else take the exam for you). Good luck!!!

the names are not wrong thats the only problem - both are fully legal. and i plan to correct this issue once i get my citizenship. i don't expect schools to correct them on their own, i expect if i call them or e-mail them to look into the situation and not ignore it ( thats what the application fee is for?) :)

Sorry gang, been out of commish studying for finals and working on my research project. Today I got an e-mail secondary (with interview date to come when they receive my secondary stuff) from Maryland. I got a Chapel Hill interview call yesterday for their final interview day. Last week I got Louisville, Nova interview emails and letters, respectively. Boston U interview date weeks ago.

gpa 3.1/science 3.4
DAT AA21/TS20/PA17
AASDAS sent October 6 :thumbup:

The Godfather said:
Sorry gang, been out of commish studying for finals and working on my research project. Today I got an e-mail secondary (with interview date to come when they receive my secondary stuff) from Maryland. I got a Chapel Hill interview call yesterday for their final interview day. Last week I got Louisville, Nova interview emails and letters, respectively. Boston U interview date weeks ago.

gpa 3.1/science 3.4
DAT AA21/TS20/PA17

thats a number of them:) congrats

The Godfather said:

gpa 3.1/science 3.4
DAT AA21/TS20/PA17

To clarify, AASDAS sent to schools October 6 :)

Members don't see this ad :)
rocknightmare said:
thats a number of them:) congrats

Thanks! To celebrate I'm officially taking the stress meter from a ten to an 8 and a half! :thumbup:

just a caution, maryland's interview was my toughest one.
it is like they are trying to interregate me or something(probably cos he is a phd =p).
that kinda changed my perspective of that sch depsite their awesome new dental building and extremely nice clinical faculty.
It is all good though cos that prepares me for any other interviews.
so, be ready.

ecdoesit said:
it is like they are trying to interregate me or something(probably cos he is a phd =p).
that kinda changed my perspective of that sch depsite their awesome new dental building and extremely nice clinical faculty.
so, be ready.

Please elaborate. Did they use the lone lightbulb and the rubber hose? Seriously, were they asking you about your creds, or about dentistry, or what? :scared:

Tufts Postcard: asking to cough up $60 to further process my application
Columbia letter: stating that my application is complete

SO, NOTHING GOOD! :cool:

ecdoesit said:
so, be ready.

totally agree i really dont like that school after the interview :mad:

I interviewed at 8 schools and I could see myself going to all 8 except Maryland. Baltimore is roughest town I have seen. The new dental building is very exciting, but there was just something about the school that I could not see myself attending the next four years.

Finally, a thin letter from Temple...

asking for 30 bones...
and hopefully an interview !?! Does anyone know when their last interview date is?
J

ecdoesit said:
so, be ready.
that's weird, everyone i've talked to who has interviewed there has said it's been their most laid-back interview of them all. did you have specific things in your app that made you a potential target? maybe the interviewer was in a bad mood and taking it out on you. that sucks! MD is still awesome (except that baltimore is ghetto as hell)

yea i want to knoew the naswer too.. its my next upcoming interview

just sent me a "continuing review" letter...about 4 sentences long....won't get my hopes up. that was my first letter though, it was nice to get SOMETHING in the mail....

UOP's website updated my status to "Re-review end of January" . . . sigh . . . :confused:

Hey teethtime i got the same thing, what are your stats?

Dentist 2 be said:
Hey teethtime i got the same thing, what are your stats?

my stats aren't great...3.2 GPA, 20 DAT also, i am not a new york resident, so the odds are pretty much against me!

you?

Got me one of those Creighton packages.. so.. Why AM I choosing Creighton?.. I cant really tell them that their average acceptance GPA is at my level.

coilz said:
Got me one of those Creighton packages.. so.. Why AM I choosing Creighton?.. I cant really tell them that their average acceptance GPA is at my level.

I just looked their brochure and website for whatever they are looking for in an applicant. I know it's a small space (4-5 lines), but try to be concise and specific. Don't worry about it too much, everyone feel the same way as you do cuz many of us have never been to the school and don't know the real reason of why want to attend it other than it's just a dental school and our dream is to become Dentists as stated in the personal statement.

Got me another package from Case Western today inviting me for an interview for their alternate list. Should I even think about going? Or should i wait for other interviews?

I'd go....if for nothing else than interview experience. Plus, maybe they will love you and you will be HIGH on the alt. list. :)

coilz said:
Got me another package from Case Western today inviting me for an interview for their alternate list. Should I even think about going? Or should i wait for other interviews?

Why not go? you've got nothing to lose, unless you got accepted to your top chioce. Plus that list will probably move faster than normal, not everyone accepted will go there for sure.

Acceptance to UW!!! Kathy Craig just called. The long awaited moment has finally arrived!