2005 - What did you receive today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sent AADSAS: Sept 3 2004
Received transcript: Sept 13 2004
Received 1 LOR: Oct 8 2004
Sent out app: Oct 14 2004
AADSAS pink slip: Oct 19 2004
AADSAS ID: 49XX

Members don't see this ad.

I'm nervous too since I just sent my application in last week. However, the way I see it is that adcoms would probably not make their final decision until after they get all the application from ADEA. Except when they see some super bright students. I've never been an adcom, but been in many interview/recruiting processes. We always wait until the deadline to make sure we pick out the best possible candidates.

luder98 said:
I'm nervous too since I just sent my application in last week. However, the way I see it is that adcoms would probably not make their final decision until after they get all the application from ADEA. Except when they see some super bright students. I've never been an adcom, but been in many interview/recruiting processes. We always wait until the deadline to make sure we pick out the best possible candidates.

the difference b/t dental school admission and others is that it is ROLLING BASED. means once they see qulified candidates, they will accept them, till the class is full.
actually on some schools' websites, they stated that apply early has great advantage

I am not tryin to let you down, apply now is not late at all. just try to explain :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Of course if they see qualified candidates, they will pick for sure. What I'm trying to say is that if someone is at the border line or below the expectation for a particular school, it will not help if the person applied early. The most the person can get is probably the interview and then will have to wait for others to be interviewed. In my case particular, I doubt that it will help me much if I had applied months ago.

luder98 said:
I'm nervous too since I just sent my application in last week. However, the way I see it is that adcoms would probably not make their final decision until after they get all the application from ADEA. Except when they see some super bright students. I've never been an adcom, but been in many interview/recruiting processes.

Not at all how it works. Schools are also playing this game, and have to make sure their class if full with the best applicants they can nab. So nab they do.

At a typical school, they've already accepted you or waitlisted you or rejected you within 2-10 days after interview.

Rolling admissions is just that--rolling! If schools waited until the end of their interview cycles (March/April), 90% of students would have already put money down at other programs (since acceptences go out Dec 1.), and it's tough to get them to go elsewhere at that point.

i hope im not already rejected....

i didn't think i had much chance at all..seeing that stats here..
but i got an interview from BU today!

yay!!
i also got BU, NYU and Columbia's confirmation letter + info.

YAY!

ItsGavinC said:
Not at all how it works. Schools are also playing this game, and have to make sure their class if full with the best applicants they can nab. So nab they do.

At a typical school, they've already accepted you or waitlisted you or rejected you within 2-10 days after interview.

Rolling admissions is just that--rolling! If schools waited until the end of their interview cycles (March/April), 90% of students would have already put money down at other programs (since acceptences go out Dec 1.), and it's tough to get them to go elsewhere at that point.
1. When I say wait until they get all app, I mean by the end of the deadline.

2. Help me understand why schools wait until Dec 1 to send out acceptance letters. They must have a reason. And I believe it's bc they want to see who is interested in their school. If GPA/DAT are way far off their expectation (both ends), I can see how "rolling" it is. But if someone falls in their "range", I doubt that they make decision as they interview.

I submitted AADSAS 8/16 and this week I got:

Secondaries from: iowa, Nebraska.

Interviews scheduled for:

UMKC-dec
Iowa-nov
Nebraska-Nov

Rejection:
Colorado (I knew this was coming) :(

I'm so pumped I get to add to this list! :D

fruity_trident said:

yay!!

YAY!
Yay fruity! :thumbup: :clap: :D

fruity_trident said:

yay!!

YAY!

Yes, congratulations! It only takes one! Best of luck!!!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Congradulations! :luck:

Well, it's been 120 days since I submitted my aadsas and I finally got my secondary from WVU. I've had 6 interviews already...They better really convince me that they want me to go there! I'll probably have a handful of acceptances before I even get an interview date...I'm excited to go though, one of my best friends got accepted there last year.

JavadiCavity said:
Interview invite from Michigan.

Javadi, how did they contact you?

So far, I got two rejections, from Loma Linda and UCSF. But I got secondaries/supplemental requests from UCLA, Creighton, Marquette and ASDOH. But I think they sent me these invitations/requests because they want to collect some 'chedda' from me (app. fees). Thats my pessimistic way of looking at this whole process.

So far I've received all sorts of info from schools confirming they have my app..

I've received two secondaries from schools and a request for some dinero, before I even took the DAT's, the beginning of October. I completed one because I would like to go there, and the other I knew probably wasn't really interested, because schools JUST got my DAT's ~10/25, and for this school inparticular, I was way below their averages. Now with my scores, I hope to be hearing about some interviews AND some rejections. I would much rather know where I stand.

fruity_trident said:

yay!!

YAY!

Hey fruity, when is your interview date? Just curious. People seem to be getting BU interview dates way into the new year!

quakinator said:
Well, it's been 120 days since I submitted my aadsas and I finally got my secondary from WVU. I've had 6 interviews already...They better really convince me that they want me to go there! I'll probably have a handful of acceptances before I even get an interview date...I'm excited to go though, one of my best friends got accepted there last year.

Hey: Is that 120 days since you pushed "submit" on the aadsas website....or 120 days since aadsas mailed your application to the different schools?

Well ........

Campaign material, and OH yah, more campaign material, and DID I mention a lot of mud slinging campaign material.

I just read that someone on the international thread had received an "acceptance" letter for U of Penn. Is that possible? I thought that all ADEA schools couldn't send anything out unitl Dec. 1st?

:confused:

Secondary for UMKC :) That was really quick. Infosource says that my app. was sent out on the 21st.

wow this sucks for me. you applied on august 16, assuming that aadsas didn't send your application until end of october .. it took almost 4 weeks after that to hear back from schools? :( :(

I submitted my aadsas on sept 13, so i probably wont' hear back from schools until december espically with thanks giving coming up :( :(

- Peace

msf41 said:
I've watched for months as you over achievers have posted your feedback from schools. I've been envious of your secondary applications, and your interview invites. I didn't submit AADSAS until 8/16 so I just started hearing from schools this week.

UMKC-got letter saying I could interview as soon as I finish secondary
Arizona-got e-mail inviting me to fill out secondary application

Not much compared to many of you, but I'm posting this so people that applied late don't completely lose hope. :D

rocknightmare said:
I submitted my aadsas on sept 13, so i probably wont' hear back from schools until december espically with thanks giving coming up :( :(

Don't worry, my app. was just sent out LAST Thursday and I have already received UMKC's secondary that says I can schedule my interview as soon as i send it in. I know that they are really quick, but maybe that can give you some hope :oops:

well i just got some confirmation letters from BU,NYU and Howard, Ialso got an interview for UF!!!!! now that interview makes me happy first one..... although my app just went out about two weeks ago so i wasnt sweating to bad yet...

Just received WICHE eligibility letter in mail today. There are 114 AZ dental WICHE students competing for 12 to 15 scholarships.

I got a letter from NYU inviting me to call & schedule an interview. The letter stated something about the importance of the interview in their acceptance process. I was afraid, judging by other recent interview dates on SDN, that my interview would not be before Jan at the earliest, but I was able to schedule for mid Nov. (that is another interview I got since retaking DAT & faxing out new scores-thanx to the Beach)
Also got letter last week from Buffalo: they'll "hold my application" during the remainder of the application cycle and re-review or something like that. Not sure what that means but I guess it's a notch above an outright rejection.
According to infosource: I am still in review at UNLV and at Pitt and at BU.

I recieved secondaries from meharry, Boston university, and nova!

BU has a secondary?

Darksunshine said:
Well ........

Campaign material, and OH yah, more campaign material, and DID I mention a lot of mud slinging campaign material.

I just read that someone on the international thread had received an "acceptance" letter for U of Penn. Is that possible? I thought that all ADEA schools couldn't send anything out unitl Dec. 1st?

:confused:

yes... a lot of them have ... the classes start at a different date for international dentists.... advanced standing ... a two year program.

ranark said:
i was wondering that myself.
I didn't get a secondary and was invited for a interview

rejection from maryland (expected...and it doesn't really hurt...i'm so proud of myself for not feeling like ****)

creighton saying i'm missing stuff (on infosource), even though the sent me stuff through mail saying they've got some of it (and i confirmed on the phone)

:thumbup:

Well I got a letter from USC that sounded a lot like an acceptance letter. Called a post-interview canidate letter. It basically says that I am now officially an "acceptable" student. I have been ranked some how (doesn't say what number) and that I need to return this other form in one week. It talks about how they have a rolling admission cycle and applicants are taken from this list and awarded positions in order until the class is full. It says this list can be up to 450 and they take only 144. Anyway, an exciting letter just to know that I am not getting a rejection letter. (err, yet any way :( )

:D

sorry to say this, but I talked to eva and everyone who goes to its interview get that post-interview package.

t12kim said:
sorry to say this, but I talked to eva and everyone who goes to its interview get that post-interview package.

Yes, everyone that interviews gets it. Ryan explained to my group that it is a part of the interview process and it is very important to return the survey asap.

t12kim said:

Yah, I figured it was a standard thing. I think that it is very cool that you know you aren't getting a rejection letter pronto or anything.

so i decided to send checks to all the schools ahead of time b4 they recieve my aadsas ( 3 weeks ago, they have recieved the aadsas application now). but on friday i got a letter from temple rejecting my check saying that they don't have my file yet :) i thought it was funny
they sent me back the check requesting for a new check when i recieve their card

Interview at BU but not until March! I assume this means it's for waitlist position?

does anyone know anyone that has heard from UDM re: interviews? what in the world can they be waiting for? i mean first round people are going start sitting down deposits in less than a month....

I called them last week and U of D said they were off to a slow start with the incoming class. I asked about interviews and she said that they just started interviewing but I agree it's crazy considering people may get acceptances very soon. I just really want to hear something from them!

Biogirl361 said:
does anyone know anyone that has heard from UDM re: interviews? what in the world can they be waiting for? i mean first round people are going start sitting down deposits in less than a month....
I'll see what I can find out about UDM at the open house this weekend. Are you guys gonna be there?

figures as soon as i post something i would answer my own question... a friend of mine got UDM interview by phone call today.
i wasn't planning on attending the open house because i figure i will probably be going out there to interview at some point anyway, at which time i will get the tour and information. it is nice that they invited us though.

Precarious_Yups said:
I just recieved a invitation to interview for an alternate list at Case (today, 11/8). I have 2 questions:
1) How long do I have to respond (i.e. can it wait until mid-December), and
2) is this thing even worth the hassle of going?? :confused:
1.) The longer you wait, the later the date. I'm a poet and I know it. I am not an alternative interview person but my interview date isn't until late February. I recommend scheduling now because you can always cancel.

2.) And it's your decision if it's worth the hassle...

Biogirl361 said:
figures as soon as i post something i would answer my own question... a friend of mine got UDM interview by phone call today.
i wasn't planning on attending the open house because i figure i will probably be going out there to interview at some point anyway, at which time i will get the tour and information. it is nice that they invited us though.
I live 40 mins away, so I figured why not, I'm curious to see what the facilities are like cause I've heard its not the best neighborhood in the world.

Received supplemental application from Loma Linda on 11/8/04......

drat said:
1.) I am not an alternative interview person but my interview date isn't until late February.
QUOTE]

I must suck then...I am an alternate interview person and I'm early March...do me a favor, please skip your interview, and if for those of you that haven't interviewed yet, but have one scheduled, please stay away from Case. JUST DON'T GO.

Just got the UCSF supplemental application link! YAY!