2005 - What did you receive today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
An email from UOP thanking me for coming in for an interview and that they look forward to talking to me on Dec 1. Woohoo! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Precarious_Yups said:
I just recieved a invitation to interview for an alternate list at Case (today, 11/8). I have 2 questions:
1) How long do I have to respond (i.e. can it wait until mid-December), and
2) is this thing even worth the hassle of going?? :confused:

Case's list DOES experience movement, if that helps at all.

Darksunshine said:
I just read that someone on the international thread had received an "acceptance" letter for U of Penn. Is that possible? I thought that all ADEA schools couldn't send anything out unitl Dec. 1st?

:confused:

International programs have their own criteria and aren't bound by the same rules as the programs you are applying to.

For example, international students have to have taken Part I and Part II prior to applying, and gotten above a ~90 on each to be a succesful applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ohio State's E-Secondary-Application.

Only took 15 mins to complete it... Go Bucks!

Precarious_Yups said:
I just recieved a invitation to interview for an alternate list at Case (today, 11/8). I have 2 questions:
1) How long do I have to respond (i.e. can it wait until mid-December), and
2) is this thing even worth the hassle of going?? :confused:
1) You are required to call the school to schedule for an interview. How long you want to wait until you make that call is entirely upto you. Remember, CASE interviews go very fast, I applied back in May, and was the 1st to be interviewed (8/16). If you just got interview invite, I think you might be looking at February, or January at the earliest... I would just call and check their current interview schedules, that will give you a better idea, although people who are interviewed January and after end up on alternate list, I would be cautious from not taking any action on the invitation. Case's class size is 70, I would not waste time if I was seriously considering that school.

2) I think the answer to this is in answer #1.

Good Luck

Ohio State interview baaaaby! :D

Received letter inviting me to schedule interview @ Buffalo. I wish it had come sooner, but still happy to go.

Pink sheets from AADSAS. (Sigh...)

I didn't want to make a new thread but has anyone received anything from USC lately? My application has been complete with them for 2 months now.

saman1 said:
I didn't want to make a new thread but has anyone received anything from USC lately? My application has been complete with them for 2 months now.

No, but they were really slow in processing mine. I would give them a call just to see if everything is alright.

my roomate called me to say i got a letter from them...i wasn't excitied, since i'm pretty sure of getting the big R from them..anyways, they sent me a letter saying they've got EVERYTHING from me, and will review further.

why don't they just send me the rejection already rather than saving me the heartache for later? :(

anyways, they said the "attached" their prospectus with the letter, but there isn't any of that...just 1 small thin regular business sized envelope with that letter...
:confused:

should i call/email them for the prospectus then?

has anybody heard from these schools lately??

case, mich, uconn, u columbia, temple, tufts, and pittsburgh? I haven't really heard anything from them, and I was planning to do a status check soon but i was going to wait till after the december 1st stuff calms down. what should i do?

Members don't see this ad :)
rocknightmare said:

case, mich, uconn, u columbia, temple, tufts, and pittsburgh? I haven't really heard anything from them, and I was planning to do a status check soon but i was going to wait till after the december 1st stuff calms down. what should i do?

do a status check asap

rocknightmare said:

have you interviewed with them yet? if you did, just called them all on dec. 1.

nope

i applied to 10 schools

heard back from 3 and waiting on theses

rocknightmare said:
nope

i applied to 10 schools

heard back from 3 and waiting on theses

i repeat, do a status check ASAP

I got an invitation to interview at Case Western for their alternate list.

so i called some schools today and they all said they are still revewing my applications..

only one that actual told me that i have an interview coming up is case (april 18)

more waiting..

i can't stand this, is it tomorrow yet? do yall think we will even hear anything tomorrow, or do schools put them in the mail tomorrow and we won't hear until friday? :eek: :confused: :scared: :( :confused:

Tommorrow is the day they send out the letters, and depending on you're mail service, you could recieve it the next day especially if you live in the same city as the dental school or it could be the following monday before you get a letter.

hockeydentist said:
Tommorrow is the day they send out the letters, and depending on you're mail service, you could recieve it the next day especially if you live in the same city as the dental school or it could be the following monday before you get a letter.

AHH now I have to wait to Friday or possibly longer. I just feel like I am going crazy. I had a dream last night that I only got rejections and I woke up thinking the dream was true :(

Nada
nunca
zip
zilch
zero
trying not to panic.... maybe I applied to the "turtle" schools....

:eek:

Darksunshine said:
Nada
nunca
zip
zilch
zero
trying not to panic.... maybe I applied to the "turtle" schools....

:eek:

i know it, i didn't receive anything today either, not even a phone call or an infosource update :mad: perhaps my schools put the letters in the mail today and i will hear on fri or sat. i'm not worried yet, but it's kind of depressing what with everyone else getting news already. i feel left out!

Biogirl i totally feel you hun! I didn't get anything either today and it sucks but you have great stats and your bound to get into some schools. Don't worry just give it till THE END OF THE WEEK. =)

Biogirl361 said:
i know it, i didn't receive anything today either, not even a phone call or an infosource update :mad: perhaps my schools put the letters in the mail today and i will hear on fri or sat. i'm not worried yet, but it's kind of depressing what with everyone else getting news already. i feel left out!

You probably should have called Case. My friend and I were on the phone earlier today and she was very eager to find out about Case so she decided to call them and then she called me right back. She found out she was accepted. I know how you feel about calling them, but she mentioned to me they were pleasant on the phone... at least they weren't rude or short. You may want to try to call them tomorrow.
Good luck!!!!!

yeah, i am 90% sure I am probably accepted at case and would know it if i had just called... so i guess i shouldn't be complaining too much :)

letter from Marquette-not rejection outright-not acceptance-they are keeping me "in review" Hockey, you and I are in limboland together.

Received my official VCU acceptance letter on Saturday 12/04/04

Maryland Acceptance (certified) 12/03/04

omaralt said:
hey guys, its finally offical for me, i just called aadsas, and they finally procesesed my application ( i submitted june 2nd). they said they'll send it out next week. my gpa as calculated by aadsas is:

overall- using plus/minus- 3.61 and not using 3.66

BCP- plus/minus= 3.48, not using = 3.52

Science- plus/minus = 3.51 , not using= 3.56

i know some schools dont use the plus/minus school (UF for sure doesnt, i called and asked) and i heard a few others dont. i'm still kinda worried about my DAT scores, specifically my PAT, i have a 21/15 :(
i was wondering if anybody here, or if you guys know anybody who got into UF with a 15. ( i am a FL resident) if so, i would love to talk to them. i also applied to case, nova, howard, UMB, UMDNJ, SUNY @ buffalo, and Temple. does anybody know which of these schools look the least at the PAT score? any help would be appreciated. by the way, my aadsas number is 579, even though i applied on June 2nd!!! thats crazy! looks like this year there are going to be thousands of applicants.

one last thing, u guys were saying that case sends out interviews early, how early? when should i expect to be getting replies from these schools? thanks guys,

omar

I got into UMDNJ with 20 PAT, I also have a friend who got in with a 17 PAT, if that helps.

Notification of Ranking on alternate list and waitlist confirmation at Ohio State

Waitlist confirmation at Louisville

Yesterday afternoon, I received an interview invitation to Arizona by phone!

Secondary application notification from UCSF and UCLA. Receipts from others.

An email today from UCSF inviting me for an interview!

a mail from VISA, threatening me to pay $25.34

should I pay?

mwsung said:
a mail from VISA, threatening me to pay $25.34

should I pay?

If you give me your account number I'll pay it for you ;)

I just received an email from UCLA informing me that I have been awarded the Regeant's Scholarship. Apparently, the amount of money that you are awarded is determined by your financial need. But you are garenteed $1000 per year. This doesn't really sound like very much, considering the total cost is ~$190,000. Oh well, I'm not complaining! :D

I got a letter from USC saying that my application is at the third and most critical level of review.... is that a good thing or is it something they give out to everyone? I hope its good!

Thanks

lionelhutz said:
I got a letter from USC saying that my application is at the third and most critical level of review.... is that a good thing or is it something they give out to everyone? I hope its good!

Thanks

Got that too.

I also got an Arizona interview invite. I declined. Hopefully it opens up a spot for one of you guys that are waiting. Good luck.

Jess_SB said:
I just received an email from UCLA informing me that I have been awarded the Regeant's Scholarship. Apparently, the amount of money that you are awarded is determined by your financial need. But you are garenteed $1000 per year. This doesn't really sound like very much, considering the total cost is ~$190,000. Oh well, I'm not complaining! :D

Congrats. Has anyone told you that you look like the girl from 'The OC'? I can't even tell if your avatar is a pic of you or her. hehe

Jess_SB said:

Yes You look exactly like Mishka Barton! :)

Woohoo!

I just got an interview invite from Columbia.

I got an email from Ohio State School of Dentistry stating that I have been selected for the interview on Jan 8.

I haven't received anything for the past two weeks except some BS from Buffalo and BU. :laugh: Ok maybe I shouldn't be laughing. lol :scared: