2007 MCV Central (Part II)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know when/if I get an acceptance, I won't care that it was off the waitlist!If an applicant wasn't qualified, they wouldn't have even made it to the waitlist. Now I just need to get that email....I was told within a week or so on Monday of last week, but since today is a holiday...maybe tomorrow? Or next week?:confused:

Have a great fourth of July everyone! :hardy: And good luck with the waitlist.:luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Very well said nka1985. We have all worked hard, this was not just handed to anyone of us:thumbup:[Good luck! I just know that you will hear your good news soon:)quote=nka1985;5337101]I know when/if I get an acceptance, I won't care that it was off the waitlist!If an applicant wasn't qualified, they wouldn't have even made it to the waitlist. Now I just need to get that email....I was told within a week or so on Monday of last week, but since today is a holiday...maybe tomorrow? Or next week?:confused:

Have a great fourth of July everyone! :hardy: And good luck with the waitlist.:luck:[/quote]

Very well said nka1985. We have all worked hard, this was not just handed to anyone of us:thumbup: Good luck! I just know that you will hear your good news soon:)

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Waiting is tiring.

Anybody hear from Dr. WC this week? I emailed her a few days ago and haven't heard back. Maybe she's been out of the office or something this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
EVMS: Greatest movement from the WL in May and June, and 20-25 students normally accepted after June 15th.
VCU: Greatest movement on May 15 and shortly after. After June 15, 15-20 in-state and 30-45 out-of-state students may be accepted.

EVMS: Greatest movement from the WL in May and June, and 20-25 students normally accepted after June 15th.
VCU: Greatest movement on May 15 and shortly after. After June 15, 15-20 in-state and 30-45 out-of-state students may be accepted.

Interesting info...more post June 15th acceptances than I would expect for VCU. Keeps some hope alive for all of us.
:luck:

Well, there is still over a month before orientation starts. A little birdie told me there will probably be some acceptances Thursday this week. Not a lot, but a few of us might get lucky. Hope I'm one of them. Good luck everyone. Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. :luck:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed nka....

I keep saying that it isn't over until orientation. If there's one slot that opens, I'll be happy to take it. It doesn't matter what day or time!
:luck: :luck: :luck:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed nka....

I keep saying that it isn't over until orientation. If there's one slot that opens, I'll be happy to take it. It doesn't matter what day or time!
:luck: :luck: :luck:

Exactly!:luck:

Even if you dont get in until orientation you can still be asked into the class. During the second day there is a 'role call.' When they call your name and you say "here," you are officially in the class. If you dont show up and dont say "here", you are kicked out and replaced immediately. I have heard of people, who are still on the waitlist, showing up to orientation for the role call so that if there is a no-show they can demonstrate that they really want to be there and perhaps they will replace the missing person. Through the grape-vine I have heard of this happening. It's anecdotal, but hey if you are near R-VA might as well try it.

What have you got to lose? If nothing else you have a great story for your interview next year.

Instatewaiter ---that's hilarious….I was just joking a couple of days ago with my husband that I was planning on showing up, just in case I could help out and save Dr. W-C a phone call. So this wasn't a far fetched idea?!

No actually I was in contact with a girl who was going to do the exact same thing last year. I think she was from Cali and her BFs parents had some saved up airway miles. So she was going fly out here for the day and try it out. I am not sure she showed up though.

I have heard of people doing from people in the classes ahead of me. They say that it worked but it could just be an urban legend passed down through the years. Hell, if nothing else it will show you are really dedicated for next year.

The school makes it utterly clear that if you dont say here then your spot is given away. So everyone showed up really early for the roll call. So last year it was pretty uneventful until about 2/3 of the way through. It's pretty damn boring since they call out 180+ names in a row. Everyone began talking by the time they got through the 'B's. And then suddenly they got to a name and no one answered. They called it again. The entire auditorium shut up immediately and everyone started looking around. Apparently the girl didnt show up and I think her spot was given away.

Nk,
I thought you were already in? A ton of posts from you on the allo page stating so. Has the list stopped moving?

Nk,
I thought you were already in? A ton of posts from you on the allo page stating so. Has the list stopped moving?

Nah, never said I was in yet. About 2.5 weeks ago Dr. WC told me within a week or two, but the list is not moving quite as fast as she had predicted. She told me on saturday that they are very close to my name on the list, so it should be soon if the list continues at the current rate. Basically, she has told me to hold off on spending money on secondaries because it is really unlikely that they Won't get to me. I was on the allopathic board getting advice for where to get housing because by the time I get an actual acceptance it will be pretty close to school starting.

So yeah, I can't say for sure, but it sounds like the waitlist movement is slowing down, but not stopped yet.

Oh yeah, and just fyi...I get the impression from the dean that they are sticking to notifying people every two weeks instead of as spots are dropped.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear anything? Did anyone who was accepted withdraw their spot recently?

Good luck all!:luck:

Just wanted to tell all of the waitlisted out there that I will be pulling for you:) Hopefully there will be some happy people on this thread. I do know what you are feeling:scared:, but hang in there! Come on waitlist, make it happen!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:
Anyone hear anything? Did anyone who was accepted withdraw their spot recently?

Good luck all!:luck:

Thanks Boundthapn!! It's great to know that you are cheering us on!

Weren't the last offers 2 weeks ago today?

nka im hoping this is a happy day for you :) you deserve it!

nka im hoping this is a happy day for you :) you deserve it!

Thanks for well wishes...but I have some bad news for you guys. Dr. WC told me this morning that the list is "just not moving" right now. It will move again if some more OOS'ers get into their state schools, but right now she can't even say for sure that I'll get in. I must be really close from what she has told me recently, and we have a month, so I still have a chance, but right now things don't look great.

If anyone drops their acceptance or knows of someone who did, please post and give us all some hope.

yup.. Dr WC told me they have approached my rank (finally). But now its getting tight and the list is moving slowly..

Come on you guys, don't give up. Lets pull together and give the OOS waitlist a big PPPPPPUUUUUSSSSSHHHH. Just let them in already! I feel like we are old friends. I really am looking forward to meeting you in August, so keep the faith a little longer, OK!!!!!!!!!!!
yup.. Dr WC told me they have approached my rank (finally). But now its getting tight and the list is moving slowly..

...arg, I'm really glad I didn't get dragged along last application season and the former dean flat out said it didn't look good once I hit the wait list. I'm sure Dr. WC is a very nice person and hopefully she'll learn to keep her mouth closed until she is completely certain in the future. It sounds like she's been dishing out a lot of hope and expectations since May 15, and it's just not right... especially going so far as to say "screw the secondaries for 2007.. we're getting to you soon."

To everyone that's still waiting - I wish you the best of luck. I know you don't want to start thinking about going through another application year, but a good chunk of all students have to go through more than one. It may be extremely depressing for the next month or so, but after the next round of applications begins make sure you keep your head held high and make improvements where possible. A year off might sound like eternity right now, but it's really not that gruesome. If you want this to happen, jump on it and don't fall off until you've got that letter in hand.

Cheers.:luck:

I agree. I met with dean WC and although she wasn't negative I didn't get the feeling of hope like many of you did(by nature I tend to be able to read between the lines). I had everything ready for amcas before we met and I submitted my amcas that night.

Based on facebook instate is full.

My mcv profs are telling me to try again at but I don't think dean WC or the committee feels I am a good fit. They continue to waitlist me and I have to wonder if they actually had to teach me in a clinical setting they would remember that I applied multiple times and count it against me. Sad bc I know I would make an incredible physician. When I see some individuals who get in bc of #s it really is hard and although I realize there are "options" they don't fit my beliefs for the best possible pt. care. I see that a school like mcv will give me the skills I need without question and I have to accept that indeed they may never see it that way.

NK it seems that if anyone gets in you will. If you send in amcas it might bring you luck. Put down one school and you can add others if you don't get in. At least you have hope but based on the fact that you are a cali resident you need to be early to those cali schools to give you a better chance.

I had actually already reapplied, so I have an inbox full of secondaries from the last couple of weeks. I just hadn't filled any out because she told me I would get in soon. I don't know. She told me today that "there is still a month before school starts." Also, I asked if I needed a bunch of people to drop for me to get in, or just a couple. She responded, "You are not that far down the list, so we'll see what happens." I don't know if "not that far" is number two or twelve. I would assume that I have to be pretty close to the top for her to be giving me so much hope the last couple of weeks. I just don't know. I've spent the whole day depressed because I went from hearing "any day now" to "the list isn't moving." Someone online did admit they will drop their acceptance any day now, so I know one spot will open up. I guess I just get to wait some more and hope for a miracle. I'm gonna give myself a day or two break from the whole thing, then get to work on secondaries once again.:(

I haven't given up hope but I have reapplied and am working on my secondary just in case. I get really excited everytime I check my inbox and see a VCU status update. I keep hoping its for 2007 but I am still glad 2008 is moving along.

Hang in there nka! :luck:

No, my interviewer told me based on my PS and life experiences that he felt I had what it took to be an excellent physician. Does that bother you? Correct me if I'm wrong "postbacker" but isn't that why we are all attempting to go to medical school?

No, my interviewer told me based on my PS and life experiences that he felt I had what it took to be an excellent physician. Does that bother you? Correct me if I'm wrong "postbacker" but isn't that why we are all attempting to go to medical school?

Touchy, aren't we?

Your statement comes across as a bit arrogant, and my guess is that arrogance comes through on your app somewhere...

Let's set the record straight: your post says nothing about in the opinion of an interviewer, but that "you" know that you would make an "incredible" physician ("incredible" is a few notches north of "excellent" in my book)...ego is great, but really now...

Get in somewhere and prove me wrong...

postbacker, i know youre not a troll -_- but youre trolling this post right now.. i really see no reason why you had to comment like that.

postbacker, i know youre not a troll -_- but youre trolling this post right now.. i really see no reason why you had to comment like that.

I think we're all a little stressed right now...

Let's go waitlist Let's go!!!

I think I should get working on my AMCAS for next year's cycle. What have all of you been doing since you applied last year? Has anyone not reapplied already for the 2008 cycle, yet?

Thanks mmsk... I decided to let the troll troll on...

waterbuff, I have sent in amcas and I'm in line for review. Still undecided about retaking the mcat. I would have to consider sitting out next yr if I did bc my scores would be late for the 2008 cycle.

Working on 2008 secondaries is really depressing. I'm probably going to check with Dr. WC sometime this week before spending the money to send them out, though. One person PM'd me that they withdrew their acceptance on Friday, and another said he would soon, so I sure hope I'm one of the top 2 on the list. I think I must be close to or at the top of the list b/c Dr. WC told me they were very close to my name last weekend, and gave me the impression she thought I would be in by last Thursday. It was just my luck that the waitlist stopped moving as soon as she told me that. So I'm crossing my fingers and praying to anyone that will listen that I get an acceptance this week. I sure hope the school doesn't stick to the offers every 2 weeks schedule now that school starts in less than a month. Has anyone else emailed Dr. WC recently?:(:luck:

Wow!!! This is my first time applying right now. I am definitely rooting for y'all who were waitlisted.

Things always work out in the end.

Hang in there and keep chugging full steam ahead!

Best wishes

JII

Hey,
I posted this in the class forum but didn't get a response. When do we get the bill for tuition? Maybe I didn't get this info because I did not fill out a fafsa. My parents will be paying my first year's tuition through private loans, and they want to know exactly how much (instate) and when payment is due. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Sorry Waiting4Drexel, I don't know anything about bills yet.

For everyone out there on the waiting list, lets give a big PUSH, PUSH, PUSH.

Just to let you know nka1985, that I am still ppppuuuusssshhhhing!:) Keep the faith! Have you heard anything new?
Sorry Waiting4Drexel, I don't know anything about bills yet.

For everyone out there on the waiting list, lets give a big PUSH, PUSH, PUSH.

Just to let you know nka1985, that I am still ppppuuuusssshhhhing!:) Keep the faith! Have you heard anything new?

Not too much. The dean told me over the weekend that the waitlist hasn't moved in almost two weeks. I do know something now that she didn't know at that point-Somebody told me they withdrew their spot today because they got into their state school. Now I just have to pray I'm the first on the list. Dr. WC won't actually tell me where I am on the list, just that they are "very close." With four weeks left before orientation starts, I'm just hoping I'm close enough. It seems like there would be at least a couple more spots that open up before orientation. I think I saw a few late drops in last years thread, anyway. Well, I just get to work on secondaries at this point, and say some prayers, I guess. :luck::luck::luck::luck::luck: I need all the luck I can get.

VCU just did the meanest thing ever to me. They sent me the 2008 secondary at 602pm ET. I just wanna cry right now.

Keep the faith NK you will make it into the class of 2007.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

IM IN! Dr. WC just emailed me, told me I was just accepted and should get the status update tonight or tomorrow.

I can't believe it! As of last night, I had given up hope. Now if only I can stop crying...but for once in this incredibly long process it's happy tears!

:banana::biglove::banana::biglove: I've been waiting all year to use these!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

IM IN! Dr. WC just emailed me, told me I was just accepted and should get the status update tonight or tomorrow.

I can't believe it! As of last night, I had given up hope. Now if only I can stop crying...but for once in this incredibly long process it's happy tears!

:banana::biglove::banana::biglove:

Congratulations Nka1985, you totally deserve it:D

[Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!! By the looks of your post you have your own little party going on and now all of us are invited:laugh: Just goes to show NEVER give up hope!!!!!!!!!quote=nka1985;5388532]OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

:banana::biglove::banana::biglove: I've been waiting all year to use these![/quote]

congrats nka, sorry it took so long for me to give my seat for you, but now ur in! congrats

congrats nka, sorry it took so long for me to give my seat for you, but now ur in! congrats

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yeah, I basically got your seat. No need to apologize, better late than never. Thanks again!

For those of you who are still waiting...miracles do happen!

I've been checking every day in hopes that you would get in and I am glad you did!! That's awesome!

Way to go NKA!!!