2007 MCV Central (Part II)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations guys! I hope that I will be able to study with you guys this fall!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow --some GREAT NEWS finally!!!! I'm glad the list is moving. Congratulations! :biglove:

Members don't see this ad :)
just wanted to let you guys know, i talked to dr. wc. offers off the waitlist are released in batches and given out every two weeks (or somewhere around there) to allow those people to decline if they wanted to. it's not a day to day release. the last batch was on tuesday.

if this is old news just glance it over, i apologize

just wanted to let you guys know, i talked to dr. wc. offers off the waitlist are released in batches and given out every two weeks (or somewhere around there) to allow those people to decline if they wanted to. it's not a day to day release. the last batch was on tuesday.

if this is old news just glance it over, i apologize

ya im not a big fan of that :p that means theres only going to be like tops 5 total acceptance proposals....id much rather a continuous stream of of emails XD

i talked to Dr. WC, she said OOS is moving slowly, and there are still ppl holding multiple acceptances..

Hey all...
I just got accepted OOS!! I'm pretty sure I am going there, but we'll see!! If people got accepted yesterday, then I don't think they are coming out in batches.

:luck: everyone.

edit: I just double checked and the email definitely came out today 6:03pm EST.

congrats carmenita : ) good to know that they sent out acceptances both days...nice.

congrats! put in a good word for us lol

tell your oos friend we are all very grateful :p

What would you all do if not taken off the wait list? Would you take a preemptive acceptance for the next cycle of early decision application, on the condition that you do whatever MCV would want you to do? All schools know what their applicants should do to improve the applications, right?

Believe it or not, I ain't talking to you all. Good luck.

What would you all do if not taken off the wait list? Would you take a preemptive acceptance for the next cycle of early decision application, on the condition that you do whatever MCV would want you to do?

Does VCU offer "preemptive" acceptances? I didn't think they did, but then again, it seems like over 50% of the posters here who have gotten off the waitlist say they are in a VCU masters program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does VCU offer "preemptive" acceptances? I didn't think they did, but then again, it seems like over 50% of the posters here who have gotten off the waitlist say they are in a VCU masters program.

I don't know of any school that does it. Wouldn't it be nice if some of them do? Do you happen to know how many of our successful thread-mates are re-applicants to the MCV?

i'm pretty sure they don't offer preemptive acceptances....but one advantage i do know is many of the teachers/ profs who teach various post-bac or masters classes are on the addcom.....so i think that's the only advantage if they get to know some of these people

I don't know of any school that does it. Wouldn't it be nice if some of them do? Do you happen to know how many of our successful thread-mates are re-applicants to the MCV?

From my casual skimming, I'd say the majority of those accepted off the waitlist this year are reapplicants. Sometimes I've wondered if VCU made two groups, first-timers and reapplicants, and lumped the reapplicants at the top. Just seems like everyone says "Finally, after X years of trying, I got in!"

There is some validity to what emajin says. While they may not lump people into distinct piles, they do give 'points' for people who reapply. It shows drive and determination

And before anyone asks me, by points I meant that they like to see perserverence not that it will actually change your Adcom score if you are a reapplicant.

From my casual skimming, I'd say the majority of those accepted off the waitlist this year are reapplicants. Sometimes I've wondered if VCU made two groups, first-timers and reapplicants, and lumped the reapplicants at the top. Just seems like everyone says "Finally, after X years of trying, I got in!"

Cheers to that - Ill take anything I can get at this point ;)

hey Bleu you still around? have you heard anything?? I know you were waiting.

No email for me. Sent in amcas for next yr on the evening of June 6th.

congrats to everyone who heard this week!! and good luck to those still waiting :luck:

Hey, does anyone know when the award letters come out?

All of my hopes and dreams for making VCU's class of 2011 is gone now... does anyone feel the same?

whys that? :/ its only jun 11 cmon man! :)

Is everyone expecting the next batch of offers to come out the beginning of next week?

I just withdrew my OOS spot so hopefully it goes to one of you waiting! Good Luck to all of you!:thumbup:

I just withdrew my OOS spot so hopefully it goes to one of you waiting! Good Luck to all of you!:thumbup:

Thanks...lets keep those OOS withdraws coming!

I spent my day with a trauma surgeon. It was great...except now I'm even more depressed about not having an acceptance yet. I need the waitlist gods to smile down on me soon.

:luck::luck::luck::luck: To all instate students that are waiting to hear back from other schools. I wish you the best of luck finding a better school and freeing up my spot:thumbup:

Thanks...lets keep those OOS withdraws coming!

I spent my day with a trauma surgeon. It was great...except now I'm even more depressed about not having an acceptance yet. I need the waitlist gods to smile down on me soon.

I can't promise it'll go to you nka, but there'll be one more oos spot for this next go around as I withdrew this afternoon. You guys are so excited for VCU and I hope some of you folks get in. As I didn't get in last year I know how incredibly bad it sucks to be hoping for a waitlist miracle at this stage of the game. And then how much more it sucks when you have to go through the entire process again. Fortunately I had better luck this year. Best of luck.

at this stage? :scared: does this mean its getting to be too late?;/

It isn't over until classes start....I'm hanging on to hope that a spot will open up just for me!!!! :D

Hmm, we've heard of a few people dropping acceptances recently...will someone get some good news in their inbox in a few minutes? Or will VCU wait till next week?

Hey, does anyone know when the award letters come out?

I think I got mine somewhere around 1.5-2 weeks after I was notified by email. Congrats, boundthapn!! :) :thumbup:

Good luck to those who are waiting...I remember Dr. WC saying that they gave away the last spot in the class in mid-August last year!

midaugust? oh god.. thats along time to wait :O

ACCEPTED - ISM - 2nd year is the charm! The IS wait list seems to be moving quite well at the moment. Anyone on the WL at EVMS, another spot is about to open up. Cheeeers!!!

congrats guys!!! hope the in state list continues to role:luck:

Congrats...I must admit I wish it were me...but congrats all the same. I hope to see you there this fall.

Great news:clap: Just proof again to NEVER give up! I will see you in August:)
ACCEPTED - ISM - 2nd year is the charm! The IS wait list seems to be moving quite well at the moment. Anyone on the WL at EVMS, another spot is about to open up. Cheeeers!!!

[Way to go:thumbup: I will see you in August!quote=ph8;5270385]accepted. OOS. i cannot believe it.

:luck::luck::luck::luck: to everyone else, all my best thoughts will be with ya'!!![/quote]

accepted. OOS. i cannot believe it.

:luck::luck::luck::luck: to everyone else, all my best thoughts will be with ya'!!!

CONGRATS Y'ALL! :thumbup::hardy: See you in the Fall!!

Hang in there! It seems to be moving a little quicker now:) Don't give up!
Congrats...I must admit I wish it were me...but congrats all the same. I hope to see you there this fall.

Hang in there! It seems to be moving a little quicker now:) Don't give up!

I'm trying to keep up hope...just a little melancholy today. My undergrad graduation is this morning, and I was really hoping for an acceptance by now. It does seem like the list is moving pretty well at the moment.

cmon OOS list -__- why are you hating on me?

I'm trying to keep up hope...just a little melancholy today. My undergrad graduation is this morning, and I was really hoping for an acceptance by now. It does seem like the list is moving pretty well at the moment.

Didn't you post that Dr. WC said it would be 4-6weeks before they got to your name... I wouldn't worry until that time came. She told me it would be a couple of weeks from when I emailed and it was exactly 2 weeks. Just stay optimistic, I'm sure your time will come soon! :luck:

Hi, quick question about financial aid. Is everyone required to file a FAFSA? My parents are going to pay for my first year of medical school, and they said they can get a loan at an interest rate of 5%. From my understanding, the lowest rate I could get through FAFSA would be federal stafford loans that are 6.8% Since I am planning on doing my first year through private loans, am I required to file a FAFSA? Please let me know, I am in the dark about this, and I know the due date for the FAFSA is at the end of June. Thanks!

Hi, quick question about financial aid. Is everyone required to file a FAFSA? My parents are going to pay for my first year of medical school, and they said they can get a loan at an interest rate of 5%. From my understanding, the lowest rate I could get through FAFSA would be federal stafford loans that are 6.8% Since I am planning on doing my first year through private loans, am I required to file a FAFSA? Please let me know, I am in the dark about this, and I know the due date for the FAFSA is at the end of June. Thanks!

I am pretty sure that if your parents are paying for your entire first yr (tuition plus rent/books/food/other expenses) then you dont need to fill out FAFSA since you wont be requiring govt loans.

Just withdrew my OOS spot - good luck to all of you waiting!! I hope it goes to one of you!