2007 MCV Central (Part II)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hahah compared to my 3.45 and 3.3 bcpm..i say ur standing PRETTY GOOD...im surpised you haven't gotten any interview calls at any ivy's..but def good luck on the rest of the process...and for the rest of us...GO VCU!

Are you instate or OOS? Just wondering cause our stats are close, so maybe we're close on the waitlist. I'm 3.49 overall, 3.39 bcpm and 33 on the MCAT.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you instate or OOS? Just wondering cause our stats are close, so maybe we're close on the waitlist. I'm 3.49 overall, 3.39 bcpm and 33 on the MCAT.

I'm instate...how about you?

I emailed her but no response so far

I emailed her about something else over the weekend and still haven't heard back, so dont worry if it takes a while.

I had a phone appointment with Dr. WC today. She can't really give you a good guideline of where you stand on WL until May 15th.

They usually give 350 acceptance to meet the entering class size of 180, they've given out 260 so far. The waitlist is comprised of 250 people. She didn't specifiy on IS or OOs on any of these numbers. Good luck all.

Wow, silence today. To those of you who have recently emailed Dr. WC, have you heard back yet? I emailed her Sunday, but maybe she's swamped with emails at the moment.

And the waiting continues....I really need a job, with school finished I'm bored out of my mind.

Last year if Dr H didn't respond to your e-mails almost immediately, it meant that you were really low on the waitlist.

Last year if Dr H didn't respond to your e-mails almost immediately, it meant that you were really low on the waitlist.

Ha, sorry, but in a moment of boredom a few days ago I actually sifted through last years thread. I won't fall for that one.

Members don't see this ad :)
the uncertainty of this process has made me just THAT gullible....:oops:

Ha, it's okay, I might have fallen for it myself if I hadnt seen someone say that in last years thread. In fact, it might have even been instatewaiter himself who said it. Believe me, with 3 waitlists and no acceptances the uncertainty of my plans for next year is starting to drive me crazy. I think we can all be forgiven for jumping at any hint of information, especially since the admissions office is so close-mouthed.

Wondering why this has to be said, seeing as how Dr H isn't running the show? Great bit of pessimism for those who have already emailed her, though.:thumbup:

this sucks..its so hard for me to study biochem, neuro, and phys while thinking about VCU...:-(

this sucks..its so hard for me to study biochem, neuro, and phys while thinking about VCU...:-(

For once in my life, I wish I had classes to study for, but I finished finals last week and havent found a job yet....so basically Im taking care of a puppy and checking my email and SDN a million times a day.

anyone heard anything back from the dean? Anyone know if anyone has been accepted off the waitlist yet? I believe InstateWaiter said he was accepted couple days after being on the alternate list which obviously means he was right at the top. Wondering if thats the general gist this year.

no i was accepted may 15th, the first day there is major movement.

For once in my life, I wish I had classes to study for, but I finished finals last week and havent found a job yet....so basically Im taking care of a puppy and checking my email and SDN a million times a day.

taking care of a puppy, huh? That seems like fun. Incidentally, does anyone have any input about keeping pets during med school? I guess the major problem would be that you would be gone for a major part of the day, so they would be in the apartment all by themselves for a while.

no i was accepted may 15th, the first day there is major movement.

sorry i must have misunderstood. Is it possible to be accepted an earlier? even if it is i figure it would be highly unlikely unless you were the next one or two candidates

taking care of a puppy, huh? That seems like fun. Incidentally, does anyone have any input about keeping pets during med school? I guess the major problem would be that you would be gone for a major part of the day, so they would be in the apartment all by themselves for a while.

It's actually my parents puppy...I'm on dog duty since he's so young and they're at work. Sometimes it's fun, but sometimes he drives me insane. Potty training is going very slowly. I've thought about getting a dog myself if I get into med school this year, but I think I'll probably stick with my two cats, at least until my boyfriend is able to move out with me. Cats are so much easier to take care of when you're busy because they're happy just sitting on your lap while you study.

sorry i must have misunderstood. Is it possible to be accepted an earlier? even if it is i figure it would be highly unlikely unless you were the next one or two candidates

From last year's thread it looks like people were accepted as early as April 10th. Of course, those were just the people who posted on SDN, but it does look like there is some slow movement through April, and it picked up the week before May 15th and the week or two after. Everyone, if you're fortunate enough to get in, Please remember to post and let us know! It will give us hope that the waitlist will eventually get to us.
:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

so i emailed dr. w-c yesterday about the alternate list jazz....she said we could start seeing SOME movement as early as next week (2 weeks after the march 15th acceptances) with the most coming around may 15th as everyone already knows....just thought i'd share:luck:

There is movement before the 15th but not that much when compared to after may 15th.

The in-state list, as people have said, moves much more slowly, especially last year. I was told I was in the top 5 instate and did not get in until May 15th. Take that for what its worth.

Pets are no problem in med school Most days you get out by 12 and the rest by around 4. It's like if you had a job, but more flexible. You'll be working hard, but not that hard. Med school is not going to really interfere with a pet until 3rd year, and even then it is do-able.

so i emailed dr. w-c yesterday about the alternate list jazz....she said we could start seeing SOME movement as early as next week (2 weeks after the march 15th acceptances) with the most coming around may 15th as everyone already knows....just thought i'd share:luck:

did she say anything about your chances or where you stand in the waitlist at all?

did she say anything about your chances or where you stand in the waitlist at all?

Good question...Has anyone received anything specific to their situation from Dr. WC, whether good or bad? All I've managed is a very vague "contact me again after May 15th if you havent been accepted." Is that what everyone is hearing? It sure would have been nice to at least found out if I have no real hope, or a decent shot at being accepted.

since they interviewed about 300 less people (900 to 650), does that mean the waitlist might move?

I'm feeling some movement!

ugh, i jus wanna know if im in the upper or lower end of the list...

btw, did anyone try emailing their interviewer to find out where we are on the waitlist??

btw, did anyone try emailing their interviewer to find out where we are on the waitlist??

No, but my interviewer gave me his email in case I had any other questions, then never responded to my email when I emailed him about a month later.

they don't have that kind of information, after presenting you to the committee they are done, they don't even know your scores

no she she just said a generic i'll have a better idea around may 15th......she did reply the same day i sent the email....i don't know if that means anything but i noticed some people were saying she didn't reply for days....but overall, i have no idea where i stand

I'm feeling some movement!

Well, it wasn't the waitlist....at least that we know of. Hopefully we'll get some movement soon. Best wishes to everyone!!! :luck:

Well, it wasn't the waitlist....at least that we know of. Hopefully we'll get some movement soon. Best wishes to everyone!!! :luck:

Does anyone know...is there a particular day of the weeks that vcu tends to send out acceptances from the waitlist? Or do they do it daily as spots open up?

And the wait continues....May 15th seems like an eternity from now.

have you checked the thread from last year about, i'm not sure anyone from this year knows

Counting down once again.....40 days till May 15.

Hopefully, next we'll be able to count down to orientation!!!

oh dang, the countdown has begun again!
quick question, if may15th is the date ppl got to drop by, is may15th day we get the acceptances? or are we gonna hav to go thru a tease period again?

I'm anticipating a tease period....May 15th is just the day to begin the cycle of ..... 1. Check e-mail, 2. Check status page, 3. Check SDN to see if someone has received something, 3. Check the mail box, 4. Look for the Fed Ex guy ... wait 5 seconds and repeat. Because you know, an acceptance could just sneak up on us. :D

Hi everyone. Thought you might like to know what I found out today. I called the admissions office a little while ago, just to see if there has been any waitlist movement yet. So far, nobody has been accepted off the waitlist. She did say, however, that the waitlist has been getting a bit smaller over time as people remove themselves from the waitlist. There is no particular day of the week that people will be notified of their acceptance off the waitlist, it will simply be done daily as people withdraw their acceptance. And as usual, they won't tell us anything about our personal position on the waitlist.

Good luck everyone. Looks like more waiting is ahead of us all.

So I've been looking at waitlist movement from last years thread (instead of working)....

I think the first person got accepted on 4/10, they were oos

People actually got accepted on the day of 5/15

I have no idea if last year parallels this year, & considering this year they told us about the alternate list later, maybe it won't.

Also, is anyone worried about there being little waitlist movement? Everywhere I have applied said there is a larger applicant pool this year than previous years. I know last year was a bad year for waitlists, I'm thinking this one could be worse? :(

How long do you have to accept/reject your acceptance once it's offered to you?

If you have another acceptance, how long do you have to tell your other school that you have been accepted elsewhere and withdraw your acceptance?

So I've been looking at waitlist movement from last years thread (instead of working)....

I think the first person got accepted on 4/10, they were oos

People actually got accepted on the day of 5/15

I have no idea if last year parallels this year, & considering this year they told us about the alternate list later, maybe it won't.

Also, is anyone worried about there being little waitlist movement? Everywhere I have applied said there is a larger applicant pool this year than previous years. I know last year was a bad year for waitlists, I'm thinking this one could be worse? :(

Hahahahaha...good to know Im not the only one who has been looking at last years thread for information and hope.

Yeah, I'm worried about the waitlist not moving much this year, though if you look at people on mdapplicants.com it looks like quite a few people who say they were accepted at VCU have multiple acceptances. Hopefully those who do not plan to attend VCU will have a little mercy on us, and drop their acceptances soon. It's probably too early to get worried that there hasnt been movement yet, but I have so much free time right now I can't help myself.

What is the policy on letters of interest/intent at VCU?

My other two schools said explicitly that they like updates/letters (woo lower-tiered schools) but I haven't really heard much in that regard with VCU. I do know that once you're scored nothing changes, but if it comes down to you and someone else, maybe they prefer someone who has shown a great deal of interest? Thoughts?

is there anyone here who sent dr. w-c an email a while ago but hasn't gotten a reply yet? i'm worried no reply = really low on the wait list. thanks

is there anyone here who sent dr. w-c an email a while ago but hasn't gotten a reply yet? i'm worried no reply = really low on the wait list. thanks

I got a reply within a few days...dont worry though, I really dont think she is even looking at waitlist position. It seems like she is telling everyone to check back with her after May 15th if youre not accepted by then. Is that what you guys are hearing?

Yeah this happened all last year. Sorry but the truth hurts sometimes. But at least there's next year, right?