2007 MCV Central (Part II)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dude, this was back on like page 5 or somthing, thats ridiculous, how we takin the weekend off like that? lol

anyways, bump

We needed the weekend off! I sense this thread will be jumping this and next week. Good luck to everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

This is the day!!! It's time to get the waitlist moving!

Good luck to everyone :luck: :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
From the VCU Status Page:

05/14/2007
We have received reports from applicants that the on-line withdrawal option is not working properly, if you have difficulty or problems withdrawing your applications on-line, please send an email to [email protected]. Thank you.

.....looks promising for at least a little movement!

05/14/2007
We have received reports from applicants that the on-line withdrawal option is not working properly, if you have difficulty or problems withdrawing your applications on-line, please send an email to [email protected]. Thank you.

Let's hope they get this fixed quickly! Thanks for the info. BK421 :)

ok.. its may 15th... ready for my first acceptance... yep... anytime now...

probably at 5:00 eastern time? or was it 6:00 eastern time?

Alls we do is wait, and when that is done we wait some more:sleep:

after going through March 15th...I'm not gonna sit on the computer and check emails like a mad man this time...

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a good feeling that we are all going to be accepted

While we all wait the next 2 hours, praying for a miracle to happen at 604pm eastern time....GOOD LUCK!:luck:

I have an obligation until after 9pm, so I won't be checking until late tonight/tomorrow. Thanks for the support & positive thoughts - good luck to all of us! :luck:

Sadly, my email inbox is empty. Sigh. More waiting, no acceptances.

empty inbox for me, too. I'm sure it takes a few days for the admissions staff to fill those empty spots..

is anyone positive that you will recieve an email if you are accepted? lot of schools use phone calls but maybe because thats later on in the summer. I havent seen anyone that has been accepted today at mcv on any of the posts

is anyone positive that you will recieve an email if you are accepted? lot of schools use phone calls but maybe because thats later on in the summer. I havent seen anyone that has been accepted today at mcv on any of the posts

I am pretty close to positive that we will get an email...in past years threads, thats was how everyone was told. On a lighter note, Dr WC gave me a bit of hope..I honestly didn't expect to hear anything back soon when I emailed her earlier, but she replied in about 5 minutes.

I am pretty close to positive that we will get an email...in past years threads, thats was how everyone was told. On a lighter note, Dr WC gave me a bit of hope..I honestly didn't expect to hear anything back soon when I emailed her earlier, but she replied in about 5 minutes.

Hey nka1985, if you don't mind my asking, did you email her regarding your waitlist position? Thanks.

My college roomate was accepted at MCV off the waitlist, in-state, two years ago in late June and D. Heldberg contacted him on his cell phone. Don't know if he also got an email but his advice to me was to leave them with plenty of contact information and not to pay attention to how many days pass! I didn't get anything tonight either. . .given the march debacle I'm not taking that as a bad sign!

I turned down an acceptance yesterday, so hopefully an OSS will get it soon

[empty:( quote=waterbuffalo;5149208]empty inbox for me, too. I'm sure it takes a few days for the admissions staff to fill those empty spots..[/quote]

does anyone have the stats of approximately how many OOS were accepted off the waitlist in previous years? thanx

Does anyone know if they fixed this?

05/14/2007

Empty inbox here too, sigh...:( I'm trying to keep up the hope though! Anyone hear good news today?

Hey nka, did Dr. W-C give you any specific info.? Hopefully my question isn't too nosy :oops:, just trying to get a sense of whether I should shoot her an email about my status...Thanks!

Well, yesterday afternoon was surprisingly quiet on this thread. Last year there were quite a few people accepted on 5/16 as well, so lets see what happens today. Good luck.

Well, yesterday afternoon was surprisingly quiet on this thread. Last year there were quite a few people accepted on 5/16 as well, so lets see what happens today. Good luck.
I hope your right nka. I know there are lots of people out there that would die for 1 acceptance. Fortunately, I'm not one of 'em (haha, just kidding). But seriously, it would be nice to go to a medical school that was one of your favorites, and that is my case. I got into a couple medical schools, but they were all backups and I can't really see myself going to my current choice. We'll see what happens with MCV tonight.

well as long as no1 has received an acceptance so far, that means that their bulk of waitlist movement is yet to begin...

well as long as no1 has received an acceptance so far, that means that their bulk of waitlist movement is yet to begin...
Do you know how they notify waitlisters? IS it by updates at 6:04 Eastern time or no? B/c if it is, 1 hr left baby!

:scared:

I've heard the notification is online, but I'm not sure...Does anyone know if VCU sends updates at any time OTHER than 6:04pm or whatever the exact time is?

Notification around this time will be by e-mail.

Updates generally come between 5-7 EST

Yet another 604pm ET has passed and my inbox is empty. :(

Hey kids,

I just wanted to wish you all good luck. Waiting sucks hardcore, but someday it will be little more than a vague memory.

-GS, MCV '05

What is everyone planning on doing if they don't get accepted to VCU (or other school of choice this year). Essentially, what are your backup plans? I'm currently struggling w/ taking a year off to retake the MCAT or do Georgetown's SMP.

Just got in, OOS via email...first acceptance!!
I had to reread it like 5 times to make sure I read it right.

Best of luck everyone...hope you all get in.

Haha, nevermind then!!!

Congrats!! :)

Just got accepted. OOS. Not sure if I will go...

Congrats....just have mercy on us all and drop soon if you don't want it....hahahaha, sorry, sounding pushy here. But really, congrats.

Congrats, that must feel amazing.

To all of you still waiting with me...has anyone emailed Dr. WC? What kind of response did you get?

:mad:I'm sick and tired of waiting for VCU! I checked so many times, hoping to see "Inbox (1)." Why can't they just tell us where we are on the list through the update thing? That why, you don't have to worry about calls made to the office and it eases so many minds. In addition, it doesn't waste others' time checking everyday. Come on people.

Hey everyone, I got in off the waitlist today. I'm in-state. They emailed at 6:06 est. Good luck to everyone still waiting, this was my 2nd time applying so I know it's rough!

if u dont mind me asking..what were ur stats? im also IS on waitlist

Congrats to all who've gotten in, especially today!

Here's hoping the rest of us get some good news soon! :luck: