2007 Wall of Fame/Wall of Lame/Wall of Shame part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances)
-----
Interview Invites:
*Please add how you were notified if it isn't already included!
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchesss, americanangel (email) latinomasfino(email 8/1), HelenaP, katabu (email 7/24)
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess, Doctornick83 (email)
Texas A&M: Falco2525, jota_jota, Y_Marker
Texas Tech: Falco2525, Dancer75088, DoubleU, runningmom (email)
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu, holyawkward (OOS, online 6/30)
University of Nebraska: omahaguy21
University of New Mexico: diegot505 (email, in-stater)
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom, Y_Marker, jillibean (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, LarissaC (submit fri. 7/14, email 7/17) shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24), holyawkward (submitted 7/22, emailed 7/23)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088, Zuerst (email then snail mail), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email), jillibean
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email), Zuerst
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06), Anastasis (snail mail: 7/31), Smokey, narc (snail mail, 8/01/06 OOS), MaiPenRai (8/3)
Weill/Cornell: ordeliacay (status page, then email 7/25)
Western U (COMP): snowkhat (8/3), jillibean (7/26)

-----

Acceptances:
-----
Penn State University: LolaLarruh (Early Assurance)

-----
Wall of Lame*--Waitlists
-----

-----
Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS), narc (snail mail 8/3 OOS)
University of Hawaii: Falco2525
University of Miami: pathognomonic, Falco2525
University of New Mexico: Falco2525
University of Tennessee: pathognomonic (OOS)
University of Utah: sandros1 - snail mail 7/31 (in-state)
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

snowkhat said:
Added Western University (DO)

It would be nice if you stayed in the DO forum and taken out the quote tags.

Sorry if this was answered before, but hte thread is too long to go looking for the answer. Those who got interviews at GW, how long did it take from the time you were complete to the getting of an interview time?

Members don't see this ad :)
:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances) :hardy:
-----
:luck:Interview Invites:
-----
George Washington: Allerian1004, booswim542, Mickeyd4d, in4mant (email), hlchesss, americanangel (email) latinomasfino(email 8/1), HelenaP, katabu (email 7/24)
Ohio State University: thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess, Doctornick83 (email)
University of Chicago (Pritzker): LuMD2011, sintheta, thewarehouse (email), hlchess
University of Michigan: thewarehouse, topdogg82, hlchess, fujiapple, Homer Simpson (OOS, online notification 6/30), Gabujabu, holyawkward (OOS, online 6/30)
University of North Texas: snowkhat, ckf0006, lilTXcatMD, Falco2525, runningmom, Y_Marker, jillibean (Internet app status pg, then phone)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24), holyawkward (submitted 7/22, emailed 7/23)
University of Texas - Houston: Anastasis, Dancer75088, Zuerst (email then snail mail), BlackBantie (email)
University of Texas - Medical Branch (Galveston): Anastasis, Y_Marker, jota_jota, lilTXcatMD, runningmom, Dancer75088 (email then snail mail), WannaDoc, Pemberley (email 7/25), BlackBantie (email), jillibean
University of Texas San Antonio: WannaDoc, runningmom (email 7/25, snail mail will follow), Pemberley (email 7/25), Y_Marker, Dancer75088, Falco2525, BlackBantie (email), Zuerst
University of Texas Southwestern: Zuerst, BlackBantie (email), ckf0006, Beadle, DoubleU (email)
Vanderbilt: LuMD2011, jbl16 (Combined interview/secondary by mail), quantummechanic, Homer Simpson (snail mail 7/28), topdogg82, shantster (parents called with mail update 7/30/06), Anastasis (snail mail: 7/31), Smokey, narc (snail mail, 8/01/06 OOS), MaiPenRai (8/3)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
:scared:Wall of Lame*--Waitlists :rolleyes:
-----

-----
:oops: Wall of Shame*--Pre/Post Secondary and Interview Rejections :(
Viriginia Commonwealth: musiclink213 (email telling me to check my status), TCIrish03
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26); Schaden Freud (email 8/4)

-----
Kindly keep me up:
Please, out of courtesy for others, DO NOT ask them what their stats are, after they add to the list. If they don't have an MD Apps profile, they might not want to share. If you're posting that you got an interview or a rejection or whatever, and you want to share your stats at that time, please feel free to! Otherwise, kindly send all requests for stats to the person posting via Private Message. Let's try to keep it classy and just be happy for those getting interviews/acceptances without badgering them for personal information.

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN!

yeah are we including DO schools on this list? i think it should be only for MD schools cuz otherwise it's going to get even longer and more confusing. there's a DO forum so that's where DO schools should be discussed...anyone think we should change the list back to just MD?

Erina said:
yeah are we including DO schools on this list? i think it should be only for MD schools cuz otherwise it's going to get even longer and more confusing. there's a DO forum so that's where DO schools should be discussed...anyone think we should change the list back to just MD?

Let's kick the DO's out of here!!! You don't see any of us going over there and adding our school's to their list! :D

ChymeChancellor said:
Let's kick the DO's out of here!!! You don't see any of us going over there and adding our school's to their list! :D
go for it. i'd do it but i'm on my way out the door...

:thumbup:

Agreed. There should not be DO schools in this list. This is for monitoring allopathic application progress.

Plus, everyone knows they arn't real medical schools anyway.

:laugh: Just a joke!!!!!!!!!!!! (getting flame jacket on quickly!) :smuggrin:

-----
-----
Ohio State University: DR. CRAB(email), thewarehouse, DoubleU (email), Erina, hlchess, Doctornick83 (email)
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24), holyawkward (submitted 7/22, emailed 7/23)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26); Schaden Freud (email 8/4)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN

keep em coming guys>>

I concur that this list should be limited to MD schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
adding myself to...

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

musiclink213 said:
Sorry if this was answered before, but hte thread is too long to go looking for the answer. Those who got interviews at GW, how long did it take from the time you were complete to the getting of an interview time?
five days after the app went complete

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

4 days after complete....good luck! (7/20 complete - 7/24 interview)

Indiana sent me two separate rejections letters. I guess they wanted to make sure I got the message.
-----

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS), narc (snail mail 8/3 OOS) Green Arrow (snail mail 7/28, 8/4)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN![/QUOTE]

Update
Green Arrow said:
Indiana sent me two separate rejections letters. I guess they wanted to make sure I got the message.
-----

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS), narc (snail mail 8/3 OOS) Green Arrow (snail mail 7/28, 8/4)
Wake Forest :thumbdown: : nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26); Schaden Freud (email 8/4), snowkhat (email 8/3)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

[/QUOTE]

sorry, I messed up the format. It's fixed now.

:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances)[/b][/color] :hardy:
-----
-----

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS), narc (snail mail 8/3 OOS) Green Arrow (snail mail, OOS 7/28, 8/4)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

Questions about when they submitted and what their notification type (phone, email, etc) are totally fine, as this helps let the rest of us know what to watch for. Keep it classy, SDN![/QUOTE]

:hardy:Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances)[/b][/color] :hardy:
-----
-----
Western U (COMP): snowkhat (8/3), jillibean (7/26), Doctornick83 (7/26)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS), narc (snail mail 8/3 OOS) Green Arrow (snail mail, OOS 7/28, 8/4)
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26); Schaden Freud (email 8/4); DoctorNick83 (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Wake Forest: nager105 (email 7/20); Dancer75088 (email 7/20); C.P. Jones; spospo; remo (email 7/26); Sartre79 (email 7/26); chitowndr (email 7/26); MaiPenRai (7/26), pathognomonic (email 7/26); Schaden Freud (email 8/4); DoctorNick83 (email 7/26)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----
SUNY Buffalo: Hopeful M.D.

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

-----
-----

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS), narc (snail mail 8/3 OOS) Green Arrow (snail mail, OOS 7/28, 8/4), DrVanNostran(OOS)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

I got an email from Vanderbilt this morning (in response to one I sent them) that said,
"You've gone through the screening process and should get a letter from us any day now!"

I take heart in the fact that no one has posted they've been rejected by Vanderbilt yet, although I realize this letter could be the first in a wave of rejections. Guess I'll wait by my mailbox...

Robizzle said:
adding myself to...

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

Me too, Rob. Me too.

Everyone have a kick-a$$ Friday night, let's try to NOT think about applications, okay??

:love:
J

SeminoleFan3 said:
I got an email from Vanderbilt this morning (in response to one I sent them) that said,
"You've gone through the screening process and should get a letter from us any day now!"

I take heart in the fact that no one has posted they've been rejected by Vanderbilt yet, although I realize this letter could be the first in a wave of rejections. Guess I'll wait by my mailbox...

No way man, its your secondary/invite :love:

LarissaC said:
Wall of Fame (Interviews and Acceptances)
-----

University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, LarissaC (submit fri. 7/14, email 7/17) shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24), holyawkward (submitted 7/22, emailed 7/23)
!

your subject line said Upitt but then you didn't add your name. :confused:

-----
-----

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----
Indiana University: Dancer75088 (snail mail, OOS), narc (snail mail 8/3 OOS) Green Arrow (snail mail, OOS 7/28, 8/4), DrVanNostran(OOS)

-----
Kindly keep me up:

just a bump - apologies for making ya look!

MiesVanDerMom said:
your subject line said Upitt but then you didn't add your name. :confused:
she added her name toward the beginning of the list

OKay, i dunno if i messed up my cut and paste or not...i have a pitt interview on sept. 8. if anyone else has that day, let me know.

-----
-----
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24), holyawkward (submitted 7/22, emailed 7/23), LarissaC

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

LarissaC said:
OKay, i dunno if i messed up my cut and paste or not...i have a pitt interview on sept. 8. if anyone else has that day, let me know.
when you want to add to the list, click on the "reply" button for the latest list and then delete the brackets that say "quote" and "/quote"

-----
-----
University of Pittsburgh: sintheta (email), Flare (e-mail), Aurora013, OhTheSilliness, shantster (submitted secondary 7/18, email invite 7/19, chose 9/11), joanofarc0907 (email), Erina, kiwibasket, Zyzzyva100 (7/20 via email); Severus (submitted late 7/20; email early 7/21); Danjo (same as Severus), lordmickytron (submitted 7/21; email on 7/22); MaiPenRai (submitted 7/22, email on 7/23), Gabujabu (Submitted 7/23, e-mail 7/24, chose 9/11), Hypothalamus (Submitted 7/24, email 7/25), ABSOLUTsher, Homer Simpson (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), remo (submitted 7/25, emailed 7/26), Looque (submitted 7/27, emailed 7/28), ordeliacay (submitted 7/23, emailed 7/24), holyawkward (submitted 7/22, emailed 7/23), LarissaC
University of Virginia CavalierMD (snail mail- big envelope!)

-----

Acceptances:

-----

-----
-----

-----

-----
Kindly keep me up:

yay! it's great to see University of Virginia is starting to invite for interviews! and congrats :D

when were you complete?

DrVanNostran said:
Oh nice UVA! Grats!!!!

Thank ya thank ya...
I was complete on July 17th.
Good :luck: Luck, all!!

Erina said:
yay! it's great to see University of Virginia is starting to invite for interviews! and congrats :D

when were you complete?
Damn, another school I applied to and still not verified :(

bretticus said:
Damn, another school I applied to and still not verified :(
hang in there! it'll all come soon enough and you're applying earlier than thousands of other people, so you're still ahead of the game!

CavalierMD said:
Thank ya thank ya...
I was complete on July 17th.
Good :luck: Luck, all!!

Yes - nice work Cavalier! UVA is a great school! I wish it were even a possibility for me!

I am excited that another school I applied to is moving forward. Do you all think they will send invites for OOS in this same group of letters?

booswim542 said:
I am excited that another school I applied to is moving forward. Do you all think they will send invites for OOS in this same group of letters?

Don't know for sure with UVA, but with other schools, I have found that the OOS'ers tend to receive the info a little later. I'm sure that is totally school dependent though.

Since I have been of no use to you whatsoever, I will simply take credit for another post on SDN!

danjo said:
Don't know for sure with UVA, but with other schools, I have found that the OOS'ers tend to receive the info a little later. I'm sure that is totally school dependent though.

Since I have been of no use to you whatsoever, I will simply take credit for another post on SDN!
Haha, thanks danjo!

I partly just wanted to post cuz that last one was #100...I had kind of figured that a lot of schools start to notify their state students first. But really, I am anxious and I don't like the fact that it will take longer since I'm out of state.

Just one more part of this big game called waiting....

Thanks for your help though!

booswim542 said:
Haha, thanks danjo!

I partly just wanted to post cuz that last one was #100...I had kind of figured that a lot of schools start to notify their state students first. But really, I am anxious and I don't like the fact that it will take longer since I'm out of state.

Just one more part of this big game called waiting....

Thanks for your help though!

Too funny! You're welcome!

UVA, congrats! It's definitely tied for my top choice (with Vanderbilt). Hopefully, I'll hear from both this week.

P.S. I just bought a rabbit, and it's soooooo cute. It's all black a little gray on the bottom of each paw. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.