Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 University of Toledo Secondary Application Thread
Started by funkydrmonkey
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Wow. I wasn't expecting this but I just got an interview invite today. I just hope it's still for the class. 🙂
Wow. I wasn't expecting this but I just got an interview invite today. I just hope it's still for the class. 🙂
yeah i asked about this the interview for spots all the way until the end
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow, flying in for the interview and staying there is turning out to be ridiculously expensive. Apparently they don't have any student hosts and the Hilton on campus charges 170 (!) per night. Any suggestions to make this trip any cheaper?
Wow, flying in for the interview and staying there is turning out to be ridiculously expensive. Apparently they don't have any student hosts and the Hilton on campus charges 170 (!) per night. Any suggestions to make this trip any cheaper?
Have you talked to the admissions office? I'm pretty sure there are student hosts, at least for OOS students traveling long distances. I don't know if the Hilton has a special rate for interviewees or not.
Wow, flying in for the interview and staying there is turning out to be ridiculously expensive. Apparently they don't have any student hosts and the Hilton on campus charges 170 (!) per night. Any suggestions to make this trip any cheaper?
They definitely do have student host list. If I remember correctly, it was mailed in your interview packet.
I didn't get a list of student host names. I asked them, when I set up my interview, and was told that they do not have student hosts and that they will send me a list of hotels around the campus. Maybe all the students are busy the week I am going there for interview?
yeah, i also got a list of student hosts...
i'm thinking it might be because they're busy that week... i'd definitely give the admissions office a call to make sure...
i'm thinking it might be because they're busy that week... i'd definitely give the admissions office a call to make sure...
Just something to distract you, here's a vid from this year's talent show:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHoo4rqoIWM[/YOUTUBE]
Hopefully more will surface once the official recording comes out, there were a lot of great acts. 😀
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHoo4rqoIWM[/YOUTUBE]
Hopefully more will surface once the official recording comes out, there were a lot of great acts. 😀
Hey guys..just had a question for the out of staters about tuition. I'm assuming OOSers have to pay the OOS rate for first year...but does anyone know how easy/hard the school is on granting residency status to get in state tuition after a year? Thanks, any answers would help me out a lot
Hey guys..just had a question for the out of staters about tuition. I'm assuming OOSers have to pay the OOS rate for first year...but does anyone know how easy/hard the school is on granting residency status to get in state tuition after a year? Thanks, any answers would help me out a lot
yes, i've heard from Depakote and many others that they haven't had any problems declaring instate residency after the first year... the school does everything it can to help you get in state...
Just something to distract you, here's a vid from this year's talent show:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHoo4rqoIWM[/YOUTUBE]
Hopefully more will surface once the official recording comes out, there were a lot of great acts. 😀
just saw this, i love it!!

Depakote, please take a look at the match list for wright state:
http://www.med.wright.edu/students/2008/index.html
I am trying to find something similar for toledo that would help me see the exact location of each graduate. I am extremely interested in finding out who is able to match more people outside ohio.
If you take a look at toledo's here:
http://hsc.utoledo.edu/depts/stuaff/pdf/Match_Summary_2007.pdf
as you can see, they only give us summaries and general information.
Do you think the admissions office might have something similar to that of wright state where you can see each state that each grad ended up in?
thank you!😍
http://www.med.wright.edu/students/2008/index.html
I am trying to find something similar for toledo that would help me see the exact location of each graduate. I am extremely interested in finding out who is able to match more people outside ohio.
If you take a look at toledo's here:
http://hsc.utoledo.edu/depts/stuaff/pdf/Match_Summary_2007.pdf
as you can see, they only give us summaries and general information.
Do you think the admissions office might have something similar to that of wright state where you can see each state that each grad ended up in?
thank you!😍
Depakote, please take a look at the match list for wright state:
http://www.med.wright.edu/students/2008/index.html
I am trying to find something similar for toledo that would help me see the exact location of each graduate. I am extremely interested in finding out who is able to match more people outside ohio.
If you take a look at toledo's here:
http://hsc.utoledo.edu/depts/stuaff/pdf/Match_Summary_2007.pdf
as you can see, they only give us summaries and general information.
Do you think the admissions office might have something similar to that of wright state where you can see each state that each grad ended up in?
thank you!😍
I just interviewed at Toledo on Thursday and they gave everyone two residency match packets, one for 2007 and one for 2008. They had a sheet similar to that pdf on the front of the packet, with specific school matches in each specialty in the packet as well. I am sure you could get a pdf of it from the admissions office.
I appologize for the hugeness, my poor computer skills leave my options at huge or tiny. Scans of 08&07 match lists
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From that status email update a lot of us received, I haven't heard anything back yet.
: 😕?
I remember it saying "We hope to have a decision on your application made by late February to early March and sincerely appreciate your patience during this process"
hmm...
: 😕?I remember it saying "We hope to have a decision on your application made by late February to early March and sincerely appreciate your patience during this process"
hmm...
I appologize for the hugeness, my poor computer skills leave my options at huge or tiny.
you freakin' ROCK! This is exactly what I was looking for...
thank you very much🙂
From that status email update a lot of us received, I haven't heard anything back yet.: 😕?
I remember it saying "We hope to have a decision on your application made by late February to early March and sincerely appreciate your patience during this process"
hmm...
Ditto
got a large envelope in the mail from financial aid a few hours ago... it wasn't an award though, just some brochures and forms to fill out and return...
Hey, does anyone know which airport is closest to the school? and anything about hotels? thanks for any input.
Hey, does anyone know which airport is closest to the school? and anything about hotels? thanks for any input.
There's the Toledo airport, about 20 min away from campus. There's a Hilton on campus.
WL, OOS, anybody have an idea of how promising (or not) that is ... thanks.
The OOS waitlist generally moves pretty well, but it doesn't really start moving until after May 15. I think that's when they officially rank it. I'd say top third, you've got a good shot. Middle third, fair. Lower third, not too good.
(I was on the OOS waitlist and pulled in early July, btw)
There's the Toledo airport, about 20 min away from campus. There's a Hilton on campus.
The OOS waitlist generally moves pretty well, but it doesn't really start moving until after May 15. I think that's when they officially rank it. I'd say top third, you've got a good shot. Middle third, fair. Lower third, not too good.
(I was on the OOS waitlist and pulled in early July, btw)
Thanks!
I just got an interview invite for here, and set up my interview for April 23rd! Anyone else coming on that day?
I'm so excited. I thought for sure this cycle was over for sure, so I'm very pleased to have received this email earlier today 🙂
I'm so excited. I thought for sure this cycle was over for sure, so I'm very pleased to have received this email earlier today 🙂
From that status email update a lot of us received, I haven't heard anything back yet.: 😕?
I remember it saying "We hope to have a decision on your application made by late February to early March and sincerely appreciate your patience during this process"
hmm...
I got the same thing, and I haven't heard from the school since. It seems a little rude and unprofessional, don't you think?
I got the same thing, and I haven't heard from the school since. It seems a little rude and unprofessional, don't you think?
Well keep your head up, because I got that email and received my rejection in the mail last week.
Well keep your head up, because I got that email and received my rejection in the mail last week.
Thanks,
I guess I'll be joining the club real soon.
Btw, I just looked at your profile, and I gotta say ... how in the world did you not get accepted into at least half those schools??
Anyway, good luck with the rest of the app. season.
just got the email about their 2nd look for thursday, April 23...
is anyone going?
is anyone going?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got the email about their 2nd look for thursday, April 23...
is anyone going?
I will be there for my first interview on that day
Strange, I didn't get that email either.
Strange, I didn't get that email either.
seriously?
the email came from:
[email protected]
check your spam - is it still not there?
if not, let me know, and i'll forward you the actual email...
Hmm, it's not in my spam folder either. I'll PM you my email address if you don't mind forwarding it. Thanks.seriously?
the email came from:
[email protected]
check your spam - is it still not there?
if not, let me know, and i'll forward you the actual email...
Does the acceptance/waitlist notification come via email or snail mail?
Email followed by snail mail.
just got the email about their 2nd look for thursday, April 23...
is anyone going?
I didn't get that email either....
Thanks,
I guess I'll be joining the club real soon.
Btw, I just looked at your profile, and I gotta say ... how in the world did you not get accepted into at least half those schools??
Anyway, good luck with the rest of the app. season.
Hey, you probably would have gotten it by now so that can't be a bad thing!
And, thanks. I haven't even gotten an interview. I'm guessing the low science GPA and being from CA are holding me back. I by no means thought I was a shoe-in, but I thought I at least would get a couple interviews. sigh. I'm getting ready to reapply now...
Good luck to you, too.
I didn't get that email either....
i just found out that the email was for minority applicants... it looks like it was sent to me (and a few other people) by mistake... i'm glad I called them to inquire... that would've been embarassing😀
For those that interviewed on 3/5, I contacted the admissions office this last week and was told that they expected to review our applications on 3/31, and that letters (and emails?) would be sent on Wednesday or Thursday.
I JUST GOT THE EMAIL FROM SANDY!!
ACCEPTED! interviewed 3/5
I JUST GOT THE EMAIL FROM SANDY!!
ACCEPTED! interviewed 3/5
Congrats! I called them earlier today and they told me that my app would be reviewed today. I don't have an acceptance in my inbox, so I suppose that means that I am on the waitlist....
I JUST GOT THE EMAIL FROM SANDY!!
ACCEPTED! interviewed 3/5
Congrats! 😀
Does anyone know how often the committee meets?
Congrats! I called them earlier today and they told me that my app would be reviewed today. I don't have an acceptance in my inbox, so I suppose that means that I am on the waitlist....
My suspicions were correct, I called this morning and I was placed on the alternate list. I was told that the alternate list will not even be ranked until ~June 1st. 🙁
Sorry to hear that...
At least in previous years, the alternate list does get a reasonable amount of movement so hang in there.
At least in previous years, the alternate list does get a reasonable amount of movement so hang in there.

My suspicions were correct, I called this morning and I was placed on the alternate list. I was told that the alternate list will not even be ranked until ~June 1st. 🙁
I'm still waiting 🙁 Did they email you about being put on the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm still waiting 🙁 Did they email you about being put on the waitlist?
No, I called them and asked.
Hey, prospectives,
If you are OOS, I hope you get my spot! I just withdrew my acceptance.
Good luck, all!
If you are OOS, I hope you get my spot! I just withdrew my acceptance.
Good luck, all!
Hey, prospectives,
If you are OOS, I hope you get my spot! I just withdrew my acceptance.
Good luck, all!
Thank you for that! Did you ask them to pass it over to me 🙂 ?
Sorry to hear that...
At least in previous years, the alternate list does get a reasonable amount of movement so hang in there.![]()
I remember you saying that you got in from the alternate list in July or something like that. How did you rank on the alternate list before you got in?
Thank you for that! Did you ask them to pass it over to me 🙂 ?
Haha, let me just give Ms. Hassell a call back... lol
Good luck, Davydude🙂 I really hope it works out for you!!!

- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K