You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2008-2009 WashU (Washington University, St. Louis) Secondary Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten an email from WashU recently about interviews? I just find it odd how everyone has been getting the calendar through the status page without any sort of communication from the admissions office.
Not that I'm complaining...but without SDN I certainly wouldn't have checked any time soon 🙁
Not that I'm complaining...but without SDN I certainly wouldn't have checked any time soon 🙁
Has anyone gotten an email from WashU recently about interviews? I just find it odd how everyone has been getting the calendar through the status page without any sort of communication from the admissions office.
Not that I'm complaining...but without SDN I certainly wouldn't have checked any time soon 🙁
Well, I got an email from WashU on the 11th telling me to go to their website and select a date. Unfortunately, their MD committee apparently sends out emails separately from the MSTP committee, so I'm still waiting on news.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Gahh. I'm attempting to research WashU before I fly there tomorrow and wouldn't you know their website is down! Help? Anyone? I typically don't do these things last minute, but the cosmos have ruled against me...
They will give you a "Dis-Orientation" Guide to WashU when you arrive so you will have a chance to read it before your interview. I think you will find it to be a much more fun way to learn about WashU than reading the website.
Some basic ideas:
If you are interested in public health there is a public health plunge called WUMP the week before regular orientation where you do all sorts of stuff relating to public health from lectures, to shadowing, to volunteering.
If international health is your thing there is the Forum on International Health and Tropical Medicine. They do spring break trips and also fund student projects either summer after M1 year or as part of an away rotation during M4. There are also several international health related selectives.
If research is your thing...well you've come to the right place. Basically anyone who wants research funding can get it. You can do it M1 summer or take a year off. Clinical or basic you can pretty much find someone doing whatever you are interested in here.
Legend
SS: Secondary Sent
LR: Letters Received
C: Complete
II: Interview Invite
I: Interview
Myuuchan: SS: 6/17, LR: 7/30, C: 8/1, II:?, I:?
Shemarty: SS: 6/18, LR: 7/15, C: 7/16, II:9/11, I:10/6
Slipstream99: SS: 6/25, LR: 8/6, C: 8/6, II:9/11, I:10/13
copingmethods: SS: 6/26, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
JDoc13: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/17, C: 7/17, II:?, I:?
bozz: SS: 6/28, LR: ? C: ??, II:?, I:?
RapplixGmed: SS: 6/29, LR: ?, C: ??, II:?, I:?
Rowerlauren: SS: 6/30, LR: 7/25, C: 7/28, II:?, I:?
funkydrmonkey: SS: 7/01, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
chemnerd31: SS: 7/3, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
WinterLights: SS: 7/8, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
Happyandswell: SS: 7/8, LR: 8/1, C: 8/2, II:?, I:?
Serikk85: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
BlinkUnquiet:SS:6/25, LR: 7/10, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
Calf: SS: 7/14, LR: 8/15, C: 8/15, II:?, I:?
PremedIowa:SS:7/20, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
Dal2487:SS:7/6, LR: 8/4, C: 8/4, II:?, I:?
Lynkeus: SS:7/12, LR: 7/23, C: 8/6, II:?, I:?
JoJo23497: SS:8/8, LR: 8/11, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
oober: SS: 7/21, LR: 7/29, C: 8/14, II:?, I:?
Dulcina: SS: 7/7, LR: 8/13, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
js1704: SS: 7/26, LR: ?, C: ?, II: 9/17, I: 10/13
SS: Secondary Sent
LR: Letters Received
C: Complete
II: Interview Invite
I: Interview
Myuuchan: SS: 6/17, LR: 7/30, C: 8/1, II:?, I:?
Shemarty: SS: 6/18, LR: 7/15, C: 7/16, II:9/11, I:10/6
Slipstream99: SS: 6/25, LR: 8/6, C: 8/6, II:9/11, I:10/13
copingmethods: SS: 6/26, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
JDoc13: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/17, C: 7/17, II:?, I:?
bozz: SS: 6/28, LR: ? C: ??, II:?, I:?
RapplixGmed: SS: 6/29, LR: ?, C: ??, II:?, I:?
Rowerlauren: SS: 6/30, LR: 7/25, C: 7/28, II:?, I:?
funkydrmonkey: SS: 7/01, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
chemnerd31: SS: 7/3, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
WinterLights: SS: 7/8, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
Happyandswell: SS: 7/8, LR: 8/1, C: 8/2, II:?, I:?
Serikk85: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
BlinkUnquiet:SS:6/25, LR: 7/10, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
Calf: SS: 7/14, LR: 8/15, C: 8/15, II:?, I:?
PremedIowa:SS:7/20, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
Dal2487:SS:7/6, LR: 8/4, C: 8/4, II:?, I:?
Lynkeus: SS:7/12, LR: 7/23, C: 8/6, II:?, I:?
JoJo23497: SS:8/8, LR: 8/11, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
oober: SS: 7/21, LR: 7/29, C: 8/14, II:?, I:?
Dulcina: SS: 7/7, LR: 8/13, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
js1704: SS: 7/26, LR: ?, C: ?, II: 9/17, I: 10/13
Legend
SS: Secondary Sent
LR: Letters Received
C: Complete
II: Interview Invite
I: Interview
Myuuchan: SS: 6/17, LR: 7/30, C: 8/1, II:?, I:?
Shemarty: SS: 6/18, LR: 7/15, C: 7/16, II:9/11, I:10/6
Slipstream99: SS: 6/25, LR: 8/6, C: 8/6, II:9/11, I:10/13
copingmethods: SS: 6/26, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
JDoc13: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/17, C: 7/17, II:?, I:?
bozz: SS: 6/28, LR: ? C: ??, II:?, I:?
RapplixGmed: SS: 6/29, LR: ?, C: ??, II:?, I:?
Rowerlauren: SS: 6/30, LR: 7/25, C: 7/28, II:?, I:?
funkydrmonkey: SS: 7/01, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
chemnerd31: SS: 7/3, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
WinterLights: SS: 7/8, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
Happyandswell: SS: 7/8, LR: 8/1, C: 8/2, II:?, I:?
Serikk85: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
BlinkUnquiet:SS:6/25, LR: 7/10, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
Calf: SS: 7/14, LR: 8/15, C: 8/15, II:?, I:?
PremedIowa:SS:7/20, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
Dal2487:SS:7/6, LR: 8/4, C: 8/4, II:?, I:?
Lynkeus: SS:7/12, LR: 7/23, C: 8/6, II:?, I:?
JoJo23497: SS:8/8, LR: 8/11, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
oober: SS: 7/21, LR: 7/29, C: 8/14, II:?, I:?
Dulcina: SS: 7/7, LR: 8/13, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
js1704: SS: 7/26, LR: ?, C: ?, II: 9/17, I: 10/13
cooljohn: SS: 8/25 LR:? C: 9/3 II: 9/17 I: 10/10
SS: Secondary Sent
LR: Letters Received
C: Complete
II: Interview Invite
I: Interview
Myuuchan: SS: 6/17, LR: 7/30, C: 8/1, II:?, I:?
Shemarty: SS: 6/18, LR: 7/15, C: 7/16, II:9/11, I:10/6
Slipstream99: SS: 6/25, LR: 8/6, C: 8/6, II:9/11, I:10/13
copingmethods: SS: 6/26, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
JDoc13: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/17, C: 7/17, II:?, I:?
bozz: SS: 6/28, LR: ? C: ??, II:?, I:?
RapplixGmed: SS: 6/29, LR: ?, C: ??, II:?, I:?
Rowerlauren: SS: 6/30, LR: 7/25, C: 7/28, II:?, I:?
funkydrmonkey: SS: 7/01, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
chemnerd31: SS: 7/3, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
WinterLights: SS: 7/8, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
Happyandswell: SS: 7/8, LR: 8/1, C: 8/2, II:?, I:?
Serikk85: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
BlinkUnquiet:SS:6/25, LR: 7/10, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
Calf: SS: 7/14, LR: 8/15, C: 8/15, II:?, I:?
PremedIowa:SS:7/20, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
Dal2487:SS:7/6, LR: 8/4, C: 8/4, II:?, I:?
Lynkeus: SS:7/12, LR: 7/23, C: 8/6, II:?, I:?
JoJo23497: SS:8/8, LR: 8/11, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
oober: SS: 7/21, LR: 7/29, C: 8/14, II:?, I:?
Dulcina: SS: 7/7, LR: 8/13, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
js1704: SS: 7/26, LR: ?, C: ?, II: 9/17, I: 10/13
cooljohn: SS: 8/25 LR:? C: 9/3 II: 9/17 I: 10/10
Last edited:
Figured it was finally time to update this:
SS:7/20, LR: 8/1, C: 8/1, II: 9/11, I: 9/16
Legend
SS: Secondary Sent
LR: Letters Received
C: Complete
II: Interview Invite
I: Interview
Myuuchan: SS: 6/17, LR: 7/30, C: 8/1, II:?, I:?
Shemarty: SS: 6/18, LR: 7/15, C: 7/16, II:9/11, I:10/6
Slipstream99: SS: 6/25, LR: 8/6, C: 8/6, II:9/11, I:10/13
copingmethods: SS: 6/26, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
JDoc13: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/17, C: 7/17, II:?, I:?
bozz: SS: 6/28, LR: ? C: ??, II:?, I:?
RapplixGmed: SS: 6/29, LR: ?, C: ??, II:?, I:?
Rowerlauren: SS: 6/30, LR: 7/25, C: 7/28, II:?, I:?
funkydrmonkey: SS: 7/01, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
chemnerd31: SS: 7/3, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
WinterLights: SS: 7/8, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
Happyandswell: SS: 7/8, LR: 8/1, C: 8/2, II:?, I:?
Serikk85: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
BlinkUnquiet:SS:6/25, LR: 7/10, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
Calf: SS: 7/14, LR: 8/15, C: 8/15, II:?, I:?
PremedIowa:SS:7/20, LR: 8/1, C: 8/1, II: 9/11, I: 9/16
Dal2487:SS:7/6, LR: 8/4, C: 8/4, II:?, I:?
Lynkeus: SS:7/12, LR: 7/23, C: 8/6, II:?, I:?
JoJo23497: SS:8/8, LR: 8/11, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
oober: SS: 7/21, LR: 7/29, C: 8/14, II:?, I:?
Dulcina: SS: 7/7, LR: 8/13, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
js1704: SS: 7/26, LR: ?, C: ?, II: 9/17, I: 10/13
cooljohn: SS: 8/25 LR:? C: 9/3 II: 9/17 I: 10/10
SS:7/20, LR: 8/1, C: 8/1, II: 9/11, I: 9/16
Legend
SS: Secondary Sent
LR: Letters Received
C: Complete
II: Interview Invite
I: Interview
Myuuchan: SS: 6/17, LR: 7/30, C: 8/1, II:?, I:?
Shemarty: SS: 6/18, LR: 7/15, C: 7/16, II:9/11, I:10/6
Slipstream99: SS: 6/25, LR: 8/6, C: 8/6, II:9/11, I:10/13
copingmethods: SS: 6/26, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
JDoc13: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/17, C: 7/17, II:?, I:?
bozz: SS: 6/28, LR: ? C: ??, II:?, I:?
RapplixGmed: SS: 6/29, LR: ?, C: ??, II:?, I:?
Rowerlauren: SS: 6/30, LR: 7/25, C: 7/28, II:?, I:?
funkydrmonkey: SS: 7/01, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
chemnerd31: SS: 7/3, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
WinterLights: SS: 7/8, LR: ?, C: ?, II:?, I:?
Happyandswell: SS: 7/8, LR: 8/1, C: 8/2, II:?, I:?
Serikk85: SS: 6/28, LR: 7/8, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
BlinkUnquiet:SS:6/25, LR: 7/10, C: 7/11, II:?, I:?
Calf: SS: 7/14, LR: 8/15, C: 8/15, II:?, I:?
PremedIowa:SS:7/20, LR: 8/1, C: 8/1, II: 9/11, I: 9/16
Dal2487:SS:7/6, LR: 8/4, C: 8/4, II:?, I:?
Lynkeus: SS:7/12, LR: 7/23, C: 8/6, II:?, I:?
JoJo23497: SS:8/8, LR: 8/11, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
oober: SS: 7/21, LR: 7/29, C: 8/14, II:?, I:?
Dulcina: SS: 7/7, LR: 8/13, C: 8/13, II:?, I:?
js1704: SS: 7/26, LR: ?, C: ?, II: 9/17, I: 10/13
cooljohn: SS: 8/25 LR:? C: 9/3 II: 9/17 I: 10/10
interview! 🙂
hmm does anyone have info about the interview day? i seem to have lost that email (which had the login address also). where are we supposed to go, and what is the structure of the interview day (or when are we supposed to be there? lol).
thanks! dunno how i lost those emails >.<
edit: got the info, thanks erkle!
thanks! dunno how i lost those emails >.<
edit: got the info, thanks erkle!
Last edited:
Does WashU extend acceptances on Wednesday?
Does WashU extend acceptances on Wednesday?
Hmm, I was wondering this too. They didn't tell us on our interview day. Let me go look at last year's acceptance thread...
Edit:
Here's what I found from last year. I= interview. A= acceptance
I: 10/17 A: 11/17
I: 10/18 A: 11/17
I: 10/15 A: 12/15
I: 10/31 A: 12/14
I: 11/06 A: 1/10
I: 12/17 A: 1/24
I: 12/11 A: 1/26
It seems like they accepted people 1 month after their interview date. Unfortunately there were no earlier interviews reported from last year.
Last edited:
Thanks for looking that up, Shemarty. It looks like they are operating on a different schedule than last year, anyway. I interviewed in mid September, so hopefully a decision on my app has been made. I will call on Wednesday and post what they said.
Thanks for looking that up, Shemarty. It looks like they are operating on a different schedule than last year, anyway. I interviewed in mid September, so hopefully a decision on my app has been made. I will call on Wednesday and post what they said.
With your GPA and MCAT, I'm sure WashU will make sure they got first dib on you 🙂
Thanks for looking that up, Shemarty. It looks like they are operating on a different schedule than last year, anyway. I interviewed in mid September, so hopefully a decision on my app has been made. I will call on Wednesday and post what they said.
Thanks. Yea, it does seem like they started everything earlier this year compared to last year.
Last year, 10/15 was the first Wash U interview date reported on the interview invite thread. This year, the first interview date reported on the invite thread is 10/6.
You interviewed in mid-September? The first interview invites went out on 9/11, but I don't remember when the first interview dates were.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called and told them I would be in Saint Louis 9/15, so I got an interview on 9/16 after the offer on 9/11.
Thanks, Gloryfield. Confidence is good, but I'd rather have that damn bird in hand now.
I called this morning and the admissions person was cryptic and said that I could get my status updated anywhere from now until April.
Thanks, Gloryfield. Confidence is good, but I'd rather have that damn bird in hand now.
I called this morning and the admissions person was cryptic and said that I could get my status updated anywhere from now until April.
Thanks. Yea, it does seem like they started everything earlier this year compared to last year.
Last year, 10/15 was the first Wash U interview date reported on the interview invite thread. This year, the first interview date reported on the invite thread is 10/6.
You interviewed in mid-September? The first interview invites went out on 9/11, but I don't remember when the first interview dates were.
The first official interview date was 10/1. Dr. Ross told us that during our interview day.
T
thegreenlight
Is WUSTL reviewing applications in order of submission or strength of application? I was complete very early on, but I still haven't heard anything from them. Also, I notice that everyone who has received an interview invite thus far has extremely high MCAT scores. 🙁
Is WUSTL reviewing applications in order of submission or strength of application? I was complete very early on, but I still haven't heard anything from them. Also, I notice that everyone who has received an interview invite thus far has extremely high MCAT scores. 🙁
WashU is notorious for this. I definitely think your 37 puts you in their range though! I wouldn't be worried yet, even if you were complete earlier on. Good luck!
anyone know when the first round of acceptances comes out?
I interviewed at wash U the first week of October, and they told us that they wouldn't even meet as the entire committee to review the applications until November. I am thinking that I will probably hear from them in late November/December. Sorry =(...I know that is sad news lol. I wish I could hear right now.
to people who have interviewed, do you guys recommend staying in olin hall? did anyone pay the extra 34/night there to stay in the city for a couple extra nights? also, would it be a big deal if i cant make the pizza party thing with the students?
to people who have interviewed, do you guys recommend staying in olin hall? did anyone pay the extra 34/night there to stay in the city for a couple extra nights? also, would it be a big deal if i cant make the pizza party thing with the students?
i definitely recommend staying in olin hall. my husband and i went there last week, and it was a very nice place to stay. the staff was really nice and put an extra twin mattress on the floor for me 🙂 plus, olin hall is really close to the metrolink, so if you are flying in you do not have to work about transportation.
we stayed an extra night, and i'm glad we did because it gave us a much better impression of the city. (just so you know, they only take cash 🙂 ) finally, i would recommend the pizza thing because it lets you talk with current med students (including your med buddy)
to people who have interviewed, do you guys recommend staying in olin hall? did anyone pay the extra 34/night there to stay in the city for a couple extra nights? also, would it be a big deal if i cant make the pizza party thing with the students?
If you can make it to the pizza party I would recommend it. But if you can't because of a flight or something it isn't a big deal. You can talk to students during the breakfast or just stop someone who looks student-like in the hallway and see what they have to say. No one is going to read into the fact that you didn't go to the pizza party. I didn't when I interviewed. But again, if you can go I would.
T
thegreenlight
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from WUSTL?
i am.Is anyone still waiting to hear back from WUSTL?
i am.
Same here...
but, then again, i don't have a 3.9/37. daaammnn!Is anyone still waiting to hear back from WUSTL?
but, then again, i don't have a 3.9/37. daaammnn!
Dang it... does that mean I should not expect to hear anything from them, except for a rejection letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
well, i think this school interviews the best stats first, and then, if they still have time, invite us 😛Dang it... does that mean I should not expect to hear anything from them, except for a rejection letter?
well, i think this school interviews the best stats first, and then, if they still have time, invite us 😛
When they invite us in Jan, we should schedule our interview day on the same day😀
haha ok! that should be fun.When they invite us in Jan, we should schedule our interview day on the same day😀
just got an invite today.
We are supposed to call them or something? I just did everything on the washu status website and didn't call.
I didn't find out through the website. I found out through email, and the email said to call.
I didn't find out through the website. I found out through email, and the email said to call.
Do you guys think missing the pizza party the night before is a big deal? I'd like to go, but my flight gets in close to when it starts, so I don't know that I'll be able to make it. I'll go to the breakfast the next morning...
No big deal if you miss the pizza party... When I was there it was just a bunch of first year students and interviewees sitting around talking. It was a good time though, and the pizza was definitely appreciated.Do you guys think missing the pizza party the night before is a big deal? I'd like to go, but my flight gets in close to when it starts, so I don't know that I'll be able to make it. I'll go to the breakfast the next morning...
I was late as well because my plane didn't get in until 7:50. Pizza will probably be out for 30-40 minutes, so don't worry about being a little late.
Invite today via email! Didn't say anything about having to call them... didn't have to do that last year either.
👍
👍

got the interview invite email yesterday! interview scheduled for Thursday November 20. Before I call them, anyone have an idea of how long the interview day lasts. The last megabus to Chicago that leaves on Thursday leaves at 4:30 pm. The next one leaves at 1 am on Friday. Thanks.
got the interview invite email yesterday! interview scheduled for Thursday November 20. Before I call them, anyone have an idea of how long the interview day lasts. The last megabus to Chicago that leaves on Thursday leaves at 4:30 pm. The next one leaves at 1 am on Friday. Thanks.
do we seriously have to call them post-invite? I haven't called for anything yet. They marked me complete pretty fast so there wasn't a need.
do we seriously have to call them post-invite? I haven't called for anything yet. They marked me complete pretty fast so there wasn't a need.
i didn't have to call them. i just did to find out when the interview day would be over, so i could determine whether i would make a 4:30 pm bus.
so for anyone else, the interview day should end no later than 3 pm.
So I just got an interview from washu! I'm very excited, especially since my mcat is way below their average (33). Anyways, my interview is on Nov. 18th. If any current students or people who have already interviewed have any advice, I would be very grateful! I need all the help I can get to really wow the interviewers.
So I just got an interview from washu! I'm very excited, especially since my mcat is way below their average (33). Anyways, my interview is on Nov. 18th. If any current students or people who have already interviewed have any advice, I would be very grateful! I need all the help I can get to really wow the interviewers.
ok, this is gonna sound lame, but just be yourself. Unless you are a trained FBI agent, going in to the interview purely for the purpose of "wow[ing]" the interviews using superficial stuff, will probably backfire. Do the background research and stuff, of course, read their website, their viewbook, goto the pizza dinner thing the night before, and chat.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"The admissions process for acceptance will not start until possibly after the new year. You will be contacted once a decision has been made."
😱 Aw man, they told us November!
ok, this is gonna sound lame, but just be yourself. Unless you are a trained FBI agent, going in to the interview purely for the purpose of "wow[ing]" the interviews using superficial stuff, will probably backfire. Do the background research and stuff, of course, read their website, their viewbook, goto the pizza dinner thing the night before, and chat.
Thanks! good advice. Does anyone know if Washu interviews tend to be more conversational or more intense?
Thanks! good advice. Does anyone know if Washu interviews tend to be more conversational or more intense?
looks like its low stress, so more conversational
http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=148
Thanks! good advice. Does anyone know if Washu interviews tend to be more conversational or more intense?
Almost all of the interviewees the day I was there said their interviews were pretty relaxed. My interviewer wasn't intense, but was pretty formal and not too conversational.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 34
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 656
Haven't called yet, but will later today I think. I'm in shock. I was expecting a rejection! They're way way out of my league but I guess they think differently?