You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Clinical/Counseling Psych Programs Rejection Thread
Started by PrisonPsych
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejection via mass email from the University of Georgia's Counseling PhD program today.
2nd rejection: U Maryland College Park, Clinical Phd. This one hurts.
Ditto on the fordham rejection, ditto on CUNY, fingers crossed hoping that Yeshiva shines down with an interview. 7 unknowns.
Sigh... It's most upsetting to disappoint those around you that supported this process: advisers, parents, friends, and the significant other. bleh
Sigh... It's most upsetting to disappoint those around you that supported this process: advisers, parents, friends, and the significant other. bleh
I know I asked this already, but where was the online status update for Minnesota? Did you sign onto your online application? Did they send you an email?
I read on the list that someone found out about Kansas clinical from an email telling them to log in. Was it one of the websites used to apply? I applied there too and haven't anything so I'm assuming the same thing, just wondering if there was a way to check it.
It seems (based on some PMs I've exchanged) that for the child clinical folk when you sign on to the on-line application, down where your application status is listed (mine just says 'submitted'), there is sometimes a link that says 'a decision has been reached.'I know I asked this already, but where was the online status update for Minnesota? Did you sign onto your online application? Did they send you an email?
I obviously can't be entirely sure that it's a child/adult distinction. I can't be sure about anything. Where am I again? What is this glowing rectangle in front of me?
Sorry, lost control for a moment. Hope this helps.
I obviously can't be entirely sure that it's a child/adult distinction. I can't be sure about anything. Where am I again? What is this glowing rectangle in front of me?
Sorry, lost control for a moment. Hope this helps.
I love the collective sense of mania on this website. Although we may not be wanted, at least we know we aren't alone
I did appreciate the rejection that Fordham sent out. It was nice and humane (540 applicants!) whereas CUNY said something along the lines of "we carefully reviewed all documents, and then decided we didn't like you" 👎
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know it's been reported already, but just received my first rejection (snail mail) from Loyola U in Maryland. It's ok... would have been a b*** of a commute for me.
more updates posted
Hey folks,
Received a rejection from UF today (1/31) for Clinical program. I'm going to hang it up on my fridge and confuse my roommates! Hope this gives some hope to those who haven't received a UF rejection, and hope you are all staying sane through the waiting! Good luck.
Received a rejection from UF today (1/31) for Clinical program. I'm going to hang it up on my fridge and confuse my roommates! Hope this gives some hope to those who haven't received a UF rejection, and hope you are all staying sane through the waiting! Good luck.
Hey folks,
Received a rejection from UF today (1/31) for Clinical program. I'm going to hang it up on my fridge and confuse my roommates! Hope this gives some hope to those who haven't received a UF rejection, and hope you are all staying sane through the waiting! Good luck.
I realize that many of might want to know who my POI was for UF, so will post that hear to avoid PM clutter. I applied to work as a part of the clinical program focusing on Neuropsych (which is like the 2nd best in the country, so not really surprised I got rejected), and they do it a little differently. You first get accepted to the clinical focus on neuropsych and then decide who to work with. I specifically mentioned working with Dr. Bowers. Hope this helps.
M
mas810
Officially rejected from Fordham (via e-mail) and from Suffolk (via snail mail). I really hope my three invites for interviews works out.
I, too, got a snail mail rejection from the University of Florida this weekend.
I, too, got a snail mail rejection from the University of Florida this weekend.
WHich track did you apply for?
WHich track did you apply for?
Neuropsych.
Dont you guys want to send this to the schools you get rejected from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0
The thought of sending this to DCTs is all that kept a smile on my face last year.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0
The thought of sending this to DCTs is all that kept a smile on my face last year.
Another rejection... Loyola University-Chicago, Counseling PhD. Notified via snail mail today, Feb. 1.
The more rejections I get, the more pressure I feel to do well at my 2 interviews...
The more rejections I get, the more pressure I feel to do well at my 2 interviews...
Dont you guys want to send this to the schools you get rejected from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0
The thought of sending this to DCTs is all that kept a smile on my face last year.
HAHAHAHA! I needed that after being rejected from URI (via email) and Suffolk (my "safety" via snail mail) today.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can the person who was rejected from University of Georgia PLEASE PM me their POI? Or, I can PM them mine and they can tell me if it is the same person.
Thanks!
I second that.
I got a rejection for University of Kentucky today via snail mail. It's too bad, one of my top choices!
Well, maybe you'll end up being accepted by your absolute, number 1 choice. : )
I got a rejection for University of Kentucky today via snail mail. It's too bad, one of my top choices!
I'm terrified mine is on the way! The interview was over a week ago and I have not received an acceptance phone call. I checked the mailbox twice today already but maybe its in there now🙂.
Dont you guys want to send this to the schools you get rejected from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0
The thought of sending this to DCTs is all that kept a smile on my face last year.
LOL!! One of the first songs I put on my Ipod ages ago 🙂 I always knew it would come in handy eventually. ABBA helping me through tough times.......who'dathought?
Received rejection letter from the University of Kentucky, Clinical PhD program on 2/1/10 
lots of updates posted today...
Unofficial rejection from University of Pittsburgh clinical phd program via email. Instructed that official notification will be sent shortly. Not one of my top choices, but I have a feeling this is the first of many.
Unofficial rejection from University of Pittsburgh clinical phd program via email. Instructed that official notification will be sent shortly. Not one of my top choices, but I have a feeling this is the first of many.
Did the email read as a mass email? Pitt is one of my top choices so I'm hoping I don't get this. Hang in there everyone.
Did the email read as a mass email? Pitt is one of my top choices so I'm hoping I don't get this. Hang in there everyone.
Sorry - for those interested: received notice after inquiry into my status for Pitt clin phd program, personal email from DCT
Is this for the institute of child dev?
It seems (based on some PMs I've exchanged) that for the child clinical folk when you sign on to the on-line application, down where your application status is listed (mine just says 'submitted'), there is sometimes a link that says 'a decision has been reached.'
I obviously can't be entirely sure that it's a child/adult distinction. I can't be sure about anything. Where am I again? What is this glowing rectangle in front of me?
Sorry, lost control for a moment. Hope this helps.
So far rejected from U Kentucky (following an interview), U Maryland College Park, Vanderbilt.
Expecting to be rejected from San Diego State/U Cal SD, U Florida and U Illinois Chicago (no word from them yet despite upcoming interview dates and at least some invites having been sent out from each already).
I have an invite coming up at Nothwestern and needless to say I feel *huge* pressure for it.
Still waiting to hear from U Alabama Birmingham, U Cincinatti (my POI isn't taking a student!!), USUHS and Virginia Consortium. Not looking good, although I think I can learn from this and hopefully do a better job next year...
Expecting to be rejected from San Diego State/U Cal SD, U Florida and U Illinois Chicago (no word from them yet despite upcoming interview dates and at least some invites having been sent out from each already).
I have an invite coming up at Nothwestern and needless to say I feel *huge* pressure for it.
Still waiting to hear from U Alabama Birmingham, U Cincinatti (my POI isn't taking a student!!), USUHS and Virginia Consortium. Not looking good, although I think I can learn from this and hopefully do a better job next year...
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So far rejected from U Kentucky (following an interview), U Maryland College Park, Vanderbilt.
Expecting to be rejected from San Diego State/U Cal SD, U Florida and U Illinois Chicago (no word from them yet despite upcoming interview dates and at least some invites having been sent out from each already).
I have an invite coming up at Nothwestern and needless to say I feel *huge* pressure for it.
Still waiting to hear from U Alabama Birmingham, U Cincinatti (my POI isn't taking a student!!), USUHS and Virginia Consortium. Not looking good, although I think I can learn from this and hopefully do a better job next year...
Did you receive an official Vanderbilt rejection, or are you just assuming because the interview is this weekend? Also, official UF rejections were received over the weekend... if you didn't get one then you might be waitlisted 🙂. My POI for SDSU/UCSD said invites should be going out today, so don't count them yet either.
Just a little encouragement for you 😀. Are you interviewing at Evanston or Feinberg?
Rejected today from UGA Clinical (post-interview). Ashame, it was my #1 program....looks like I'll be on this forum again next year.
Best of luck to those of you who were waitlisted.
How do you know you'll be back next year? You said it was your #1, but not your only.
To whomever received the rejection from Vanderbilt or the OP, how did you receive it? I'm just wondering if it was from a POI after inquiring about your status or on the online application?
Thanks.
Thanks.
Hi,
I know schools tend to give "soft rejections" (i.e., silence) at the interview invite stage, but do they ever do this at the post-interview stage? One of my schools interviewed on Jan. 15th, and I still haven't heard anything about my post-interview status, which worries me.
I know schools tend to give "soft rejections" (i.e., silence) at the interview invite stage, but do they ever do this at the post-interview stage? One of my schools interviewed on Jan. 15th, and I still haven't heard anything about my post-interview status, which worries me.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 1K
