2009-2010 Ohio State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want an interview here.

Members don't see this ad.

For anybody who cares, this school is awesome when it comes rescheduling; very friendly and helpful admissions office. I can't wait to interview here.

yep I called them today and Flo was like when would you like to interview haha I love The Ohio State University!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a congratulations call from the dean on the interview, that just took all my nerves away, can't wait to come interview here!

Yep Dean Capers is awesome! whens your date

Hi everyone, I just added Ohio this week and got the secondary. If anyone is willing to share, what did you write about for the altruism essay? I feel like I have a couple of things I could pick from to talk about but I'm not sure which one/ones would be the most effective. Just having some trouble with this one. Thanks!

Hi everyone, I just added Ohio this week and got the secondary. If anyone is willing to share, what did you write about for the altruism essay? I feel like I have a couple of things I could pick from to talk about but I'm not sure which one/ones would be the most effective. Just having some trouble with this one. Thanks!

Just describe altruism in your own words and talk about how it might play a role in your future career. For examples, don't feel like you need to talk about something huge; small but sincere examples can work well too.

I wrote about the time I was driving on a bridge and saw a drunk driver hit a school bus full of children. Both cars broke through the guard, and were about to go over the edge. With no regard for my own safety, I leaped into action and pulled the man's car back onto the road, right as the bus went over. He was extremely greatful and thanked me for saving his life. He then got back in his car and drove in the wrong lane down the bridge. It made me feel like I really made a difference in someone's life.

I wrote about the time I was driving on a bridge and saw a drunk driver hit a school bus full of children. Both cars broke through the guard, and were about to go over the edge. With no regard for my own safety, I leaped into action and pulled the man's car back onto the road, right as the bus went over. He was extremely greatful and thanked me for saving his life. He then got back in his car and drove in the wrong lane down the bridge. It made me feel like I really made a difference in someone's life.
haha

Best

EVER

you win the internets sir.

Last edited:
sept 28, can't wait to see the campus in person, esp. the horseshoe. what about u?

10/12, can't wait for football season to start, just found out got amazing seats this year

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do you buy tickets online? I can't find anything on their website.

I'm pretty sure its sold out, best luck is going on like facebook market place and see what students post to sell...which game you looking for

interview invite this morning for mid october. ;)

Congrats! which date?

I just noticed we have exactly the same stats and interviews, besides CCLCM

Interview invitation! Wow, didn't expect OSU to act this fast, my secondary was complete exactly a week ago!

Last edited:
Interview invitation! Wow, didn't expect OSU to act this fast, my secondary was complete exactly a week ago!

Congrats! except I don't know how we would feel about gator fans :p

Nonsense, I prayed to Tebow last night and got an invite this morning ;)

Nonsense, I prayed to Tebow last night and got an invite this morning ;)
Hey, what type of engineering where you at UF? I completed my BS in Mech Engineering in Dec 07 and I have the exact same GPA/sGPA as you...thought it was kind of funny.

Tebow is actually more experienced than most of us medical wise, he actually performed circumcisions on kids. What an overachiever, even by SDN standards.

Hey, what type of engineering where you at UF? I completed my BS in Mech Engineering in Dec 07 and I have the exact same GPA/sGPA as you...thought it was kind of funny.

I did Electrical Engineering, graduated in May 08, but stayed in town as a lab tech. If I'm lucky I may catch the 5th major championship in Gainesville!

Tebow is actually more experienced than most of us medical wise, he actually performed circumcisions on kids. What an overachiever, even by SDN standards.

Tebow is about the biggest overachiever ever. Maybe he's in competition with Myron Rolle, the FSU safety that won a Rhodes Scholarship and went to Oxford instead of the NFL (for now) but still wants to practice medicine.
Maybe Tebow should post here and go pre-med. :laugh:

Tebow is about the biggest overachiever ever. Maybe he's in competition with Myron Rolle, the FSU safety that won a Rhodes Scholarship and went to Oxford instead of the NFL (for now) but still wants to practice medicine.
Maybe Tebow should post here and go pre-med. :laugh:

Here as in ohio state thread? that'd be awesome :smuggrin:

wat are my changes?

19M, 2.1/2.2

but i has good extra curriculars!

wat are my changes?

19M, 2.1/2.2

but i has good extra curriculars!
lmao, is it sad that I've been around SDN long enough that the first thing that crossed my mind was, "geez, I hope no one makes a URM joke"?

...must resist...

Serious non-Tebow related question:
When does the interview start and where do we go? I know this is quite ahead of myself, but all other schools have said that in the invitation. I guess they tell you when it gets closer?

When does the interview start and where do we go? I know this is quite ahead of myself, but all other schools have said that in the invitation. I guess they tell you when it gets closer?

Interviews start 3 hours before game time, meet in front of the horseshoe. :smuggrin:

Seriously though, go to your status page and click on your status and you will be redirected to a letter with the details.

In the letter, they say that it starts at 10:45 for interviews from 9/2 - 10/26 and 9:45 for interviews from 10/28 to 3/24.

On a side note, Dean Capers gave me a call tonight at 9:30 congratulating me for the invite. I was taking a nap then and was a bit dazed answering the phone, hope I didn't sound too stupid :scared: Really didn't expect a call from med schools at that hour!

I got a rejection email this morning, which was a complete surprise to me. I'm out of state, but my stats are comfortably above their average. I also spent a really long time on the altruism question as that's my favorite topic. I don't get it?

Then again, everything has been an utter surprise for me so far in this cycle (both good & bad).

Anyone know the acceptance % of interviewed applicants for OSU?

Mucho gusto!

I got a rejection email this morning, which was a complete surprise to me. I'm out of state, but my stats are comfortably above their average. I also spent a really long time on the altruism question as that's my favorite topic. I don't get it?

Then again, everything has been an utter surprise for me so far in this cycle (both good & bad).

sorry to hear that...then again if your stats are that good then you'll have no problem elsewhere...best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.