2009-2010 Ohio State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
next person who gets a call - ask them why they insist on being so cruel to IS-ers...

Ok so I have a friend at my school who got an interview so it's not just oos ppl apparently, she had high MCAT though

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, that's reassuring, I'll stop complaining. :oops:

You people and your 37+ MCATs...

Is Ohio State one of those schools you can call and ask if they are going to interview you if you will be in the area? I have an interview at Case and would love to do the 8 hour drive only once.... :)

Not sure though if I am brave enough to ask them though :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
so, i was kind of sad because i hadn't received an email from OSU to invite me for their secondary...but then i just went to the site and tried logging in...and to my surprise...it worked!

did you guys actually get invitations to say that OSU's app was up or did i just do something forbidden??

Is Ohio State one of those schools you can call and ask if they are going to interview you if you will be in the area? I have an interview at Case and would love to do the 8 hour drive only once.... :)

Not sure though if I am brave enough to ask them though :scared:

Call anonymously! I haven't scheduled my Case interview either and would love to know this

so, i was kind of sad because i hadn't received an email from OSU to invite me for their secondary...but then i just went to the site and tried logging in...and to my surprise...it worked!

did you guys actually get invitations to say that OSU's app was up or did i just do something forbidden??
i didn't get one...maybe it hit my spam. i called them, and they send secondaries to everyone. she forwarded me the email right away, and i was able to apply.

Call anonymously! I haven't scheduled my Case interview either and would love to know this

The lady in the office said it probably won't happen, but it is worth a try. You can email them. I was just nervous about coming off as rude or presumptious... :scared: but she said it is fine. :)

i didn't get one...maybe it hit my spam. i called them, and they send secondaries to everyone. she forwarded me the email right away, and i was able to apply.
Same happened to me. Hit my spam at the start and I called a month later and they resent it. Very nice admissions office.

So could anyone give me any insight on this school?

Highly ranked in terms of research, seems like they've got some cool global health stuff, relatively larger class... that's really all I know.

Website doesn't seem to have a lot of info.

So could anyone give me any insight on this school?

Highly ranked in terms of research, seems like they've got some cool global health stuff, relatively larger class... that's really all I know.

Website doesn't seem to have a lot of info.

One of the most unique aspect of Ohio State is their Independent Study Program (ISP), which is basically what the name suggests, the students do not have to go to class or anything, but instead gets to study the material at their own pace, they set the tests and quizzes, (although there is an absolute deadline for finishing each block). A lot of students I know who do the ISP actually get ahead summer between M1 and M2, that way they get M2 done early and have more time to study the boards. Other than that the hospital system around here is awesome in terms of clinical opportunities. You will get plenty of clinical exposure your very first year. The classes are very diverse, ranging from a wide range of ages to ethnicities and backgrounds. Columbus is a good city, no real traffic problems, which is nice. I've lived here for the past 7 years, students from big cities would say it's sort of boring, but I think its big enough that there's still plenty of things to do but not super big. The undergrad campus is connected to the med center and it's huge and pretty much amazing, not to mention Buckeye football!!! That's pretty much all I know about ohio state, it wouldn't hurt to ask in the allo forum

One of the most unique aspect of Ohio State is their Independent Study Program (ISP), which is basically what the name suggests, the students do not have to go to class or anything, but instead gets to study the material at their own pace, they set the tests and quizzes, (although there is an absolute deadline for finishing each block). A lot of students I know who do the ISP actually get ahead summer between M1 and M2, that way they get M2 done early and have more time to study the boards. Other than that the hospital system around here is awesome in terms of clinical opportunities. You will get plenty of clinical exposure your very first year. The classes are very diverse, ranging from a wide range of ages to ethnicities and backgrounds. Columbus is a good city, no real traffic problems, which is nice. I've lived here for the past 7 years, students from big cities would say it's sort of boring, but I think its big enough that there's still plenty of things to do but not super big. The undergrad campus is connected to the med center and it's huge and pretty much amazing, not to mention Buckeye football!!! That's pretty much all I know about ohio state, it wouldn't hurt to ask in the allo forum

OK, cool, that was exactly what I was looking for.

I read about the ISP, but I wasn't really sure if it was for all accepted students, or if it was a separate program, or really what the heck it was. It makes sense now though.

Thanks a lot for the info.

Members don't see this ad :)
in-state inteview invite for 9/21. another reschedule, ugh, why dont they give us several dates to choose from?

in-state inteview invite for 9/21. another reschedule, ugh, why dont they give us several dates to choose from?

Congrats!!!! I hate to be that guy but I really want an invite from here! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking

Thanks!! 31Q (12P, 10V, 9B), 3.85 Chemistry GPA, URM (if that matters to you).

got an interview invite for 9/21 as well but i will have to reschedule. how friendly are they to reschedule requests?

Thanks!! 31Q (12P, 10V, 9B), 3.85 Chemistry GPA, URM (if that matters to you).

Congrats on the interview! Sorry for the noob question, but what exactly is URM? I'm just wondering because my stats are extremely similar to yours (we actually had the exact same MCAT score) and I'm also trying to get into OSU...

Congrats on the interview! Sorry for the noob question, but what exactly is URM? I'm just wondering because my stats are extremely similar to yours (we actually had the exact same MCAT score) and I'm also trying to get into OSU...

under-represented minority... i'm african-american.

Interview invite 9/14

I am really happy though it was frustrating trying to decipher their code of a password. I spent like 5 minutes because my brain could not focus because i was wondering what status change meant. :eek:

got a call from them yesterday around 6:30 congratulating me on the interview. i'm off today so i went to happy hour and was a little (a lot) intoxicated. whoooops lol. dont think i was slurring yet.

Just got a call from Dean Capers inviting me for an interview!!!

got a call from them yesterday around 6:30 congratulating me on the interview. i'm off today so i went to happy hour and was a little (a lot) intoxicated. whoooops lol. dont think i was slurring yet.
Me, too. The call was a nice touch, especially after we were already invited. He seems like a nice guy.

did anyone get an interview invite after 9/21 or know the interview dates after that? i had to reschedule my OSU interview (9/21) and i'm trying to schedule Yale now so i dont want both of them to be too close to each other or to have to reschedule again since OSU chooses the date for you.

Congrats! What are your stats if you don't mind me asking?

I'm flying in on the morning of the 12th cuz my interview is on the 14th. Does anyone have a ticket to the game by chance?:D I would give anything to see a game in the Horseshoe, and especially this game.

Last edited:
did anyone get an interview invite after 9/21 or know the interview dates after that? i had to reschedule my OSU interview (9/21) and i'm trying to schedule Yale now so i dont want both of them to be too close to each other or to have to reschedule again since OSU chooses the date for you.

I was just recently invited to an interview and I am interviewing on 9/28.

3.5/35, OOS. I'm flying in on the morning of the 12th cuz my interview is on the 14th. Does anyone have a ticket to the game by chance?:D I would give anything to see a game in the Horseshoe, and especially this game.

I think theyre a few hundred bucks online now. Students dont find out where we are sitting until next week so im sure they will go up around then. If you can, you should try to see the game around campus on the 12th because im sure it will be crazy. I personally will be pregaming for the 8pm game at sunrise lol.

3.5/35, OOS. I'm flying in on the morning of the 12th cuz my interview is on the 14th. Does anyone have a ticket to the game by chance?:D I would give anything to see a game in the Horseshoe, and especially this game.

Thanks, if you are willing to drop a few hundred bucks PM me I think I can get you one

Anybody know off-hand what the interview format is for OSU? It is blind / semi-blind? One, two, or three interviewers? Panel or individual? Medical student interviewers?

Thanks,

-vc7777

Check out the Interview Feedback on SDN.

Invite this morning! so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had to reschedule though

Congrats to everyone who got an interview invite. I got mine this morning!

Interview invite for September 30th. Nice. I could see myself as a Buckeye

Invite here as well! First one! I was starting to get worried.

Interview invite here. How much luck have you guys had rescheduling? Once you click on the reschedule icon, can you pick whatever day you want or what?

finally my time to write this essay (have been putting off till the end lol), has got to be the hardest one I have gotten so far. The OSU is def one of my top choices, but unfortunately its one of my reach schools.

Interview invite here. How much luck have you guys had rescheduling? Once you click on the reschedule icon, can you pick whatever day you want or what?

Congrats JJMrK! yea I'm wondering the same thing, I hit the reschedule and nothing so far, just new interview date requested.

Congrats JJMrK! yea I'm wondering the same thing, I hit the reschedule and nothing so far, just new interview date requested.

no they e-mail you another date. i was 9/21 and rescheduled and they got me for 10/7 or any monday or wednesday after that date.

interview invite today as well, anyone else going 9/28? can't wait, this should be my first one

I'll be interviewing on 9/28! I'm very excited. Hopefully I'll have the interview thing down by then, since it'll be my third interview

So there's no way to call and request a date? I'm already flying east twice and definitely can't afford to do it 3 times. Gotta start linking some of these together.

For anybody who cares, this school is awesome when it comes rescheduling; very friendly and helpful admissions office. I can't wait to interview here.

Status
Not open for further replies.