2009-2010 SUNY Downstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mega, is this reflected on your online status check?

downstate seems kinda unique compared to other schools. instead of plain rejecting you or putting you on hold, they ask for more information.

Members don't see this ad :)
when/where/how did you find out about being on hold?

they mail a separate sheet (separate from complete). they may ask for other info and if they check the box saying your app is on hold till they get it, then its on hold..

i was also asked for fall grades (3.7 gpa)..i think its just to make sure you're interested in january

they mail a separate sheet (separate from complete). they may ask for other info and if they check the box saying your app is on hold till they get it, then its on hold..

i was also asked for fall grades (3.7 gpa)..i think its just to make sure you're interested in january

Your box was checked for "on hold" for fall grades or did u just get the fall grades box checked?

I'm on hold. Bummer. They want me to me explain the 3 year gap between high school and college.:confused:

Yeah, I got a "hold" letter until I tell them what I am doing from Sept-June.

What?

Was that even on the application?

I sent it.

Weird.

so maybe the fact that that you were not placed on "hold" for your fall grades means they will stil consider you for an interview before they come out but they want to see them eventually?? idk lol

haha man i hope so.:xf:

is this after the completion snail mail?

Yup.

mega, is this reflected on your online status check?

downstate seems kinda unique compared to other schools. instead of plain rejecting you or putting you on hold, they ask for more information.

No. I'm not sure if my situation warrants a hold?? I will send a fax update to them tomorrow.

No snail mail for me. Maybe tomorrow. Hope it's good news.

Yup.

No. I'm not sure if my situation warrants a hold?? I will send a fax update to them tomorrow.

yeah but your hold will be taken off almost immediately, so no worries :thumbup:

a hold for fall grades would be rougher i think b/c they won't look at your app again till jan

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I got a "hold" letter until I tell them what I am doing from Sept-June.

What?

Was that even on the application?

I sent it.

Weird.

why would they even ask that? is what you're going to be doing in the fall really going to make a difference?

when were you complete?

interview invite todayyyyy my first one :D:D:D:D

Last edited:
understandable! congrats!!:) Mind sharing when you were complete?

they had actually asked me for fall grades, but didn't put me on hold, so i guess that means they don't stop considering your file even after they ask for info

Got interview invite even though I got the checklist saying they want fall grades and wanted me to expand on one of my EC

haven't checked the mailbox for a letter, but my online status now shows that they're requesting an additional letter of rec from the PI in the lab I work in.

(complete on 7/20)

i emailed the admissions office and was told that after review, the committee wanted additional information, in this case, the letter. also...they mentioned it was not uncommon for them to request additional info or letters of rec. i replied asking whether this would put my app on hold (now i have to wait for him to write the letter) and i'm awaiting a response.

this sounds like it could be good news? why would they want a rec if they were going to throw me out?? **holding out hope**:)

I e-mailed my grades over there, has anyone gotten a response saying all is well now?

So I finally called the office about not receiving a secondary though email (verified 7/, and the lady just told me to fill it out anyway. I wish I would have known you don't need to be invited to fill it out. It is kinda wierd they haven't emailed me yet either, I hope they have downloaded my AMCAS.

Does anyone know the details of applying to the MD/MPH program? I'm ******ed and sent in my MD supplmental, only to realize there is another application you have to fill in for MD/MPH. Do people know if I can send them in at separate times? Also do I have to pay the $45 dollar fee if I paid the $80 fee for the MD app? I had no idea there was a separate app to send for this program....i feel like an idiot :-(

For the term information on the pre-req chart, are you folks writing in "Fall 2007" or "Spring 2007"? Or are you writing it exactly as it is in the AMCAS primary: S1 2007 (instead of Fall 2007) or S2 2006 (instead of Spring 2007)?

Finally some love from my own state school. 6 interviews and counting.... Complete: 07/29 II:08/11

Does anyone know the details of applying to the MD/MPH program? I'm ******ed and sent in my MD supplmental, only to realize there is another application you have to fill in for MD/MPH. Do people know if I can send them in at separate times? Also do I have to pay the $45 dollar fee if I paid the $80 fee for the MD app? I had no idea there was a separate app to send for this program....i feel like an idiot :-(

I applied to the MD/PhD program here. I was also confused about paying the extra fee, but they told me I didn't have to pay anything extra after the $80 MD fee. I don't know anything about the MD/MPH program, but for the MD/PhD I had to send in a separate application to a separate office.

interview sept 10; anyone else on that day?

Interview invite today as well! Also scheduled for the second week of September.

interview invite despite never being asked to send in a secondary...odd

so did you even send in a secondary?

yea. after a few weeks of people receiving their secondary invites despite being complete after me, i decided to just send in the secondary. I figured that if they werent happy about, well its their fault for being so disorganized to not even acknowledge receipt of my primary nor ask for a secondary.

all is moot though.

If it helps I was complete on 7-29

Just to clarify: have people been getting the complete letters via snail mail, even while their proof of citizenship box was a red X?

Just to clarify: have people been getting the complete letters via snail mail, even while their proof of citizenship box was a red X?

Yes I got mine even though I only sent my passport copy last week. Although perhaps they have received it but not processed it as I live in NYC and it should only take about 1 day to get to them

im sorry but what is everyone talking abou regarding proof of citizenship? i have not been asked for anything of the sort.

im sorry but what is everyone talking abou regarding proof of citizenship? i have not been asked for anything of the sort.

Its part of the secondary. I (as im sure many people) breezed over it and didnt realize until I check my status. You need to send them via PDF or smail mail a copy of your US passport of birth certificate.

Its part of the secondary. I (as im sure many people) breezed over it and didnt realize until I check my status. You need to send them via PDF or smail mail a copy of your US passport of birth certificate.

im sure i didnt send this. yet there is no mention of it on the status page nor on my completion snail mail. hmm i wonder if i should call or just bring it on interview day.

No you don't. Not unless you're NOT a citizen. The application does not require proof of citizenship if you are an American citizen. From what I've been told, after you are accepted, they may ask you to provide proof of citizenship, even for US citizens.

yea. after a few weeks of people receiving their secondary invites despite being complete after me, i decided to just send in the secondary. I figured that if they werent happy about, well its their fault for being so disorganized to not even acknowledge receipt of my primary nor ask for a secondary.

all is moot though.

If it helps I was complete on 7-29

Man I wish I would have had the balls to do that, now I'm so behind with this school.

II: 9/8

Too bad it coincides with my 4hr biochemistry lab that I might possibly get deregistered from since it would be only the second week of school. Oh well.

II: 9/8

Too bad it coincides with my 4hr biochemistry lab that I might possibly get deregistered from since it would be only the second week of school. Oh well.

eeshk. i would hope your school/professor would be understanding of a med school interview...

eeshk. i would hope your school/professor would be understanding of a med school interview...
i had to drop one of my classes because of this...the teacher was like **** your med school you miss class i fail u.....-_-...now im looking for any stupid eng class to filll this ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.