2009 western university..anyone yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
have you been accepted to any other program yet?

Yeah, I have one acceptance so far, waiting to hear back from Western and another program that I'm wait listed at. I just want to know for sure where I'm going this fall though.

Members don't see this ad.

me too.
I have to start looking at housing options and prepare to move if Western doesn't want me.
Oh thy WesternU, why don't you want me :laugh:

Website says, "All prerequisites must be completed by the end of the spring term prior to matriculation."

Yes, website does says that. After you get accepted, you get paperwork that says that you must turn in those grades (transcript) from spring semester in to them by June 1st. Just fyi.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, website does says that. After you get accepted, you get paperwork that says that you must turn in those grades (transcript) from spring semester in to them by June 1st. Just fyi.

I just talked to admissions. She said there is no specific date, but it must be taken no later than spring quarter/semester.

I just got my Monday mail and received nothing from Western Univ. OMG the waiting continues.....it is so hard to concentrate on anything (exams) right now.

Did anyone get anything in the mail yet?

I just got my Monday mail and received nothing from Western Univ. OMG the waiting continues.....it is so hard to concentrate on anything (exams) right now.

Did anyone get anything in the mail yet?

Nothing in the mail/email here. I hate not knowing what's going on. I just don't want to be bothered with anything until I hear something from Western. Anything at all! :p

Nothing in the mail/email here. I hate not knowing what's going on. I just don't want to be bothered with anything until I hear something from Western. Anything at all! :p

Keep your mind off of it by watching I Love Money 2!! New episode tonight!! :D

I just turned in my deposit at the school!!!

YAY!!!

Did anyone try to call and ask about the status letter? I don't think we should expect mail tomorrow since it is C. Chavez Holiday.

Did anyone try to call and ask about the status letter? I don't think we should expect mail tomorrow since it is C. Chavez Holiday.

:-| My friend in California told me about that holiday. Now that you mentioned it, it dawned on me about not hearing anything again. :mad: Sigh...

:-| My friend in California told me about that holiday. Now that you mentioned it, it dawned on me about not hearing anything again. :mad: Sigh...

I take that back, I just checked the USPS 2009 Postal Holidays and C. Chavez is not on there. So we may get mail after all. Sorry for confusing you there.

[SIZE=+1]2009 Postal Holidays[/SIZE]

• Thursday, January 1 - New Year's Day
  • Monday, January 19 - Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday
  • Monday, February 16 - Washington's Birthday (President's Day)
  • Monday, May 25 - Memorial Day
  • Saturday, July 4 - Independence Day
  • Monday, September 7 - Labor Day
  • Monday, October 12 - Columbus Day
  • Wednesday, November 11 - Veterans Day
  • Thursday, November 26 - Thanksgiving Day
  • Friday, December 25 - Christmas Day
  • Friday, January 1, 2010 - New Year's Day

I take that back, I just checked the USPS 2009 Postal Holidays and C. Chavez is not on there. So we may get mail after all. Sorry for confusing you there.

[SIZE=+1]2009 Postal Holidays[/SIZE]

• Thursday, January 1 - New Year's Day
  • Monday, January 19 - Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday
  • Monday, February 16 - Washington's Birthday (President's Day)
  • Monday, May 25 - Memorial Day
  • Saturday, July 4 - Independence Day
  • Monday, September 7 - Labor Day
  • Monday, October 12 - Columbus Day
  • Wednesday, November 11 - Veterans Day
  • Thursday, November 26 - Thanksgiving Day
  • Friday, December 25 - Christmas Day
  • Friday, January 1, 2010 - New Year's Day

I was thinking more with the school. I already knew it wasn't a national holiday, but I didn't know if they school would send out any emails on that day or not. Are you thinking about calling the school? :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking more with the school. I already knew it wasn't a national holiday, but I didn't know if they school would send out any emails on that day or not. Are you thinking about calling the school? :D

I am hesitant to call because I called Friday. I don't want to annoy them.

You called them? What did you ask them? And what did they say?

If anyone got accepted could they please share stats. I am applying next year and would like a feel for who they are looking for

Well, if you guys in the socal area didn't hear anything by mail today, then I'm most likely not getting anything in the mail tomorrow...

waitlisted DUH!!! i want to go western so so badly :(

i here you.. i want to go here just as badly.. hoepfully there is some good news tomorrow but the longer i wait the longer i think thats its not gonna be good news!

What did they say when you called them?

I met all the prerequisites!

Question regarding banweb. When do we get our ID number to create our banweb account? Do we get it after we accept? And is it through email or snail mail?

I met all the prerequisites!

Question regarding banweb. When do we get our ID number to create our banweb account? Do we get it after we accept? And is it through email or snail mail?

The ID number might be on the letters or emails. If not, the ID number was on the name tag that you received on interview day. If you don't have your name tag, then just wait. You'll receive information about that soon. :)

The ID number might be on the letters or emails. If not, the ID number was on the name tag that you received on interview day. If you don't have your name tag, then just wait. You'll receive information about that soon. :)

thanks, i found my admissions guidebook that was given to us on the day of interview and found my name tag stuck to the front of it.

Nothing in the mail today either. For the people that were accepted on Friday, did you guys already receive your letters?

Is there a facebook group for class of 2013 ? :)

I received the actual letter of acceptance in the mail today!!! It is dated March 27, 2009. It's exactly the same as the acceptance email.

I received the actual letter of acceptance in the mail today!!! It is dated March 27, 2009. It's exactly the same as the acceptance email.

Are you in the socal area? If so, then I guess us waitlister/rejectees get our letters tomorrow or Thursday. :(

Soooo, looking at past posts...I am a little confused....can someone please clarify for me...

I see that they are taking people off hold and offering acceptances....but my questions are...

1. was it only on 3/27/09 that they were sending out the emails for pulling people off the hold...is that going to be their only time?? Cuz I remember calling Western a few weeks ago, and the girl had said that everyone should know a final answer by the end of March...but I dont know if she knew what she was talking about...does anyone else know or heard anything?

2. I have not seen anyone get pulled off the hold and offered an acceptance from the DECEMBER 6th interviews...is that correct?? I only see Jan, and Feb interviews...

Please clarify...Thanks!!!!

Soooo, looking at past posts...I am a little confused....can someone please clarify for me...

I see that they are taking people off hold and offering acceptances....but my questions are...

1. was it only on 3/27/09 that they were sending out the emails for pulling people off the hold...is that going to be their only time?? Cuz I remember calling Western a few weeks ago, and the girl had said that everyone should know a final answer by the end of March...but I dont know if she knew what she was talking about...does anyone else know or heard anything?

2. I have not seen anyone get pulled off the hold and offered an acceptance from the DECEMBER 6th interviews...is that correct?? I only see Jan, and Feb interviews...

Please clarify...Thanks!!!!

From what I know, people were getting acceptances from the last interview date and getting pulled off the hold list on Friday (3/27/09). Someone called Western to ask if they are done accepting people from the last interview date, and the person they spoke to said they're not done sending out emails and letters. However, the majority of us that haven't received an email believe that if you didn't get an email Friday, you're probably not going to be offered an acceptance right now and most likely will be 1) rejected, 2) wait listed, 3) continue to be on the wait list.

I don't know if people are getting pulled off from the December interview or not.

Thanks for replying DarlingNikki! :)

So, 3/27/09 was the day that people from the 3/14 and people from hold were given acceptance offers?? Both on the same day? So, maybe if they are still doing it, they might do it like that again next friday?

I just don't get it, because I have not seen anyone from December interviews say that they were pulled off the waitlist, and you would think they would be notified first if anything, since they interviewed first?

So, 3/27/09 was the day that people from the 3/14 and people from hold were given acceptance offers?? Both on the same day? So, maybe if they are still doing it, they might do it like that again next friday?

I just don't get it, because I have not seen anyone from December interviews say that they were pulled off the waitlist, and you would think they would be notified first if anything, since they interviewed first?

Yeah, both received acceptances on the same day. I don't know if they're going to do it again this coming Friday. It doesn't look too good for us at the 3/14 interview. I'm hoping what the school said was true about them not being done with sending out emails and stuff since I think emails= acceptances. I'm trying to be optimistic, but I'm not getting my hopes too high. Good luck to you! :)

Take into consideration that not everyone posts on SDN. Have you tried calling the admissions counselor to ask about your status? I think they're really helpful. :luck:

I'm still awaiting for a response! I'm one of the candidates that interviewed on December 6th. Sigh!

i got my acceptance letter today too!! i live like 10 mins from western! (and i got the email on friday)

does anyone have the url for banweb?

I have called the staff and asked about my status and all they say is, you are still on hold. :( that is all they can say...but I wish I would know how they are going about pulling people off hold...is there an order? alphabetically ordered? Just so I can get an idea of when I should be hearing something? I've been waiting since December 6th...thats over 4 months, its killing me! haha

I am hoping for the best too....and wish everyone the best too! :)

I know that there might be people that are not on this site and got pulled off the hold from Dec. interviews.....but if anyone on this site is a december hold and was offered an acceptance, please let me know, so that I can at least know if they are probably looking at the DECEMBER interviewees!

I am going INSANE constantly looking at my inbox!! I have even programmed my phone to notify me when I get an email! haha

Thanks alot! :)

Yeah, both received acceptances on the same day. I don't know if they're going to do it again this coming Friday. It doesn't look too good for us at the 3/14 interview. I'm hoping what the school said was true about them not being done with sending out emails and stuff since I think emails= acceptances. I'm trying to be optimistic, but I'm not getting my hopes too high. Good luck to you! :)

i hope that they are doing again this friday because it does not seem like they are done filling their class yet. I called them today and asked about my status but they would not say anything so that may be good or bad news i do not know but seems like they are not done making decisions from what i can discern from the situation! :xf: I will not give up until i get that letter:)

just wondering, is there any more interviews coming up?

So far, I don't think anyone from the Dec interview(on SDN at least) has been pulled off hold yet. Hopefully they are deciding our fate soon. I am having a hard time understanding why they are pulling the later interviews first, but there must be a reason... I'm just dying to find out what's going on with the December interview...especially since they said all that good stuff to us :) Anyway...LOL. My clickie finger is getting tired of refreshing my e-mail!! I set up my phone to alert me too!! haha!

Hi, I did not get an interview and got my rejection letter in mail on Friday....