* * 2010 - 2011 * * Secondary Applications Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I already freaking did the secondary forever ago and just got that invite too! I guess I need to call and make sure they got it...

And Im so happy for you Peachy, now you will be getting interviews like crazy!

They won't tell you if they got it. It says it in the e-mail. Thats one of the things turning me off about it. Seems like a more vague way of saying you may not be reviewed like MSU

Members don't see this ad.

Its going to be a great week. Why you ask?

MY D.O. LETTER ARRIVED AT INTERFOLIO!!!!!!!

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

You guys know that I've been working to get this letter since April.

YAY!!!

Now I can be complete. :luck::xf::luck:

Congrats!!! It's about time that guy got around to it!

They won't tell you if they got it. It says it in the e-mail. Thats one of the things turning me off about it. Seems like a more vague way of saying you may not be reviewed like MSU

Those sound like pretty bad business practices. The only way they should be able to justify not looking at your app, or at least having it screened through their system, is if the secondary is free.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,
For the NYCOM secondary is it ok to just list jobs in the work experience section? I'm assuming they will also have the primary at hand so they will see detailed descriptions of each of my jobs there. It would be redundant to explain again. That said, it does say "list" as opposed to "list and give a brief description."

Ok, I think I answered my own question. Feel free to chime in. Thanks future docs.

Well, just checked AACOMAS. Looks like they've updated my grade from Summer finally. Now whether or not it went out today to schools is another story. Hopefully. I'd prefer not to have to wait another week before they get that grade. Its the one that brings my sGPA up over a 3.0 finally.

I got an interview at LMU DCOM set for October.

Come on! Where's the excitement!?!?! I was expecting something more along the lines of:

I got!!! an!!! interview at LMU DCOM!!!!! set for OKTOBER!!!

(forgetting how to spell october out of shear ecstasy)

lol kuanileqa, his original post was "I got an interview invite today!!! Life is good!!!"

He was just saying where the interview was

lol kuanileqa, his original post was "I got an interview invite today!!! Life is good!!!"

He was just saying where the interview was

Haha! I just noticed that. Thanks for setting me straight Dan. :) You getting pumped for Touro?

Haha! I just noticed that. Thanks for setting me straight Dan. :) You getting pumped for Touro?

Touro is still a month away so not really yet. I don't look that far ahead. I've got a job search to worry about first. Not to mention AZCOM on 9/24. Looking forward to AZCOM for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you leaving for DMU tomorrow? Good luck! It will rain hard on Thursday and Friday! Bring an umbrella! :)

Thanks zeta. I'm in San Diego airport right now and will be boarding in about an hour. I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. Thank you for your suggestion. I saw your post about the storm a couple of days ago so I bought an umbrella. I'll update as soon as I'm done with my interview. I know yours is on 9/10. Good luck!!

Thanks zeta. I'm in San Diego airport right now and will be boarding in about an hour. I'm super excited and nervous at the same time. Thank you for your suggestion. I saw your post about the storm a couple of days ago so I bought an umbrella. I'll update as soon as I'm done with my interview. I know yours is on 9/10. Good luck!!

haha, yea, mine is on 9/10..I will be leaving tomorrow morning..whoo hoo! Good luck, doctorpurple! keep my fingers crossed for ya! :xf::xf::xf:

So I'm currently at Houston airport for a flight to des moines for my interview. So I decided to open my email through my iPhone and I saw a touro-ca interview invite!! Wohooo. 5 interviews so far. :D

Glad to hear that many fellow Cali residents are getting OOS interviews and acceptance. Congrats to all!

So I'm currently at Houston airport for a flight to des moines for my interview. So I decided to open my email through my iPhone and I saw a touro-ca interview invite!! Wohooo. 5 interviews so far. :D

Congrats!! I want a Touro-Ca invite :-( them and Western are my only chance to stay in Ca for school

Congrats!! I want a Touro-Ca invite :-( them and Western are my only chance to stay in Ca for school

Thanks DbDan! I'm sure you'll get your invite soon. It seems like they send invites quite slowly. I'm still waiting for western too. Hopefully, they will start giving interview. invites this week.

Well guys, I'm off to Lubbock in a few hours, after I get off of work... My Texas Tech interview is finally here! :eek: Excited, but I also know that they ask some pretty tough questions... I have a feeling I am going to choke. And the two month wait for a decision is going to hurt my soul.

Well guys, I'm off to Lubbock in a few hours, after I get off of work... My Texas Tech interview is finally here! :eek: Excited, but I also know that they ask some pretty tough questions... I have a feeling I am going to choke. And the two month wait for a decision is going to hurt my soul.
TWO MONTHS to give you the decision! thats terrible! especially if its your top choice! good luck with the interview!!

good luck noshie!! im sure you're more than well prepared. :luck:

but wow, that two months is gonna be tough..

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

I'm at Des Moines :p Yay! staying at a student's apartment. SOOOOOO nervous about tomorrow's interview..anyway, wish me luck, guys! :)

aaaand another week passes w/o hearing from any schools. Hopefully after my updated grades are released next week I'll hear something

Rejection from albany medical college :thumbdown:

o well, gotta rock the nsu interview on tuesday then azcom on Friday! It's gonna be a hectic week

Tech was awesome! Thanks for the good luck vibe guys... It was the best best best interview ever. Hopefully I will hear good news about this one in a few months because this is definitely my top choice so far...

I also received zero emails last week from all of the schools... Maybe since its the first few weeks of interviews for some of the schools they are just really trying to catch up. Hopefully this week will bring some really great emails... :)

I have to catch another flight to Arizona next week for AZCOM... So sick of flying already! The guy at the parking place near the airport remembered me and asked me when I was coming back... Haha. I said next week... :p

Tech was awesome! Thanks for the good luck vibe guys... It was the best best best interview ever. Hopefully I will hear good news about this one in a few months because this is definitely my top choice so far...

I also received zero emails last week from all of the schools... Maybe since its the first few weeks of interviews for some of the schools they are just really trying to catch up. Hopefully this week will bring some really great emails... :)

I have to catch another flight to Arizona next week for AZCOM... So sick of flying already! The guy at the parking place near the airport remembered me and asked me when I was coming back... Haha. I said next week... :p

Yay! The November match will be here before you know it!!!

Anyone else having trouble with these? I have chosen my DO schools for very specific reasons, mainly reputation, curriculum, match placements, student happiness, etc. But I feel like I'm not getting these reasons across the right way in the essay. So is there a right and wrong way to answering this question?

(Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it in the search).

Absolutely I am having trouble. You're not alone. "Why you? Why should we accept you over another person?" :beat: Ugh.

These are hard questions to deal with. However, your answers to these questions can set you apart from the waitlist/rejection crowd. Here's my advice to you (the "right" way, imho, to at least think about the question): you know that you want to be a physician. Make a case for yourself and spell out the experiences and attributes that have made you ready to handle the rigors of medical school. For example, I talked about my involvement with college athletics and research and what I learned from these experiences. Talk about things you didn't get to talk about on your personal statement (ie in my case: research).

Hope this helps. Hang in there and good luck.

Hey all!

Congrats on the Tech interview noshie; I hear it's a fantastic school!

So i'm waiting for my TMDSAS to get transmitted... I feel kinda sick for not having had an interview yet. I am still on the hunt for a DO to shadow, so no letter. Basically my only hope at the moment are the LECOMs, who emailed me saying they have received my secondary and will notify me of any updates (this was about 2-3 weeks ago)

For those of you who have gotten feedback from the LECOM schools, how long was it from the point they received your secondary and began processing... to them getting back to you on an interview invite? My stats aren't amazing, but I'm hoping I would've at least gotten an interview invite by now.

Sorry for sounding impatient... just needed to rant lol.

Thanks all!

Absolutely I am having trouble. You're not alone. "Why you? Why should we accept you over another person?" :beat: Ugh.

These are hard questions to deal with. However, your answers to these questions can set you apart from the waitlist/rejection crowd. Here's my advice to you (the "right" way, imho, to at least think about the question): you know that you want to be a physician. Make a case for yourself and spell out the experiences and attributes that have made you ready to handle the rigors of medical school. For example, I talked about my involvement with college athletics and research and what I learned from these experiences. Talk about things you didn't get to talk about on your personal statement (ie in my case: research).

I don't think you understood my question... the 'why us' that keeps coming up in secondaries is asking specifically "Why do you wish to attend *insert school*" I didn't mean, "why should *insert school* choose ME"

Make sense?? :D Thanks for your response though boy

awesome, I participated in college athletics too. I mentioned my involvement and growth through my personal statement, do you think it would be repetitive if I used my involvement in sports for my "why should we accept you?" essays? I wanna say that I learned vital leadership skills and gained many traits through playing on a team.

Congrats on the Tech interview noshie; I hear it's a fantastic school!

Thanks DrPenguin... It was the best ever... Not sure if anyone will be able to top that.

Glad to see your TMDSAS is almost finished! Good luck! Im sure you will snag some Tx interviews. :)

glad u had a great time noshie! really hope u get in :xf::xf:
and its kinda fun to fly all around the country - just not moneywise.

@drpenquin: i submitted both lecoms really early like in late June. i heard back from bradenton the second week they started giving out interviews. and i got placed on 30 day review for erie but got the invite in early august (on the 29th day of my review - i was keeping track of the days). i believe my stats are underdog status and i was able to get some interviews so im sure u can too. gl!

VCOM rejection today... And it's only 9am! Well, I have found that with bad news, there is always some good news up ahead. You know, just to balance out the universe... Come on Texas, give me a sign! ;)

VCOM rejection today... And it's only 9am! Well, I have found that with bad news, there is always some good news up ahead. You know, just to balance out the universe... Come on Texas, give me a sign! ;)

I got one of those the other day. First real rejection, feels good man.

I got one of those the other day. First real rejection, feels good man.

ABanana you are so crazy... Glad you only have one rejection! I have 6 rejections now... Doesn't really feel that great. Haha.

got the same email. i knew it wasnt a good sign when the header read "improve science gpa"

I don't know what my MD schools are doing with themselves. Haven't heard a beep from the 29 I am complete at. Been over a month now...*crickets*

I don't know what my MD schools are doing with themselves. Haven't heard a beep from the 29 I am complete at. Been over a month now...*crickets*

They suck. I havent heard anything at all... Keep checking my status and it seems like they are doing nothing with me... Oh well...

On a cooler note, I reached 1000 posts on SDN today! Woot Woot! This either means that I am awesome or that I am lame... Hehe. :laugh:

Judging from the SDN stats of those posting (gotta stop reading too much into those), seem like the schools are inviting those that are higher stats/more interesting first. We just have to wait a bit longer.

Or that's what I keep telling myself, haha.